LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do You Feel There Is Enough Variety In Diapers?

I mean with all the adult diaper manufacturers....do you feel there is enough? Are you overwhelmed by the choices or do you wish there was more variety to choose from? There are only a handful of actual AB diapers. Would you want more of those?

I personally feel I have not found my perfect diaper that I will spend all eternity with. I thought Bambino's would be it. Then I found dry 24/7's. Now its all changed again. I guess technically I have not tried no where near all the diapers out there. But I read a lot of what folks post about them all.

So what's your thoughts?

The problem isn't in the AB diapers but all of them. The AB ones do need a little more variety in style, but most of them are just dressed up versions of the medical brands anyway. The medical version however a losing their variations, most are starting to follow what they think is better, which let's face it most of the time isn't.

more variety in stores, everyone has gone almost exclusively to pull ons now, I miss the days of being able to go in any drug store and have a few different choices.

I made the switch to using only cloth diapers a year ago and feel it was the best choice I could have made. I am now 24/7 and the cost of disposables would not work in my current budget. The only time I now use disposables is when I travel.

The reality is that the medical community does not factor in "desire to wear" or "choose to wear" when looking at diapers for adults. Diapers, to the medical community, are a last-ditch measure to deal with incontinence. Even when a patient is "incurable", for lack of a better word (unfixable?), they will do everything in their power to try and keep a patient from having to resort to using diapers. In nursing homes, a diaper is a practical solution for short-staffing and not being able to get residents to the toilet before they pee themselves or their beds.

With Bambinos and Cushies and disposable diapers designed to appeal to the AB and DL community, there is more of a push toward a "baby style" adult diaper. For most "legitimate" manufacturers, the focus is on a product that will work, this is practical, but is undetectable by others when in use. That kind of defeats the thrill of being in a diaper for those that choose to do so and use them when in them. Ever try to flood virtually any US made adult disposable without boost pads or soakers? The slow absorption rate and narrow crotch width will virtually assure you that you are going to have a couple of "smiley faces" in the back of your outer clothing, right below your butt cheeks. Were adult diapers designed to be more realistically useful and functional, they would be thicker, cut larger for each size range and absorb more quickly. But, then, it would mean that anybody being seen to be in diapers - you know, obvious diaper bulk under outer clothing - would simply be ignored and the wearer would not be self-conscious to any degree. Not the way it is, however, for the latter, anyway.

With the number of manufacturers out there producing the variety of adult diapers, including cloth diapers, and the vast array of plastic pants, and even other items, like onesies, I think there is plenty of variety. The project is to be able to afford the process to find what you prefer and works best for you. From someone who's been a DL for over 40 years, it's been quite a journey... Others will find that, too.

• Like 2

I'm a piss poor consumer as once I find something that works I tend to stick with it without trying anything different.

That all changes when it comes to diapers. I am willing to try any new diaper that comes along cause you never know when you'll find the next great thing :D

We have a decent variety in diapers today....much better than years ago when it seemed to be just Attends and Depend.....

Its a great time to be an AB/DL :D

I'm a piss poor consumer as once I find something that works I tend to stick with it without trying anything different.

That all changes when it comes to diapers. I am willing to try any new diaper that comes along cause you never know when you'll find the next great thing :D

We have a decent variety in diapers today....much better than years ago when it seemed to be just Attends and Depend.....

Its a great time to be an AB/DL :D

Actually, you are a great consumer. ;) You vote for the products you like by buying them, so "sticking with what you prefer" is simply telling businesses that that one business is doing something right while they may not be. This is how Capitalism is suppose to work anyway. :P

There is a large variety of diapers available on the market today. However, being an incontinent, active adult I trend to shy away from the cheaper diapers because I am not always able to change when I need to. Now begs the question, do you all feel their is a large variety if quality or premium diapers available at a decent price?

The longest I have been able to go with out a change has been about four hours or so and that's wearing a FQ nu-fit with a dignity double booster and that's spending most of the day in a sitting position. I feel that their would have been even less time between changes if I were constantly moving as well as dependantupob the outside temp. I have been able to push dry 24/7 to over three to four times the for and a half hour mark. The sad thing is is that most companies do not produce products that are designed to accommodate the ambulatory person.

I would ready like to see more products that are designed for those active adults that may not always be able to change their diaper at the very moment they need to.

I'm siding with the folks who say we really need thicker, more absorbing disposables. I have tried so many diapers, in search of really absorbent ones, and homes in on three decent absorbent diapers that I can wear at night: Prevail PM, Tranquility ATN and Euro Briefs. One more aside, I really wish they made them in blue, but white is OK. As previously stated, a lot of the manufacturing has to be discreet so that adults who wear will not be shamed by wearing. We, who choose to wear, have more liberty than those folks

ATN's are still all white and toatally remind me of the old pampers ! .They still have the smooth plastic backing .Unfortuantally not the best diaper out there but i use them over my tenas for more thickness ! .Happiness is a thick diaper lol :thumbsup:

I can not really say that there is not enough variety because honestly, I have only been able to try cheap diapers you find in stores. I no longer wear depends and am now wearing assurance from walmart. I will probably try cvs brand diapers next Thursday when I go buy another pack. I can't really say about the other brands that are actually made with ab/dl's in mind. I will say that by just observing from a far, I wish that the abu cushies had 4 tapes instead of two and I wish they where thicker (although I have never tried them so I guess I really don't know) but I honestly really like the way they look but I am a little skeptical about how they fit, feel and if they will leak easy. I can't really complain about diaper variety or diaper quality until I have tried at least a good amount of them all, maybe all of them. For know (since I am broke) I am fine with wearing two assurance diapers at once. :P

P.s. On a side note, I am pretty sure that most companies have a section on there website where you can email the company with suggestions and if a lot of people agree with something and more people give ideas to these companies, they may make helpful changes or release something more to your liking. :)