LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Medical Card

My medical card now states that I am incontinent, and that I am allergic to disposable diapers, and that a catheter is not to be employed unless the medical staff has my permission, or that of my wife. Finally! I had to have an attorney write a letter of petition to have it added to the card. I'll be interested to see how this works at the airport in July!

So where you fighting to get that your incontinent on your medical card or that your allergic to disposable diapers? Just curious and I am glad that things worked out...finally as it seems. :) why where you having issues to begin with? Oh and while I am asking all these probing questions, :P why would you have issues at an airport? (assuming you mean with using cloth diapers) I am just a curious pup is all.

*sits and waits patiently with mah head tipped to the side* :huh:

Uh...don't really understand what you mean. ? :huh: did they not want to put on your medical card that you where incontinent? that you where allergic to disposables or was it the issue with catheters? I can understand why anyone would want nothing to do with catheters because I here they can lead to serious infections and there expensive to keep up on. Also I am seriously curious on why the airport would have an issue with your situation. what is there that they would not want you to have on the board? :huh: Anyways, I hope that did not cost you some serious cash. I went to the doctor for bronchitis last year and anxiety (two visits) and ended up owing $1,000! :o My insurance is so crappy that they did not pay for crap! <_<

Just flew to Texas about 3 weeks ago and had no trouble with security. They ran my bag through that was loaded with disposables and never even questioned it. As long as you don't pop on the metal detector, you don't have to worry about the frisking.

So where you fighting to get that your incontinent on your medical card or that your allergic to disposable diapers? Just curious and I am glad that things worked out...finally as it seems. :) why where you having issues to begin with? Oh and while I am asking all these probing questions, :P why would you have issues at an airport? (assuming you mean with using cloth diapers) I am just a curious pup is all.

*sits and waits patiently with mah head tipped to the side* :huh:

All this means cloth diapers & diaper pins; unless he uses velcrow.

Yup...it would be the diaper pins and any other metals that 'might' be an issue, like snaps in a onsie. using velcro fasteners for the cloth diapers might be a good choice to avoid any possible embarrassing questions. Even velcro on a onsie might be a good choice....plastic snbaps might work as well....anything non metallic :thumbsup:

Glad you got your "Don't hassle me" card :thumbsup: Too bad one is needed :(

At least the TSA won't take your diaper pins away, so now you can go poke the pilot in the butt with one until he agrees to give you a gazillion dollars and then fly you wherever you want to go :lol:

Bettypooh

I was fighting to get the allergy to disposables and problems with catheters on the card. I do wear diapers with velcro when traveling at the airport, but I'm sure if I'm patted down I'll have to show the card. Incontinence is not normally listed on a medical card either, though I've had that on the card for over a year now. Sorry it took me so long to reply. I'm swamped with work these days. Today I was so busy I wore the same diaper for six full hours. Well, it was full by the time I finally got home!

ummm 1. why would you have to show a medical card stating you have to wear a diaper? i am not incontinent and can fly wearing a diaper and they have no right to say i can't. afterall... as so many of you here say ITS JUST UNDERWEAR... hell technically i can flight with a giant dildo in me and a giant butt plug and they can't do anything... because its not illegal or against regulation....

but honestly, i don't understand why you have to have a card screaming you are incontinent,

and as for the whole catheter thing, unless you and your wife are deemed incompetant to make choices... then the dr's by law have to respect your decision.... so really.. it just seems like you are 'fighting' for no real reason....

and snaps on a onesie would not be an issue, they don't care about zippers, or buttons on pants, or the underwires on bra's...... and trust me you could totally hide a razor wire in an underwire bra.

Maybe you didn't understand my previous post :oThis has nothing to do with making anyone accept anything ;)

What it does do is make TSA operatives understand that turtlepins has a medical issue- ie a legal right to sue them- if they unduly hassle him because they saw diaper pins on a scanner :thumbsup: While such hassles don't often occur, the TSA has enough incompetent employees that we hear of stupid actions on a regular basis, such as young children being subjected to a strip search isolated from their accompanying parent :bash: (which is only the latest one I heard here). Or making a large-breasted woman leave her bra behind because they couldn't inspect what "might be inside the plastic undercup supports" (the first one that happened locally) :screwy: With such complete idiots involved, I for one would want all the help I could get to protect me from my government too :glare: It simply ensures fair treatment, just the same as someone with any disability B) Plus if he were to become incapacitated and unconscious, the medical care providers would know to not cath him or use disposables :)It's similar to a medical alert bracelet or necklace alerting the docs to diabetes or allergies to common meds. His condition isn't life-threatening should a mistake be made, and such ID's aren't made available to the incontinent for that reason.

I wish people would read posts more carefully to lessen the chance of misunderstandings :whistling: I got the message pretty easily myself and eye izntt a genius atall :roflmao:

Bettypooh

• Like 1

so what exactly is a medical card i mean is it literally just a piece of plastic with a note on it and a drs signature? because that just seems really easy to fake....

so i mean where do you get them from and is there some sort of tsa approved format?

ive got a movement disorder which makes me look EXTREMELY suspicious and i fly multiple times a year and not once had any issue with screeners or flight staff being suspicious or giving me problems going through security....

so i undrstand the point of the diaper pin issue and i did read the op wears velcro so this is NOT targeted at anyone but it seems if there were a lawsuit the tsa coukd argue there are alternatives to pinned diapers available .... ie velcro .... and therefore no lawsuit ....

thats just a thought there .... i would recommend for anyone flying with a disability to read the airline carrier access act and thoroughly familiarize yourself with it.... there are times ive had to quote it on the phone when airline companies want to charge me for bulkhead seating which is reserved for handicapped individuals ....

