LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Was The Pampers Baby Potty Trained

Kari

Does everyone remember the dark day,

When Pampers replaced their baby with a "heart" for it's logo?

I was often jealous of the "Pampers Baby" when I was growing up.

Then there were the commercials for Pampers, Huggies and Luvs.

The kids seemed just a bit to old for diapers.

And some of them could talk well for being in diapers too.

I wanted to be them so much.

Not to sound too weird,

But wonder how many were already potty trained in real life.

And just acting to sell diapers for their over zealous stage Mothers?

Showing off in diapers for the camera and being unashamed.

Never understood why I felt the way I did and had no one to express my desires to.

I was a different kid and now I'm a different adult.

The baby aisle isn't as fun anymore since everything is in plastic and no more boxes.

I use to love the sent in the diaper section at the grocery store.

post-194-0-50611500-1294436511_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-50611500-1294436511_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The original Pampers baby on Kari & My avatars is probably pushing if not over 50 I don't know how much money he earned, probably a lot less than than kids get now for one ad spread, even though he had a good 15-18 year run. He probably still gets teased by his friends and family though not brutally or anything.

Actually boxes are returning but they are congregated cardboard not the paper boxes I miss too. I miss the old logo too, I used to pose as him. but the diversity used now, is probably more PC.

How old is this ad? I sure would've loved to have been one of these little girls still wearing diapers or at least for a print ad anyway. There are daycare/preschools that don't require the children to be potty trained in order to attend. Some will help you potty train your child. We have one 4 year old at church that was put in with the toddlers because he's not potty trained yet. It turns out that he's autistic and he's not very verbal. He never tells you if he wet his diaper or pull ups. I never changed him because he was too heavy for me to lift up to the changing table and two he'd be too big for it anyway. They let him join other kids his age down the street upon condition that his mom comes to change him if he messes his diaper or pull ups. They're strictly no diapers down the street at children's church. I feel a school or daycare telling a parent no diapers then this discriminates against children with disabilities who aren't potty trained yet or may never be able to be potty trained.

Pampers hit the market in 1961. Everything has been downhill ever since cloth diapers and plastic pants disappeared from the scene. (They are making a slight comeback now, though).

How old is this ad? I sure would've loved to have been one of these little girls still wearing diapers or at least for a print ad anyway. There are daycare/preschools that don't require the children to be potty trained in order to attend. Some will help you potty train your child. We have one 4 year old at church that was put in with the toddlers because he's not potty trained yet. It turns out that he's autistic and he's not very verbal. He never tells you if he wet his diaper or pull ups. I never changed him because he was too heavy for me to lift up to the changing table and two he'd be too big for it anyway. They let him join other kids his age down the street upon condition that his mom comes to change him if he messes his diaper or pull ups. They're strictly no diapers down the street at children's church. I feel a school or daycare telling a parent no diapers then this discriminates against children with disabilities who aren't potty trained yet or may never be able to be potty trained.

I wonder how old this ad is myself since this little girl looks quite old to have still been diapered. She looks to be around 4 or 5 and the sizes that pampers was advertising looked to be for kids that were that age at least. I was toilet trained at that age myself and I wonder if that was the average age that kids trained at. It may be possible if the kids trained at later ages maybe they would have been nicer to the boy you described?

ok two things.. 1 i find this ad a bit creepy, but i'm younger, so it may have been a common occurance at the time it was out there

2. i find it kind creepy that picture is up here and people are sorta drooling over it.. i understand the desire to be a baby... but to have a discussion surround a kid in diapers sorta creeps me out...

but on another note, that girl looks like she's around 3 or 4.... and most 3-4 year olds are already potty trained at least during the day!

ok two things.. 1 i find this ad a bit creepy, but i'm younger, so it may have been a common occurance at the time it was out there

2. i find it kind creepy that picture is up here and people are sorta drooling over it.. i understand the desire to be a baby... but to have a discussion surround a kid in diapers sorta creeps me out...

but on another note, that girl looks like she's around 3 or 4.... and most 3-4 year olds are already potty trained at least during the day!

