LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

If You Got Into A Car Accident

honestly if you were that seriously injured they had to talk with ur family, i hope to god for you and your family your personal kinks are the last things on anyone's mind....

I'd also hope that the medical people wouldn't be spending any of the time they should be using to save my hide bothering over something that really doesn't matter :angel_not: Of course there's no guarantee of that, but that's life so you just go with it :biker_h4h:

If asked the best reply would be to say that "I've got a little bladder leakage problem" which is true for everyone, since we all want more or less of it which makes it a "problem" :P Past them asking how bad it is, I doubt that anything more would transpire B) If you are conscious enough to answer questions they would assume that you would also know how to ask for a clean diaper if you needed it, and it would be obvious if you couldn't change it yourself :rolleyes: Really, if you're so deeply closeted about anything that you worry about someone else finding out, you've got more problems than just whatever the hidden thing is :lol: As many have said, this is nothing compared to what's seen in any ER, so don't worry, pee happy :roflmao:

Bettypooh

(Seen on comedy T.V.) Lady got a call from the Police "Your son was in an accident!" her- "Did he have clean underwear?" police- "Yes we found them in the glovebox." :drive1: If your in a very bad wreck probally better to have a diaper on. Better than dirty pants!!! :roflmao:

As Bill Cosby once said on one of his comedy records, "If your in an accident you won't have clean underwear on anyway! First you say it, then you do it!"

What worries me more than the paramedics, doctors, and nurses finding out is if they told my family or friends. Of course that is not going to happen due to Dr. patient confidentiality, but what if I am in a coma and they need to ask my family questions about my medical history? What if they begin asking if I had a history of incontinence? I'm sure the doctors have tact and can ask for information they need without giving away what kind of underwear I was wearing when I came in.

And if I died in the crash, I'm sure the mortitian would appreciate the easy cleanup.

I honestly had to smile here. I AM a mortician. :)

If you are so badly injured and out of it when wheeled in, your diapers are the least of the medico's concern. That will be dealt with AFTER you are stabilized. And, if you're really worried about the situation, the person you've designated as DPOA - you have thought about THAT, haven't you - can deal with any medical questions/concerns regarding you being in diapers when brought in. Too, if it's that bad of a crash, you will probably have filled your diaper in the instant before the impact as you panic, besides being just wet. :)

If you ended up in a nursing home, you would probably wake up back in a disposable diaper. They normally don't use plastic pants because of the difficulty of applying them to a patient laying in bed.

If you wake up in a hospital bed in a hospital room, you will most likely not be diapered, but find yourself lying on a "bed pad", designed to localize wetting and protect the rest of the bedding. And, hospital staff is used to incontinence of varying degrees. Of course, like many post-op, you could wind up with a catherter in you, assuring you won't be peeing yourself or the bed, willy-nilly, which allows them to monitor how your body is doing - input of fluids versus outflow.

As far as post-mortem situations, if you die in a car crash, an autopsy will be performed, meaning you will be stripped of all the clothing - including your diapers - to facilitate the procedure. With hospital cases, I rarely pick someone up who is in diapers. Nursing home cases, assisted living facility cases, hospice residence and hospice at home cases, frequently the dearly departed is diapered. And, given I am the way I am, I whole-heartedly allow them to "go to glory" diapered! :)

As for me, hospital-wise, I'd rather ride the situation out. I've been catherterized, which is an interesting experience since I'm not an incon - I could feel my bladder emptying - but I'd rather be and would have rather been diapered. Um, kinda wasn't my choice...

