LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Saw You

The fact is, after a certain point, being overweight is a serious health issue. My wife is overweight and fighting hard to overcome a childhood and young adulthood where food was the focus of nearly every enjoyable occasion. Every travel destination, every special occasion, FOOD. On the other hand, her mother and sister say "I've tried every diet, this is just how I am."

True, there is probably a metabolism defect at the root of their family tendency toward obesity. Nevertheless, the fact is that my wife is down to 170 from 200, through removing 'non-foods' from her diet, handling her diabetes properly, and an exercise regimen including WEIGHT TRAINING. She's shooting for 140, which she believes will be somewhere near her ideal weight. I don't expect her to look like a model, nor would I WANT that. Anyway, she's proof that her family mantra of 'it's not my fault' isn't true.

Both my mom and uncle are severely overweight, and depression isn't helping the situation. They're constantly complaining that they can't lose weight, and every time I ask, "Are you doing any weight training?" They always say no.

While I pity those who have problems with obesity and may even be trying to change that...I have no choice but to think there are only a very small fraction of them that have the right to say they really can't change. You don't have to be a size 0, but it is fairly clear how your body is supposed to be.

• Like 1

heheheh fatass..... hey i'm fat... and i still laugh at other fat people who clearly can't dress themselves.... its disgusting..... at least in my personal opinion.....

course i think thin people in too tight clothing or too short clothing or too low cut clothing is also disgusting...

but then again i think i a little old fashion in that sense...

hehehh fat people ARE funny...

in the immortal words of chris griffin " if i didn't laugh at myself, i'd be dead by now"

• Like 1

It may come off as judgmental cruel and callous, however how a group is viewed within a giving society is based on the objective view of many individuals. If we step back for one second and put the man in a thong instead of a diaper, how quickly does our own Ab/DL subculture objective view change. It comes off as those defending the poorly kept individual are doing so because he may be into this life and misunderstood or socially apnic. If he was just a slovenly male, alone, milling about a pack of families and children the majority if not all would recognize this for what it is, someone who is out of place and needs to be removed from the situation. For the type of socially sanctioned gathering he is not socially acceptable to fit in. Now before people jump down my throat about individuality and people need to accept people for who they are, the fact of the matter is humans do not work that way. We form groups, the unkept man did not fit into that group, and just because he had a diaper do not defend him and lump him into ours. That way of thinking is just as destructive to our own image of ourselves as it is to the rest of society's groups view of us.

As far as the overweight thing is concerned. People are overweight and few people can do nothing about it. Obesity is a rampant disease right now and lack of education on health, proper diet, lack of physical activity are helping the infection spread. There is a lot a person can do to control there weight. Add poor hygiene on to obese and yes, that is largely not acceptable to be in society so unkempt.

• Like 1

How you look at things changes the things you see ;) The person you described isn't a pretty picture if your assessment of their motivation is correct :huh: I don't like our community publicly portrayed in any negative fashion :bash: But I also value freedom of expression and if someone wants to do this they shouldn't be hated -_- Now if this person wasn't as you saw them, and indeed didn't wish exposure, then your perspective created something bad when it didn't exist before and in that you'd be wrong :o

I'm still at a loss as to what to think about people who give our community bad public exposure. I detest those who do it intentionally but it's their right so I can't justify doing anything more than trying to get them to stop doing it via argument and explanation :angel_not: I don't lose sleep over it or let it become something overwhelming- it's just one more thing that I cannot fully understand among many such things in life :whistling: I'll stay out of the obesity argument save for one comment- as long as you're not unhealthy because of your weight and it isn't bothering you there is no problem. I don't like my 'extra ballast' but it's not too bad :blush: I'd like to lose it but if I don't it's not an issue for me. If you don't like that then the problem is yours :rant:

Maybe the answers will come someday and maybe not. In the meantime I have better things to do that I can accomplish, so off I go to deal with those things B)

Bettypooh

140 is underweight for females.

Not always. It depends on a person's height, and probably build too.

I am 5'1, and my body is biologically female. My "healthy weight" range is 98 to 132 lbs - and this is a figure I was given by my doctor as well as BMI charts.

As far as the overweight thing is concerned. People are overweight and few people can do nothing about it. Obesity is a rampant disease right now and lack of education on health, proper diet, lack of physical activity are helping the infection spread. There is a lot a person can do to control there weight. Add poor hygiene on to obese and yes, that is largely not acceptable to be in society so unkempt.

I can't agree more. I used to be clinically obese, and it took work to undo it...However, I was able to. Sure, genetics, thyroid, and whatever else definitely can play a part in the difficulty of weight loss, but it's nothing that can't be at least partially overcome. I have no actual figure, but I think actions and lifestyle affect weight a lot more than genetics.

