LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

We'Re Ok

Daddy and I live in Joplin, MO and there were bad storms here with tornadoes yesterday. We're ok, and our house is ok. There's really bad damage in town- buildings LEVELED and many damaged beyond repair. We drove through it last night after the storms and I took pics. I'll post them when the internet comes back on. I'm on my phone now, and service is still spotty.

• Like 1

Glad to hear that you are OK! I saw the devastion on the NBC Nightly News tonight- Those had to be intense as they went through town. I've seen what a tornado can do and I'm just glad you are OK!

BabyChris121675

Good to hear you are both OK :)

Having lived through several big earthquakes I know that something like this isn't fun at all.

Hang in there and try to help the less fortunate, as you are all in this together...

{{{{{{{hugs!!!}}}}}

Daddy and I live in Joplin, MO and there were bad storms here with tornadoes yesterday. We're ok, and our house is ok. There's really bad damage in town- buildings LEVELED and many damaged beyond repair. We drove through it last night after the storms and I took pics. I'll post them when the internet comes back on. I'm on my phone now, and service is still spotty.

Whew! I'm glad you and your Daddy are OK! I didn't know who on DD lived there if anybody. I had heard from people at work about Joplin, MO and the tornadoes, and I saw something about it on the news before our own severe storm stuff started happening and they only talked about that. (No tornadoes here but some strong winds and downed tree limbs.)

We donated 4 boxes of food, a trashbag full of clothes, and a smaller bag of hygiene supplies. Please help out in any way you can. Donate blood, give money, clothes, food, whatever you can. Call or go to your local Red Cross and tell them you want your donation to be sent to Joplin, MO.

It was so sad seeing people wandering aimlessly in the street, we even saw a dog running around. I'm still waiting on our internet to come back on so I can get my pics up.

It's bad here. We've been declared a disaster area.

Walmart and Home Depot are totally gone. We had just been to Walmart a few hours before the storm, and Home Depot Saturday. It's surreal knowing that somewhere you were just at isn't there anymore. All the buildings (strip malls, restraunts, gas stations) in the area look like they won't be salvagable.

Cell service isn't fully restored yet, either. I can only get calls through like one out of every handful of tries. My phone internet is only half reliable, but texts go through ok.

The whole city is under a boil order until further notice, as well.

I have never seen anything this bad, and hope I never do again.

Again, please help however you can. Even if all you can do is pray.

• Like 2

Here's the best article I found of the few I just read:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110523/ap_on_re_us/us_midwest_storms

I was under the impression there were 2, possibly 3 tornadoes that touched down, but all the news outlets are saying it was one massive one. I must have heard about funnel clouds that never touched down. Daddy has a ham radio, so we got reports straight from the spotters.

It is surreal what devastation can bring. I have seen it before, but I was really young when I saw it. Again, I am just glad you two are OK. My thoughts are with those who have been affected by these storms. Tara, I just am glad you and your daddy are OK and doing your part to help out your community.

I have one question, did you hear the tornado yourself or not?

BabyChris121675

BabyTara, so glad that you and your daddy as well as your house are okay. I hate storms like that and it has been so sad to see how many of these destructive storms there have been this year. It is wonderful that you are helping your community. All the area's that have been devasted due to these storms are in my thoughts and prayers. Again I am happy to hear that you are okay.

Glad you are ok Tara, 1/3rd of the town leveled, one of two hospitals gone. Not good. And to make matters worse it looks like round two is coming today, so stay safe!!

For others, on here, believe it or not if you can swing it, a pack of diapers is a great gift for this community and area. So often I hear of the normal donations but adult diapers aren't thought of. Trust me they are needed! So think about it and give what you can.

It is surreal what devastation can bring. I have seen it before, but I was really young when I saw it. Again, I am just glad you two are OK. My thoughts are with those who have been affected by these storms. Tara, I just am glad you and your daddy are OK and doing your part to help out your community.

I have one question, did you hear the tornado yourself or not?

BabyChris121675

I again am glad that you are OK and the twister missed you:) I am in California, and we have our natural disasters to contend with as well. We have what now seems to be a regular "fire season", with the dry Santa Ana winds(though it didn't used to be that way) :huh:

Earthquakes happen now and then, mostly small and not really noticeable, and no, they aren't seasonal :P

As for the question of "sound" and hearing something like this, a number of years ago, while staying at my brothers place, we had what was called a "micro burst" which I guess can be construed as a "mini tornado" go right by his house...or somewhere near. I think it happened about 3 am, because it woke me up. It had been rainy and windy etc, but this thing....what ever it was, was L*O*U*D and literally sounded like a train running at 80 MHP over the house. We didn't know what it was or what happed until the next morning. I went out to find the street littered with leaves and tree limbs etc, and one of the branches of a tree in my brothers yard had been ripped off and whacked the rear fender of my car, oddly enough in the same spot that had been repaired about a year before! :huh:

And this is in California! I remember that sound, and don't think I will forget it.

Just for the record as well, you can "hear' earthquakes coming as well. Thats an odd sound, kind of a low rumble...you feel the first waves pass, ('P' waves) then you get the more active and destructive 'S' waves. We have had several small shakers here recently, and I heard most of them coming. The one that happened down in Mexico along the boarder earlier this year, was around a 5, and I heard that one, as it woke me up...(Again! ) :badmood:

Anyways, yeah, you hear these things before they happen and each has their own different sound or noise. Animals are sensitive to both, which is why it suddenly gets real quiet before an earthquake, and animals basically try to run and hide from tornadoes etc.

The earth does some pretty fantastic things, and has amazing sounds and sights. Being just lowly humans, all we can do is basically watch in amazement and try to stay out of the way while mother nature does her wonders, and be reminded that there are many many things that are much bigger than us, and we occupy a very small place in the world....no matter how big our egos get :P

Duck, I got my 2 cats packed up, just in case, when the bad wind started, because I knew I wouldn't be able to round them up in a panic.

The tornado was still a distance away when we heard it, and the rain was pounding on everything, drowning it out.

Just heard this (these) were multiple vortex twisters- the worst kind and EF-5 the highest rating :( Winds exceeded 200 MPH in places and that will level anything short of a purpose-built tornado shelter :o Glad y'all got through OK Baby Tara- hope your friends and family did as well ;)

People who lost everything will need everything- for a few days the shelters will house them but after that the main need will be clothing and daily life items including non-perishable food but also things like toothbrushes, deodorant, soap and towels, shampoo. Baby and adult diapers are always in short supply about a week after a disaster like this. Think of the things you use tomorrow through the day- that's what they will need themselves :huh:

Please help out if you can. The Red Cross can handle your donations or tell you where to take them for fast delivery into Joplin.

Bettypooh

Bettypooh, see my post here from 9:08 last night. :)

Now is a good time to clear out those hotel toiletries and sample sized things you put away intending to use, but never do... And those "skinny clothes" you know you won't get back into any time soon. :P Remember, don't donate anything you'd be embarrased to give a friend. That means no half-used hairy soap bars, and ratty old clothes.

More funnels...

Possible touchdown...

Straight line winds in excess of 75 mph. Blew a storm spotter off the road.

Please pray for us. Joplin needs your thoughts and prayers again tonight.

Tara, I hope that you made it safely through the night and that Joplin did not suffer any more devaation. Stay safe and my thoughts and pryers are still with you.

I didnt see this post until now. When I heard about Joplin I immediately thought of you. Glad to hear you are alright.