LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers Diapers Diapers

I was just curious why we love the word so much. Don't think we have an obsession with it? Just on this main page alone (Diaper Lovers) the word "Diaper" appears (at least now) in FIFTEEN THREAD TITLES. The word is literally everywhere. You can't turn anywhere without seeing the word diaper. It's in thread titles, in signatures, in post messages, in usernames, all over the board. Why do we have an obsession with the word so much? WOuld it be different it the word was something else like Fushmon or Gerrywhingle?

I imagine that it's simply a buzz word for us. For our UK friends, it's Nappies. For the Japanese, it's Omutsu. For the Spanish-speaking, it's pañales. The focus on the name is more the focus on the object, which is the most common focal element of our community's culture.

Well, it is the object of our desire, our passion. It is the reason we're all here. It is why I am called a diaper lover and it is the thing that makes adult babies feel babyish. The word has power and we speak its name in hushed tones that bespeak the grip it has on us. We, ironically, are absorbed with them.

-RMS

I don't think some of you get the point. I know it's a diaper forum, but we still tend to gravitate towards heavy usage of the word, even though we don't need to. We refer to them as diapers more than, say, "it" or "they".

On a motorbike forum, as one user gave above, they don't need to refer to the word "bike" so much. "Hey, I got it fixed today". "I went on a trip, the ride was awesome".

Instead of following suit and saying things like "I love wearing them" and "It is wet" we say things like "I love wearing diapers" and "My diaper is flooded". It's the SPECIFIC REFERENCE to the word, as if there is a subconscious need to say the word to make us feel babyish.

Take a look around. The word is everywhere.

I don't think some of you get the point. I know it's a diaper forum, but we still tend to gravitate towards heavy usage of the word, even though we don't need to. We refer to them as diapers more than, say, "it" or "they".

On a motorbike forum, as one user gave above, they don't need to refer to the word "bike" so much. "Hey, I got it fixed today". "I went on a trip, the ride was awesome".

Instead of following suit and saying things like "I love wearing them" and "It is wet" we say things like "I love wearing diapers" and "My diaper is flooded". It's the SPECIFIC REFERENCE to the word, as if there is a subconscious need to say the word to make us feel babyish.

Me thinks you hit the nail on the head with this ansewer.

is that why you have the word 29 times in your signiture line?

• Like 1

But is wrong, as the forum has a list of its top 50 most used words, and bike being the top used work.

Any hobby, any fetish you have, these kinda keywords are going to be used the most, i wouldnt refer to my bike as 'it', i would simply say if someone asked about my weekend for example "im working on the bike all weekend, i need to rebuild the forks".

This seems to follow the same pattern for most other bike forum users, as well as here, the pattern continues on most other hobby/fetish forums too.

Sure people might love the word, but i dont think it has much significance other than this being a Adult baby diaper forum.

Though, in the UK they are called Nappies, however my fiance being American and surfing american based forums since i was around 13, i much prefer to call them Diapers, as does she.

I think it may have something to do with the way the word sounds. I was born and brought up in England and wherever I've lived the colloquial has been 'nappy' - but I just prefer the way 'diaper' sounds.

They both have the plosive 'p' so I can't see any difference between them though - perhaps it's also because you can refer to 'diaper' as 'diapy' if you're using it in an ageplay scenario, which I love the sound of too, whereas 'nappy' and 'diaper' just sounds like you're being 'normal'

• 2 weeks later...

Just the thought of turning back time, being able to pee when and where you have to, and being tucked in all snug, with a plastic pants to catch accidents, that's what it's great to say about diapers.

I love the word, the way it rolls of the tongue, the mental images it brings back of being a little boy shamed by diapers. The erotic thought of putting a grown woman in them. I won't deny it, diapers and pampers are probably my favorite words to hear in the English language.

Oh my god DIAPERS!! diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers, diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers, diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers, diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers, DIAPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DIAPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIAPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Methinks there is not a whole lot of "US" in this thread. It seems to me that one person at this site is obsessed to the point it might be wise to consider some professional help.

Many of us have things that spin our props, but we are in control of it and can handle it. Some of us even enjoy using the absorbent underwear we choose to wear. However, most of us don't sound like blithering idiots dwelling on so many aspects of wearing and using the absorbent underwear - totally legal, not immoral OR fattening, and quite a profitable industry - we choose to wear. Too, we are quite comfortable with what we choose to wear, how we feel choosing what we've chosen to wear, and who we are and how we are.

The fact that, thanks to the advent of the internet, and the ability to communicate with many others and share what we feel and what we think, and that there are sites devoted to people of like-mindedness and similar interests is wonderful, compared to the days of snail-mail only and "personals" magazines, newsletters and papers, where connecting was tedious and arduous. These days, instant gratification rules, and it becomes evident, at times, that this instant gratification brings out the worst in some people, and makes some of the rest of us truly concerned about the community we call ourselves part of.

I have had an affectation(and, perhaps, an "addiction") for diapers for over 40 years. I have come to a comfortable place in my head with who I am, how I am and what I'm into. However, while hearing the word "diaper" will perk up my ears, and I'll explore the context before my interest is piqued, I certainly do not have or allow the word "diaper" to turn me into a panting, stark-raving lunatic just because I heard the word.

For the most part, most of the world exhibits some decorum in most aspects of life and their lives. Then, of course, there are others...

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Amphetamenace

Oh my god DIAPERS!! diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers, diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers, diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers, diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers,diapers, DIAPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DIAPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIAPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Methinks there is not a whole lot of "US" in this thread. It seems to me that one person at this site is obsessed to the point it might be wise to consider some professional help.

Many of us have things that spin our props, but we are in control of it and can handle it. Some of us even enjoy using the absorbent underwear we choose to wear. However, most of us don't sound like blithering idiots dwelling on so many aspects of wearing and using the absorbent underwear - totally legal, not immoral OR fattening, and quite a profitable industry - we choose to wear. Too, we are quite comfortable with what we choose to wear, how we feel choosing what we've chosen to wear, and who we are and how we are.

The fact that, thanks to the advent of the internet, and the ability to communicate with many others and share what we feel and what we think, and that there are sites devoted to people of like-mindedness and similar interests is wonderful, compared to the days of snail-mail only and "personals" magazines, newsletters and papers, where connecting was tedious and arduous. These days, instant gratification rules, and it becomes evident, at times, that this instant gratification brings out the worst in some people, and makes some of the rest of us truly concerned about the community we call ourselves part of.

I have had an affectation(and, perhaps, an "addiction") for diapers for over 40 years. I have come to a comfortable place in my head with who I am, how I am and what I'm into. However, while hearing the word "diaper" will perk up my ears, and I'll explore the context before my interest is piqued, I certainly do not have or allow the word "diaper" to turn me into a panting, stark-raving lunatic just because I heard the word.

For the most part, most of the world exhibits some decorum in most aspects of life and their lives. Then, of course, there are others...

You are a cadillac among men

I have to admit, I have found some really great AB/DL stories on the web,

with one small flaw - They used the word "Nappy" instead of "Diaper".

Somehow it just wasn't as exciting. Fortunately, it's so easy to save

to hard drive, and use "Find and Replace" in Word!

Ah, perfect "Diaper" story now!