LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Crib Sleeping

Just wondering how many ABs would like sleeping in a crib. Well, that depends on how big it is, so let me be clear, I'm thinking of a crib built around a twin mattress, not trying to get a good night's sleep in a real baby crib.

Next question is how serious are you about owning an oversized crib? It's one thing to like the idea, but quite another to actually follow through. Cost is a consideration, but just being able to live with it is another, and potentially a deal breaker. I would love a crib, but I can't think of how to hide it. Basically, you can't. Your lifestyle either allows you to have it, like you have a bed, or it doesn't. If it was just me and my wife, I'd be in a crib, but there are children who absolutely don't need to be wondering about the big crib.

Obviously, cribs break down, you buy them that way, then take them home and put them together. You could conceivably disassemble your crib and hide it when necessary. But how easily does a large crib hide, even disassembled? I just don't see owning a crib as being 'easy', unless you are able to treat it like you would any other bed in your home. So that's maybe the question: How many of you could own a crib and not have to hide it?

Thanks for the replies.

P.S. Don't forget the cleaning lady (metaphorically speaking). What I mean is please think hard about the feasibility of a large crib being in your home. I don't think there's really a difference between one and something like stocks used in BDSM. You leave them up and either it's not a problem or it potentially is (your cleaning lady quits!)

Guest Saturnine

I am not that devoted to the lifestyle. I like sleeping in a normal bed. Sleeping in a crib seems way to inconvenient because it limits your mobility. See, that's why babies sleep in cribs, they don't know falling is bad. Adults sleep in a crib, then it's just a bed with walls, which is completely unneccesary. I prefer mobility of a normal bed. And I don't have the time to take out of my day to build an adult sized crib. And diapers are easier to conceal than an obviously oversized crib. You can mask diaper wearing with a lie of incontinence. You can't mask sleeping in a crib with anything other than you want to be a baby again.

Normal beds FTW.

id love a crib itd fit perfectly into my life as i have my own house and 2bedrooms so i could easily keep my bedroom locked and no1 would know bout it except my dad who knows im into the abdl thing i had chance to get crib but decided not to get 1 for awhile as the price was 2much for me so i decorated my bedroom in winnie the pooh them with everything winnie the pooh but i do plan on getting 1 sometime down the line or learning how to build 1 when i have bit more time in life to do it

I have slept in an oversized crib a couple of times, it is a must if you can. Not an AB mainly a DL, however given the chance I took it and spent a week in a crib for naps and night time sleeping. Normal size crib would be impossible.... I have seen on this website people who build full size cribs... maybe they can help you out and put you in contact with people who make these. Or make one yourself...

They also make adult diaper changers as well.... hope this helps

STAY DIAPERED

Guest Saturnine

Yea for the most part we just like diapers. If you want to talk to people more to your extreme baby liking, go to perhaps the sissy forum. I see for the most part people here just like diapers, not really going to the extremes of sleeping in a crib, which would be hard to explain if your children found their dad sleeping in a crib.

Trainwreck!! :drive1:

Actually, a crib built around a California queen-sized mattress (extra length) gives one the feeling of being "little", especially if the sides are at least five feet higher than the mattress. Six feet is better. In order for that to work the mattress and box spring need to sit on the floor, or very close to it. Instead of sides that lower, the footboard can become the gate, allowing easy access, and allowing it to be locked closed from the outside with a key. Crib pads need to be at least twenty-four inches high and about four inches thick and a mobile can be hung from the ceiling. Inside the crib one can crawl, stand, sit, and sleep comfortably, all while feeling quite small. The cost for such a crib is high.

I think the most feasible way to have crib that you could hide is custom build one around your normal bed. If you are crafty you build one that breaks down and you can hide it in a closet. Probably the least intrusive version would be one made purely of pvc pipe that you just tear down when you want to hide it.

You could just use T connectors and cut pipe to the height you need with another one for going between the bars. Take it apart and people might wonder why you have all this PVC pipe, but wouldn't have a clue that it was for making an adult crib.

Lolz if you had a big enough closet build a wall inside to section it off and install a door with both a keypad lock and biometric lock. Then store the disassembled crib in there.

When I move out I probably will do the PVC pipe idea and then I can just have a locked closet to hide it.

