LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Embarassing Tmi Question.... (For Ladies In Particular)

Prepare for gross stuff.

Ok, so today I began thinking something...weird.

Some pads for women on their period are very similar to some incontinence pads. I'm not really a pad user, specifically for the reason that it DOES feel like a diaper and they don't work for me, but I never really considered what the ABDL community might think of diapers in this regard.

Well, let me put the question simpler:

Ladies, do you use your diapers as a means of sanitary supplies during your period? Do you wear things with it in addition? How good is it for leaks and/or spotting or problems with heavy flow?

TMI portion:

I'm honestly curious about this. I have problems with heavy flow, and honestly, I'm sick of having to throw away nice panties because pads or tampons just don't cut it. I am on meds for the problem, but it's still pretty hard to manage, and has been all my life. If a diaper or incontinence pad is the only way I can properly manage my period....well...it honeslty might be something I need to consider. Creeps me out a little texture-wise, but for utilities sake, it might be something I'll do.

Thanks for any info the ladies have to offer. Really. I know it's a very personal question.

• Like 1

I'm a "pullups by day, diapers by night" girl pretty much year round. Both products work just fine for handling menses, never had any problems. Run down to the local drug mart and pick up a pack of Depend refastenable underwear when that time rolls around. They're cheap and it certainly won't hurt you to give it a try.

• Like 1

my wife is a pads by day, bambino by night girl when that time comes. once morning rolls around, she hops in the shower and cleans up, ready to tackle the day all over again. she like it that way due to no need to wake up and deal with a pad that might not be fitting right. that, and she really cant say no to a night diaper :P

Although i don't have my period anymore (thank you depo!!!), when I did, i was the extremely heavy flow... we are talking 1 super max tampon and 1 super max pad every 30 minutes, for 10 days had anemia kinda flow.... so i was started on birth control at 13... which let me go a whole 45 minutes before needing to change.... but for some reason, when i got into diapers.. i could not wear diapers while on my period...

for me however, the whole ab thing is purely sexual, and when i'm bloated, have a raging migraine, horrific crippling cramps, and an so fatigued from hte blood loss, I in no way wanted to do anything sexual...

but in hindsight, i do see how wearing diapers in my teen years who have prevented having to sleep on like three towels and setting my alarm to wake me up every 45 min, and some nights having to take 2-3 showers in hte middle of hte night to clean up......

Mama Melody, I wouldn't call your thoughts weird--in fact, you asked several very good questions.

In the past, my girlfriend has been receptive to using diapers during her period upon my request, although she's never actively purchased a package of diapers for use during her period. Being a pad user by default, my girlfriend has never worn anything in addition to her diaper. Furthermore, my girlfriend's period lasts a good seven days, and the first two of those days she has an incredibly heavy flow--she has never had issues with spotting and/or leaks while wearing a diaper.

My girlfriend's primary choice of pads changes from time to time, but she's currently using Always regular maxipads in the day, and extra-heavy flow overnight pads at night, both with wings. (When I say maxipads, I mean that in the proper sense by the way, not as generic slang for pads in general.) During the first two days of her period, she only wears the extra-heavy flow pads because of how heavy her first two days are. If she's working, she'll usually continue to wear them on the third day of her period, switching only to regular Always pads as her flow tapers off, if it's incredibly light on days six and seven, she'll switch to generic pantyliners.

In addition to pads, my girlfriend has worn both GoodNites (size L/XL) and Huggies Pull-Ups (size 4T-5T) during her period with excellent results. She also wore UnderJams a few times, but had the same problem with the side panels everyone else does. She's worn both GoodNites and Pull-Ups overnight, and she's worn GoodNites and Pull-Ups out of the house while running errands. (She's also worn GoodNites, Pull-Ups, and UnderJams when we've gone out to eat, but she doesn't trust the UnderJams for anything other then sitting in a restaurant for the reasons noted previously.) The only place she won't wear a diaper out of the house is the one place where it would probably do her the most good, and that's at work. Given that she's frequently on her feet/in motion, the absorbancy and design of a diaper would likely make her life much easier then a traditional pad. I can understand why she hasn't wanted to wear a diaper to work though, but with a flow as heavy as hers is on the first and second day, it wouldn't exactly be a bad idea, and she's even acknowledged this herself.

