LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers And College

i had been in diapers only at night until 3months ago my dr. told me i needed to start wearing them during the day as well thats all fine and great but i also started at college as well anyone got any advice or similar stories feel free to chat

You'll be fine. I wore a couple of times to lectures without incident. I'd advise taking a hoodie or jacket with you though to reduce the chance of any white plastic peeking over your jeans.

If you are worried wear thinner pull up style protection when at class, such as the depends underwear... most college classes are not more than 1 1/2 - 2 hours and lots of times those ones have a 5 min break.... but even if not... if you are able to go on ur own.. completely empty your bladder just before the longer classes... then you may just leak a little during class. In your bookbag, carry a couple changes with some wipes.. they make travel packs of wipes... and a couple plastic bags to put the used diapers in before putting in the trashcan in the bathroom... be courteous to your fellow students and wrap it in the plastic bag to prevent the smell...

but i'm wondering are you having many daytime accidents? why would the dr just out and say you need to wear during the day? it seems the patient would be the one to notice the daytime issues and start wearing protection.....

If you are worried wear thinner pull up style protection when at class, such as the depends underwear... most college classes are not more than 1 1/2 - 2 hours and lots of times those ones have a 5 min break.... but even if not... if you are able to go on ur own.. completely empty your bladder just before the longer classes... then you may just leak a little during class. In your bookbag, carry a couple changes with some wipes.. they make travel packs of wipes... and a couple plastic bags to put the used diapers in before putting in the trashcan in the bathroom... be courteous to your fellow students and wrap it in the plastic bag to prevent the smell...

but i'm wondering are you having many daytime accidents? why would the dr just out and say you need to wear during the day? it seems the patient would be the one to notice the daytime issues and start wearing protection.....

i had noticed my accidents and had been using diapers occasionally during the day on my own before discussing this with my dr. ,and i dont give a crap who sees my diaper i have a medical condition well actually two medical conditions that are a part of my life!

i had noticed my accidents and had been using diapers occasionally during the day on my own before discussing this with my dr. ,and i dont give a crap who sees my diaper i have a medical condition well actually two medical conditions that are a part of my life!

I appreciate your bold openness about wearing, but I would point out that it's usually best to aim for discretion as many people will not understand as we do here. Those people may be the ones you will want to be networking with after college to advance your career, so possibly alienating them now is something worth thinking about. You should not be ashamed of your need, and it appears that you aren't, but that doesn't mean you should ignore the possible outcomes of any actions you take. Be positive about yourself but be considerate of how others react to that. Not all boldness is a good thing for you in the long run, sometimes discretion will get you a lot more respect than boldness! Use your boldness as a personal strength to get you through tough times, and use care and compassion where it will gain you more.

Life is all about how you interact with the world around you, and if done well that will bring you the things you want from life.

Wishing you well!

Betypooh

I appreciate your bold openness about wearing, but I would point out that it's usually best to aim for discretion as many people will not understand as we do here. Those people may be the ones you will want to be networking with after college to advance your career, so possibly alienating them now is something worth thinking about. You should not be ashamed of your need, and it appears that you aren't, but that doesn't mean you should ignore the possible outcomes of any actions you take. Be positive about yourself but be considerate of how others react to that. Not all boldness is a good thing for you in the long run, sometimes discretion will get you a lot more respect than boldness! Use your boldness as a personal strength to get you through tough times, and use care and compassion where it will gain you more.

Life is all about how you interact with the world around you, and if done well that will bring you the things you want from life.

Wishing you well!

Betypooh

dear betypooh i respect your insight for discretion, but i must point out that incontinence is a medical disability and a common one. it is one i have live with and deal with for years. there are two areas i talk about advocating incontinence my blog on blogger and this site there is nothing about incontinence that i am ashamed of! the factor i discuss that i doesn't hold me back in life it raises me up in the disabled community .this site is the only part of my life were i use discretion because it is private to me, i enjoy talking with others on this site about such topics in ways i don't discuss on my other social network sites again thank you!

dear betypooh i respect your insight for discretion, but i must point out that incontinence is a medical disability and a common one. it is one i have live with and deal with for years. there are two areas i talk about advocating incontinence my blog on blogger and this site there is nothing about incontinence that i am ashamed of! the factor i discuss that i doesn't hold me back in life it raises me up in the disabled community .this site is the only part of my life were i use discretion because it is private to me, i enjoy talking with others on this site about such topics in ways i don't discuss on my other social network sites again thank you!

I understand, and it's nice to know we've got such a good advocate out there :) My concerns reach to everyone here- I don't want anyone to have any problems- and since you know what you're doing, well that's the main thing ;) I have a number of disabled friends and most of them handle themselves with an aplomb usually not seen in the fully-able. We can learn from everyone if we try!

