LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Iphone Vs Androis Vs Blackberry

DailyDi

Very good, I seriously can not see owning a phone like a smart phone.

I could have one but I see no need for a phone that does anything but what my old phone does, rings and I talk to whomever is on the other end.

Agree, agree, agree, agree, agree!!!!! It's a phone, it needs to ring, be answered, talk into it and hang up. Several family members have smart phones, and they all look as dumb as jackasses checking their phone every two minutes for whatever the hell it is they are looking at. Quite rude.

Yup, that pretty much sums it up. as others have said, these things are basically useless and are really a social nuisance! I have a phone, I use it to make and receive calls thats what it is for! :P

I have a digital camera, I use it to take high quality pictures for various uses :P

I have a desk top computer (which I am using to post this message) it's almost 9 years old but does what I ned it to do..

I don't need some pocket sized gizmo that has a million possible ring tones and still has questionable reception (depending on the carrier) and takes crappy pictures and that you need a pen or some other item smaller then your finger (and that can be easily lost) to type on the built in keypad(?)

I guess 'technology' is nice, but I see much of it as basically useless 'toys' for people who 'might' have more money than brains.

They are all essentially useless status symbols that really don't mean anything....and 'really' do less.

So whats the point :P

Meh ... we all love our toys, some are just more expensive than others. My toys are collector's books and dollies, as for a phone, I had a cellphone once ... got so sick of it I just tossed it into the Sound and never got another one.

I have no need for a smart phone. My only device with a camera in it is my camera. lol. I have a prepaid phone from Alltel that has voice mail and texting. It has gotten thrown across the room and kicked 20 feet across a parking lot and still works great. Drop a smart phone and it's dead.

I don't have a facebook so I don't need to be on the internet 5 times a minute. Same with twitter.

If my dad didn't give the 'other' Android to me, I would just have a basic cell phone that I use for actual phone calls and texting. Without the droid, I'd need to be at work longer or visit the library to get my DD fix. The droid is mainly used for internet and GPS. Only my dad knows the number to the droid, so if it's not him calling, it doesn't get answered.

hehe, me too :)

Hear they are already working on the iphone5, but I probably won't upgrade. Rumor is they are changing the design again because of the whiners and the fact that they can't figure out how to do the white 4... but I really like this glass one, so keeping it!

I've brought every iPhone since launch ~ even imported the EDGE Model which wasn't even released here XD So I'll buy the next one, too ~ tho I do agree; I adore the current glass design. On the topic of the white one, there are apparently "white conversion kits" available from dubious asian sources that package up the materials straight from Apples OEM factories to 'convert' your iPhone 4 to black. Could be a fun project!~

Yep, but the white ones still have the problem of the flash leaking into the camera and washing out pics, so unless you just plain want one, I'd stick with the black. I like the black one better anywho.

Smart phones are making the business world go around. Like them or not, they are useful to many that have plenty of brains.

Get a phone that suits you needs and don't worry about what anyone wants or needs.

BTW Mike, that picture is hilarious. :roflmao:

Yeah, and look at the shape the business world is in. Smartphones, dumb people.

• Like 1

Yup...sure can see the difference between "Digital Native" and not! Anyone who thinks a phone should just be used for making phone calls doesn't:

1) Get many emails

2) listen to music

3) Play games

4) Have many contacts with multipe contact options

5) Have a boat and need weather maps cheap

6) Ever need to look up a store address and get directions/phone #/inventory status etc etc

7) Text message anyone

8) Watch movies or TV anywhere they want to

9) I could go on....

My dad is not a digital native, but he's slowly learning the usefulness of his iphone. He now has most of his fav music on it, lots of games (bridge being his fav)....but still doesn't get the whole texting concept...he always just calls even if it is to ask a question with a simple answer. But he's getting there....

Yes, these phones are changing the way we interact, but this is no different that the advent of phones initially....the old folks will never understand and just call them "stupid"....their loss.

• Like 1

A few of us that use Smartphones pioneered the technology to make it all work. The older people don't want to understand it. The younger people use it with little clue of what makes it work. It guess we're not all perfect. :roflmao:

What? I wasn't paying attention, I was harvesting crops on Farmville for the iPhone.

Guest NaughtyAshes

1) Get many emails

2) listen to music

3) Play games

6) Ever need to look up a store address and get directions/phone #/inventory status etc etc

7) Text message anyone

9) I could go on....

1) Can do on my computer.

2) Home stereo/portable music device.

3) Who cares...y'all need to learn to read a book.

4) I do own an address book

5) I don't have a boat, you got me there!

6) Ever called information, and the business?

7) Text messaging is the brain numbing of society. I can make a phone call just fine.

8) Once again, learn to read, or learn to live to be alone with your own thoughts. Smartphone people are like bugs on a lamp.

9) So could I.

They call it a smart phone, so you can be dumb.... ;)

Yup...sure can see the difference between "Digital Native" and not! Anyone who thinks a phone should just be used for making phone calls doesn't:

1) Get many emails

2) listen to music

3) Play games

7) Text message anyone

9) I could go on....

My dad is not a digital native, but he's slowly learning the usefulness of his iphone. He now has most of his fav music on it, lots of games (bridge being his fav)....but still doesn't get the whole texting concept...he always just calls even if it is to ask a question with a simple answer. But he's getting there....

Yes, these phones are changing the way we interact, but this is no different that the advent of phones initially....the old folks will never understand and just call them "stupid"....their loss.

Take out the "t" in that ... because this is where it gets interesting. Some people also prefer their phone be more reliable in case of emergencies, doing everything you mentioned drains power ... but that's not even the big thing ... here goes (I know I'm going to get smacked around for this but it's true) ... some people prefer the greatest MMO to have ever been created in all time and the universe .... real life. Yes, there are still some of us who go out to actually go out. It's actually the primary reason I don't have a cellphone at all, when I'm out shopping I don't want my music interrupted by a phone call, don't want it ringing while I'm busy talking to a cashier or sale rep, don't need some idiot trying to sell me weather stripping on the phone when I'm in the hardware store, and most importantly, don't want or need everyone listening in on my personal conversations over the phone. I'm lucky enough to live in a big city where emergencies are infrequent and so many people have cellphones I'll just mug someone for one if I need to (only if I can't find a pay phone or flag down one of the many cops, honest). Instead of wasting my money on a device I simply don't want, I spend it upgrading my computers, or buy 100 PS2 video games, or 10 NDS games (I like some of the titles for the NDS), upgrade my web hosting plan, or rent 500 movies. I have an MP3 player ... it's old and small but it works and when I'm out and about that's all I have time for. There's so much out in the real world to enjoy, if not for my computer addiction I'd be out there every day.