My TMI portion:

Having both a diaper fetish and menstrual fetish has actually come in handy on a few occasions. Normally having a menstrual fetish means that one has to accept that the sheets will inevitably have some stains on them after menstrual intercourse. Although this honestly doesn't bother me, the idea of staining my sheets did bother my girlfriend. The first time we engaged in menstrual intercourse, my girlfriend was so scared of staining the bed that I took a pair of GoodNites, (the ones with the ballerinas on them from 2007,) ripped open the sides, and placed them under her so that she could "free bleed" into the diaper. I repeated the process with a second pair of GoodNites that I turned sideways and placed underneath the first pair forming a "+" shape. This way, if she accidentally moved off of the first pair of GoodNites, the second pair would catch her menstrual fluid. (Without saying too much, the intercourse, and its effect on the GoodNites, were definitely more fun then I was initially expecting.) Additionally, menstrual protection makes cleaning up after certain non-menstrual "activities" far easier then it would be otherwise.

Finally Melody, I hope that you find at least some of this post useful.

I have heard that a number of women do use diapers when they have heavy periods. Personally speaking, I would find the wider crotch area more re-assuring than ordinary pads. Even though it's just another body function it's very hush hush and just plain horrible to go through.

I've also been a heavy bleeder all my life and on approaching the flooding forties was needing trips to the loo every 30 mins to change both tampon and pad. Being irregular I could never make plans to go anywhere either. Thanks to the doctors though (and loads of tests) I now have a Mirena Coil fitted and I only spot when I'm on my period. I now have a life :)

There are a lot of side effects with it that anyone thinking of going down that road would need to look at (depression being the worst for me) but the overall plus side of having it have far outweighed the negatives and I would recommend it. It doesn't work for everyone though!

I don't think it's a 'too much information' question either :), better to ask than not and never know. Apologies for side-tracking a tad.

I'm really glad to be getting all of this info! People are more open and less grossed out than I thought they would be!

I don't think I'm able to make a full jump to diapers as, no offense to all who wear, the crinkle just makes me uncomfortable. I don't mind others wearing them and encourage it, but I mind the feeling myself. As I said, I may resort to it anyway at some point. My underwear bill is rising too steadily, and I do have some packages of diapers of all types around the house.

Someday perhaps. If my flow gets really heavy. Truly glad to know that at least I have the option.

I'm really glad to be getting all of this info! People are more open and less grossed out than I thought they would be!

My folks were always open about "life" exscept about sex lol. (That was a "Not till your married" thing.) With the internet things are more "open" now. And here at DD I've seen the people here don't mind giving advice when asks. Thanks to all of you!!! :thumbsup:

i have also hear of women and girls using diapers or pull ups etc for heavy periods because pads or tampons weren't enough protection for those times.

if I was a woman I probably would too.

but it's up to each women or girl to decide what works for them.

Melody, have you looked into the depo shot or mirena? both of those have the bonus side effect of eliminating your period.... (they are just two forms of birthcontrol)... might be beneficial, i know for me depo has saved me... it wasn't so much the intense bleeding.. it was the raging migraines where i would go blind, the cramping that had me doubled over in pain, and the intense fatigue that was the worse of it...

I looked into other birth control, and it seems I'm pretty prone to the side effects in each one, because my body hates me. I've seriously tried about six different types, and they all result in either severe cramping, WORSE anemia, intense nausia, intestinal problems, mood swings so messed up that I can't leave the house, etc. Also, I have a phobia of needles to the extreme, and I avoid them at all cost....I don't like having seizures and throwing up on people! lol.

As of now, all I can handle is a low hormone birth control pill. It works for the cramps at least, which was my most severe side effect. And it only makes me a little bit paranoid right before. Not sure why it does THAT, but it does. *sigh* All I want to deal with now is the bleeding and anemia.

A female friend said that she wishes she had thought of wearing diapers during menopause as her periods were heavy and unpredictable. She said she leaked several times. (We just met last year, it was too late for her, she is almost 60).

Before my SCI I used tampons because I felt pads were to bulky. However, after my SCI I'm stuck in a diaper so I use it for my period as well. The ironic thing is diapers are more bulky. Now the following is TMI: I actually like it when I'm on my period and the blood mixes with the pee. However, I don't care for it when all three are mixed together.

I have a heavy flow and wish I could get diapers for it but right now I am having to make diapers out of pads which is really kinda annoying as they dont work well.

Do you have anyone who could buy you some? If your living with your family you could always say you need them because you have a heavy flow and pads don't work.

last time i said that i just had to wear over night pads in the day its anoying i cant hide diapers cause i have no privacy

No purse or bookbag? Are you ashamed of them? Anyone who comes into my room can see diapers and everything. Then again being in a wheelchair people generally think you're incontinent. Diapers are an aid to manage something. I'm not ashamed of them.

I wouldn't mind it's just the fact that they will want to talk to me about it and I don't want to talk about it to people who wont understand. I know for a fact my father thinks of AB DL's as freaks as he said it helpself when he saw a show about it. I need to wai till I have the money to move out before I can get diapers.