I'm no AB, but sleeping in crib just makes me feel secure and certainly brings you mind back to when you had no worries. I do enjoy some AB things, but acting like one doesn't entice me. I like my teddy, pacifier, bottles, and think it would be awesome to be breast feed. So guess you could say I like to be able to act as adult, but with out all the worries that goes with being one.

It would be a good idea, if you could remove the walls and disguise as a four post bed, or just a normal double bed with the panel and posts having storage under the bed.

I'm not into it at all, but how about if the sides could somehow detatch at the top of the rails and then the whole sides could be hinged at the bottom and just fold down UNDERthe bed to hide them? Then you could just pull them out and snap the top part in place and they would be ready to go.

This:

....You could just use T connectors and cut pipe to the height you need with another one for going between the bars. Take it apart and people might wonder why you have all this PVC pipe, but wouldn't have a clue that it was for making an adult crib.

and this:

I'm not into it at all, but how about if the sides could somehow detatch at the top of the rails and then the whole sides could be hinged at the bottom and just fold down UNDERthe bed to hide them? Then you could just pull them out and snap the top part in place and they would be ready to go.

got me thinking :) PVC would be very do-able and with 3 way corner connectors being readily available anyone could make crib walls that would break down and slide under the bed, as long as they were no taller than the bed was wide ;)

So OK, who's going to be first? :P We want pics and a review :rolleyes:

Bettypooh

Guest Saturnine

Tons of thought going into this it seems. I wouldn't go through all the trouble of building a disposable crib. Too much work. I would use my imagination and pretend I'm in a crib and pretend I couldn't get out. Because see, we are adults and can take things apart so the helplessness factor isn't there when we ourselves can get out of the situation. Real babies can't do anything. Solution to this is to have someone chain you down to the bed, rig a paci to stay in your mouth, and put the hands in restraint gloves. Only then can a crib serves it's purpose for an adult.

I bought a baby crib on craigslist for $50. I can sleep on my side in it pretty good, but I only use it once every couple weeks (But I indulge in my AB lifestyle daily.) When I do sleep in it, I just love the feeling. I have a playpen too that I use from time to time but not for sleeping.

In regards to keeping this stuff out of the way, I have my own house with no children, and most of my baby stuff is kept in a downstairs bedroom.

About how much can a conventional baby crib hold?

I guess it could be retrofitted with plywood (and maybe some floor supports)

I prefer the old school fold away play pens myself.

post-194-000106100 1283023816_thumb.jpg

post-194-000106100 1283023816_thumb.jpg

I would imagine you could lock it in place via something that would come with it and attach or screw to your bed. Then just unlock it, take it off, and fold it. This would work well, assuming the locking part was hidden under a sheet most of the time, or you have an excuse. Obviously this kind of crib would not be one you climb out of. It would have to lock in a way one could open from the inside easily. Perhaps for those BD/SM DL's, you could disable the lock so that the only way to open it would be from the outside. I kinda have a design in my head LOL. But I would not use it. Just a thought. My housing situation does not allow any more than stuffed animals really. And frankly, I am not sure I would anyway. Still, a good idea.

Here is a picture of the crib I mentioned in my 1st post. I'm up around 215-220 pounds and haven't had any problems with it.

post-3362-058369900 1283111120_thumb.jpg

That's one sexy crib. LOL

Definitely one of the more AB parts of me: I wish I could afford to either buy and adult-sized crib or the materials and tools to make my own... As I mentioned in other topics, when my brother was a baby, I was old enough that I'd be left alone in the house if my parents went somewhere for a few days (I had a 4-wheeler and the phone, if I needed something from my grandparents, or there was an emergency or something). I often slept in my brother's crib while they were gone, and really liked that. A few people have posted some lists of supplies and steps for a "make-your-own-crib" type of thing, but I lack the money for such a project. Maybe if I can eventually get a better-paying job... Another benefit of living alone is that there's no one else around the house to see it, besides the dogs.

Actually, a crib built around a California queen-sized mattress (extra length) gives one the feeling of being "little", especially if the sides are at least five feet higher than the mattress. Six feet is better. In order for that to work the mattress and box spring need to sit on the floor, or very close to it. Instead of sides that lower, the footboard can become the gate, allowing easy access, and allowing it to be locked closed from the outside with a key. Crib pads need to be at least twenty-four inches high and about four inches thick and a mobile can be hung from the ceiling. Inside the crib one can crawl, stand, sit, and sleep comfortably, all while feeling quite small. The cost for such a crib is high.

dude, but that would be like such a awesome way to spend like 6000$+ LoL

having the room on the other hand..... oh lord!

