LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When Was The First Time You Bought Diapers?

The first time I bought adult diapers was early, early, early in the morning at a grocery store coming back from the airport, I was so nervous, I went to the self-check out line and quickly bought them and almost ran out. :roflmao: The best time is when I got the courage to ask where the adult diapers were, I had to make up a story for getting them, and then, standing in line this woman turns around looks at me then at the diapers and the back at me! Ahhh, then both of the checkout lines were girls. I was fumbling everywhere Haha. What was your first time? How did you feel?

Guest Saturnine

There is a strange phenomenon related to ABDLism, which is that whenever one of us buys diapers, it seems the world consists of only us and females. Every story I see for some odd reason, includes no other humans except females. Is it a coincidence that everytime we buy diapers the checkout girl is female, the people in line are females, the ones in the baby department are female, and everysingle person in the store at the time is female?

It's funny how men seem to vanish whenever a ABDL buys diapers.

The first time I personally bought diapers was a couple of weeks after I turned 17. Sure, I come from a diaper-friendly family, but back in 1981, my Mom was anti-disposable. In 1972 she made a huge deal when she had to buy a box of Pampers. It was Mom who bought all the Curity gauze diapers we wore to bed at home. I had been accepted to a university for pre-law and would be living in a dorm without washing machines.

Despite everything Mom had said all my life against disposables, we approached each other that at university I would need adult disposables. All I knew about baby disposables was that Aunt Betsy, who lived across the street, used Pampers on her kids. The marvelously kind nurse at the urologist I shared with Mom, Granny, Aunt Betsy and my 3 sisters recommended I try Attends. Looking at a magazine ad I saw they were part of P&G, which to me was a good thing. It was a Friday afternoon when I talked to the nurse. When Granny needed to go shopping she took me along to the supermarket. Sure enough there were Medium and larger Attends. I bought a box of the medium. Although the male checker had seen me many times, he probably did not know my name. He rang up the Attends. I handed him cash. He made change and thanked me for shopping.

Back home I read the instructions. It seemed simple enough. I had been pinning gauze diapers on babies since I was 9 and on myself since I was 12. I spoiled a couple of the Attends. Then I phoned the nurse. She suggested that I start off putting on the Attends while standing, using a wall to temporarily hold it in place. That suggestion really helped. The top tapes nearly met in the center of the front. No way did the leg holes snug down enough to seal on my slender thighs. Still I put on a long night shirt and walked around wearing the Attends for a while. I was different than gauze diapers with Gerber panties. Mom finally got home from work and agreed with me the medium Attends were too big. On the back of the box there was a mention of Junior, Youth and Small, as well as the larger sizes. There also was a toll-free number for customer service., in North Carolina, 9a-5p M-F. Before bed I tried another Attends. I could not snug the leg holes.

Monday I got up before 6am, so I would be the first to reach customer service at 9am their time. The lady I spoke to was very nice and helpful. After talking to me about my build and size, she ruled out Junior as been far too small for me. By her calculations I was between Youth and Small. She told me both of those were in stock at a medical supply store she thought was near our house. She gave me the phone number and address.

I was so excited I could not get back to sleep. Eventually Mom woke up. I told her about the medical supply store. She said she had driven by it, which was about 20 minutes away. It did not open until 9am, so Mom phoned her boss and said she would be slightly late that morning. Mom parked outside the store about 8:50am An older man was just unlocking the door. He smiled as I walked past him. He hurried inside and went around the counter, introducing himself as the store owner. What surprised me was he called me by name. It seemed that the Attends customer service lady had phoned him at home to explain my size problem. On the counter was a box each of Youth and Small. I reached for my purse to pay, when the owner stopped me. He said that Attends wanted me to have those for free, as a factory sample. I thanked him profusely. Had he been closer I would have kissed him. The whole experience at the medical store was so fast Mom got to her office before her boss.

At home I first opened the Youth. I could tape them closed, but there was little side overlap. The leg holes fit fine. Then I tried the Small. They had significant overlap at the sides, making the top tapes easy to fasten securely. The leg holes fit me well and were also easy to tape.

Right away I phoned the medical store owner to thank him and say I would be glad to bring back the unused Medium and Youth. He assured me that was not expected, suggesting I donate those to people who might need them, perhaps through my urologist. I also phoned the customer service lady to thank her again and tell her how well the Small fit me.

A few days before I was to fly to university I ran out of Small, so I went back to the medical store. A younger man waited on me. He was the son of the owner. I gladly paid for that box of Attends. Subsequently Mom, Aunt Betsy and all my sisters bought a lot of Attends from that store. The original owner passed away while I was in law school. The son still runs the business.

• Like 1

I think I was early to mid 16. I went to the local grocery store after school and spent all the money I saved up on them. This may seem all fine and well, but this store in particular one of the most popular in the area. In terms of being spotted by someone I knew, this was extremely risky on my part.