Kudos,

Bettypooh

I understand, and it's nice to know we've got such a good advocate out there :) My concerns reach to everyone here- I don't want anyone to have any problems- and since you know what you're doing, well that's the main thing ;) I have a number of disabled friends and most of them handle themselves with an aplomb usually not seen in the fully-able. We can learn from everyone if we try!

Kudos,

Bettypooh

no words can express the truth more thank you !
  • 1 month later...

Having worn my diapers to college I can say that it's not all that bad. Hardly anyone notices and when I wen't to school diapered no once mentioned a word about me wearing diapers. All I did was carry like two extra diapers in my school bag and when ever I needed to change my diaper I would just head to the restroom and go into a stall and change. Try to look for restrooms that don't get used much so then there well be less people coming and going in and out. The only really embarrassing part about having to wear diapers to school was when it came to throwing the diaper away when you exist the stall holding a diaper in your hand and people then know you are wearing diapers. Other then that it isn't anything to be ashamed of. Just like a person needing glasses we need to wear diapers nothing to be ashamed of.

-thanks

Paige a.k.a iCrinkle2

Chris, I agree. Incontinence is a valid medical condition. Even if someone isn't truly incontinent they could still use it as an excuse and nobody would be the wiser. There's no need to be paranoid about it. In fact, most (if not all) people really won't ever notice any ways since they are in their own little world. I've been firm in not going out of my way to hide ,or show, I wear diapers. Yes I wear slacks to work more often than jeans, but it's because they are more comfortable to me than just being able to hide my diapers. If someone actually was to notice I wear diapers at work yet had a problem with it, then that's their problem they can take up with the ADA- not mine. (FYI- I've been at the same office job for 7 years now. I've always worn 24/7, and even with leaks- not a single person in my office has noticed). On the other hand; when I'm at the beach I wear just my diaper. I'm there to catch some sun, not to be covered up (and FYI, diapers cover up a lot more than a speedo does so that throws indecent exposure out the window). Wearing diapers to class (and possibly getting "caught") shouldn't concern you, just be your self and do it (but I wouldn't recommend wearing a "got diapers" tee shirt at the same time).

• 1 month later...

dear indie-girl no i live off campus and while i am at school i use sassy diaper sacks the ones most people use for baby diapers and as i said before i am open on the topic of incontinence and adult diapers!

• 2 weeks later...

Wishing you well!

Betypooh

Both good points. I have to agree with what Bettypooh said about discretion. I think bettypooh's response was due more to your comment, "i dont give a crap who sees my diaper i have a medical condition well actually two medical conditions that are a part of my life!". Personally, taking that attitude is a good one because if you have a medical condition and are incontinent, yes, you have a perfectly legitamte reason for wearing diapers. People should realize that there are people out there with medical issues and will need diapers, same as people who need glasses or are in a wheel chair. That said, it dosn't mean people should get really defensive about their incontinence unless someone gives you crap about being in diapers. If in the course of every day routien some people notice that you wear diapers, having the attitude that you don't care because it's a medical condition is great. I'm sure that you don't purpously flaunt them or let them show, but things inadvertantly can happen that will make others "pick up" on the fact that you may be wearing diapers. You could be seen changing in a restroom or even if you have to change out of your regular clothes in the locker room. If you have a college roomate, it might be hard to keep the fact that you wear diapers from people and friends. That said, I think what Bettypooh means is that your reaction to others might influence how they percieve you and how you handle your incontinence. The "I don't give a crap who sees my diaper" response sounded like you have a defensive attitude about your incontinence. You probably didn't mean it to sound that way at all. You probably ment more like, "I really don't care if someone happens to notice that I have to wear diapers because I have medical conditions that require me to wear them and there isn't anything I can do about it." The attitude I would take is basically the same, not caring if others discover that I have to wear diapers for a medical reason, but I also would try my hardest to make sure my diapers don't show, again knowing that isn't always possible. Your "I don't give a crap" response sounded kind of defensive and I think that was what Bettypooh was commenting on. True, if someone has a defensive attitude it can ailenate people, not only friends or others in your classes, but also a slight defensive attitude can appear with other things in life and you may not even realize it. Teachers and professors, employers, people you may have to deal with for many things including work related. This is what Bettypooh was hinting at. I would have more of an attitude to try and inform people of my problem if it comes up. "Yes, I do have to wear protective underwear due to a medical condition. I don't have much bladder control anymore due to (this condition). It's gotten worse over the past few years to the point where I must wear an absorbent undergarment at all times." Sure, you don't care who knows it because it is a medical contition, but it's a different attitude that comes through. Not an "I don't give a crap who knows" attitude, but more of an, "I'll try to educate you a little so you know just why I have to wear diapers and you'll understand." You probably already do that since you mentioned about your blogging. Yes, as you pointed out to Bettypooh, incontinence is a medical disability and a common one. I like the fact that you say, "there are two areas i talk about advocating incontinence my blog on blogger and this site there is nothing about incontinence that i am ashamed of! the factor i discuss that i doesn't hold me back in life it raises me up in the disabled community". That is a great attitude and discussing incontinence and it's causes on blogs so others can learn about it is a service to incontinent people everywhere. I agree it's nothing to be ashamed of, but also nothing to get defensive about either, unless you have some real jerk who just won't try to understand about it! What Bettypooh said, "Be positive about yourself but be considerate of how others react to that. Not all boldness is a good thing for you in the long run, sometimes discretion will get you a lot more respect than boldness" is right on the money! You can be discreet with your incontinence but also informative about it to others who may ask you questions about it. Basically, what Bettypooh is trying to advocate is be discreet unless someone asks you about it. Then be polite and informative about your condition in a way that dosn't sound like you are defensive about your incontinence because it's a medical condition. Good luck with you in college!

