LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Close To Incontinence With A Catheter

Austmo... So you've had it in constantly since Dec. 2010??? Has it caused any irritation? Can you feel it when you sit on something hard, like a wood chair? Has it clogged up at all? Can you work it out by hand, manipulating the area under your scrotum?

Sorry for the 20 questions, (Ok, only 5..) but I'm sure many of us here are quite interested in the details...

Hi all, if you've been following my posts under Botox then you'd know I'm once again needing to use catheters. My urologist wants me to use intermittent catheters 4 times a day but that causes too much irritation for me. Due to a lack of response from him I've recently bought some folley catheters. (unfortunately I don't have Austmo's custom catheter or I'd be trying that instead). It turns out the folley catheters I got are a bit short for me and the tip (with both the drain and balloon fill ports) has a sharp edge around it's base. Normally this would be outside a person pee pee but mine is too long (yes too long can be a bad thing some times) and it rubs which is even more irritating than the intermittent catheters.

Long story short I decided to try cutting the catheter short and plugging the small fill tube, then tying a retrieval line to it. The line I used was a thin dental floss which turned out to be too thin and was practically cutting apart the urethra just inside my tip. I had also used a 14 guage solid wire to plug the fill tube but apparently the wire was too large and broke through part of the tube. The copper wire didn't come completely loose (or stick through the outer wall) so no damage was done. Unfortunately this still allowed the balloon to deflate so I had to finish removing it early this evening. I'm going to try again tonight using fishing line and a small copper wire. I'll let everyone know how it goes later.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry it took me so long for an update. After a few days of healing from my first try I did try a slight variation to my catheter modifications. This time I used a small brad (finish nail) that I cut short. It was just a little smaller in diameter which worked good. I also tried using a larger diameter of fishing line (80lb) for the pull cord, but that was starting to cut into me too. I quickly change that over to a furniture sewing thread thinking it might be softer but that chafed my insides even more. As such I ended up taking it out and not trying it again.

Another update... the thread that will not die ;)

Good news / bad news situation here guys. Good news, think I found a safe / workable solution Bad news is, you need a hole in your cock for it to work...

Here is what has been working for me.

1. Use a foley catheter as per usual.

2. Pull the tube out as far as possible / push back penis as far as possible and clamp catheter tube.

3. Cut catheter at this point and sew in retrieval lines. I use two as I like the redundancy in cause one does not work.

4. Loop lines around my PA piercing captive bead ring. This prevents the catheter from sliding back into the catheter, and line line can stay tucked into the penis, attached to the ring.

5. Cap the foley balloon line. 1.7mm trimmer line is perfectly round and fits very nicely.

The end. I feel this is nearly as safe as possible. The only thing I'd like to incorporate is a line to the balloon plug. This would be idea so the balloon could be deflated by pulling the plug out (ala the spanner above).

So far this has worked very well for me. Lots of field testing with no issues.

Rather than getting a PA piercing for this, couldn't I just tie the retrieval lines onto a threaded bead? . . . one large enough to prevent being pulled into my urethra?

And one more question . . . is the 1.7mm trimmer line fishing line? Available at sports dept of Wal-Mart? Couldn't you just extend the trimmer line in the same fashion as the retrieval lines so that you'd create a removable balloon plug? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Rather than getting a PA piercing for this, couldn't I just tie the retrieval lines onto a threaded bead? . . . one large enough to prevent being pulled into my urethra?

And one more question . . . is the 1.7mm trimmer line fishing line? Available at sports dept of Wal-Mart? Couldn't you just extend the trimmer line in the same fashion as the retrieval lines so that you'd create a removable balloon plug? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

i was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to wear a foley for about 24 hours with my wife's knowledge :-) legitimate catheters freak her out a lot less than homebrewed stuff. so i probably will not be trying to build my own again for a little while, but anyway:

half the appeal of a tiny indwelling device is that it doesn't leave a huge medical doohickey hanging out of me. even the retrieval line and bead (i used a button) is just awkward. the pa piercing thing is cool. :-)

and hoooly cow, i have had enough trouble using teflon dental floss (which i recommend - just tie multiple knots) that i cannot even imagine plastic trimmer line! owowowow!

does anyone have any idea how to order a nissenkorn stent, without being an actual urologist?

I find it slightly surprising we don't have more people at least studying urology, if not licensed doctors.

isn't that like being surprised that an overwhelming number of straight men aren't gynecologists? :-P

isn't that like being surprised that an overwhelming number of straight men aren't gynecologists? :-P

Not really... I knew a gynecologist once and I mentioned how cool his job must be... He was quick to point out that very few "hot models" walked thru his door. It was more likely a middle age overweight lady with a yeast infection... Maybe he was in the wrong neighborhood!!!

Not really... I knew a gynecologist once and I mentioned how cool his job must be... He was quick to point out that very few "hot models" walked thru his door. It was more likely a middle age overweight lady with a yeast infection... Maybe he was in the wrong neighborhood!!!

same thing with urologists, probably. you don't get 22-year-old college students with suddenly unpredictable bladders, you get 74-year-old guys with prostate problems and halitosis. who want you to check them out, but really only want you to prescribe them little blue pills. ;-)

Well, we could probably do with some people who had training in a medical field or something related. I'm still trying to find out if the material I used for the modified malecot stent is reasonably safe. I've used this style several times now with no bad effects, but that is not conclusive; someone earlier in this thread had a reaction to a cut-off foley and that sounds rare.

So, does anyone know what this airline/ silicone tubing could potentially do to the body?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17471293 (abstract discussing urethral stents and mentioning some sources)

I was not able to find anything called a nissenkorn stent on the bard website....

But the Porges website and the Diabolo stent can be found...it looks like a cone with a tube on the tip, formed as a spiral of stainless steel wire.

And yes, I'd be kind of interested in one, especially if it came with a full set of instructions.

I have an engineering degree, and just enough medical background to be dangerous...

The problem with materials that aren't "medical grade," isn't just with the base material, it's with everything that comes with it. In other words, the silicone itself might be ok, but what did they use for plasticizers, release agents, packaging additives, etc...? Who knows? Even if you do get confirmation on the base material, it still doesn't mean it's safe to place the finished product internal to the human body...

My "problem" is that my background has made me over cautious. I guess that's the better result, but I've had enough infectious disease training, and manufacturing engineering background, to know that there are very few things I'm willing to put in my body...

• Like 1

OK. I see what you're saying. There's really no other way of being sure of the material than controlling the whole of the manufacturing and keeping potentially harmful substances out of it.

I'd probably relate it best to food allergies. If you have an allergy to peanuts or pepper or onions or something, it's entirely possible any given packaged food is safe, but you can't be SURE unless the manufacturer has labeled it as safe for a particular allergy (and even then...)

It is always better to exercise caution, but much 'medical grade' stuff is just a repackaged overpriced version of the same thing you can find at the local store :whistling: In this instance I would feel comfortable with a 'food grade' or 'food safe' rating provided there were no allergic reactions. Those would likely occur with 'medical grade' too, so I doubt that would make a difference here :rolleyes: If you are going to experiment, choose high quality components and avoid cheapness. You won't ever get what you don't pay for in some way or another ;)

Having known someone younger who died of a simple kidney stone that got infected has shined a whole new light on catheters for me. If death is "that easy" and quick??!! Walked into the hospital diagnosed, prepped for surgery, went septic, crashed, coma and few hours later, wheeled to the morgue... Just sayin'.

• Like 1