LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tassimo Vs. Keurig

At work we have a Keurig - I like the coffee and selection of the coffee and other drinks available. There are some really good products from a great deal of companies. In my corner of Canada they cost roughly $0.50-0.60 each, which to me seems like a lot of money for a cup of coffee that you make at home, though.

I was debating before the Holidays about which machine I would like - the selection for the Tassimo is less than stellar when it comes to traditional coffee, but the fact that it makes latte's and cappuccino makes it more palatable. When it comes to drinking plain old coffee, I typically don't stray too far from the basics - so the large selection that Keurig has to offer wasn't really a selling factor. My local grocer sells Nabob and Maxwell House for the Tassimo, and it costs a little more than half of what the k-cups cost. What really sold me on the Tassimo, though, was the Chai Tea Latte. I used to love these from Starbucks years ago. The Tassimo has a them from Twinnings Tea - It's a two step process, make the tea, and then use the latte cup to top it off. They're really good, though they cost about $1.00 each (helluva lot cheaper than Starbucks).

Needless to say, I bought the Tassimo - and I'm glad I made that choice. The coffee is good and fresh every time and the Chai Tea Lattes are just wonderful! Any hey - the Tassimo machines are reasonably priced and are made my Bosch. It's my first Bosch appliance, but I've got some of their power tools. If I have the same luck with this machine as I do with their tools, I'll be one happy, caffeinated boy.

Does anybody else have a Tassimo or Keurig? Likes, dislikes, suggestions? Does anybody know of any place they can buy the cups or discs online?

I use a range-top aluminum pot

1. I can adjust the strength by the scoop I have had for years and years

2. I can adjust the heat; 200 degress Farenhiet is the best. This leaches the prime flavor oils ot and "cooks" them,, neither underdoing them or burning them. Higher temperatures also realease bitter oils

3. MOST IMPORTANTLY; and this is why I gave up on fancy-smancy coffee makers a quarter of a century ago. I CAN CLEAN 100% OF IT So I know what I have

For coffee I usually use Maxwell House Original but I can use just about anything. If you want to be adventuresome you can try blending your own. Once you know what you are doing, you will find that the optimum taste comes from blends

A little practice and you can get what you want. You learn to tell by the scent. I can tell if coffie is underdone

I can put whatever I want in it later, I've made it with Cinnamon, Ginger and Nutmeg. Sometimes I drop a scoop of French Vanilla ice cream on it

I can also mix blends using a mild roast and a Latin roast. 100 Columbian coffie is weak. It is grown at high altittutes whinh menas the air is thin and thw soil usuall poor. I would live to find a Brazilina coffee which seems to have vanished from the US. The coffies of 40-60 years ago in the US were a blend of Brazilian for kick and a mild Mexican for body. Americans could not handle pure Brizilian coffee. We are also using African coffies like Angolan Some Latin blend coffies get their oomf by roasting to the point of burning: I can smell it.

If you do it right, you do not need any of the effete stuff than use with coffee now and you would not be hoodwinked by los snobbos like Starbuck

Christine;

I have no doubt you can make a better cup of coffee than I could with my fancy machine, but I've got to level with you: I'm lazy. I just want a quick, hassle free fresh cup of coffee when I want it. I'm the only one in the house that drinks coffee, so a single cup brewer make sense for me.

DD;

Nothing for T-Discs on Green Mountain - though we get it and Timothy's at work and it is good.

+1 for the Tassimo. I was also sold on the Latte and Cappuccino drinks as well. The Chai tea is awesome!!!!

I'm not knocking the Keurig machine either. If they upgrade their selection to include Latte's and Cappuccino's then I'll likely buy one of those too.

Christine;

I have no doubt you can make a better cup of coffee than I could with my fancy machine, but I've got to level with you: I'm lazy. I just want a quick, hassle free fresh cup of coffee when I want it. I'm the only one in the house that drinks coffee, so a single cup brewer make sense for me.

DD;

Nothing for T-Discs on Green Mountain - though we get it and Timothy's at work and it is good.

When I do not feel up to it or just want a quick one, there is a Nescafe instant (freeze dried) with a dark brown label and top that is better than most machine-brewed. The trouble I have with machine-brewed is that it is undercooked because the temperature is usually 180 degress F and cleaning tghe machie thoroughly is not possible. I had two machines in the 1980. After awhile the coffee tasted strange, I followed the cleaning instrucits and it only improved a bit. I also have misgivings about platic baskets since these are chemically complex materials and any non-reactive plastics are very expensive. I could live on the Nescafe for a while and have.

