LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Difference Between Dl And Ab

It's all semantics... Remember that shrinks are in the business of perpetuating the myth of "sanity". All people are insane, to some degree. Including the shrinks.

And it is certainly true that individuals can have many different facets. Most of the time, I'm a DL. Sometimes, I'm an AB. Sometimes, I'm a furry. Sometimes I'm a therianthrope. Sometimes I'm just a human. Sometimes I'm uncharacteristically silly. Sometimes I'm too serious. Sometimes I empathize greatly with a person or character. Sometimes, I'm more along the lines of a psychopath... Sometimes these combine. Other times, they're mutually exclusive. It may be little wonder than I'm one of those weird folks who can identify with the creature from John Carpenter's "The Thing"... Or maybe I'm just weird... Or more insane than the average person... Or maybe even not as insane as the average person...

"Insanity" and "sanity"is not psychological terms, they are legal ons and refer to the condition of being unable to make sound ("sana") decisions

If I take you at your word about all persons being insane. You know with whom I wlll have to start

And if it is "all semantics" and we take you at your word why post when nobody will believe you or care? Because it will make no difference

Has the DSM-V come out? The Psyc community is way behind the curve on this lifestyle. In the DSM-IV there is only a brief mention of AB/DL and it is listed under Masochism. No mention of age-play or DL outside of masochism.

Anondl

lol, everyone thinks were masochists. Well I am a masochist, but I doubt that a majority of you are masochists. Diaper play and age-play can be centered around sadism/masochism and for me it is, but many people have an entirely different motivation for their behavior (e.g. regression and stress-relief). They still do not have a clue.

Everyone is different. You have people who are straight and people who are gay. Then you have people who are AB and people who are DL. You then have people who are BI. That might compair to people who are both AB and DL. They have interests in both. There may be a guy who is BI but mostly into women but may like to do things with a guy now and then, maybe not going all they way though. That could be like a DL who once in a while has some tendencies to like some part of baby stuff, like maybe a onesie or pacifier but is not into roll playing, baby food, mommy or daddy stuff and things like that.

I'm sure that probably most AB's also like diapers a lot, but I'm sure there are some who don't care that much one way or another about diapers. Diapers are just another "prop" so to speak along with bottles, cribs, baby clothes, high chairs, pacifiers and the like that makes the total AB experience special to him. With other AB's, it may be that the diapers and being changed by someone or wetting "uncontrollably" is the main thing that makes the AB experience and all the other things are just extra support.

Personally, after 40 years of being a DL, I think that AB's are probably more apt to be both AB/DL's than DL's are. I am a DL and while I sometimes think it would be cool to have a snap crotch or snap front onesie to wear over my diapers, that is as far into the AB sceen I would ever want to go. Even then, I would wear a onesie mostly as a good way to keep a shirt tucked in so my diaper wouldn't show when I bent down. I like wearing and using diapers and how they feel on me wet or dry and I love it when I wet them. I like wearing them under my jeans when I go out sometimes and knowing that I have them on and people around me have no idea I'm wearing or wetting diapers.

I might someday be interested in having someone change my diaper, but it would have to be a situation where I was in the hospital and in need of diapers for some reason and unable to change them myself. Then it would have to be a nurse (female) doing it as part of her job. Even then I'm sure I would feel uncomfortable with having someone change me and I hope to God I'm never in that type of situation. The only other way would be if a girlfriend and I wore diapers as a sexual turn on prior to having sex and we took each other's diaper off to have sex. I've just never had any interests in the AB life or playing or acting like a baby. No desire to be a daddy, either to anyone.

Therefore, at least from my standpoint, I think it would be a lot more common for an AB to also be a DL but not as much a DL to be an AB. After all, those who are both list themselves as AB/DL and not DL/AB! Anyway, AB and DL are just general lables. There is so much more individually with each of them than just AB or DL. It's all about what turns you on and what dosn't.

I'll be blunt and say what a lot of other people here won't say to be polite. AB's are ruining it for the rest of us sort-of-normal people here. The rest of the society only know that people who wear are AB's. The media only report on the extreme but its not all their fault. AB's are happy to get infront of the camera and show themselves playing with toys, sucking on pacifiers and acting like babies. Should society think any different about all of us? Because of this DL's have an even harder time finding anyone who will accept them. I know that a couple of boyfriends freaked out when I told them as they thought I must be the type of person who pisses, poos, lives for playing with Fisher Price and being treated like a baby.

Yes there is a difference between ABs and DLs and I truely hope that someday society will understand this.

