LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

No Phones!

DailyDi

Someone crashed into our local telephone hub and we're told we won't get service until at least next Wednesday. If this was cable or internet I'd be pissed, but I hate phones, so yea!

I'm the same way Daily, if it was my internet I'd be pissed... good riddence to the phone (well except right now cuz I want calls for interviews lol)

I don't like talking on the phone, never have. I don't have a cell either. No need for one.

And don't get me started on cell phone etiquette :badmood: (the dumbasses who are on their phone while driving, conducting buisness at the store, txt'ing while I'm trying to hold a conversation with you [sorry, but that is just F'ing rude], and there is *always* one dink who can't follow simple directions of "turn it off or put it on vibrate" during social/buisness type stuff.) I really wish they'd never invented them.

~lilme

i hate talking on the phone. I am a texter. Yes I admit it....I text. I walk and text...sometimes *whispers* I text while driving SHHHH *dont tell anyone!*

I'm a multitasker. I can text, drive, find the right cd I want, and study my gps at the same time. Can you imagine I have a spotless driving record? I've been

told I'm one of the safest people to ride with!

back to my original point....I hate talking on the phone.

I got FIOS, so the other night when it failed I lost TV, internet, and phone. Fortunately I had a cell phone (and one analog land line for my fax that never got converted over) and internet wireless dongle.

I personally love the wired telephone.

The sound quality is far superior with the wired phone.

The cell phone was better before they went digital. The digital celluar has delay and it sounds like you are talking through water.

I don't have to worry about power failures at cell sites. (Many do not have backup generators)

I have a cellphone. An LG GW620, but I rarely use it to call. I use it to check my mail, browse the web on the bus, as a mobile modem for my laptop, and of course texting. A lot

It has a full keyboard so I use two hands to text, which looks funny when riding a bike. Two hands of the handles, my eyes of the road, and still maneuvering around and through everything without problems.

I'm the same way Daily, if it was my internet I'd be pissed... good riddence to the phone (well except right now cuz I want calls for interviews lol)

I don't like talking on the phone, never have. I don't have a cell either. No need for one.

And don't get me started on cell phone etiquette :badmood: (the dumbasses who are on their phone while driving, conducting buisness at the store, txt'ing while I'm trying to hold a conversation with you [sorry, but that is just F'ing rude], and there is *always* one dink who can't follow simple directions of "turn it off or put it on vibrate" during social/buisness type stuff.) I really wish they'd never invented them.

~lilme

I would not be unhappy if they banned non-commercial use of cell phones on the basis of being a common nuisance.. Have you ever been on a bus trip for several hours and some phonatic has its mouth going non-stop? Or been at a function and one of the "participants" is yakking away? Talke about not being there: or ALL there. And of coarse there is the new conceit: looking down on those who fp mpy have cell phones

I have the cure. We should put a tick under the Democrats' tiara to make cell phones a civil right and therefore free of charge :) I'd love to rat out those motorcycle cretins that you can hear from 5 blocks away or the cars with stereoes you can hear from two blocks out (those and noisy car alarms should also be treated as a common nuisance). Or show what a great source of revenue taxing the living crap out of the cell phonatics would be.

and don't give my this freedom and Constitution stuff. Any libertarian whose brian has not been turned to homogenized gray goo will tell you "a person's right to swing his fist ends where another's nose begins" and part of the mission of the Constitution was to "enusre domestic tranquility"

things I hate about the Phone

1. No-choice call waiting: Why do I want another distraction. and you can't get rid of the service

2. Telemarketers and I am on a don't call list. ESPECIALLY robo-calls I would not be averse to banning that practice either. The only good telemarketer is a dead one. What do you call 25 telemarkders killed in a plane crash? A good start. Why do they use telemarkerters in undersea experimnets? There are some nasty things even sharks will not do.

The item should exist for the owner's benefit and perosns should not have crap foisted on them

Why do they use telemarkerters in undersea experimnets?

Actually, they don't do that anymore. It's considered toxic waste dumping...

I think they should outlaw texting. My brother does that non-stop. And once, caused some major damage to our oil lines by being too distracted with his effing phone to keep the other worker (who didn't know which valve to shut) from shutting off the wrong valve. It caused the pressure to blow out the lines and spill a fair amount of oil every day for about a week, until we were working in the area where the valve was and found it was shut off... He got to spend the next week walking the lines, checking for leaks and blow-outs.

For social functions, restaurants, theaters, churches, and whatnot, they should collect phones at the door. Out in public, though, it's fair game.

I've run into a few situations where having a cellphone has been a godsend. Such as the other day, I got stranded in town when my truck battery died. Otherwise, I would've had to wander around town asking businesses if they have a phone I could use. Another time was when I got stuck with my folks' POS car and they'd forgotten to put the registration sticker on the tag. This really isn't something most people check and I had to go in and get some dogfood, so I did so, and wound up getting pulled over on the way back out of town. Called the folks and they talked with the cop and got it straightened out, so that I didn't get a ticket.

• 3 weeks later...