Tasters' Choice is OK but not great. It was hot stuff in 1975 because it was the first freeze dried instant, which menant iw was made from real brewed coffee but it has not advanced over the lat 35 years Folgers is overrated, for some reason Nescafe found the best formula

I also do not like the flavored coffees because the flavoring, especiall French Vanilla and Hazelnut overwhelm the coffee

I'm still looking for a "Ms Coffee" machine, preferably in dark green with pink accents to match my kitchen decor :roflmao: Till then her aging dark brown hubby will do :whistling: When I can afford it I like a blend of half Colombian beans with whatever flavors strike my fancy- something nutty and something fruity or berry-flavored :thumbsup: When times are tight (like now) any strong cheap coffee will do as long as the beans aren't over-roasted and bitter (which seems to be the case with most coffees from the NW :o ) I've had the best- Jamaican Blue and Kona B) and I like an occasional espresso or cappuccino, but for my daily coffee just make it strong and not bitter; add a bit of sweetness; and I'm happy :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

When I do not feel up to it or just want a quick one, there is a Nescafe instant (freeze dried) with a dark brown label and top that is better than most machine-brewed. The trouble I have with machine-brewed is that it is undercooked because the temperature is usually 180 degress F and cleaning tghe machie thoroughly is not possible. I had two machines in the 1980. After awhile the coffee tasted strange, I followed the cleaning instrucits and it only improved a bit. I also have misgivings about platic baskets since these are chemically complex materials and any non-reactive plastics are very expensive. I could live on the Nescafe for a while and have.

Tasters' Choice is OK but not great. It was hot stuff in 1975 because it was the first freeze dried instant, which menant iw was made from real brewed coffee but it has not advanced over the lat 35 years Folgers is overrated, for some reason Nescafe found the best formula

I also do not like the flavored coffees because the flavoring, especiall French Vanilla and Hazelnut overwhelm the coffee

I'm not a huge instant coffee fan - not sure why, just don't really like it. Doesn't taste fresh to me. More than likely something to do with the freeze drying process. You're concerned about the chemicals in plastics but not aluminum? They're both linked to different diseases and issues - but then again, it seems everything is linked to a disease these days.

Flavoured coffees... If I want Irish cream - which isn't very often - I'll just put some Bailey's in it. Some of it is okay, but for the most part I'd just as soon drink the real deal.

As far as cleaning goes, I know you can't take them apart and clean the insides, but the Tassimo comes with a cleaning disc which you run through it's cycles without brewing, and the Keurig you can run it without a cup to clean it out. The Tassimo seems to purge itself of water each cycle, so there is no standing water left in the machine. The Keurig, on the other hand, (I think) keeps the water hot in a reservoir inside as well as the tank on the outside. I've always found that the first cup of coffee at work after the weekend tastes bad. I've taken to running it through 3 or 4 cycles without a k-cup to get fresh water into the machine before I make coffee with it on a Monday.

I'm still looking for a "Ms Coffee" machine, preferably in dark green with pink accents to match my kitchen decor

I'm really surprised that Kitchen Aid doesn't make at least a pink one. They make pink everything else it seems. I'm not sure you'll find one with dark green accents, though. Perhaps a visit to the local hardware store for some spray paint. :P

The claims made about aluminum cookware and diseases have not stood up to scientific scruity. These are rumors based on suppostion derived from a relation between dietary aluminum and Alzheimer's from 30+ years agl. We have used aluminum cookware for 700 years

The media ought to be brought to heel and held accountable for the bad science and outright falsehoods they spread, probably knowingly and certainy well capapble of being known by any honest reporter. None of this is nuclear physics

Have a Keurig and love it! I buy my cups direct from Green Mountain Coffee's website, or locally at bed Bath and Beyond

IF you happen to be a Costco member...you can get a great variety of K-cups off their website. 108 K-cups = $47.00, free shipping. Much much cheaper than Green Mountain or Bloodbath & beyond. Just wanted to pass on the info.

I like our Kuerig, but I'll take my professional style Bunn when it comes to speed, a full pot in 2-3 minutes, love this puppy.

I have a Mr. Coffee and use Maxwell House coffee.

At work we have a Keurig - I like the coffee and selection of the coffee and other drinks available. There are some really good products from a great deal of companies. In my corner of Canada they cost roughly $0.50-0.60 each, which to me seems like a lot of money for a cup of coffee that you make at home, though.

I was debating before the Holidays about which machine I would like - the selection for the Tassimo is less than stellar when it comes to traditional coffee, but the fact that it makes latte's and cappuccino makes it more palatable. When it comes to drinking plain old coffee, I typically don't stray too far from the basics - so the large selection that Keurig has to offer wasn't really a selling factor. My local grocer sells Nabob and Maxwell House for the Tassimo, and it costs a little more than half of what the k-cups cost. What really sold me on the Tassimo, though, was the Chai Tea Latte. I used to love these from Starbucks years ago. The Tassimo has a them from Twinnings Tea - It's a two step process, make the tea, and then use the latte cup to top it off. They're really good, though they cost about $1.00 each (helluva lot cheaper than Starbucks).

Needless to say, I bought the Tassimo - and I'm glad I made that choice. The coffee is good and fresh every time and the Chai Tea Lattes are just wonderful! Any hey - the Tassimo machines are reasonably priced and are made my Bosch. It's my first Bosch appliance, but I've got some of their power tools. If I have the same luck with this machine as I do with their tools, I'll be one happy, caffeinated boy.

Does anybody else have a Tassimo or Keurig? Likes, dislikes, suggestions? Does anybody know of any place they can buy the cups or discs online?