LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Teddy Bear Dependency

While I was living with my parents I was always a little worried about moving into my own place. I was worried I'd take the diaper thing too far, I was worried I'd get interested in the scary hypnosis files, I was worried I'd spend all my money on AB paraphernalia.

Well I've been on my own for more than a year and I'm happy to say that I've got my shit together (does that qualify as a pun here?). I have my ABDL/life balance to my liking: I've got a bag of Bambinos which I dip into when I'm feeling adventerous (a couple times a month). I've got a pacifier which I use once in a while, and a bottle which I'm probably going to toss as it doesn't do anything for me.

So that's all good, but here's the potential problem: Teddy Bears... yes, Teddy Bears. I bought a smallish 14" bear at Toys 'R Us a month ago and I've been sleeping with it EVERY night. It gave me so much comfort that I ended up buying a bigger (too big really) Gund Bear. So now I have two bears in my bed every night. 'So?' you might be asking 'What's the problem?' Well, I'm getting dependent, before the bears I was a little weary about going to sleep and had occasional bouts of insomnia. Since getting the bears I've had no trouble sleeping at all, usually it takes me just a few minutes. Now I'm actually looking forward to jumping into bed. The bears helped me so much that I'm starting to worry that I won't be able to sleep without them.

I've always been able to seperate the AB/DL stuff from the rest of my life, but this teddy bear thing has the potential of causing some trouble. What if I take a business trip or vacation with friends, will I able to get to sleep in a weird environment unassisted? Heck, I'm constantly having to remember to hide the bears when I have company over. My plush toys are much more visible because as they are an every day thing rather than a once a week thing.

So here's my conundrum. Should I try to cut down on something that makes me happy for the sake of maintining a veneer of normalicy? I have to admit, having written all of this my gut reaction is: 'heck no! If it makes me happy then I should just keep going'. Or maybe the answer is to cut down just to prove to myself that I can, maybe I should institute a 'No Teddy Tuesdays policy'.

Anyway, I'm still not sure what my motivation for writing this post was. I guess I'm just looking for input from folk who also strive to achieve a healthy (for them) life balance. Plus, it's nice to share pictures.

In case anyone is curious, yes I've named them: The smaller bear is Bugsy Bear and the bigger one is Bax Bear. I'm a firm believer in alliteration when naming stuffed animals smile.gif

post-17573-0-75615900-1297616559_thumb.j

Well, as always, this kind of thing is a huge grey area...

But really, as long as your 'obsessions' (or whatever the heck you want to call it) are not effecting your 'normal' lifestyle, whats the problem?

Personally, i think ive gone a little overboard, im diapered every night, pacifiers, bottles, sleepers, and have a few bears myself. I indulge at pretty much every opportunity possible (aside from at night!), but i dont let it interfere with my life to the extent of being a problem. Heck, my girlfriend even likes all of it LOL

Personally, i can drop all of this tonight and although i wouldnt want to, i could still do it. When it comes to a point that you really 'need' these things, maybe its time to take a step back and assess your situation.

I love dolls so the same applies. I have loved them since I was 4. I especially love the large ones although I have several of the smaller ones. No, I do NOT have Barbie. I have about 12 of them all told and that is quite enough. I was never attracted to bears.

I thnk the appeal of such things is beyond AB or LG. These can get into your outside life. Dolls are cute and huggable, Even the hard plastic ones have the right shpae and a human face, which we are hard-wired to respond to. Teddy Bears (taking their name from Teddy Roosevelt) are amde in a speudo-humna shape and are soft-bodied. I was given a huge panda bear when I was 5 but it really did not mean that much to me

While I was living with my parents I was always a little worried about moving into my own place. I was worried I'd take the diaper thing too far, I was worried I'd get interested in the scary hypnosis files, I was worried I'd spend all my money on AB paraphernalia.

Well I've been on my own for more than a year and I'm happy to say that I've got my shit together (does that qualify as a pun here?). I have my ABDL/life balance to my liking: I've got a bag of Bambinos which I dip into when I'm feeling adventerous (a couple times a month). I've got a pacifier which I use once in a while, and a bottle which I'm probably going to toss as it doesn't do anything for me.