• Like 4

I'll be blunt and say what a lot of other people here won't say to be polite. AB's are ruining it for the rest of us sort-of-normal people here. The rest of the society only know that people who wear are AB's. The media only report on the extreme but its not all their fault. AB's are happy to get infront of the camera and show themselves playing with toys, sucking on pacifiers and acting like babies. Should society think any different about all of us? Because of this DL's have an even harder time finding anyone who will accept them. I know that a couple of boyfriends freaked out when I told them as they thought I must be the type of person who pisses, poos, lives for playing with Fisher Price and being treated like a baby.

Yes there is a difference between ABs and DLs and I truely hope that someday society will understand this.

hmmm well then why not get in front of a camera on national television and tell the world what a DL is? don't complain about something unless you yourself are willing to do something to change the situation if able...

but who really cares if society accepts that you like to wear diapers? or that someone else likes to wear diapers and be treated like a baby? why should we expect 'society' to accept every single thing a person is interested in?

And since when is a person who enjoys the feel of a diaper on their skin normal? I'm sorry but in that statement you just implied abs were in some way abnormal or inferior to jsut straight DL's.... And because maybe 4 or 5 people in the past 20 years have gotten on camera to discuss their ab tendencies how does that translate to a blanket statement that all abs are willing to go on camera?

again, only way society is going to 'understand' a difference between DL and AB is if some DL's go on and talk about it... but how many simply DLs have tried out/auditioned to go on those shows?

Well, one thing I notice from the posts here. DL's seem more obsessed, I mean I could go camping [Camping and Diapers], or to concerts or other activities [best Diaper For Outdoors], the OP's of which were not incon nor were any of these in an incon thread, and leave Christine Daryleanne at home with the dolls. Not to mension the threads about showing off your diaper and exposure

One thing, however, when I go to Savers, I invariably look at the Toddler size dresses and other such to see If I can find anything for Andra Lynne and Lisa Michelle (the aforementioned dolls). If I am questioned I tell the asker that they are for some dolls I inherited and most think it is kind of nice. One of my female friends told me "you are becoming a parent". I told that lady manager of an apartment where I used to live that when the Goodwill store in the area was closing, the dolls were left over and seemed unwanted so I took them and she thought that was nice

i had a friend who made quite a bit of money goin to yard sales and buying "vintage" or much older baby girls dresses and then selling them on ebay as doll clothes .... i know i will sometimes buy baby clothes for my teddy bears

Psychatric community are always making stuff up, it's what they do instead of science.

That is unfair. Psychology is always looking for constructs to place people in. Sometimes it is misguided when psychologists simply pathologize people and overly generalize but often it is because to get help to people who really could use it, certain people (insurance companies) often require some sort of label that they can attach to a person so they can be deemed "sick" or "cured" :/

hmmm well then why not get in front of a camera on national television and tell the world what a DL is? don't complain about something unless you yourself are willing to do something to change the situation if able...

but who really cares if society accepts that you like to wear diapers? or that someone else likes to wear diapers and be treated like a baby? why should we expect 'society' to accept every single thing a person is interested in?

And since when is a person who enjoys the feel of a diaper on their skin normal? I'm sorry but in that statement you just implied abs were in some way abnormal or inferior to jsut straight DL's.... And because maybe 4 or 5 people in the past 20 years have gotten on camera to discuss their ab tendencies how does that translate to a blanket statement that all abs are willing to go on camera?

again, only way society is going to 'understand' a difference between DL and AB is if some DL's go on and talk about it... but how many simply DLs have tried out/auditioned to go on those shows?

Seriously that is your reply? I did contact the addiction show that is showing an AB at the end of July and never got a response. Why? Think about it, in the media today want extremes because the extreme will get better ratings. The media will always hunt out the AB instead of the DL because it is truely bizare behaviour compared to someone who just wants to wear a diaper under their clothes. Unfortunately we all get seen as the same, if you wear diapers you want to be a baby. Even people eho wear for incontinence with no AB/DL intrest are in fear of being lumped in with the rest.

Face it, you are not representing the majority of diaper wearers very well.

• Like 2

ok if the media is seeking out certain types of people then it is unfair to say abs represent the abdl community poorly rather it is the media who intentionally seeks out poor representatives and then seeks to present the most extreme of this desire/fetish/lifestyle what have you .....

the same can be said of say addiction recovery centers who only show the small percentage of success stories and say see how great we are .... in this case the media seeks out the people who they can portray as the most extreme and say see how messed up those people are ..... so really there are probably loads of people who audition for the show who would be wonderful representatives but are not chosen simply because of this .... again this is the medias fault not the abs fault

• Like 2

I will be even blunter

OMG you are sooooooo much HOLIER than we are. You are SORT OF NORMAL! AREN'T YOU JUST SOOOO SPECIAL!!??!! Who died and made you the representative of anything?

Nice to hear from the Van Snoots!!

