LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does Anyone Wear Anything Over Thier Diaper/Brief?

I have need of protection do to bowl issues, and I have found that if I wear underwear over my diaper (some hate the term but honestly thats what it is), they bunch up specially up at the top. So I have been thinking do I really need to wear anything over them? other then try to hid I am wearing? Besides its hot out and getting hotter so less I have to wear the better in this case. Reason this came up, is I am supposed to go in for a MRI on my head (bad headaches) and I am nervous what the person doing the test may think as I know I am going to have to strip down to my "underwear" and the stupid gown. Do I just bite the bullet and tell the person hey I have issues and wearing protection? After all if I have an accident laying there they will find out, or do I just try to hide it? Honestly I am tired of hiding make excuses, I have had all the test ran etc. So my problem seems to be a part of me. I am just now approaching 30 so I am young and I fear the possible reaction people may have.

So what do the rest of you who have to go in for test do?

i would wear what makes you cofortable if you need diapers for medical or personal reasons wear them it is not something to be ashamed of. the mri operator would rather you wear a diaper then for you to have an accedent and and not have one on and them have to fix and clean the mri machine. since it is a medical test they will not judge since it is a medical devise.

good luck whit the mri hope every thing come out ok

Don't be self concieous, doctors and nurses and hospitl staff are very familiar with people wearing diapers. To them it is a matter of daily routine. You won't shock them, believe me. Don't worry about hiding them either unless that makes you feel more secure. Someone may ask about your diapers but probably not due to all of those privacy laws that are out now. If someone does ask, just tell them that you have been through all of the tests and they are working on it or just tell them you have been wearing the all of your life, whatever it's no big deal, relax.

Are you thin enough to wear boys sizes, if so you can wear Good Nights or under jams and some companys now like depend are selling underwear like diapers for men and women.

A friend at another forum who is a older gent said the depend undie type diapers work well for him, and he is a cloth and plastic pants guy normally.

Give some of these new type diapers a try.

I did have an MRI recently and I was in there quite a while, don't worry about messing they have sheets on those things that they change for every patient

In recent years I've had two MRI scans on my back and body mid-section.

When I booked in for the scan I told the nurse / secretary that I was wearing a dispsosable diaper for urinary incontinence.

She checked that there was no metal pins or metal pop studs in the plastic pants and said that will be fine.

The two people in the MRI room did not even mention it when I got stripped off and when they got me possitioned on the sliding table, I was given some ear plugs to put in and told that the scan would take around 20 minutes.

It's quite tight in the machine and very noisy but I managed to fall asleep and only woke up when the table slid back out when the scan finnished.

One of the nurses asked if I wanted time to change, I said that I would be fine till I got home.

I've also had Doctors appointments and X-Rays while wearing diapers and it's never been a problem for the staff.

Only once I was asked if I could remove a legbag I was wearing for an X-Ray on my chin and ankle.

So I have been thinking do I really need to wear anything over them? other then try to hid I am wearing? ... I am nervous what the person doing the test may think as I know I am going to have to strip down to my "underwear" and the stupid gown. Do I just bite the bullet and tell the person hey I have issues and wearing protection? .... Honestly I am tired of hiding make excuses,

First off, think of your diaper as underwear and then forget it. The diaper is not an issue, nor the fact you wear a diaper.

The person doing the test is a "tech" and have undoubtedly seen many diapers before (even no diapers, too).

Do not be embarrassed and do not volunteer information on your diaper wearing.

Bite the bullet and just wear the diaper and don't make any excuses or try to hide it. The diaper is not an issue, period.

I was surprised last month when getting an EMG and had to strip to underwear and gown. Did not expect it at all.

Although I pretty much kept the gown tucked up tight I am sure the tech and later. definitely, the doctor saw my plastic pants over my diaper.

Nothing was mentioned. And I was damned glad to learn that I did not have ALS.

Worrying about diapers is so petty.

happiness is wearing cotton diapers

No point in offering up information unless you absolutely feel it necessary. Don't see a reason why you would though. If they have questions about it, they'll ask YOU. Obviously don't wear anything "babyish" like prints or what not if you're worried about them seeing. Otherwise, just go about it like it's routine business. Would you care if you were the nurse or doctor why the guy in the room is wearing a diaper and enough to mention it or talk about it? Most wouldn't say a word unless something HAS to be said. Nothing more needs to be said about this.