So that's all good, but here's the potential problem: Teddy Bears... yes, Teddy Bears. I bought a smallish 14" bear at Toys 'R Us a month ago and I've been sleeping with it EVERY night. It gave me so much comfort that I ended up buying a bigger (too big really) Gund Bear. So now I have two bears in my bed every night. 'So?' you might be asking 'What's the problem?' Well, I'm getting dependent, before the bears I was a little weary about going to sleep and had occasional bouts of insomnia. Since getting the bears I've had no trouble sleeping at all, usually it takes me just a few minutes. Now I'm actually looking forward to jumping into bed. The bears helped me so much that I'm starting to worry that I won't be able to sleep without them.

I've always been able to seperate the AB/DL stuff from the rest of my life, but this teddy bear thing has the potential of causing some trouble. What if I take a business trip or vacation with friends, will I able to get to sleep in a weird environment unassisted? Heck, I'm constantly having to remember to hide the bears when I have company over. My plush toys are much more visible because as they are an every day thing rather than a once a week thing.

So here's my conundrum. Should I try to cut down on something that makes me happy for the sake of maintining a veneer of normalicy? I have to admit, having written all of this my gut reaction is: 'heck no! If it makes me happy then I should just keep going'. Or maybe the answer is to cut down just to prove to myself that I can, maybe I should institute a 'No Teddy Tuesdays policy'.

Anyway, I'm still not sure what my motivation for writing this post was. I guess I'm just looking for input from folk who also strive to achieve a healthy (for them) life balance. Plus, it's nice to share pictures.

In case anyone is curious, yes I've named them: The smaller bear is Bugsy Bear and the bigger one is Baxter Bear. I'm a firm believer in alliteration when naming stuffed animals :)

I would not worry about it.In my days as an apt, and house cleaner witch i did for many years.There where many times when i would go into a single guys place and see teddy bears on the bed.So there are a lot of people who have no intrest in diapers but keep teddy bears.

get a little bear keychain! :D than you can have one with you anywhere you go!

A keychain isn't going cut it, giving my bear a good squeeze is what I like the most. Unless of course it's a very big keychain, but that seems kind of conspicuous :P

From here I'm just going to go with flow, maybe take a couple nights off just to reassure myself. I'm certain I'll reach some kind of equilibrium shortly.

I think the best thing to come of all this was having a chance to express my thoughts in writing, it's reassuring to see the extent of my troubles in writing and realize they're really not worth worrying about.

In relative terms needing a hug isn't a big deal and is actually something that's healthy to admit.

I would not worry about it.In my days as an apt, and house cleaner witch i did for many years.There where many times when i would go into a single guys place and see teddy bears on the bed.So there are a lot of people who have no intrest in diapers but keep teddy bears.

Thanks Wayne I appreciate the perspective. Before my original post I did some Googling to see how common dudes with bears were, not many folks seem willing to admit to it, not even online :)

Your insider knowledge is very reassuring, thanks.

I sleep with 2 Pooh baby blankets, a stuff black bear, a Pooh with a rattle inside him and my little blue floppy dog every night. I've gone a women's church retreat once with my one blanket (only sleeping with one at the time), my Black bear and blue floppy dog (I didn't have my Pooh bear at the time) in my suitcase. I hid them in my suitcase during the day and made sure that they got hidden under the covers while my roommates were in the bathroom getting ready for bed or if they were out the room. No one saw them and I was still able to have them with me. I've carried them in my backpack when we've gone up to visit my mother-in-law a few times. I hid them under the covers in the bed my husband and I were sleeping in so she wouldn't know about them. My backpack has gotten held up briefly a couple of times as they did a drug test on my bear to see if she was hiding anything. She's a good bear and doesn't hide or do drugs. :lol: I wouldn't worry about it. If they give you security at night and you enjoy it then why give it up? There's nothing wrong with it.

If you're honestly having trouble sleeping when you're away from home, you might want to look into getting some sleep medicine. I've been on sleep medication for the past year and it's done wonders in combating my insomnia. Or you can try to find something else you can substitute for the bears when you have to be away from them. I always sleep well with a belly full of seafood. Especially so with boiled shrimp. So, there are non-medication options, too.

They're both gorgeous and I love bears. Did you know they're great for sending hugs anywhere in the world? You hug one of your own bears and they send it to the bear that lives with the person you want to hug. The other person hugs their bear and the hug is delivered :thumbsup: .