1. Agreed

2. Agreed

3. Agreed

I disagree. A public school or government-funded daycare would be out of line to exclude older non-potty-trained kids (as long as it was medically proven that they need diapers as opposed to kids whose parents are too lazy to potty train), but I believe a private school or daycare has a right to limit who they wish to include in their program. Public schools have to accomodate disabilities, as they receive government funds for the aides, therapists, etc that help the children...private programs do not and, as such, may not be able to afford the extra staff necessary to assist the children with special needs. A church daycare is never going to get government funding for extra help. If someone has to be changing diapers on a child who is old enough to be out of diapers, that is one less person to do what is supposed to be done with the remaining children.

its true head start, and public schools cannot exclude a child on the basis of disabilities unless that child poses a risk of harming him/herself or others in which case the school district in which that child lives is financially responsible for sending the child to a school which can accomodate his/her needs. However private schools, private run preschools and day cares included, can impose any restrictions they desire in regards to enrollment, including a child being toilet trained. They can also deny children w/ special needs and it is NOT considered discrimination as they are a private company which one must pay to attend, and therefore is not considered "open to the public."

I disagree. A public school or government-funded daycare would be out of line to exclude older non-potty-trained kids.

And exactly how many public or government-funded daycare/preschool centers do you know of? I am not aware of any. Generally government child care (school) begins with Kindergarten at around age 5. Before that point children are either cared for at home or by a relative or sent to a private center. The private centers make their own rules. If they don't want to deal with diapers they don't have to, and there are more than enough kids around that even if their admission standards are strict as can be there will still be a line of people waiting to get in.

• Like 1

I would hope by now that the Pampers baby is toilet trained! I imagine him charing a board meeting with the rest of the share holders and saying, "Be back in a minute ladies and gentelmen.... my Pamper is starting to leak!"

I would hope by now that the Pampers baby is toilet trained! I imagine him charing a board meeting with the rest of the share holders and saying, "Be back in a minute ladies and gentelmen.... my Pamper is starting to leak!"

HEHEHEHEHEHE

head start is a 100% federal and state funded government pre school program which offers full day preschool/day care .... so yeah.. its government funded day care....

also if a daycare accepts state vouchers for childcare then they are considered gov't funded and have to abide by discrimination laws.....

And exactly how many public or government-funded daycare/preschool centers do you know of? I am not aware of any. Generally government child care (school) begins with Kindergarten at around age 5. Before that point children are either cared for at home or by a relative or sent to a private center. The private centers make their own rules. If they don't want to deal with diapers they don't have to, and there are more than enough kids around that even if their admission standards are strict as can be there will still be a line of people waiting to get in.

So apparently you've never heard of Head Start. It's a government-funded preschool program that I believe is aimed at children from low-income families. I don't really understand the point of the rest of your post, as it's pretty much a rewording of everything I already said.

I miss the pampers baby logo too, I don't know why they replaced it with the heart logo.

The Pampers baby is probably in his 50's by now and potty trained or has graduated to adult diapers.

in my openion the Pampers of the 70's and 80's are better then the ones they have now. :smiley-baby-boy:

Ok, the Pampers baby logo was just that - a real baby laying down like he's ready to go to sleep. He looks to be about a year old or less. Now, with diaper companies wanting to make as much profits as they can, over the years they've had to increase their customer base. One way to do that is to promote keeping your kids in diapers longer, hence Pampers size 7. Now, when people have 4 and 5 year olds still in diapers, it just dosn't make sense that they would have a picture of a one year old baby on a package of Pampers size 6 or 7. Therefore, get rid of the Pampers baby as a logo and replace it with something of a more general nature that can go on all sizes of diapers! That way, too, they can put different pictures of kids wearing the Pampers, kids who are babies for the smaller sizes and toddlers or older kids for the larger sizes. Look at Underjams and the older kids pictured on the packages! It's marketing falsly aimed to reassure parents that people all over the world keep their older kids in diapers and it's OK to do it, hence, the pictures of older kids on the packages. That dosn't make it right for the poor kids who aren't potty trained when they should be, but it's all about profits and marketing for diaper manufacturers.

