LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Is A Site For Acceptance So Judging

lilkitten13

*Why Is A Site For Acceptance So Judging?"

Answer? Simple: Judgements & People's Are like our A**H*le's. Everyone of us has one, but it doesn't mean that we're all right or wrong. It is just our opinion from a specific point of view.

Rockies Fan.

• Like 1

English unfortunately, within the written word, does very little to show emphasis, that is unless it is in the hands of a skilled literary artiste. I am sorry to state, that on this site, there is a proportion of members whom, for some reason or another, fail at their attempt to communicate their point. This can be from a simple lack of attention to their spelling and grammar to a lack of ability either from medical or intellectual grounds. Combine this to the quirks and nuances of the language and how it is applied within each demographic area and the variances involved within individual groups of people. It is not surprising that misinterpretation of topics exist.

I apologize to those people who use same, but this site has the ability to include 'smilies', where the intention of a phrase can be emphasised by the use of a character or set of characters.

Apart from the above, some people use net speak, and text language, where they forget that this is an INTERNATIONAL site, used by people worldwide, where English is not their primary language. That, I personally find rude.

I have requested this before, for members to use full and as correct as possible English, and use some punctuation. On a site like this, the only way your point will be read is if it is legible.

Despite what I have explained, there will always be the few members that due to some personal held belief, they feel that they have the right to abuse others here.

Those who are truely in control, don't want it, and those that do want it, won't get it.

It is usually the morally weakest, that screams the loudest.

I call 'em like I see 'em. While I generally don't try to offend anyone, besides the druggies and alcies, I do sometimes manage to stomp on the occasional toe or sore nerve. If it's a matter of accidental wording of my points, I'll apologize for it and try to offer a better wording of what I was tryin' t'get across. If it's because of my beliefs, then if people can't handle that, tough shit for them... I refuse to run counter to my beliefs, as one of my beliefs is that doing so is worse than most of the "big 10"... If you can't be true to yourself, how can anyone ever trust you?

• 1 month later...

Just ran across this and while there is some of that rudeness and judgmental attitude here it's well bellow average for various web communities I have been involved in over my 20-ish years on the internet. It's also way way less hostile and judgmental here than another ABDL site I used to post on. I regard myself as pretty thick skinned, I can easily just ignore things, but even for me I was always second guessing making a post for fear of unexpected anger and aggression so I get where the original poster and some of the other replies are coming from.

Even with people you know face to face things aren't always butterflies and roses. Any sizable web community I would say has more negativity floating around because of the size more than it being the internet. Anyway, it's just something you have to get used to and also decide what's an acceptable amount of negative to the positive. For me one out of ten or even one out of twenty posts here are something I feel is hostile or nasty. That's a pretty good batting average.

• Like 1

Apart from the above, some people use net speak, and text language, where they forget that this is an INTERNATIONAL site, used by people worldwide, where English is not their primary language. That, I personally find rude.

It might be an international site, but it is based in the United States. Thus, English is the primary language.

Why should 90% of members change so the 10% of members(note: guessing at percentages) can use this site? That doesn't make any sense. Just look at AB Kingdom. Forum-wise, it's mostly in French, but there is a small portion that is in English.

I have requested this before, for members to use full and as correct as possible English, and use some punctuation. On a site like this, the only way your point will be read is if it is legible.

Unless you have the power to ban people(thus, being a mod), people are going to blow your "requests" off because they don't really care and they know you can't do anything about it. You can't force people to conform to your standards.

Personally, I try and always use proper spelling and grammar because I find excessive net/text speak to be annoying.

When it comes to smilies, I don't use them because I never think to. Honestly, excessive use of smilies is annoying as all hell, too.

• Like 1

Its a very interesting subject to bring up. I also think there is a lot less rudeness here than other places, which is why i come here. However it is not entirely void of such things as rudeness and verbal abuse.

There is also some belief that some people are above reproach due to their 'length of membership' on this site. I have seen posts on here and on the DD chat that are shouted down by 'seasoned members', and there is also a pack mentality where many rise to defend a persons words, be they right or wrong, rude or hurtful. And there are some that purposely go out of their way to draw confrontation, almost thrive on the enjoyment of belittling others and calling their integrity or honesty into question.

I know that the DD staff work tirelessly to try and control these situations, and i am glad to see them at work and the results.

There are many forums for our lifestyle and some of the sub parts of our lifestyle and none have come close to the caring community within DD. In any barrel of rosy, shinny beautiful apples there will be some spoilt rotten bad apples. If they are left, their poison can spread to the shinny beautiful apples forever tainting them.

That's at least half the Internet then. :P

Methinks you underestimate us- I'd say it's more than half :o

Its a very interesting subject to bring up. I also think there is a lot less rudeness here than other places, which is why i come here. However it is not entirely void of such things as rudeness and verbal abuse.

There is also some belief that some people are above reproach due to their 'length of membership' on this site. I have seen posts on here and on the DD chat that are shouted down by 'seasoned members', and there is also a pack mentality where many rise to defend a persons words, be they right or wrong, rude or hurtful. And there are some that purposely go out of their way to draw confrontation, almost thrive on the enjoyment of belittling others and calling their integrity or honesty into question.

I know that the DD staff work tirelessly to try and control these situations, and i am glad to see them at work and the results.

There are many forums for our lifestyle and some of the sub parts of our lifestyle and none have come close to the caring community within DD. In any barrel of rosy, shinny beautiful apples there will be some spoilt rotten bad apples. If they are left, their poison can spread to the shinny beautiful apples forever tainting them.

QFT! Especially the last part. I've ran into that so many times online and in RL that I cannot fathom why so few see the truth in it. Still I find that most people tolerate it and we shouldn't! Anyway I try to help people understand and give them a chance (maybe too many chances) to get things right because I believe that everyone has something good to contribute. And still my patience gets tested....but whatcha gonna do? Sigh....

Bettypooh

• 1 month later...

Eh, it's the internet. Does it really matter if people are rude? I understand this site is for discussions related to subject matter that is somewhat frowned upon in the vanilla day to day, but to let some faceless post by a screen name get to you is just silly.

To me, it seems that the majority of the "rudeness" happens as a response to one of a few different circumstances.

• Posting content in the wrong subforum. If it has a place, post it there. If I wanted to read it, I'd go find it.

• Being an idiot. This can apply to knowingly, or not knowingly doing or posting something that is just inexcusable. This is a site for acceptance, yes, but common sense and the rules of society still apply.

• Just general trolling. But in this instance, you have no leg to stand on when arguing that people are rude, since that was the goal.

• Then there is the misinterpretation of a post. This applies to broken sarcastometers and the inability to pick up on the inflection of a post.

• Posting like a horny 17 year old nerd. This applies to both being just creepy, and one handed fap material. We don't believe your story, and no girl wants to see your man meat. Get over it.

And I'll end my lecture with my personal pet peeve.

•Basic spelling, basic punctuation, and basic grammar. I'm not a militant nazi about it, but If you want my acceptance, make sure I can understand you.

I'm not saying the op is guilty of any of this, just giving my observations and opinions as to why it happens.