LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Effects Our Fetish Has On Climate Change

I am all for anything that furthers the possibility of the extinction of human kind from this planet. Really??? Diapers??? That's all you're concerned about? Everything in our lives revolves around petroleum, even the freaking clothing on our backs. So unless you are running around with leaves found on the tree in front a dirt mound built home petroleum is responsible for everything that is around us. Diapers are the least of our worries, lets get real. The whole green movement is a nice gesture but come on!!! The methane from bovine flatulence for the 99 cent burgers American's inhale by the dozen is more responsible for greenhouse gasses than diapers are.

ok first things first....

does the earth have natural fluctuations in its climate? YES

would the earth naturally warm up and cool down without humans on it? YES

are the actions of humans causing the earth to heat up at a faster rate than it would without our actions? most probably..

are we the ONLY cause of the earth heating up? NO..

are we definitely causing it to heat up much much faster than species can adapt? YES.

But its not just about global warming... deforestation causes erosion which can lead to tainted water.. land fills create methane gas... and do cows contribute to methane gas yes LESS THAN 3% however... would cows contribute this much if they lived in the wild as they used to? NO, it is becuase we as humans 'mass produce' certain animals....

So putting diapers into landfills creates more methane gas, it creates more chances of toxic chemicals to get into the air, and thus into the rain, and also into the ground and thus into the ground water... contaminating our freshwater drinking supplies.....

do i think those in the ABDL community are creating more than a 1% impact on any of this? not a chance in hell..... we are such a small small niche community... maybe if you also add in all the incontinent adults, and children over 5, plus all the kids under 5 who are just still in diapers it may may may... contribute as much as cows do to the methane problem.....

I recycle, i buy used, i turn lights off, heck i follow the "if its yellow let it mellow" policy in regards to the toilet because we grew up on well water, and in the summers the well would run low and we had to conserve out water. When i turn the shower on for it to heat up, i collect that water in a bucket and use it to water my plants.... we have super good, triple pained windows infused with argon or something to help keep heat in or out, depending on the weather.... we'd rather put on more clothes/blankest than turn our heat up.... my boyfriend and i carpool each and every single day to work. We buy local/organic if possible. etc...etc....etc..... am i going to stop wearing the 2-3 disposable diapers a month? HELL NO!!!!!

• Like 2

Whether you wish to believe in Climate Change or not, energy conservation IS smart business.

Example

If it costs your $500 to heat your house per year, and you are staying there for the next 20 years, your heating will be 500 x 20 = $10,000. If you can save yourself 30% heat loss reducing items that will cost you $1,000 to install, the figures will work out at

$500 per year to heat, less 30% ($150) = a total of $350 per year = (350x20) $7,000 to heat your house for 20 years plus the cost to make the savings $1,000 = $8,000 to heat your house. That is a financial saving of $2,000.

This concept of energy saving can be applied to everything - the type of bulbs that you use to light your house, the amount of water you use, the car you drive - and its engine size etc., the way you go to your local shop - is it cheaper AND quicker to walk across the street to the shop, or drive the 1/4 mile? Also, walking is GOOD exercise, and gives you the opportunity to enjoy your surroundings rather than let them fly as a blur at 55mph. Is it cheaper to, when at home, if you feel cold, to put on the heating OR put on a sweater?

Spending less money or more correctly, spending more wisely and wasting less will give you better value for your hard earned money. Why should the energy companies get more of your money due to your inability / laziness to make smart business changes in your life?

To those who think AB/DL diaper usage increase energy usage....

On a cold night, a person who wears a diaper to bed will not have the heating on all night - as they have no need to get out of bed at night, where a person who doesn't, will leave the heating on so that they don't get cold when going to the bathroom during the night, and will use water to flush the toilet.

One cloth diaper getting washed with other clothes will use less water than a toilet being flushed twice or three times. It is less expensive to diaper the family overnight than to waste the water to flush the numerous times (and wash hands) that a toilet is used overnight.

Also, undisturbed sleep is better for ones heath = no cold/flu = no spending days in bed with the heating on full while recuperating.

Once one compares ALL the information - pros and cons of diaper wearing, one will find that it has a lesser environmental impact to wear diapers compared with the habits of not wearing.

• Like 1

Whoa whoa whoa, apparently many of you are not very close readers. No where in my original post did I even suggest that we give up diapers I said that "our community should think about ways to improve our carbon footprint", also I am generally referring to all who use diapers of which that includes us. Anyway I have been looking through the all the abdl forums and there was not even a mention of the effects diapers have on the environment, so seeing how this has sparked quite a discussion It seem that my post served its purpose, whether or not you agree with it.

• Like 1

Whoa whoa whoa, apparently many of you are not very close readers. No where in my original post did I even suggest that we give up diapers I said that "our community should think about ways to improve our carbon footprint", also I am generally referring to all who use diapers of which that includes us. Anyway I have been looking through the all the abdl forums and there was not even a mention of the effects diapers have on the environment, so seeing how this has sparked quite a discussion It seem that my post served its purpose, whether or not you agree with it.

lol, you should have come up with a better title then.

