LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Fire!

Well, i'm back online now. On December 5th at 6am My house caught fire. I woke up to see a lot of dark smoke and seconds later the smoke detector sounded it's alarm. I did all the proper things like staying low, and checking the door for heat then got out of the house and called 911. the firestation is just down the road a mile so they arrived within minutes. They rescued my cat, then they took chainsaws to the siding on the house and sprayed hoses into the walls. then they vented the smoke with some large fans. The damage was extensive, the wall was gone and the fire had spread through the raised flooring. the fire started in the furnace with a faulty heating element. but the important thing is that I and my cat are ok.

Wow, I'm sorry that your House had caught fire. That must've been really Tough. I'm glad that you & your Cat are okay though!

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2011!:D

Well, i'm back online now. On December 5th at 6am My house caught fire. I woke up to see a lot of dark smoke and seconds later the smoke detector sounded it's alarm. I did all the proper things like staying low, and checking the door for heat then got out of the house and called 911. the firestation is just down the road a mile so they arrived within minutes. They rescued my cat, then they took chainsaws to the siding on the house and sprayed hoses into the walls. then they vented the smoke with some large fans. The damage was extensive, the wall was gone and the fire had spread through the raised flooring. the fire started in the furnace with a faulty heating element. but the important thing is that I and my cat are ok.

What a terrible way to ruin your xmas. Hope things return to normal soon for ya!

What a terrible way to ruin your xmas. Hope things return to normal soon for ya!

Is there a nice way to ruin your Xmas?

I am already in a new house with a new roommate, bills and mail transferred and furniture moved, including ten cases of Kendall wings choice plus size extra large. Please stop sending them VA! I never thought I would ever have too many diapers. last time I telephoned them i got two cases of size XXXlarge Bariatric size. Okay I get the hint already, I'm overweight, I'm working on it.

• 8 months later...

Since this was resurrected, let me tell a little story about our fire. We had a 60+ year old hand turned wood lamp w/two bulbs that was made by my grandfather. It was on an end table next to a bookshelf where one of the cats often slept. It apparently shorted out, catching fire, panicking the cat who then knocked it over into the couch. Smoke alarm woke us. Couch and an expensive painting above were on fire. Fortunately, it hadn't got into the wall. Grabbed a bucket of water & put out the painting. Gave us time to bring in the garden hose and put out the couch.or I should say subdue it, killing the open flames. Dragged it out in the yard, it was one of those old "over stuffed horsehair" kind. Spent the next hour ripping it open and putting out new flames as the air reached the smoldering parts.

A former friend had her mothers ashes in a ceramic urn on the fireplace mantel. When her house burned to the ground the urn exploded. Try picking mom's ashes from all the rest, :o

Just be glad you didn't have to call 911! The house would have been on the ground before they figured out where your house is!

Had to call 911 once and spent 10 minutes telling them I wasn't in a town several miles sowthwest of me or a town 3 miles north of me.

I can't stress enough how scary it was to wake up and see and smell smoke, make sure your smoke detectors work! I did wake up seconds before the smoke detector in my case but it would have awakend me on time to get out safely even so. a ten dollar smoke detector could mean the difference between life and death, (not overly dramatc..much?) I still feel guilty that I did not stick around to find the cat, he made it out safely but if he hadn't I would have been devastated. Still, everyone says I did the right thing. The local fire department had a station just a few blocks away from my house and responded quickly, good job guys!

Also speak up if anyone wants Five cases of BariBriefs xxxlarge as they are going to be donated to goodwill this week! I am a big guy but these are at least two sizes too big for me. The VA switched the diapers they send finally and I am recieving Depend underwear for men. they are grey now, and look like some mottled camoflage print, I don't like them as much as the white ones.

The Depends aren't so bad, I've switched to them. The VA will set you up with something else if you take the right approach- there's a thread about how to do that here somewhere. Hope you're back to life as usual again. Many times the water used to extinguish the fire does more damage than the fire itself did, but what can you do?

And ditto on the smoke alarms. Remember to replace the units at least every ten years as they degrade over time, and replace the battery when you change the clocks for Daylight Saving time, twice a year. Many Fire Departments have cheap/free smoke detectors for distribution and some will even put new batteries in for free if you bring them the unit. These are the smartest life-saving invention since the seat belt!

BP

GreatNorth are you Aware that the VA will pay for ultra great quality CLOTH DIAPERS, LINERS, ONESE'S, PLASTC PANTS, BED PROTECTION You can find more info about this as well as the VA's Position and i think some of the forms you may need on the Angelfluff diapers website, and trust me i have been wearing there diapers for the last 6 1/2 years and i could not be happier or more satisfied than i am. I wear 24/7 and in general have no feeling what so ever that i'm going other than i start to feel a warm spot spreading sometimes its a little warm sometimes i get warm all over (meaning FLOOD) but i have never had a problem with a leak or failure , sometimes i know that i have flooded twice and its time to at the very least change out my liners and well doing that evaluate the diaper itself and decide is it to close to full i don't want to risk it or its fine just add 2 fresh liners and off you go,life in diapers in my opinion is a lot better in cloth, and as a child i was in disposables but as an incontinent adult i prefer cloth strange is it not.

Nappy