• Like 1

After reading the original post and viewing the pictures, I've really been thinking how some parents for reasons perhaps unknown tend to keep their kids in diapers way past the age they should have been trained. AB/DL aside, I'm talking about actual kids here. It's actualy a form of child abuse to keep a kid in diapers well past the age they should be trained, barring some type of physical or mental disability that would necessitate diapers. Look at the PAMPERS photo and article from the very first post. It shows the daughter Michelle and her mother, Katrin Guthan who is an actual pre-school teacher (so you would think she might know better seeing it's her job to start teaching pre-schoolers to get them ready for their road of education that lays ahead). Now, what does the caption of that photo say? "Junior diapers fit too tight. They started to pinch and were hard to fasten." What does that tell you then? The kid is too big to still be wearing diapers! If even the junior diapers were too tight and hard to fasten, the kid should have already been toilet trained! Just looking at the picture of that poor girl shows she is pretty big and looks well past the age of having to be in diapers! She is standing tall and straight and looks to be close to 4 years old if not older. I also notice the baby crib in the backround and hope to all hope that it's for a second, younger child and not for this poor girl's usage! Hey, adults who choose to regress and act like babies are one thing, but to keep a normal child in diapers well past the age of toilet training is abusive, perhaps physically but for sure mentally! Granted, this is just one photo of one kid so I have no idea weather this child does have a physical handicap that requires her to wear a diaper. Let's assume that she does have a physical need to still be in diapers. If thats the case, then Pampers is exploiting the child's problem in order to make profits by showcasing her in her Pampers diaper in one of their articals and advertisements. I sure wish I could view the whole add and article to see just what the true situation with this mother and child is.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who ever noticed this, and it isn't just that ad, there are a number of ads that have aired over the years where at least one of the kids were obviously too old to be wearing diapers, but just cute as a button, and able to deliver a line or two on cue, making me wonder if their vicariously-living parents weren't so desperate to make a child star out of them that they'd insist to the talent scouts the children weren't potty trained just to get them a shot at a commercial...

Thankfully, we have yet to have a true "child star" ever happen out of a diaper commercial, so either these parents are chasing other avenues (junior pageants come to mind) or the companies have put their feet down and refused over certain age limits. I noticed when Huggies introduced their size 6, the kid was obviously just north of 3 and not particularly talkative - definitely a relief, considering the opportunity they had there to justify the "overgrown baby girl"...

• Like 1

It's not even recent! I remember at least 35 years ago seeing a commercial for a disposable diaper that showed a young black boy laying on his stomach in front of a TV watching a program, compleatly dressed. He smiled at the camera and waved at it as if to say "Hi" to everyone. I swear the kid was at least 4 years old and probably closer to 5. Yes, it was a commercial about diapers and the featured kid wearing them. Then there was a huggies commercial where the kid was with the family camping, the idea being "don't let the fact that you wear diapers keep you from camping with your parents". Of course, we've probably all seen the Goodnites commercials with the 10 year olds talking to the camera about bedwetting being hereditary and how it's just something that many kids do (and, of course how great it is to have goodnites to keep the bed dry and how it's no big deal). Companies have to sell their products and to do it they will try to convince people in any way they can that it's normal and perfectly acceptable to keep their kids in diapers or good nites. If it's a paid child actor like possibly the good nites kids, then I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think it's still explotation for the sake of selling diapers for kids too old to still be in them, but also parents have to take some of the blame. Even though some parents seem to be busy and work instead of being stay at home moms, it may be lazyness on their part sometimes. Maybe they think it's easier to just change diapers than start a toilet training program. Still, even if that is the case, it's the diaper companies who foster that thinking with commercials aimed at making it seem that it's perfectly normal to have 4 year olds still in diapers and that "everyone does it!"