LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Close To Incontinence With A Catheter

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely do be careful. Though I would love to use something like this I simply refuse to trust the surgru again. Frankenmane4me beat me to it but I will repeat. I tried the sugru and let it cure as the instructions said. My modified catheter worked for a day or two but then it came loose (ouch). I personally will not be trying that again.

Careful heating and expanding the tube should deal with the required larger diameter. This could be achieved by either pressurising the tube or pushing it together around the heated area.

Depending on the tube's material, careful heating also takes care of any rough edges.

I can't see any reason why a good prototype quite like the recently-posted designs couldn't be made with platinum silicone. High quality platinum silicone should be undeniably safe and virtually indestructible. I'm tempted to do it myself, but I don't currently have the proper space to work in. Silicone in the carpet or somesuch would really suck.

I love Bettypooh's idea. Shape it to have just the right bulb.

The material should be a thermoplastic. One such material is PVC. Bars manufactures utinary catheters made from PVC. Maybe one of these could be adopted and heat shaped as needed?

Be careful heating PVC's as that releases the chloride from the composition. I know it is an inhaling/ingesting danger but not sure about any topical dangers, nor have I a clue as to what levels the chlorides would become toxic. As I understand it, the mixtures vary for different PCV's so each begins to degrade at a different temp.

• Like 1

The problem with chloride is going to be the vapors...not all of which give good warning of their toxicity. For example, the classic deadly mixture of chlorine and ammonia produces chloramines, which do all kinds of lung damage, but do it painlessly, so a person loses the ability to breathe without knowing it is happening until it is too late.

So, put pvc to lame do it under a stove hood if you have one, or outside. Maybe try other methods of heating instead, like boiling water or an oil bath, like in a cheap electric deep fryer, with a thermometer to check the temperature. You don't want hot oil around a regular stove, not whEn you are fooling with it...turn off the burner for that.

The problem with chloride is going to be the vapors...not all of which give good warning of their toxicity. For example, the classic deadly mixture of chlorine and ammonia produces chloramines, which do all kinds of lung damage, but do it painlessly, so a person loses the ability to breathe without knowing it is happening until it is too late.

So, put pvc to lame do it under a stove hood if you have one, or outside. Maybe try other methods of heating instead, like boiling water or an oil bath, like in a cheap electric deep fryer, with a thermometer to check the temperature. You don't want hot oil around a regular stove, not whEn you are fooling with it...turn off the burner for that.