My Name is Chris

And I'll tell you this

you're so sanctimonious

You know what to kiss

Do you think it might be the fault of your perspective boyfriends for freaking in this day and age or is it that your brain is somewhere south of your bellybutton so you turn on your own family?

• Like 1

It took me a while to get there, but I came to the realization that while those who consider themselves strictly DL generally do not involve themselves in or indulge themselves with AB things, ABs can, indeed, be DLs as well as ABs.

There are so many variants in the AB/DL "world" that it's tough to categorize a person as a strict DL or AB. I mean, I've come to enjoy a Nuk 5 adult pacifier from time to time and having had the experience, if it were every offered to me again, I would breastfeed from a full breast needing to be relieved from the pressure deep within - in a heartbeat. Otherwise, it's wearing and using diapers for their intended purpose, discreetly, in my normal adult world on a daily basis. As far as I'm concerned, every one of us in the AB/DL community are unique personality types and for an overview, we all are "special".

I could care less that and how hairs are split in the "diapers by choice" world. I could care less about splitting hairs. I'm comfortable with who I am and how I am. As far as I'm concerned, I see and acknowledge there is a tremendous amount of varience in our "community". And, there's nothing wrong with that...

• Like 2

I will be even blunter

OMG you are sooooooo much HOLIER than we are. You are SORT OF NORMAL! AREN'T YOU JUST SOOOO SPECIAL!!??!! Who died and made you the representative of anything?

Nice to hear from the Van Snoots!!

My Name is Chris

And I'll tell you this

you're so sanctimonious

You know what to kiss

Do you think it might be the fault of your perspective boyfriends for freaking in this day and age or is it that your brain is somewhere south of your bellybutton so you turn on your own family?

Wow you have some anger issues to work out.

Wow you have some anger issues to work out.

No, you have some brain issues to work out

Nobody told me that someone died and left you the Chair in Psychology

When a person trashes a whole section of a community because she could not get her rocks off with the person of choice, blaning persons she does not even know. You bet I am going to call her out, and big time

Come to think if it. that was the second go-round I had with someone bashing AB's and I do not take kindly to being bashed

It's like the thing that goes around in the Middle East "The Egyptians think that they are the flower of the Arab World" is the saying. Well it seems that some of the DL's think the AB's are garbage because these DL think they are "sort of normal" with all that implies. That this is being done in a community that is part of the "alternative lifestyle" and has to deal with bigotry and sensationalistic misrepresentation, especially after the battles of the 1960's and on the part of those old enough to know better, is not just inexcusable, but should be intolerable and called out big time by everyone here.

Then an icon, who has no mastiff in this melee joins the aggressors: That just adds coal to the conflagration

I'm a total DL, but as I got older, and started wearing diapers on a nightly bases, I started envisioning myself in a nice warm pair of footie pajamas, and occasionally I'll wear a onesie to keep my diaper from sagging. Not sure if that qualifies me as an AB, as I have no desire to baby talk, suck a pacifier, drink from a bottle, be babied, etc. I just enjoy the feeling of a nice warm wet diaper and warm footie pj's in winter.

It's like the thing that goes around in the Middle East "The Egyptians think that they are the flower of the Arab World" is the saying. Well it seems that some of the DL's think the AB's are garbage because these DL think they are "sort of normal" with all that implies. That this is being done in a community that is part of the "alternative lifestyle" and has to deal with bigotry and sensationalistic misrepresentation, especially after the battles of the 1960's and on the part of those old enough to know better, is not just inexcusable, but should be intolerable and called out big time by everyone here.

Then an icon, who has no mastiff in this melee joins the aggressors: That just adds coal to the conflagration

I love how you need to put words into my mouth to prove a point, which usually means your arguement is pretty weak. Where did I say AB's are garbage? I just said that AB's are the only ones in front of the media and because of that the general public have a single concept of the people who wear diapers.

"When a person trashes a whole section of a community because she could not get her rocks off with the person of choice, blaning persons she does not even know. You bet I am going to call her out, and big time"

That comment is just rude and undeserving of this forum. That guy didn't even make any personal comments, just made an observation about the psycological community. You are the one with a problem if you need to hurrle insults and unkind statements like these.

I'll be blunt and say what a lot of other people here won't say to be polite. AB's are ruining it for the rest of us sort-of-normal people here. The rest of the society only know that people who wear are AB's. The media only report on the extreme but its not all their fault.

Now, show me what words I put in your mouth. This looks like a quote to me. By not putting the blame squarely, 100% and in toto on the deliberate media distortions you are letting them off the (meat)hook on which they deserve to be hung. This by implication puts the responsibility on the AB's and in essence blames them. Then you throw in the "sort-of-normal" like that should automatically be a badge of the "I'm not one of Those Creeps" superiority:. That reeks of Van Snoot bigotry and sounds pretty pejorative to me

Show me where I am wrong.