[quote name='sarah_ab' timestamp='1302916646' post='400335

....is there some sort of tsa approved format?....

Yep, there is a thread on here somewhere about it :) I'd say search for it but the search function here has never done me any good :o Someone with a better memory will probably reply so you can find it :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

So have you been hassled or are you just expecting to be?

I travel enough that I am platinum, and have never had an issue.....seems like strange lengths to go to...

Actually, a medical card comes in handy way beyond just the TSA. It's like those people who wear medical bracelets stating a certain medical condition or blood type etc. if something happens while they are alone or traveling and no one else knows of their medical history or requirements. The card simply states any medical needs or special requirements of the carrier, incase of emergency or accident etc. Though TP is incontinent, he also has an allergy so medical personnel would need to know of any and all allergies BEFORE any treatment etc. Travel and TSA "Inspections" are just one minor hurtle for some people. It's when you have an accident and cannot speak for yourself or have someone around who knows you and your situation that the medical card can literally "speak for you".

many people carry these, along with organ donation wishes and DNR (do not resuscitate) requests, in the case of terminal disease.

I guess TP had to 'fight' to get one because he doesn't have any real 'terminal' disease or other chronic disability, even though incontinence is considered a "disability"....It depends on who you talk to I guess.

Yep, there is a thread on here somewhere about it :) I'd say search for it but the search function here has never done me any good :o Someone with a better memory will probably reply so you can find it :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

The medical card you are talking about can be accessed at https://www.disability.gov/viewResource?id=13765195 by clicking on the link.

Still don't understand why anyone would need an attorney to force this??? The card is something you can fill in yourself and print.

I belive that the OP is talking about a different kind of Medical card.

My earlier reply was providing the information from the posts that Bettypooh was talking about.

thats what i'm wondering... what is this medical card the OP speaks of?

i checked out the TSA one and I can't imagine that is the one... so i'm wondering what this medical card is, and how one would actually get one.... i mean an allergy bracelet you can pick up at any pharmacy.... but it seems if the OP had to fight to get something on the card than it would be more 'official'.....

thats what i'm wondering... what is this medical card the OP speaks of?

i checked out the TSA one and I can't imagine that is the one... so i'm wondering what this medical card is, and how one would actually get one.... i mean an allergy bracelet you can pick up at any pharmacy.... but it seems if the OP had to fight to get something on the card than it would be more 'official'.....

First off, I don't know the details :rolleyes: so I may be far off course :angel_not: Sometimes it takes more than it should to get legal recognition for some things <_< I know a TG who spent two years getting her license correct. She even had paperwork from the head of that state's DMV (after a year of effort) but the local office still refused to budge :screwy: Another year of hassles and she finally got the proper gender marker- as well as a promise from the top that the DMV statewide would be directed to ensure any others who followed got more proper treatment- which they never did :bash: Sometimes you have to fight for your rights, even though they are supposed to be freely given :(

Bettypooh

First off, I don't know the details :rolleyes: so I may be far off course :angel_not: Sometimes it takes more than it should to get legal recognition for some things <_< I know a TG who spent two years getting her license correct. She even had paperwork from the head of that state's DMV (after a year of effort) but the local office still refused to budge :screwy: Another year of hassles and she finally got the proper gender marker- as well as a promise from the top that the DMV statewide would be directed to ensure any others who followed got more proper treatment- which they never did :bash: Sometimes you have to fight for your rights, even though they are supposed to be freely given :(

Bettypooh

My problem is that I have been incontinent for about a decade now, never once had a problem with ANYONE, don't even have to explain it to the hospital. Most people don't even ask (the only ones that have had to). I have also been almost everywhere .... so travel is something I have experienced. ;) But to fight for something that really isn't going to be an issue makes me wonder just how legitimate the claim is. Hate to say it, but most people who fight so hard for something usually are phony. The name/gender identity alteration of records can be one of the exceptions, there are many others, but something like incontinence is really hard to swallow. When I was living in shelters many of the women there were incontinent and didn't even have to explain it to the staff, police, no one, either. So it's hard to see a need for a card (that can still and will likely be ignored anyway) that states it other than to flaunt it or use as an excuse.

I just flew across the states. I didn't have any issues with TSA. They even did the full body scanners on one part of my trip. They never said a word. They were more concerned about my cane than my need for a diaper. I was even a bit wet when I did the full body scan. My carry-on even had a couple of spares in it. Everyone was courteous and helpful. I'm sure that was because I was polite and patient with them. If I had been an ass to them I'm sure it would be a different story.

• 2 weeks later...

still wondering what this 'official' medical card is... anyone have any more info? as we've ruled out the tsa download and write on it yourself card.....

The medical card I have is specifically for the following scenarios: 1) If I have a stroke, or am in an accident, or injured and can't talk or communicate I don't want to end up with the diaper rash from hell because some nurse decided to use disposable diapers. EMTs and hospitals check for medical cards when one is admitted. I also don't want a catheter inserted just because that's convenient. The TSA thing was just statement because I once had pins and had to change into velcro to pass through because pins could be used as a weapon. My PPO issues the medical card, which was probably why I had to have an attorney draft the letter. The undercurrents in some of the replies was amusing. Duck! You're a good friend. Thanks for standing up for me there. luv and hugs evybody