LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Roomate Advice

DAQ

As the Title suggests I am moving out from my parents house finally and moving in with some roomates at college. Debating a few options, I have in the past tried not to wear(doesn't work) so I am left with: do I order diapers and if my roomates ask tell them I wet the bed, order them and hope they mind their own business, order from alternative sources and sneak them into my room(plan B, will figure it out).

Guess I am looking for options/opinions from everyone. Those who have moved out and with roomates, how have you handled it?

DAQ

Good roommates respect your private life, your private space, and don't care what you do in your own space B) Unfortunately they are as rare as Hen's teeth :( If you don't want them to know get a PO Box or make alternate arrangements for shipping. Until you know that are good roommates lock your door. Set rules and expectations ahead of time before they move in and make sure they understand them ;) And make sure that you have legal priority of the residence, not a partnership so that if there's trouble they have to leave and not you :mellow: I've had one great roomie, one good roomie, and several who I wish I'd never had in my life :huh: I now live alone and will never have another roomie. It takes luck and time but decent cheap places to live can be found and that's what you need to get started on. Unless you need someone there to help you physically, you're far better off alone without the worries of a roomie and their friends bringing you grief :fish_h4h:

Bettypooh

Until you know that are good roommates lock your door.

Absolutely, definitely do this. If you keep your stuff out of sight, don't go over the top, only keep small-ish quantities of diapers on hand and generally do all you can to be discreet, you should be alright. To repeat, though, until you know that they (and people they might bring around) are trustworthy don't leave the room unlocked when you're not there. it's perhaps better in this circumstance to be thought of as untrusting/paranoid than to have your secrets exposed by a disrespectful room mate who "just wanted to borrow a DVD" :rolleyes:

If you find you can't trust the roomie, you're either going to have to explore other avenues, scale back the diapers or run the risk. I spent my first year of uni with 5 other random people in a flat/apartment, only one of whom was a solid gold decent guy. I just didn't go there diaper-wise :lol: it wasn't worth the risk. The next two years were spent with 3 others, all of whom I'd gotten to know over the previous year and knew I could trust. There were still a few shaky moments trying to take deliveries, etc, but once stuff was in my room and hidden away, I knew it was safe there (but I still locked the door if I was going to be away more than a day or two). If you're in a similar situation and are moving in with people you know, hopefully you've already decided that they are at least half trustworthy but if your college is allocating your room mates, obviously it's a pot luck and you'll have to play it by ear for a while.

In either case, take it slow, be discreet.

if these are roomates as in two people sharing a dorm room, where there are no doors to lock, no matter what you do people are going to talk... its college and no matter how big, its still small in a sense....

basically you can decide to live your life, and do what you enjoy and realize taht some people just aren't going to like it, and some people are going to talk, and know that it doesn't really matter, because you don't ever have to see those people again.....

HOWEVER... what you do in the bedroom is one thing..... but remember that college IS the beginning of your professional career and the professors you have and the internships you have will become your professional referrals when you first leave college.... so bear that in mind when deciding to take your bedroom tastes into the classroom etc.....

• Like 1

As the Title suggests I am moving out from my parents house finally and moving in with some roomates at college. Debating a few options, I have in the past tried not to wear(doesn't work) so I am left with: do I order diapers and if my roomates ask tell them I wet the bed, order them and hope they mind their own business, order from alternative sources and sneak them into my room(plan B, will figure it out).

Guess I am looking for options/opinions from everyone. Those who have moved out and with roomates, how have you handled it?

DAQ

Well if you arent rsik-adverse get your roommate to suddenly find you in one (as I did on my diapered roommate) then explain

If you wear the right clothes no one will know that you are wearing. Of course the biggest threat is them finding your stash. Lock your door, get a locking chest. I might be a bit more cautious about wearing under clothes around the house.

I find the best time is wearing during the day around campus and to my classes. People are to busy with school to be worried about what you are wearing under your clothes. I even change in the stalls in the restroom, as far as I can tell by peoples attitudes no one is the wiser. I am not sure why people are afraid to wear in public as people are focused on their day and not you, making it one of the best times to wear. Even wearing in your room with room mates who may want your attention for something can be a bit more dangerous. I certainly would always be wearing clothes even in your own room when wearing one.

When I first moved out I invested in just a simple locking door handle with key. So when I am gone I can lock it and not worry about anything. Though after going through 3 roommates consisting of family and other people I have met. I decided I might as well pay the extra $300 myself and enjoy living by myself. That way I don't have to worry about being caught wearing diapers except by my BF if I choose to wear em. Or have a messy place because everyone else is to lazy to clean up after themselves >:C

And of course have something you can hop into quickly just in case you like to wear just diapers. Since a roommate or someone else could possibly want or need you for a quick moment. So its best to be ready to hide your diaper if necessary at a moments notice.

