LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Much Time Do You Spend Around Other People?

Not sure if I posted this topic in the right place but hopefully it is in the right place. I was just curious, How much (outside of work) time do you spend around other people? How much time do you spend alone in a given week or whatever? How much time do you spend around friends? How much time do you spend around your partner? How much time do you spend around family? I was just curious, another topic I read/posted on got me thinking about it.

Um, what exactly are you asking? When diapered? When sober? When drunk? If single? If married? If a parent with kids? If working? If retired? If laid off? Maybe edit and specify more than so general?

I mean in general! I ak not spacifically talking about while diapered or anything for that matter. I am simply asking how much time after work or school is spent in the presence of another person? I mean after school/work you don't spend the rest of the day alone do you? Hom much human interaction do you have in your life? I know it is a weird question to ask and might evan sound stupid to ask but I am seriously curious as to how much social interaction do other people get?

im around people until i go to bed, and even then sometimes my friends crash on the couch on the other side of my room, so maybe 2-3 nights a week

im around people until i go to bed, and even then sometimes my friends crash on the couch on the other side of my room, so maybe 2-3 nights a week

Yup basically what I was wondering. :) I know it might sound weird to ask that question but I have been doing something thinking due to another topic I read/posted on. Anyways is that normal for most people to have? spend time with friends about 2 or 3 times a week? or maybe family or what not?

Not much time at all as I living in a new home town.....I just don't know anyone around here....

In general though, I tend to spend most of my time alone anyway. My wife is off working in another town so she just isn't around much anymore..... :whistling:

I'm pretty much a loner myself. I spend time around people at work....because I kind of have to, and it's always been that way. I have almost always been by myself, so having others around just makes things crowded :blush: unless we have a good connection or things in common, most of the time I prefer to be alone....just the way I developed.

This came about i guess because the people I was supposed to rely or depend on weren't there for me, so I have only myself to depend on to get something done or learn things.

This is going to sound harsh, but to me, most people aren't worth the time. Everyone is wrapped up in their own ever-so-small world to really "THINK" and be aware or someone else...much less give a damn.

So I am a loner by choice and habit.....not that there isn't room for anyone else...there is, but if you ever meet me and I seem distant or "guarded' this is why...been burned to many time by those who were 'supposed' to not do that.

I've pretty much been a loner all my life too. I spend all day on my own in the house while the others are at work or at school and then in the evening they like to do their own thing so I'm alone again. There's a big difference between being alone and being lonely though, and even though I'm alone a lot, I'm rarely lonely.

I have friends and neighbours and we all know we're there for each other if need be, but we don't live in each others pockets which is nice. I tend to get stressed if there are people around me a lot and find that I need time on my own. Guess I'm just not a people person :)

Interesting question. :thumbsup:

I was just curious about how much time other people spent with friends, family...etc. Apparently it seems normal for someone to spend a lot of time alone. The only thing is I don't spend time alone out of choice. I just flat out don't have any friends really to hang out with. I mean I go to this get together of furries every Tuesday (when I can afford it) where we go out to eat at a cheap restaurant and then see a movie at the dollar savers cinema. out side of that I pretty much go to work and come home. I spend 3 or 4 minutes catching up with my mom and then I go down stairs where I stay for the rest of the night ever night posting on here and other forums. these forums are the only place I really get any communication. I guess that is OK though because it seems like that is normal.

i spend probably over 85% of my time alone, maybe once a week i'll go out with a friend, other than that i stay in my room

There's a big difference between being alone and being lonely though, and even though I'm alone a lot, I'm rarely lonely.

This is kinda in line as to how I feel as well. I spend a considerable amount of time by myself but I rarely feel lonely. I just like the ability to do whatever I please at any given moment. Its the same when travelling. I want to do the things that I want to do. When I am with a group of folks I always worry if they are having a good time or not, so I avoid that by spending much of my time alone.

When I am with my wife things are different as we have many interests in common. However I don't feel the need to entertain her and she completely understands when I go off by myself that it isn't personal or anything like that. I enjoy riding motorcycles and she doesn't share that interest, so she stays home or goes out and does something on her own.

i live with my boyfriend and his parents so very rarely am i in the house alone but most nights my boyfriend and i are doing our own thing for a few hours either he is at band practice or im doing homework or we are just out with other friends .... once or twice a year we take separate vacations to go see friends from high school or college usually these are three or four day weekenda....

so while i may always have someone around i am alone in the sense i am doing single person activities .... although some of those times im on here in the chatroom .... so if im talking with other people online or on the phone does that count as alone?

i truely value my alone time just as much as i value my time with others .... i need time alone to just recharge and regroup

so if im talking with other people online or on the phone does that count as alone?

I have the same question, since I live in a different town than most of my friends from college, so we stay in touch with Skype most of the time. We do, however, meet up on the occasional weekend when I drive up for a movie, a party, or a roleplaying game. Also, I live at home with my parents, although I'm not sitting with them on the couch watching TV all the time if that's what you mean by "around other people." But I do interact when I can, although I'm strongly introverted, so I get exhausted from prolonged social situations and need time alone to think and recharge as sarah_ab mentioned.

Outside of school/work I am more or less a shut-in who never leaves her house. I live with my family and see them each day, but if I didn't I'd probably only have human contact less than three hours a week.