</hijack>

~ moogle

..I think actions and lifestyle affect weight a lot more than genetics.

</hijack>

~ moogle

This part :thumbsup: Nearly everyone can do at least some weight loss if they truly try ;) For some it's not as easy as it is for others, but hey, that applies to everything about us in life!

Strive to be healthy because you're worth the effort :wub:

Bettypooh- Someone who could stand a 10% weight loss :o Double that and I'd have a figure to die for like I once did :angel_not: Going for the 10%- wish me luck (and keep that chocolate away from me, you hear? :roflmao: )

I am 5'1, and my body is biologically female. My "healthy weight" range is 98 to 132 lbs - and this is a figure I was given by my doctor as well as BMI charts.

I can't agree more. I used to be clinically obese, and it took work to undo it...However, I was able to. Sure, genetics, thyroid, and whatever else definitely can play a part in the difficulty of weight loss, but it's nothing that can't be at least partially overcome. I have no actual figure, but I think actions and lifestyle affect weight a lot more than genetics.

</hijack>

~ moogle

The BMI is an antiquated statistical model with no scientific evidence (not even statistical evidence) to back it. ;) While you are correct in that there are many more factors, the BMI does not accommodate these.

There are factors that genetics play which cannot be controlled in any way, bone mass is a huge one that varies between families and regional genetic traits. Others include bone structure (some people are actually "big boned") and fat purity. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat, enough to make a pretty big difference. But for those who just look fat there can be too many factors to consider, thus why I never judge them (but I do make fun of us skinny folk a lot). The problem I have with the focus on "fat" people is that rail thin is not healthy either, yet in order to fit into the BMI people are starving themselves ... and I'm sorry, but skeletons are far less attractive than blobs. :P If I can see your rib cage ... I have to hold back vomit ... and for many people that's the only way they can fit into what is considered "healthy".

BettyPooh hit my original point dead on, just she worded it much better than I did. ^_^

Doctors and charts don't know a damn thing about healthy weights, they have all been skewed by the media and popular culture. It is popular and "hip" to be skinny, but it has gone too far. The weights doctors are suggesting that people maintain are very unhealthy and can be detrimental to your life in the long run. Take 20lbs and add it to anything you read, that will give you a more realistic target. 5'1, 120-150lbs.

Shame on you! You are judgemental and cruel. How do you know this person did it on purpose? Did you talk to him? Tell him that he was "showing"? Maybe he would have appreciated the help. You didn't know what was really going on, you simply jumped to conclusions. Get off your high horse and have some human compassion.

-DR

Absolutely! What kind of trash is this? Makes the poster look like a complete anti. Maybe he is. And yet many people backed it? Maybe it's just a wind-up. I can't seriously believe someone would have sick and judgemental opinions such as this.

Doctors and charts don't know a damn thing about healthy weights, they have all been skewed by the media and popular culture. It is popular and "hip" to be skinny, but it has gone too far. The weights doctors are suggesting that people maintain are very unhealthy and can be detrimental to your life in the long run. Take 20lbs and add it to anything you read, that will give you a more realistic target. 5'1, 120-150lbs.

I totally agree with you that the charts are bovine excrement but it works both ways! According to the calculators, my BMI is 16.7. Most charts are no good because for my height, they don't go down to my weight (5'11"/120lbs). So according to the numbers, I should have health problems from being underweight. Well guess what? I don't :P Every time I see a new GP, they tend to comment that I'm underweight and ask some questions about my diet to see if I'm malnourished or something. When they learn I have a relatively balanced and healthy diet with very little processed crap (can't eat most of it), they say "Oh, okay, that's fine then" and leave me alone.

The thing is, first, the charts are designed for "most people" not everyone and second, too many people see BMI as the be all and end all of healthy weight when in fact, it's nothing more than guidance.

Absolutely! What kind of trash is this? Makes the poster look like a complete anti. Maybe he is. And yet many people backed it? Maybe it's just a wind-up. I can't seriously believe someone would have sick and judgemental opinions such as this.

Irony much? :whistling:

as a long time diaper wearer i am always making sure my diapers are not exposed my shirt is always tucked in just right and my belt is always on to keep my pants on.... sometime when you bend down things slip a bit but if you are conscience than you will know and fix it... i have yet to come home and find my diaper was exposed and don't believe someone walking down a street would'nt know. there are however accidents that could give you away such as leaks and odors... crinkle sounds etc so some accidents happen.

as for fat ,skinny, and clothing..... i don't understand how people can make such bad judgments in clothing you should know your body and what looks good FOR YOU just because some people can wear spandex does not mean you should (YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BUT...) but as with websites such as http://poorlydressed.failblog.org/ or http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/ its obviouse people cant...(SAD) so we will have to live with that ... but we can still make fun....(my wife came home from work in a terrible outfit just yesterday... she said that the people in her office "loved it" i said "because i love you i tell you the truth." i know that the people in her office probably took a photo and put it on a website somewhere...)

and while im at it ... for those people taht get so upseat at peole misspelin ....words get over it...