A lot of times it is not the time you are there that you are in risk of being exposed. It comes after one of you moves out. Room mates and lovers protect each other. It is the ex that you have to worry about. For some reason that bond you had is ended with the relationship. I have been a member of several large groups and I have noticed that when two people break up one of them just has to tell all.

With ex roommates it seems they can't wait to talk about their kinky ex roommate. In that case they often don't mention the name but if you were a roommate with them for a long time it is not hard to guess who they are talking about.

1 as u have been told over and over keep ur door locked at all times but make it easy for u to get out if u need to

2 have a lockabule wardrobe or cupboard that u can keep your stuff in safley i would sugest a wardrobe if u have space for a 2nd one

3 if posabule arange to collect any "spechal deliverys" from the depo yourself then u dont have to worry about who signs got it and wether or not thay look inside

4 if u get court by them then use an excuess like ur a bed wetter or u have a blader infection or something like that

Me i dont believe in being shy or undercover you can go to any Urologist office and find literature for patients to take on bladder Med's and "incon" bedwetting, spinal problems, etc whatever your cover story is when you move in leave a few pieces of that free literature in plain sight . Order diapers over the net that are not discretely packaged to be recieved when you know they will be there, let them add 2+2 and come up with 4 and then when they tell you a package came for you just act really casual and say "Cover Story disease" requires me to wear these just like some people wear glasses or use a cane my illness is remediated by wearing these i appreciate you accepting the delivery, it totaly slipped my mind to tell you these would be coming because i just switched the automatic shipment address the other day, and just be really casual about the whole thing, if you are ten to 1 they will be also.

Peace

just to let you know, i recently moved out of my dorms but when i was there i wore diapers three nights out of the week, and my roommate never knew, i had a feeling he knew but he never directly asked me, if he did ask of course i would have told him i was a bed wetter but, be cautious and both confident, if you do that you are golden, i sometimes would wear a diaper all day when i didnt have classes, it was a thrill knowing that i was able to do it.

1 as u have been told over and over keep ur door locked at all times but make it easy for u to get out if u need to

2 have a lockabule wardrobe or cupboard that u can keep your stuff in safley i would sugest a wardrobe if u have space for a 2nd one

3 if posabule arange to collect any "spechal deliverys" from the depo yourself then u dont have to worry about who signs got it and wether or not thay look inside

4 if u get court by them then use an excuess like ur a bed wetter or u have a blader infection or something like that

If u keep posting 1337 with misspellings the grammar-nazis here will appear out of nowhere in a surprise attack :o Please take the time to write whole words and use spellcheck- you'll make more friends here that way B) Save the shorthand for txtng where it belongs ;)

I've found that being 24/7 decreases your chances of being caught since your appearance is consistent- people might notice differences but they overlook 'normal' :angel_not: Whatever your approach, always think "discretion" and you'll be fine :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

Sarah_AB you are right what i'm telling him to do is undercover for "him", whereas for me i am in a wheelchair, i am "incon" so what i say to anybody who would dare make a rude or derogatory comment about my diapers,you keep running your pie hole about my diapers and your gonna be needing them next is my opinion.

I mean people should be more accepting of what they dont understand weather talking AB/DL or "Incon" society should quit the "bs" unacceptance stuff and just say hey you obviously have a need for those, thank there God its not them and move on.

I have said on the board a bunch of times go to walmart in a wheelchair and be near the diapers and a crowd will form out of thin air of eople wanting to help you get diapers, even if you are there for razor blades people in wheelchairs need help with diapers,everytime they will bring diffrent brands and sizes they will offer to stay with you and help you check out and take them to your car , i mean you could not pay a personal shopper for better service than that provided by people who think diapers and wheelchairs must go together!!..

And of course if he picked the "right" cover he could get away with wearing 24/7 or any time in there without raising an eyebrow

anyway so yes its undercover for him but would be normal for me

Peace

DAQ

Do you know your roommates at all? Go ahead and buy them. They usually come in an unmarked box and you can always put it in your closet. No one should look through your things, and if they mention it then you know that they were snooping through your things and that is not right at all!

I wouldn't worry too much about anyone noticing or caring even if they do notice though. I've had a spinal cord injury since 2004 and I get catheters and all kinds of other medical supplies come all the time. Sometimes the boxes are clearly marked (I haven't thought about telling them to use unmarked ones) and the delivery guys know exactly what is in the boxes (including size etc.) In the end, they have too much going on in their own lives to even think about what other people use or need. I bet your roommates wouldn't even notice, and if they did they would probably be curious about why you use diapers for a minute or two and then move on.

