LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bed Protection,

Im new to being a bedwetter and having problems with finding the right one. The wife

And I have tried a few, some work some where a waste of money. My problem is the

ones that work also leave us hot or feels like you are sticking to the sheets. I do not feel

it is to my wife to be hot so im open to new ideas. Im needing the extra protect

Because my diapers are leaking almost every night. Please help as im at a lose

right now. Tomorrow I might order a bed pad that goes on one side but not sure if it

is something that is worth it yet.

Or try one of the booster pads from either bambino (quatro) or Abena they are almost a diaper unto themselves and work great no matter what diaper you use. :thumbsup:

I wear my normal size medium dry 24/7's with an xl pair of the angelfluff all in ones over top. http://www.angelfluff.com/nfsolutions.htm

Have nevever had any leaks with this setup. Main thing is to make sure that the waist and leg bands do not meat in the same area. The waist on the angelfluff AIO is about 2-3 inches higher then what the disposable is, as well the leg openings are about 1-2 inches lower, this way if there are any leaks it leaves enough padding for the AIO to soak it up. Most people are worried about the longevity of the AIO's but since it is not diaper #1 and I have enough for 1 a day at night and since I line dry them when I wash them, I have been using the same ones for about 3 years now.

I hope this isn't offensive being a non-bedwetter and answering as I'm just trying to help. When I was doing the 24/7 thing and wetting at night I had bought the below product (reusable overlay, I bought the regular size) to protect the bed in case I had any diaper leaks. I would have used a full mattress protector but my husband didn't want to have to sleep on one and I can't blame him for that, though I'm assuming those offer the best protection. Anyway for what the product was, it did a good job. I had quite a few leaks and it protected the bed and nothing ever got through it but there are threecaveats with that type of product.

One: I woke up often in the night and found that it was no longer under me from rolling around too much or pushing it off in my sleep or whatever so I would need to reposition it in the night. If I were a habitual bedwetter I would probably use this as a first defense (After diapers) and have something larger and more stationary underneath for better protection.

Two: If I leaked, I needed to remove the pad from the bed because it would be soaked on the surface like a towel submersed in water. During those times the bed was unprotected for the rest of the night because I didn't have a spare pad so that is something to take into consideration too.

Three: Because it is full cotton and has a plastic backing to it, it can get very hot and sometimes it was very wet just from persistent sweating.

When I was wearing cloth and plastic pants, I rarely leaked unless it was fully saturated and I was too lazy to change. With disposable Molicares, I slept on my side often and each time I was on my side it would certainly leak. Sometimes even laying on my back it would leak.

http://bedwettingsto...f-overlays.html

Hope this was useful and good luck!

Army, I'd definitely invest in a mattress cover like tauschung linked for the interim.

This doesn't directly address your question, but what kind of diapers are you using and what kind of overpants are you using? It could be that "upgrading" those may go a long way towards alleviating your problem.

Cloth diapers seem to be the best for sleeping, especially for side sleepers where they have no equal ;) With enough layers you can get one that will last the entire night no matter how much you wet. Maintenance is the downside of cloth diapers. Using one or two layers (with a cover of course) over your usual diaper will probably give you another leak-proof solution :) A bedwetting alarm can wake you to change but of course by then the bed is partially wet, at least on your side. A sleeping pad added to the mix should solve your problem. Of all the problems with incontinence this one is the worst because it affects someone else you care about and you are not aware of your condition until you wake up when it's too late to do anything. I hope you find the answer you need among the replies here.

Bettypooh

Thank you all for all the help. Right now I'm looking for a bed pad for my side of the bed. After that I'm going to start looking into better cloth diapers as I really got to get my expense down and I'm a side sleeper. I have some cloth diapers right now but they will not hold over the night as I'm a heavy wetter. I'm thinking that might be one of the reasons that I need the extra protection at night. I bought the cloth diapers for road trips when there would not be a bathroom around and you would be surprised how many times on a convoy that happens. But that is a life time ago now.....

Thanks again for ideas

• 2 weeks later...

I have found that Northshore Care Supply offers the best bed pads I have ever found. Tranquility Peach Sheet Underpads are really great. I have found that the reps at Northshore are very helpful and really know the best products to use.

• 4 weeks later...

Cloth diapers seem to be the best for sleeping, especially for side sleepers where they have no equal ;) With enough layers you can get one that will last the entire night no matter how much you wet. Maintenance is the downside of cloth diapers. Using one or two layers (with a cover of course) over your usual diaper will probably give you another leak-proof solution :) A bedwetting alarm can wake you to change but of course by then the bed is partially wet, at least on your side. A sleeping pad added to the mix should solve your problem. Of all the problems with incontinence this one is the worst because it affects someone else you care about and you are not aware of your condition until you wake up when it's too late to do anything. I hope you find the answer you need among the replies here.

Bettypooh

i agree with bettypooh however i use all tranquility products ATN diapers with topliner and contour liner booster pads with a tranquility bed pads the beds have tapes to keep the pad in place, i also use a reusable bed pad from priva you can get these items through hdis or activstyle also i use a matress protector sheet set i bought at walmart i hope this helps (pm me if more info needed)