Wonder what this post would have read had it been some hot guy, in shape with a full head of hair? The overweight, short, middle aged bald man wearing glasses can be doing nothing wrong and people with still walk buy in disgust and stereotype him into a dirty perv. Think Jason Alexander of Seinfeld. Yeah, it's society. I realize this guy was obviously wearing a diaper but hell, it was a crappy pull-up that to ALL of the incontinent supplying companies will say are "underwear". Yeah, I know, it's truly a diaper but a poor one at that. I live in a northern climate and I see dozens of people everyday out in the freezing cold wearing what I feel is less than they should but a lot of people wear what they have or can afford, don't care what the temp is and will wear whatever, or the cold just simply doesn't bother them. Hell, the other day we had a snow storm and I saw a guy snowblowing in cut-off sweatpants made into shorts!!! Whatever I say. Anyway, go sit in the mall and people watch and you'll see plenty of people not wearing what you may feel like as appropriate attire. No worse is it then a chicks boobs that are overflowing her shirt, belly and love handles spilling out of ones pants (aka muffin top), a kinky outfit, leather pants, whatever it may be, people slut it up in their clothing all the time and put it out there for people to see and hope it's getting them attention. It likely gets them off no different then how you're assuming it's getting this guy off. Sure, he's in a crowd of children but who's to say that was his fetish, malls are full of kids too with slutty dressed women and tits falling out of shirts too. At least this guy I guess was covering up his parts, but I guess showing off what he was covering them up with. Anyway, lots of assumtions (ass-u-me) and apparently nobody else noticed or cared enough anyway.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1

I have been wearing diapers longer then most of you here have been alive.When i first started showing off my diapers in public i was 16.And that was 42 years ago.I first started doing it for kicks.Mainly to see the looks on peoples faces.Even as i got older and the tens of 1,000's times people saw me not one ever called me a pervert.And beleave me i have talked to 100's of people over the years.If you do it in the right way most people dont even care.I have heard more people here complain about people who show off thair diapers in public then i ever did well i was doing it.So the point i am trying to get accross is that it our owen comunity that dose the most complaining.THE PUBLIC dose not care. So that my two cents

• Like 1

I have been wearing diapers longer then most of you here have been alive.When i first started showing off my diapers in public i was 16.And that was 42 years ago.I first started doing it for kicks.Mainly to see the looks on peoples faces.

Yeah but according to the author if it's to be taken at all seriously you are sooo in the wrong for doing that, what's worse is that a board that says it's a support forum can allow someone to write such a bigoted and disrespectful tirade.

And think about how great the world would be if all the highway rest stops had posies and daisies, in which you could frolick with your newfound friend, Davy Doubletap?

It's clear to me that you don't understand, so just leave it. :\

. . .what's worse is that a board that says it's a support forum can allow someone to write such a bigoted and disrespectful tirade.

Sometimes Tough Love and Truth are just the support one needs!

And furthermore, I get numerous positive responses from my 'tirades' each time I lay one down, so there.

• Like 3

All fat people should be rounded up and sent to re-education camps to fit the socially acceptable norms. Norms like enjoying wearing diapers. Thats normal as long as your not fat right?

My opinion is that people shouldn't be showing off their diapers and such in public regardless of their weight. You should cover your fat, skinny, tight, beautiful, ugly, etc ass up regardless.

• Like 1

You're middle aged; pretty hefty and looking like Fatguy-in-a-little-coat. Your chimo glasses are huge and you're balding.

Now I want you to contemplate what individuals like yourself are doing for our community's image: Fat, balding, ugly, middle-aged man cruising through a crowd of parents and children while his XL pullup is intentionally exposed for all to see.

Would it be OK if said person was a thin, gorgeous, 20-something chick? I mean really, a diaper worn for the sole purpose of getting one's jollies off is the same, no matter who's wearing it, right? Sure, I totally agree that it's rude and obnoxious, but does it matter that it's a "fat, balding, ugly, middle-aged man"? I really don't see how looks play into this at all. Just because someone else might look better in a diaper doesn't mean it's not wrong for them to do the same thing.

• Like 1

Would it be OK if said person was a thin, gorgeous, 20-something chick?

Of course, aesthetics are everything. It's especially true when we are looking at public opinion. If somebody's visage doesn't cause shock and outrage, then there isn't any harm being done at all.

I mean, if somebody is athletic and fit, they wear clothes appropriate to their body type. If somebody is very large and out of shape, well then different things are expected of them. I understand that what I am saying breaks down when we look at individuals, but the topic in question is inherently related to social morality, not individual morality.