I personally wouldn't worry about your beautiful bears and your need to sleep with them. Do you notice if one falls out of bed during the night and does it then stop you sleeping? I'd say you'd be too busy sleeping to notice their absence. And as for what other people might think to see them on your bed: it's nothing to do with them. What you have in your home is entirely up to you. If you feel that you need a reaon for them being there then just say an old friend gave them to you and they have sentimental value. You wouldn't be lying about all of it!

If you're honestly having trouble sleeping when you're away from home, you might want to look into getting some sleep medicine. I've been on sleep medication for the past year and it's done wonders in combating my insomnia.

I've always made a point of avoiding sleep medication, specifically because I didn't want to grow dependent. I think I've got my sleeping problems mostly settled now. The bears help, but even before Bugsy and Baxter I'd made a lot of progress towards normal sleep patterns.

I've learned to avoid sugar and spicy foods after 8pm (late night sugar is terrible for sleep). I excercise regularly (burn off excess energy) and I've taught myself to stop panicing about not being able to fall asleep (the way I see it my worst case scenario is taking a sick day the following morning).

I don't want to suggest that I have any issue with other people taking medications, I just personally don't like the idea of relying on artificial means to perform natural functions.

Hey pung, I see alot of similarities in our actions and thoughts, especailly when it comes to medication and fears of taking things "too far". I learned to be more comfortable with these things as i did them more, and now I live on my own, do the diaper thing often and sleep with my teddy Bear every night. I take my teddybear many places with me, especially if I'm flying :P

Wheat helped me, is have an adult side and a little side, and enjoying both of thosse. My imaginiation is much more prevalent in my little side, adn I pretend I can't live without my teddy, abnd it makes me feel little and silly and all the lovely things that comes with being AB... but it's mostly pretend, I know if need be i could survive without my teddy, and theres plenty of times when I won't have it, but we are also really really close and soemtimes it's unfathomable to be without it, just as it is hard to imagine for regular-life me, the girl on the train or pouring your drink, to be all wrapped up in diapers sucking on a pacifier, cuddling with a teddy bear.

I embrace my constant changing and flowing maturity <3 It took a long time to be ok with these feelings, but its awesome <3

pic is me and my teddy

8c7e2fbdc4e5627fbe16dc5b8ddde073_20101207145939_720.jpg

Wheat helped me, is have an adult side and a little side, and enjoying both of thosse. My imaginiation is much more prevalent in my little side, adn I pretend I can't live without my teddy, abnd it makes me feel little and silly and all the lovely things that comes with being AB... but it's mostly pretend, I know if need be i could survive without my teddy, and theres plenty of times when I won't have it, but we are also really really close and soemtimes it's unfathomable to be without it, just as it is hard to imagine for regular-life me, the girl on the train or pouring your drink, to be all wrapped up in diapers sucking on a pacifier, cuddling with a teddy bear.

I embrace my constant changing and flowing maturity <3 It took a long time to be ok with these feelings, but its awesome <3

pic is me and my teddy

First of all fantastic bear! :) Where did you get it?

It's funny I've had the same thoughts about having a split between the AB/Normal side of my personality. But my perspective is a little sinister, I often see it as a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing. I have a yearning for diapers and think: 'well there goes my creepy side popping up again'. But I've been around for a while and I've grown comfortable with my Mr. Hyde, we're good friends now, but he can still make me uncomfortable once in a while :)

I think it's amazing that you were able to figure out what you wanted in life and then went for it. You seem to really have things figured out, congratulations.

In my situation I think I'm still trying to decide what I want. Which is probably why I'm sharing right now, it's a great way to sort things out.

I have slept with teddy bears for many years as an adult. The latest one I got for Christmas in 2000. He is named Babe (ba bay, zulu for father) Phillip after a friend in Africa. He is 2 feet tall and very cuddley. A few years ago I dressed him in a cloth diaper and plastic panties and a kid's swimsuit. The swim suit has been replaced by real baby shortalls. I proudly sleep with my bear and take him on trips with me. He goes to baby camp with me.

Last summer I took an additional trip with a diaper wearing friend to Glacier National Park. Bear went with me. My friend took his bunny. They rode on top of a cooler so they could see out. We got pictures of our plushies in the park too.

Cherish your bears. They are great emotional support.