Exactly. I have had 2 MRI's in the past 5 months and actually waiting for authorization for a third. The previous mri's i have had, you had to put on the ole gown, but this was done in a side room with a door and lock so no one saw you get changed or what you were or were not wearing. The past time, they let me just wear my sweats. Though, a snowsuit would probably have been nice.. It was pretty chilly in there and I was in the tube for just over an hour. Basically what it comes down to is, if you act like something is wrong, they will pick up on that and think something is. As far as wearing anything over a diaper, generally a onesie is the best thing you can find. If i don't wear one, my diaper starts sliding down after about 20 minutes and after that every 5 minutes i am trying to straighten it out.

I wear what could be described as "spandex boxer shorts" or "bike shorts" over my diapers. They compress a bit so one is less bulky, but more importantly, it keeps the diapers from sagging after use. They should be available in the foundation section of the woman's dept as a "Boy cut waist shaper/girdle."

I have been in the hospital twice recently. The first time for about six hours, the second for three days. Both times it was strip to underpants and put on gown. Both times I had an MRI. No problems and I don't think anyone saw my "underwear."

During the three day stay, I really wanted to use my diaper then ask for a change. I figured that might raise questions and/or other problems, so I used the john. Still, it was fun to be diapered in the hospital, even though no one else knew. :lol:

I see many physicians and thier support staff on a regular basis and never worry about the fact that I have a diaper on or at least a pullup. They know my medical status and never has there been any question or remark about diapers or pants that I have on. I think they would say something if I were to show up with wet clothes on. The point is, if you wear a diaper for protection, well then just wear it as no one is going to care. No need for a cover up, unless of course you are at the beach or someting like that.

i went in for an appendectomy(and a few x-rays) a few months ago and even on the surgery table thay just ignored it and did what thay needed to do no questiond a all

• 3 weeks later...

I wear a slightly larger size of regular underwear over disposable diapers. Mostly to hide the waistband and as a way to notice any leg cuff leaks. The underwear will absorb small leaks and I'll feel it when it does. It also cuts down on size.

When I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants, I always wear regular underwear over them. It helps contain the plastic pants and since plastic pants are smoother, the underwear helps to keep my pants, especially slacks, from sliding down. When I sleep I wear the underwear over the plastic pants so my wife doesn't feel the plastic when she sleeps close to me. In general, the underwear also protects the plastic pants from zipper and other snags. It doesn't cause any heat problems and feels much better on my inner thighs than rubbing against the plastic pants - especially when I sweat.

And finally, I don't like the thought of walking around in just a diaper. It creeps me out and I have to have something on over it. I've had an MRI and wore a diaper covered by underwear under the gown. I never mentioned it to anyone. But it was obviouse from its size and I know it was already noted in my records.

Another post to add to the many splendid responses saying 'try not to worry' about wearing protection whilst undergoing hospital appointments. I've just had a baby and there has not been a problem me wearing whilst in hospital. My needs were professionally and sensitively handled.

• 1 month later...

When I'm in the house, I'm just in diapers. If I have to go outside, I'll put on some sweat pants. But since I wear cloth diapers & plastic pants most of the time, you can see & hear what I'm wearing. But I don't care, because I'm a bABy & bABies wear diapers!

Onesie's are great to keep everything in place. Take care yours does not have metal snaps as this could become an issue, even if its just the operator having to double check them. Np onesie? wear a pair of briefs over them to hold down the noise. They are used to things like this, mine are never mentioned. If anything they will appreciate the protection just as much as you do.

• 2 weeks later...

I have need of protection do to bowl issues, and I have found that if I wear underwear over my diaper (some hate the term but honestly thats what it is), they bunch up specially up at the top. So I have been thinking do I really need to wear anything over them? other then try to hid I am wearing? Besides its hot out and getting hotter so less I have to wear the better in this case. Reason this came up, is I am supposed to go in for a MRI on my head (bad headaches) and I am nervous what the person doing the test may think as I know I am going to have to strip down to my "underwear" and the stupid gown. Do I just bite the bullet and tell the person hey I have issues and wearing protection? After all if I have an accident laying there they will find out, or do I just try to hide it? Honestly I am tired of hiding make excuses, I have had all the test ran etc. So my problem seems to be a part of me. I am just now approaching 30 so I am young and I fear the possible reaction people may have.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it too much. I know that's not so easy, but you will most likely be in a room on your own to get changed and unless you need a lot of help moving around then I doubt anyone would even notice. If they did notice I'm sure they are professional enough to not even think twice about it. After all plenty of people who need MRIs probably have issues with their bladder or bowels. I Bet the people you are worrying about have seen way more than you realize!

As far as wearing underwear goes, personally I don't really see a point. I guess if you wear plastic it might cut back the crinkle, but I think it just sounds a lot louder to you because you know it's there. People just wouldn't associate a crinkling sound with a diaper without knowing it was there. I think you are worrying about things that are not really worries at all. Then again I'm always sitting down so it might be different if you are walking...