• Like 1

Chris, I agree. Incontinence is a valid medical condition. I've been firm in not going out of my way to hide ,or show, I wear diapers. Yes I wear slacks to work more often than jeans, but it's because they are more comfortable to me than just being able to hide my diapers. If someone actually was to notice I wear diapers at work yet had a problem with it, then that's their problem they can take up with the ADA- not mine. (FYI- I've been at the same office job for 7 years now. I've always worn 24/7, and even with leaks- not a single person in my office has noticed).

I might instead say, "Not a single person in my office has said anything to me about noticing I wear diapers or have leaked." I'll bet many people have noticed you wear diapers, especially if, as you say, you don't go out of your way to hide that you wear diapers. In this day and age, you can get into real trouble if you even mention anything about someone's medical condition, clothing choices, sexual preference, etc. Some people probably have whispered among themselves that they know you wear diapers, but they want to keep their jobs so they are very discreet about who may over hear their conversations!

Rusty, you may very well be right but I really don't think so. I've dropped a few hints and skimmed the topic with my immediate coworkers enough to know that they doesn't realize I wear a diaper- and one of them shares the same office with me. It's not that hard to hide wearing a diaper without having to go out of your way to do it too. You'd be surprised how much most people are in their own worlds and won't even notice something that's obvious, let alone discretely hidden. Most of us AB/DL's really are just paranoid about getting noticed. As for the diaper leaks, I do wear a diaper cover that contains all but the worst ones. It's a rarity anyone would be able to see it even as is.

Have you seen this? It's a real eye opener on how little we notice.

http://www.livescience.com/6727-invisible-gorilla-test-shows-notice.html

Brian has a good point. Most people are so absorbed (ha ha) in the trappings of their daily lives that they won't notice anything out of the ordainary. You could wear the biggest, loudest, thickest diaper possible and nobody would bat an eye.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Diaperdragon

I have worn them to college and never had any problems. I always kept my diapers in my foot locker and even worn them for final exams. The one issue that may come up is when you poop and getting rid of the poop and smell of the poop in the college dorm.

• 2 weeks later...

hi! I just joined...

I just finished my first year of college. With some thought and planning, everything went alright. If anyone wants to talk about it or trade tips (or just listen to mine) I hope people message me.

I dont know if this was mentioned, but my doctors note helped me get a single dorm room, which was crucial. I don't know what I would have done if I had to bunk with someone else.

I won't say there weren't a few humiliations, but it went better than I thought. I couldn't drink as much as I would have liked at parties but thats not such a bad thing :)

• 1 month later...

Learn where the single, lockable handicapt bathrooms or whatever they call them there are and use them to change your diaper. Also, wear several large pairs or underwear/panties over the diaper to quiet the sound from it crinkling.

Guest Diaperdragon

That's why if you live on campus and you wear diapers. It's best that you get a single room. If you live off campus, make sure you have a roommate that is cool about it and always carry a spare diaper with wipes.

That's why if you live on campus and you wear diapers. It's best that you get a single room. If you live off campus, make sure you have a roommate that is cool about it and always carry a spare diaper with wipes.

Oh yes, always carry a spare diaper. I keep one in each of my backpacks and one in my bottle bag purse.

Guest Diaperdragon

I always carry a spare diaper in all my bags. I always know where the gender neutral bathrooms and even the Handicap bathrooms, so if I need to change my diaper. I know where is one near by