I have, however, gotten my wife to agree to see that I "go to glory" diapered - she is 7 years younger, so I'm just assuming she will be able to accomodate me - and I prefer cloth and plastic pants. It's possible, but it won't be as easy as disposables with no plastic pants. I smile when I think about it. I would like to know if she actually humors me. Something tells me I'll check out believing she will, but I will never know! LOL

Sorry this reply sounded serious and got to morbid, but it's a great topic and the responses have been marvelous. What ABs and DLs - even the incons! - can come up with to wonder about, think about and obsess over! LMDAO

There are a few things that I would be worried about. There wouldn't be so much of a problem in the emergency room if I had to go in for an operation after an accident. It's what would happen afterwards when in a hospital room. Family and friends do not know I like wearing diapers. I'm sure I would have visitors and if I had to tell the doctor and nurses that I have an incontinence problem and need diapers, I would have to continue with the charade. That means all the time in the hospital I'd have to be in diapers. Not a bad thing if it was just me in this world, but I'd hate to have family or friends visit me and either see that I had a bulky diaper on under my hospital gown or a stack of disposable diapers sitting on a nearby table. Even worse, a nurse (thinking everyone must know about my incontinence) comming in and asking me if I need changed (or lifting up my gown to see how wet my diaper was, especially if I was sleeping).

I've also been in the hospital a few times in the past, both emergency room and admitted for things like kidney stone and gall bladder surgery. Even if I just went to the emergency room for somthing relativly minor, my doctor always gets a report since I'm always told to follow up with my doctor. In my city, the hospital and most doctors are all linked through one health care system. It wouldn't be cool to have a hospital report sent to my doctor that included anything about my "incontinence" or diapers. He'd say, "What's this incontinence problem you have? You never mentioned anything like that to me in the past."

Now, the other thing that has to do with family is you always have to fill out a person to be notified in case of an accident or problem, a contact person. I can see my mom being notified I was in an accident, showing up at the hospital when I was in surgery, being asked all kinds of questions. "What medication is he on? Has he had any major surgeries in the last 2 years? His blood sugar is high - is he diabetice? What's the cause of his incontinence?" See what I mean? I know there are things that you can't prevent if fate happens, but when I'm out driving with a diaper on, I am so very extra careful of what is going on around me!

It would not be nessacery for a nurse to com change anyone,all you would need to say is that you can change yourself,so unless you had broken arm or legs they would let you do it yourself.

They would not be botherd as to why you were in a diaper,as long as you are doing well and getting better is all they are intersted in.

remember, if you tell them you need diapers, and they give them to you, they CHARGE you for them... which means your insurance is charged... which means your insurance could investigate, find out you don't need them and then charge YOU for them.... diapers in a hospital aren't free... if yuou come in with one on thats one thing, but if you don't need them.... why keep the charade up?

i mean just tell em "you lost a bet with some friends" its a hospital they've DEFINITELY heard that one before.... and voila, problem solved, you lost a bet, something families are definitely willing to believe, doctors will believe, and no need to try and carry on a charade.

This thread has gone through lots of turns here! I drive all the time and fly all the time diapered (not inco). I guess you wonder what happens if there was an accident. I had a surgery a few years ago and went in wearing normal undies but with some diapers in my overnight bag for afterwards and travel home. Did the surgery, and later that evening was very groggy and in a boatload of pain. So I informed the nurse that I had wet the bed when all drugged out for pain in a previous surgery (actually true) and did not want to repeat the experience and so wanted to wear a diaper. I was not drowsy from the pain at the time so I had predicated the idea that we address this before I went to sleep later. Before I got to the point that I had some in my bag she returned later with a few diapers. It was post dinner and they were pumping me full of fluid (seemed like every 15 min I was peeing in the damn container) and I was getting tired which she noticed on her last round before her shift change. She suggested that I put it on as it was easier for everyone if I was to fall asleep and have an accident. She offerd to help if needed...I explained I had it covered. So I was diapered up and did fall asleep, well sort of due to the frequent twinges of pain. At that point peeing in the container was a bit more of a challenge so I used the diaper during one of the more awake periods. I did fall asleep for a while and an attendant did come by to check on me. I guess the previous nurse had told her of my diapered state as I awoke to being checked if I needed a change. I was wet and this attendant (not a nurse) who actually was quite attractive and young asked if she needed to change me. I was so tempted as I had not had any one do that for me but felt it was over the line and I turned her down. She did bring a washcloth to wash up and she disposed of the used diaper for me. I never did see her again and went through a few more diapers that night due to my fear of leaking with the generic diapers supplied. My wife showed up the next morning and we were travelling back home by airplane. I was diapered the next week during recovery as my mobility was severely limited and it was much easier to use a diaper than try to make it to the restroom rapidly. P_P

