LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Backed Diapers

Depends ... so far none of the clothlike ones are any good, they aren't really cloth by the way, it's just spun plastic. I have always had problems with them, got scars on the inside of my thighs from where they rubbed me raw. Also the plastic is less durable in the clothlike state, so it becomes loose faster ... and loose means higher chances of leakage unless you are able to change right after each wetting (not feasible for most people). There may be a brand that's okay, but the smooth solid and durable plastic is still the better of the types.

On a side note: If they made them exactly like the baby diapers with clothlike backing it would work better.

• Like 1

i have tried most "cloth" like diapers and the attends extended wear, molicare air active are ok but they get moist on the outside and shed fibers when you sleep..... the cheaper brands are horrid.... i will always stick to actual plastic backed diapers and support any company that will continue to make them even tho the industry has in a large part switched to the cloth ........

Guest YkDave

i have to agree with the above...

I have found that they suck... badly...

They tend to wick

The 'cloth' cover will rub you raw, especially if you sweat or when the diaper wicks

the taping/velcro systems tend to be garbage

Overall, crap!

I've had cloth backed diapers that were in fact noisier, due to the plastic taping area, and thicker than some plastic backed diapers. I don't know how that is supposed to be more discreet. As far as quality, I'll stick with plastic backed.

Problems with cloth-backed diapers.

#1: Cloth backing is porous, some wetness will seep to the outside of the diaper (yuck).

#2: Cloth backing is "breathable", air goes in and smell comes out (nasty).

#3: Cloth backing is stretchy, the diaper will start to sag after a few hours.

Guest YkDave

the 'cloth' backed diapers dont breathe any more than a regular disposable... they still use a thin plastic shell to contain (some!) of the liquid and a crappy cloth like outer cover to make all of the tree huggers feel better about themselves

the 'cloth' backed diapers dont breathe any more than a regular disposable... they still use a thin plastic shell to contain (some!) of the liquid and a crappy cloth like outer cover to make all of the tree huggers feel better about themselves

Depends on the brand, most don't have the inner layer or the inner layer only covers a small portion of it. The sad thing is that the clothlike backing is still all plastic.

Guest YkDave

where the heck do you find those?

I have yet to come across any 'cloth backed' disposable (adult or baby) that did not have a full plastic inner liner!

where the heck do you find those?

I have yet to come across any 'cloth backed' disposable (adult or baby) that did not have a full plastic inner liner!

Generic brands, like those in Rite Aid, Bartells, and Walgreens, I know only of the adult ones.

They don't stay on as tight as plastic backed even when they have tapes instead of velcro. I think it is because the cloth like cover catches on your clothing and sheets rather than sliding so it gets stretched more.

Funny I just found this post. Today I was wearing Tranquility Night pull-ups I have been wearing all day at work and I had let out a few little wettings and it leaked out as if I was wearing plain underwear. Upon inspection (thinking that I may have leaked out the side) I noticed it was only wet on the outside of the diaper. The diaper was also all roughed up. Also witnessed this a few other times with diapers like Attends breathables. I only ever wore the "cloth like" to be discreet and thought they were "softer" but in noticing the chafing and the oder and the fact that I have a leaky diaper that is leaking through .. I may just switch to plastic!

You can't be very discreet when your leaking, the back of your pants are wet or you are dripping. I would rather have a 6 inch bubble but then have that happen again.

Funny I just found this post. Today I was wearing Tranquility Night pull-ups I have been wearing all day at work and I had let out a few little wettings and it leaked out as if I was wearing plain underwear. Upon inspection (thinking that I may have leaked out the side) I noticed it was only wet on the outside of the diaper. The diaper was also all roughed up. Also witnessed this a few other times with diapers like Attends breathables. I only ever wore the "cloth like" to be discreet and thought they were "softer" but in noticing the chafing and the oder and the fact that I have a leaky diaper that is leaking through .. I may just switch to plastic!

Try Secure Personal's Plus ... the plastic on these is very quiet, if you need to be discreet. I personally never worry about discreet or not, but the brand and style are worth more than the price they charge, pretty high quality for the same price as moderate ones.

Abena air-plus is actually awesome(for me at least), and I they aren't just plastic either as far as I can tell. They legitimately do breathe. On the other hand, this also means that there is an extremely faint sense of humidity on the outside of the diaper when you wet it, and you'll find that the wetness gets cold several times faster.

Maybe I just care for them because of how unbearably hot it is around here in the summer though. If you walk out wearing a plastic backed diaper you are going to be floating in your own sweat before you make it out of the driveway.

Cloth backed are fine- as long as you wear plastic panties over them :P

As far as leakage there is no comparison- plastic backed works better ;)

As far as comfort, cloth-backed is slightly cooler and less 'clammy' feeling :rolleyes:

As far as profits for the manufacturer go, the more diapers you use the more they sell and the more money they make :o

Unless you cover them you're going to go through more cloth-backed diapers than plastic-backed if your goal is to keep your clothing dry :( Basically the general populace are suckers and have been brainwashed into wanting something worse for them than before because they are paranoid of 'the crinkle factor' and they think the slight difference in comfort is worth all the extra diaper changes they now have to go through :screwy: Just another sad tale of the "New and Improved"only being half true :bash:

Bettypooh

Try Secure Personal's Plus ... the plastic on these is very quiet, if you need to be discreet. I personally never worry about discreet or not, but the brand and style are worth more than the price they charge, pretty high quality for the same price as moderate ones.

Do you mean the brief? or the pull-up? Because I like something that while I am at work I can get on and off to take a number 2.

I JUST got my Abena-Flex tonight, I will try them at work today and see how they stand up.

Any other plastic ones that people find discreet?

The best "air" ones I have found yet are the Abena-Xplus.

Do you mean the brief? or the pull-up? Because I like something that while I am at work I can get on and off to take a number 2.

I JUST got my Abena-Flex tonight, I will try them at work today and see how they stand up.

Any other plastic ones that people find discreet?

The best "air" ones I have found yet are the Abena-Xplus.

The briefs work great, you can remove the tape and retape them without losing grip as well so they can come off and be put back on easily. I never tried the pull ups, just never needed them. The Plus are thin though and you would likely have to change, but the X-Plus hold more, just a bite thicker, about the same as a dry Bambino but they don't swell up as much. But the plastic used for Secure Personal Care brand is very quiet and very soft, yet durable as well. I use them for doctor visits, since the doc sometimes needs to see "there" (complicated matter) and I've pulled off and reattached the tapes several times a few visits but they still held afterward.

I have been using Abri-san pads since I find them easier to change. My latest case came in the "AirPlus" design, where previously they were plastic backed. These leak- alot!! They have been consistently damp an hour after my first wetting. I can't wear these any longer than a Depends, which is very frustrating. I have not received any help from the online store where I bought them, or from Abena. If this is the same material used in the briefs, I am very surprised that you find them adequate.

This should really be a sticky.. this is some useful info. I mean, we compare diapers all the time.. but none really give the comparison of "cloth backed" vs "plastic" for even the same brand.

ex. Attends air leaks like crazy, but plastic don't.. yet Abena air I find don't leak, and neither does the plastic.

BTW - I wore my Abena Abri-Flex to work today, they felt AWESOME.. so light and comfy.. and at the end of the day.. I let loose.. NOTHING leaked! .. unlike the stupid Tranquilities!..