I think a lot of the time we get so stressed out about things that we imagine the worst and then add onto it! Meanwhile in reality yes, people are curious but they are not going to make it their life's mission to figure out why someone else wears diapers. Most people have enough respect to not ask about these things and just accept that it is what it is.

I don't mean for this next part to sound mean or anything, but do you think that maybe you are reading too much into things because you like diapers therefore you are more likely to notice if someone else wears them and would think about it more than someone who has no interest in the subject?

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to be honest about it, try introducing it subtly into conversation. Start with: "You know those fetish threads on (whatever forum, site), I always want to know why someone would become that way".

Then proceed to: "Diaper fetish seems to be a popular one. I dunno, I guess it's just nice to wear something comfy, or it relives stress" etc.

So if they do find out, it won't be as much of a shock.

• 3 weeks later...

I would say don't tell them, its none of their business.

If they find out and ask, just lie about it being a medical problem. They should leave ti well enough alone then.

If they push, you dont want to talk about it. That should pretty much end the conversation.

In terms of rubbish removal, double/triple bag anything being set aside for the trash night.

Keep your stuff in your wardrobe/out of sight in draws or something, but I wouldn't say go to too much effort to hide stuff once it is put away.

If you treat it like its normal, then people wont get suspicious about why you're hiding stuff. I used to keep packs in my wardrobe and just threw a towel or jumper over the packs. If anyone opened the wardrobe they wouldn't see it clearly. But could see something was covered up.

If people are going through your stuff, make them stop; that's not a cool thing to do with housemates.

Ive slept in a few times during summer so no sheet or blanket and my door hadn't been shut properly..

I would have been visible to anyone who walked past my door. Not once was anything said. That said I made sure i closed my door 99.999% of the time.

I've only lived with good friends... I know one likes to cross dress, cause I caught him in the act. I've left it alone and only raised it once while we were out drinking. I just said "dude what every you wear around the house doesn't bother me". It was indicated as a subject to not be spoken of. I took the hint and have left it alone since.

This probably wont help your situation too much, but my first couple years of college and being out og the house, I had a girlfriends who had her own place. I asked her if I could get diapers sent to her place (I had told her about the lifestyle at that point) and she was ok with it. I was fortunate enough to have that at the time. So if you have other friends who have a house and know, you could try that, but chances are at this stage in your life, you probably dont.

My situation now might be much more realavent to you: I live in a house with 8 other people and getting things shipped to the place isn't an uncommon thing to have happen. Of the several times that I have ordered offline, there has only been one time that I wasn't home to get the package. One of my other roommates took the order and set it by the front door until I got home. He didn't ask at all what was in there. If he had, I really dont know what I would have said and I had been thinking about what to say for that situation if it ever came up. I can honestly say I really didn't have any good excuse for a package that size (I ordered 4 packs of Abenas so it was a case). To make a short story long, if you live with other people, they usually wont ask "What's in the package?" but if they do, you've got the built in exscuse now of "School stuff"

Tip: If you've never ordered offline before, look for places that ship in discreet packages. Or if you're ballsy enough, there are still a few medical supply places that sell diapers. But because you're young, it will become an awkward situation between you and the clerk if you let it; Because chances are, and I HAVE had this asked to me by EVERY helper, they will ask you if they are for you or someone else. BE HONEST! Say they are for yourself and here's why: They work in the medical field. They understand what you are buying and understand the importance of discrection. I have yet to have any one of them ask me what is wrong (which is nothing). They will understand if you don't want to say anything, and they will let it go. But I say be honest because (judging by the sizes supplied at the medicals stores I go to) the typical sizes are large and extra large for older people have have gained weight over the overs. I'm not saying every older person is fat, but time does take tolls on the body which seem to account for the sizes, and the people who buy this kind of product locally seem to generally be older people. So if you buy medium sizes, chances are its not necessarily for someone else. Plus, by being honest with the local medical supplier that I go to, I'm recognized when I go in and taken care of very professonally.

Sorry for a long post on an old question, I'm just coming towards the end of my college life and have a lot of advice in this particular catagory. As far as the room situation goes, keep this in mind: You will have good roommates and you will have bad roommates. Respect of privacy has never been an issue with any roommate though so if you have a roommate who feels it necessary to rummage through your things, it's time for a new roommate. If you must share the same room with your roommate, good luck; I've walked on eggshells in that situation before and its not fun nor worth it.

My 2+ cents on diapers, roomates, and college. GOOD LUCK FOR REAL!

Unseen

or go to walmart buy a bunch of those lameo designed tee shirts and if they ever ask just say ohh some tee shirts and then just to ease your own mind you would actually have some shirts to show them .... it doesnt have to be shirts could be a blanket, towels, a pillow etx...