• 4 months later...

Here is what I posted at caring.com to someone asking about adult cribs

As a 100% disabled veteran with Multiple Sclerosis, incontinence, and restless sleeping problems I can tell you a crib has sure helped me. And yes there are serious legal problems that can be associated with restricting an adult. In my case I fall out of bed alot while sleeping and I live alone.

Physical restraints do have to be prescribed!! The restraints must also be able to be released easily by caregiver in event of emergency. In the case of living alone the restraints now not only have to restraint but be able to be releasable by the patient in event of emergency.

In my case VA provided a hospital bed with the standard hospital rails that pull up. The bed railings do prevent falling out of most patients. Problem in my case hospital railings were horizontal!!@ When I got restless at night I would get caught up in the railing and dislocate a shoulder, leg, or hip. After this happened a few times the VA ordered a crib from Hard Mfg in NY ( http://www.hardmfg.com/ ). The crib has vertical railings like your normal baby crib and does prevent my fall outs. The company can also custom make to fit most situation. The crib works fine and is very easy to open by the adult care giver by simply squeezing the railing release on the bottom of the railing. For the patient that lives alone reaching the release is a bit trickier but can be done by reaching through the railings or the release can be ordered & installed on the inside. To prevent the patient from reaching the release crib bumpers can be ordered. The bumpers are 1" thick 12 - 14" high. A mesh netting could also be used.

The crib looks like a stainless steel animal cage but it does work. I no longer have the crib (I didn't like sleeping in a steel cage). But I had a friend custom build a wooden crib out of Black Walnut. The new crib is a Twin XXL size with the same size and function as the one provided by the VA. I am 6'1" tall and easily fit this crib and the railings extend to about 5' over the top of the mattress. When the railing is up I could certainly say nobody is easily ever going to get out of it. The railing also goes to un extended position just at 14" above the mattress and it bumpers.

My friend build the crib I currently have and it is heirloom quality in both material and workmanship. He build and sold it to me for $1,000. If you buy one from a manufacturer such as Hard, Simmons, or other be prepared for the sticker shock as the start at $3,900. Since the VA did not want the VA provided back I sold it for $2,500.

I have replied in another post here at daily diapers about getting diapers from the Veterans Administration (VA) that yes if you get your doctor to prescribe diapers you can get them. You can also get specific brands of diapers from the VA using

http://www1.va.gov/n...MedSurg_Catalog

Same goes if you need a hospital bed or crib to sleep in for medical reasons. You can use that same link for cribs

This link takes you to the Veteran's Administration internet site, MedSurg Catalog (Non Pharmaceutical) catalog which lists all the Non Pharmaceutical contracts that the VA has. Go to the Item Name/Catalog Number Block, then to Term 1, type in crib

What comes up is MANY pages of government contracts for companies selling cribs to the VA. You'll also see it gives a description of the type of crib infant, child, and youth (36"x72"). It also lists the products associated with the cribs.

Here are some pictures of my crib which is a Twin XXL size mattress and built out of solid black walnut. The front railing easily slides down and under the mattress and above the pull out drawers to give the appearance of a daybed. The rear railing also comes off to give appearance of an old bed that has high headboard and footers.

post-32594-0-36936400-1294071228_thumb.j

post-32594-0-97636200-1294071244_thumb.j

post-32594-0-71250500-1294071269_thumb.j

post-32594-0-36936400-1294071228_thumb.j

post-32594-0-97636200-1294071244_thumb.j

post-32594-0-71250500-1294071269_thumb.j

I can has?

Here is what I posted at caring.com to someone asking about adult cribs...

Ive always wanted a crib, but unless it was a good foot or two taller then me it'd have to have a top or lid that could lock. I'd love the helpless feeling of being in a crib.. but can't have that unless I can't get out (easily.. always have a safety backup!!).

I have had thoughts about sleeping in a crib. But the potential hazards and inherent inconveniences prevent me from ever doing so.

So I meet half-way and sleep in a racecar bed.

P.S. My roommates said they were going to get me rims for christmas. Or a CB radio, so I can talk to other car beds. That'd be hot.

Might get a stereo too.

lets put it like this I would give up diapers for the rest of my life if it meant being able to sleep in a crib. thats how much i want one.