remember, if you tell them you need diapers, and they give them to you, they CHARGE you for them... which means your insurance is charged... which means your insurance could investigate, find out you don't need them and then charge YOU for them.... diapers in a hospital aren't free... if yuou come in with one on thats one thing, but if you don't need them.... why keep the charade up?

i mean just tell em "you lost a bet with some friends" its a hospital they've DEFINITELY heard that one before.... and voila, problem solved, you lost a bet, something families are definitely willing to believe, doctors will believe, and no need to try and carry on a charade.

Leave it to Sarah to come through again! Perfect solution for those not comfortable with "a little white lie" and lucid enough to deal with the situation personally...

I was in a car crash with a friend of mine. i was wearing a basketball jersey and some shorts and a diaper under my shorts.

the shorts were pretty thin and I was sure you could see the diaper through them. I was really nervous. We were both okay

and the crash could have been worse but I was so ready to just go home lol

I was a EMT for many years and i have seen a lot of strange underwear.

i have seen the sex toys and people glued to toilet seats.

And even one person with minor burns form a propane toilet backfire/leak.(don't flush while setting on one)

http://www.propaneproducts.com/catalog/propane-toilets/ecojohn-sr.-propane-electric-incinerating-toilet-12v-110v-380.html

I have neurosarcoidosis and some people with neurosarcoidosis have bladder control problems.

I have a little urgency and have told my primary care doctor.

My primary care doctor thinks its prostate and i know its sarcoidosis related.

Its not bad but it give me a excuse to wear all the time.

I started to wear depends underwear or diapers to my doctors appointments

Its been three years and no doctor have even asked why i wear them so i will just keep wearing them for fun and convenience.

ok this is where wearing a diaper when you don't need it fails you.. if someone else is at fault for the car accident and you pee yourself it will incrtease the settlement you can get from their insurance company, because it shows the accident was such a shock you lost control.. if you poop yourself... way more money.....

But if you were in a diaper and did it, it would sorta take away frm this, because the lawyers could argue you were already preparing to soil yourself....

i swear if i'm ever hit by another car, more than just a fender bender, i'm gonna pee myself as quickly as possible... ohh ohh and if you are on vacation and say taking public transportation and such accident happens and its the fault of the transportation company you TOTALLY have to pee yuourself!

Yes, lets sue everyone for everything, and if we take their house and job in the process all the better!

This is whats wrong with America

HuggieBaby

Yes, lets sue everyone for everything, and if we take their house and job in the process all the better!

This is whats wrong with America

HuggieBaby

Yes! And them my insurance premiums will go up again (although they don't need a reason to raise them!)

I've thought about this topic in the past and it's been brought a few times but honestly, I guess I'll just have to wing it if it does happen. It's pretty tough to figure out what your going to say and play it all out in your head before it ever even does happen. You may have some sort of story line you are going to go with but it may not fit at the time so I say just wing it. Do and say what you think's best at the time. We can sit here at our computers and fantasize about getting in an accident (okay not about the accident necessarily) but get brought to the hospital, diapers discovered, you get your diapers changed, they all think you're incontinent after you tell the dr. and you live a happily diapered life forever after. THE END. Well, sounds good and all til you're injured and in pain and diaper desires are probably at the bottom of the list. It's going to be tougher to get your jollies off at that moment I'd guess. Anyway, cross that bride when it happens I say and don't worry too much about it. It'll probably be a thrill either way.

I do have a relative though that was in a pretty serious accident that was left urinary incontinent afterwards! Found it weird for her to talk about here diaper needs so open to the family afterwards but she was pretty much wheelchair bound and still is after 15 years so I wouldn't have wanted to trade places with her either. She now pees through a tube out her belly button!!! Weird huh.