I am sure that everyone here knows the environmental facts about diapers, if not here they are; 30% of landfill waste is diapers.

1) I call bullshit on that number. Show me at least one reliable source and I may reconsider.

2) Even if you can provide said source, do you seriously think the AB/DL community is responsible for more than a fraction of a percent of that amount, considering how many actual infants (the largest consumer by far, I've no doubt) and incontinent seniors there are out there?

• Like 1

I call bullshit again, since there is exactly such a discussion going on at ADISC.org, and has been for at least two weeks.

• Like 1

Whoa whoa whoa, apparently many of you are not very close readers. No where in my original post did I even suggest that we give up diapers I said that "our community should think about ways to improve our carbon footprint"

And I still say if you you were serious about trying to get the community to find ways to reduce our impact you should start with some ideas instead of just saying that what we're doing now is bad.

1) I call bullshit on that number. Show me at least one reliable source and I may reconsider.

2) Even if you can provide said source, do you seriously think the AB/DL community is responsible for more than a fraction of a percent of that amount, considering how many actual infants (the largest consumer by far, I've no doubt) and incontinent seniors there are out there?

On a random website I found (claims their statistics are from the EPA, but was clearly an alarmist's website) said the percentage of waste that ends up in the landfills that is diapers is about 2.3% by weight in the U.S. and 15% in Europe (they did not specify whether is was by weight or volume in that case but claimed the large percentage is due to more recycling in Europe overall). Of course these diapers are from all sources.

If one is really concerned about waste produced by disposable diapers, try investing in flushable diapers, but there is a draw back to that unfortunately.

You obviously didn't look hard enough as we have had this discussion a few times before. Your post sparked a discussion not because it was original or thoughtful; it's because it was your first post here, and honestly came off as arrogant and condescending.

As far as any effects on the global climate are concerned, the impact of diapers from AB/DLs is absolutely minimal. We are a small minority in society; the vast majority of diapers in landfills today are from babies.

You need to cite your sources for whatever "factual" information you post. Otherwise no one will take any of what you say seriously. Watch...

75% of Daily Diapers forum users think sissybabyemily is an annoying jerk!

See? I can make shit up too!

• Like 3

On a random website I found (claims their statistics are from the EPA, but was clearly an alarmist's website) said the percentage of waste that ends up in the landfills that is diapers is about 2.3% by weight in the U.S. and 15% in Europe

If an alarmist website cited 2.3% here and 15% in Europe, what does that make the OP, claiming 30% worldwide? :whistling:

75% of Daily Diapers forum users think sissybabyemily is an annoying jerk!

See? I can make shit up too!

A recent study demonstrated that 84.36% of all statistics are made up on the spot! :roflmao:

That's a Benjamin Disraeli quote.

Not really. Twain attributed it to him, but it's more likely a spin on the quote attributed to Sir Charles Wentworth Dilke: "False statements might be arranged according to their degree under three heads, fibs, lies, and statistics" in an 1891 British newspaper.

I have found that this "Climate Change" and "Global Warming" is just a way of scaring people into tuning in to the media. Doctors saving lives, and a cure for cancer unfortunately does not attract ratings, but war, death, and impending Earthly doom does.

It's a scientific fact that this "Climate Change" is nothing more than a phase that the Earth is naturally going through... Even though it's been 1000s of years after the last ice age, by the Earth's pov, we're just fresh out of the ice age, and we will continue to see climate change for tens of hundreds of years. Within the lifetime of Earth, it's gone through ice age after ice age. It's just a cycle.

As for petroleum usage goes, that again is debatable. with the record amount found in the Gulf, and the reserves we're not even allowed to touch due to eco-nutjobs in Alaska, there's more oil than we've ever had to deal with. Not to mention Texas is still producing, and oil in the middle east is still showing no signs of emptying out.

Oil would not be such a hot topic if it wasn't for Politicians with stocks in the oil companies, and the media being fueled by political propaganda.

I blame all the Going Green BS on politicians whose main focus is more about money, and less about "we the people" and scared people who cant just go about their lives without believing they can change the future because Fox News said so.

Personally, I don't care. The Earth will be healthy enough to live in for years after I die, and by that time, I wont care what happens to the people and Earth... I'll be to dead to care.

• Like 2

We are all carbon based lifeforms,,,,, and despite how well or not we chose to live, our death is inevitable, How do you suggest that we dispose of ourselves as to minimize our carbon footprint? During our life, we consume energy - carbon based energy - which also increase our carbon footprint.

Show me proof that any change can benefit the earth. Please, in your response, account for the butterfly effect, and calculate accordingly.

If you can possibly answer this, then I will accept a possible reason to reduce my carbon footprint.

• Like 2

It's a scientific fact that this "Climate Change" is nothing more than a phase that the Earth is naturally going through... Even though it's been 1000s of years after the last ice age, by the Earth's pov, we're just fresh out of the ice age, and we will continue to see climate change for tens of hundreds of years. Within the lifetime of Earth, it's gone through ice age after ice age. It's just a cycle.

"Sigh," No scientist has ever said that our current climate change is due only to natural causes. Please refrain from putting words in the mouths of scientists. Thank you.

• Like 1