Sure enough, on my second return I spotted a group of school-mates in the store as well as one of my teachers. I avoided the students and went to the checkout and noticed the teacher was in the aisle next to mine. Thankfully she's an extremely nice person and never mentioned it. (I even walked over to her, holding the diapers, and had a chat with her)

When I was a kid I worked for my dad at his company. I was probably 13 or so when I finally had enough money to buy some diapers, sneak them into my dad's company and try the diapers on and some good ol Gerber snap-on plasic pants on. I can still visualize and vividly remember it today. My heart was racing, my mouth was tingling, and I was completely beside myself. I remember trying them on, both fit perfectly and I was absolutely in heaven.

First time was after college one cold April evening in 2008. I discovered the fetish online and figured I'd try it. i walked around walmart for a half hour before buying some store brand pull ups. Eventually I ordered some real diapers online and then tried depends both the pull ups and then real ones.

Wow, it was a long long time ago for me. I was about 20 y/o, had finished school and landed a job in another city. I picked a "mom and pop" drug store for my first purchase. I went in, wondered around taking note of where the adult diapers were and what they had. There were to many people in the store and I chickened out. Then I left without anything. I cased the place for a month trying to figure out when the store had the fewest customers. I figured that the best time was within an hour of the store opening or closing on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I went back either on a Tues or Wed night. It was 1/2 hour until they closed and there were no customers in the store. As I was looking at the diapers, a sales lady came up from behind and asked if she could help with anything. I was scared to death and told her "no, just looking right now". Once she went on with her business, my "shaking" hands grabbed a bag of Attends and of to the counter I went. I'm sure the cashier knew I was embarrassed as I'm sure I was red faced and noticeably nervous. I paid with cash and had to stop myself from running out of the store. That experience was such a "rush" to me, I thought I'd pass out when I get back to my car because my heart was racing so fast. Anyway, do that enough time and finally got used to buying them. Still, I will only go on a Tuesday or Wednesday when the stores don't seem to be busy.

I was 16 and my parents had given me their old Astro Mini van as my first car. It was an ugly brown, it had been in 3 wrecks and stilled showed the damage from all 3.

I told my parents I was going to the movies with some friends and drove to Wal-Mart.

I was very nervous but I think it it less nerve wracking for girls then boys... Now a'days I'm more embarrassed when buying tampons honestly. I got Assurance brand and went out to my mini van and put them on in the back seat then went to the movies all alone.

I kind of regret not getting like Pampers size 7 or something because I had a tiny waist at the time. I've got thunder thighs now :s

• 2 weeks later...

First time was yesterdat actually I went to Walgreen's, I was so nervous but so aroused the whole way there. I had to pee bad but I wanted to have my first time with the diaper. I paid for it sepreately from some other stuff so it seemed like i was getting it for someone else. The minute I got home I ripped of my clothes and got into my first diapers they felt great.

• 1 month later...

I was 14. I went to my local drugstore, and bought a pack.

...only they weren't diapers. They were this new type of sanitary pad that looked like disposable diapers. My bad. No wonder the girl at the counter seemed to give me such an odd look.

So I returned, and finally got some Depends. Initially, I was too scared to wear at home. So I went to the washroom and put one on. I then threw it out, and brought the pack covertly home.

Actually, I just ordered them online the first time ... didn't feel anything more than worry about whether I was going to get ripped off (first time ever ordering anything online really). It was after I had wet the bed the third time ... Secure X-Plus ... back when they were a better quality than they are now.

1987 I had finally graduated and had a job in aerospace (Huges) and was still at home :blush: I had been using homemade cloth "diapers" and crummy plastic pants, when I spotted what looked like really great disposables in a local thrifty store (Now Riteaid) They were generic disposables, but looked really cool, so I plotted to buy some when the time was rite (IE when no one else was home etc) Finally I bought a pack and zipped home, put one on, and looked in the mirror and thought "NOw you have REAL diapers!" and happily flooded it. It worked ok, and still looked great (had a 'high water mark' in the seat, since they, like Depends, didn't really hold much) but they looked and FELT awesome :D

I have never really had much of a problem buying from stores, I used to go to walmart and buy a bunch of other stuff and toss in a pack of Depends with it and go check out, MEH. Only one other time did I buy only diapers (Attends >.<) at a local drug store. They were getting hard to find, and So I grabbed a pack of mediums and walked up to the cashier (female :P ) and paid for them, she asked if I needed a bag I said sure and got my change and left..*shrug*

Sure I was nervous the first time, you get over it....but I order on-line now and get some AWESOME diapers you can't find in stores :P

Just a real happy camper now! :D

qwack

After years of 'forgetting' about my thing for diapers/nappies and plastic pants I came across an adult disposable on ebay by accident and started buying products online.

The only time I have ever bought in person was from a mobility shop in Kent some time ago. First of all before I walked in I had my cover story all ready, I had a text on my phone from my 'partner' who was a carer for someone and she had asked me to pick some supplies up while I was in town. I walked in and looked at the range of products on the wall (I'd already been in the shop a few days before to see where the adult range was situated) I stood there for a while, knowing I was being noticed by the lady behind the counter, I then approached the lady and asked her for advice. I told her the cover story and then asked her which product would be best, we went through a few questions, size, absorbancy, type etc and she suggested a brand and type. At this point I said "Let me just make a quick phone call to be sure" and left the shop. I returned 2 minutes later and said "I can't contact her but I'm sure they'll be perfect but if I've got the wrong type/brand can I return them" The lady agree as long as the packet had nt been opened.