I've thought about this topic in the past and it's been brought a few times but honestly, I guess I'll just have to wing it if it does happen. It's pretty tough to figure out what your going to say and play it all out in your head before it ever even does happen. You may have some sort of story line you are going to go with but it may not fit at the time so I say just wing it. Do and say what you think's best at the time. We can sit here at our computers and fantasize about getting in an accident (okay not about the accident necessarily) but get brought to the hospital, diapers discovered, you get your diapers changed, they all think you're incontinent after you tell the dr. and you live a happily diapered life forever after. THE END. Well, sounds good and all til you're injured and in pain and diaper desires are probably at the bottom of the list. It's going to be tougher to get your jollies off at that moment I'd guess. Anyway, cross that bride when it happens I say and don't worry too much about it. It'll probably be a thrill either way.

I do have a relative though that was in a pretty serious accident that was left urinary incontinent afterwards! Found it weird for her to talk about here diaper needs so open to the family afterwards but she was pretty much wheelchair bound and still is after 15 years so I wouldn't have wanted to trade places with her either. She now pees through a tube out her belly button!!! Weird huh.

Drew,if it is hooked up to here belly button it is not pee.It is hooked up to her intestine.Stop and think about it Drew,that is no where near the bladder.That is an ostamy bag.I know i had three relitives hooked up to one.

Drew,if it is hooked up to here belly button it is not pee.It is hooked up to her intestine.Stop and think about it Drew,that is no where near the bladder.That is an ostamy bag.I know i had three relitives hooked up to one.

That's what I thought too but was just going off of what other relatives have told me. They said they sewed it up down there and the urine comes out a tube that runs through her belly button. She is wheelchair bound however, I am pretty sure she has bowel control as she nor others have mentioned it and she's pretty open. She had quite a few surgeries I guess to get this right and some failed at first. I realized where the bladder is located vs. where the belly button is and gravity wouldn't be your friend here but maybe they did something different?????

After looking it up online here I think they just did a "complex urinary diversion" if you look under it at this LINK. I know I've heard the mention of a stoma and according to this link, I think she had her bladder removed or just bipassed because a conduit made from intestine connects the ureters to the stoma on the outside placed through the navel.

Continent urianry diversion: In patients' whose urethra is not reconstructable, one option may be to create a channel from the bladder to the belly button. To empty the bladder, the patient places a short catheter through this channel into the bladder and then removes the catheter once the bladder is drained.

I beleive the above is what she does. Drains with a catheter through her belly button.

ok this is where wearing a diaper when you don't need it fails you.. if someone else is at fault for the car accident and you pee yourself it will incrtease the settlement you can get from their insurance company, because it shows the accident was such a shock you lost control.. if you poop yourself... way more money.....

But if you were in a diaper and did it, it would sorta take away frm this, because the lawyers could argue you were already preparing to soil yourself....

i swear if i'm ever hit by another car, more than just a fender bender, i'm gonna pee myself as quickly as possible... ohh ohh and if you are on vacation and say taking public transportation and such accident happens and its the fault of the transportation company you TOTALLY have to pee yuourself!

This is such an awesome idea. I will make sure to wet myself post-haste should I not be diapered when a car strikes my vehicle.

If you get in a car accident and the first thing you think of is peeing yourself.... then you must have REALLY good car insurance!

The previous two cars I owned that got totaled(first time was admittedly my fault, I was young and dumb, second time the car got stolen and totaled while the police were chasing it), I made more money back than I actually paid for the car.

So yeah, I'm feeling pretty smug about my insurance arrangement. :thumbsup:

I would have to be honest with them on how the diapers are a fetish.

Personaly though, if I am ever in a wreck that is bad enough for me to black out and wake up in the hospital I would love it if the damage was severe enough to put me in diapers for a limited time. I don't want to have to pee out my belly button or anything. Just somthing like temporary nerve damage.