Yeah, I gues that counts. I mean honestly any interaction with someone I guues counts. I mean, I live with my parents in there basement so technically I am around someone all the time but I don't feel like i am. I feel like I am by myself even though my mom stays at home and is always home. Like if I where to start choking, I don't know it i coupd make it up the stairs fast enough before passing out and she definitly would not hear me.(not to use such a scary example) so to me I don't think that situation counts. I think that it seems like everyone has times when there by themselves a lot.

I wonder though (for those who are alone a lot like myself and are note lonely) if you did not have anyone to go to or be around when you felt lonely, would you be as content and happy with being by yourself? I mean does haveing good friends and people you could talk to if you wanted make the difference when alone? For me, I am alone 90% of the time, I dont get much contact with people. Normally I guess that shouldn't be a problem because someone once told me that in order to expect someone else to be happy to be alone with you or whatever that you must be able to be happy alone.

The problem is, I am alone so much that I think it might be unhealthy and since i have come out to my parents, I no longer feel like they are...there... if that makes sence. I mean most of the little time i spend around my mother is her trying to turn me streight. Like today she tried to get me to read this article from the new york times about a gentlemen who turned streight and maried some girl cause he did not want to miss out on takeing a future son to a ball game orvto get his hair cut. Like that is going to automatically get m to be attracted to woman all of a sudden. Like all of a sudden I am going to want a healthy relatiomnship with a icky girl! Lol (no offense to icky girls lol) :P .

I don't know I guess I just have a lot of moments where I feel alone in the world. I don't think i get out enough and sometimes it would be nice to just feel what it feels like to be huged by someone even if it is in a just friends way ( even from an icky girl lol). I don't remember the last time i hve been huged (and i am a hugger). Just curious about other people's situation in that department is all. Just curious what was the normal amount of alone...ness for someone.

• Like 1

I also have no problem with being alone and have always been that way .I do enjoy the company of my close friends occasionly, but not all the time .After a day or night of hanging out i need my alone time again .My privacy is important to me as my lifestyle kinda dictates it at times but does not rule it ! :thumbsup:

sup Husky, ^^ I think it is important to be able to be alone and enjoy your own company but isolating yourself and not having contact with others isn't healthy either. If I was anywhere near ya I'd give you a hug. I know you deserve one, I hope you can find someone to give ya a hug soon. Don't feel to alone, I'll always talk to you too. *hugs the puppy*

• Like 1

sup Husky, ^^ I think it is important to be able to be alone and enjoy your own company but isolating yourself and not having contact with others isn't healthy either. If I was anywhere near ya I'd give you a hug. I know you deserve one, I hope you can find someone to give ya a hug soon. Don't feel to alone, I'll always talk to you too. *hugs the puppy*

Yet another reason why this website is so great.

I definitely need to spend more time around people, but my life is kind of in limbo right now. Once I am able to move on, I will be much better off.

Yeah, thanks for the huggles Tenderheart. :) A hug is always nice, even when it is virtual. :blush: I think the idea that you need to be happy with yourself is right, but I definitely think that maybe I spend way to much time alone. I need to try to get out more.

I wonder though (for those who are alone a lot like myself and are note lonely) if you did not have anyone to go to or be around when you felt lonely, would you be as content and happy with being by yourself? I mean does haveing good friends and people you could talk to if you wanted make the difference when alone? For me, I am alone 90% of the time, I dont get much contact with people. Normally I guess that shouldn't be a problem because someone once told me that in order to expect someone else to be happy to be alone with you or whatever that you must be able to be happy alone.

The problem is, I am alone so much that I think it might be unhealthy and since i have come out to my parents, I no longer feel like they are...there... if that makes sence. I mean most of the little time i spend around my mother is her trying to turn me streight. Like today she tried to get me to read this article from the new york times about a gentlemen who turned streight and maried some girl cause he did not want to miss out on takeing a future son to a ball game orvto get his hair cut. Like that is going to automatically get m to be attracted to woman all of a sudden. Like all of a sudden I am going to want a healthy relatiomnship with a icky girl! Lol (no offense to icky girls lol) :P .

I do get lonely sometimes and I agree with you, those times are tough. My friends work so when I'm lonely I can't turn to them for comfort. If I called my family up (parents and siblings) and admitted to needing some company then I wouldn't get any peace for weeks so I simply don't call them. The way I personally see my loneliness, is that it's temporary and although difficult at the time, I know I'll be back to normal in a few days and just keep myself busy.

Another thing I do when I'm lonely is to go somewhere where there are people. Even that little "weather's good today" chat in a queue can help. I got together with a friend through shared interests. We both liked cycling so I asked if she'd like to go out for a ride one day. We rarely cycle these days and shop and chat (usually includes a 'get it off your chest' grumble or two) over coffee instead.

Maybe the overall difference is that I know there are people around me if I really need them. I think you're feeling as though there's no one there at all for you (I may be far off the mark there and I'm sorry if I offend as it's not my intention). Telling your parents was an amazingly brave thing to do, there's no way I could tell mine!

Perhaps also in a way, and again I may be wrong, the distance between you and your parents is in your mind. If I did have the courage to tell anyone then I'd prepare myself for total rejection, so afterwards I might still be feeling a little of that lingering preparation. Give your Mum one of those fantastic hugs and see what happens.

Other than that I'm here if you want a chat, even though I'm an icky girl ;). Hugs.