We then went to the till, she asked me how I wanted to pay. I asked if I had enough cash on me I would pay with sterling, she then asked for an address (Surprised me) but I just said I did nt know where 'he' lived and she suggested I give her my own so that they can claim the VAT back. I gave them the address of my previous house, a false name and left with my product. I carried the packet under my arm, diaper, illustration facing torwards my chest, to the car park across the way and drove home.

The only reason I have never returned, prefering to use online places like Dorset Nursing Supplies is that they offer a better and maybe more 'babyish' range

About six years ago. I was so nervous that I just grabbed the first package of depends I saw, went and paid, and got the hell out of there. To my dissapointment, they were an XL pullup style cloth backed brief, and I was a 32 waist at the time and was hoping for more of a plastic backed baby diaper feel. It wasn't till this summer before I bought more, and I ordered them online.

wentto wal mart down the road from my college bought some diapers, pacifier, bottles, powder... apple juice maybe... i don't remember all the paraphenilia i purchaased.. but i knew the cashier from school... we chatted a bit while she rang up my purchases then i took my things, and went back to my appartment...

i don't know if she noticed what i bought, and i really don't care... as a cashier myself, i rarely remembered what people bought... theres to many, and especially at a walmart, which is almost constantly busy....

Guest BambooLand

When I was 16 I rode my bike 12 miles to the "city" and went into a pharmacy. I bought Depends. I put them in a big trash bag and rode my bike like hell back home. I hid the Depends in the woods until night time. I went outside and got my depends then brought them back into my room. All day I waited for this moment and finally I had adult diapers, real diapers and not just towels with heft bag backers with scotch tape.

I put it on and instantly got aroused..pure bliss and I never looked back. My second pack was the old Attends in that big, blue package.

Not proud of this but when i was young i lived in a ghost town so there was 1 grocery store and every body knew every body so i didn't buy my first diapers i stole them ... quite stressful and i don't recommend it at ALL! Never again! I buy mine now :D:ninja:

I was 21 and went to a Shopko late night just before they closed. I hid as best as I could as I read the packages to see what size I needed. I was worried I would be noticed by someone I knew but there were very few people in the store. As soon as I got out to my car opened them and had to check one diaper out. It was all I could do to wait until I got home to put it on.

I think it was around 16-17, my first time buying adult diapers. Anyways, I was sweating all over , it took me like half and hour to gather my courage and picked up those tena slips and bring them to the counter. I guess I was afraid that someone I know might notice me, it was a convenient store near my house after all, just about a mile away. Anyways, I quickly payed the cashier who was nice enough to not ask any stupid questions, put it in my bag pack and walk all the way home. Oh I forgot to tell that I walked there to the store. I was really nervous all the way home, it seems like everyone might notice my overly stuffed bag pack. I guess I was just being paranoid. I have done it a couple of times over, cant seem to overcome the embarrassment to this day.

There is a strange phenomenon related to ABDLism, which is that whenever one of us buys diapers, it seems the world consists of only us and females. Every story I see for some odd reason, includes no other humans except females. Is it a coincidence that everytime we buy diapers the checkout girl is female, the people in line are females, the ones in the baby department are female, and everysingle person in the store at the time is female?

It's funny how men seem to vanish whenever a ABDL buys diapers.

I was fifteen, and it was 1977. I bought my first box of Toddler Pampers at a drugstore. I was worried about being seen buying baby diapers by people who knew me. I never was. I enjoyed handing the box to a female. Even then, I wanted a woman to know I wore diapers, although she certainly thought they were for a baby. I did not like the clerk to be male, because the fun was in fantasizing that she knew they were for me.

I was in college and away on an internship assignment in Raleigh... I was 19 or 20. My roommate went home for a weekend. I'd been a DL ever since I could remember, but this was the very first time I tried buying actual real diapers.

I went to the drugstore, all paranoid... I'd been playing these scenarios in my head all day where someone from my intership would see me or the clerk would ask a bunch of questions. So I backed up to the front door and cracked my trunk, proceeded to mill around the store until I'd worked up my courage and almost nobody else was in there. Then I grabbed the first package of diapers I saw and dashed to the checkout. My heart was beating a million miles an hour.

The cashier checked me out without comment... felt like it took forever; I kept checking the door. Must have looked funny as hell.

I wonder how often drugstore clerks see that kind of thing, and if they have any idea what's actually going on.

• 1 month later...

After countless trips down the local store and pharmacy baby isles, I got up enough courage to place a mail order with Sears Roebuck for flat cloth diapers and "super" size plastic pants from their catalog. I spent the next week or so rushing to the mailbox each day after school before my parents got the mail. Mom always got the mail and she was a teacher in another town. This was before disposable diapers when babies wore Birdseye,Curity, or similar diapers and rubber pants. They were really plastic pants, but everyone called them rubber pants anyway. It took me months to save up enough money to make the purchase with a money order. Then, I had to find a safe place to hide them, but that's another story.

Happy New Year all!!