LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Desires For Disabilities As A Child

Did you as a child ever wish to have something "wrong" with you or have an injury or disability of some sort? I know for myself, I did and I think I'm not really all that alone as I've talked with my wife, other family and friends and we've all admitted to it in some way, shape or form. I wished I had a broken arm, crutches, braces on my teeth, an arm in a sling, outty belly button or even a cool looking birthmark or scar. Other people I know mentioned having glasses (even faking eye exams to get them), illnesses, diseases, broken fingers, legs, you name it, someone's probably desired it. Comparing or wanting scars was probably the most popular. Nobody mentioned incontinence though. :( I had these desires for these things to happen to me I'd say between age 5 - 14 or so, maybe later. The earliest time I remember this desire was in elementary school when I remembered I tried to purposely break my arm by jumping high of the swings and crashing to the ground. I just got bruised up and banged up but no broken bones. :crybaby: After about three attempts, I gave up as I was in other pain and it started sounding like a bad idea after that. Guess I wasn't trying hard enough or I was one solid little kid. I think I was in about 2nd grade when I attempted this.

I also remember having to go to the hospital where they'd put an ID bracelet on you and all the kids especially in elementary school always wore them to school the next day or two, sometimes more.

I honestly think it was an attention thing. You know like, Johnny broke his arm and got a cool cast and now everyone's asking him what happened and wanting to sign it. Or the kid on crutches that got to get out of class a few minutes early to miss the traffic in the hallways and who also got a helper to carry his books. Or even the kids who got to go to the nurse to get their medication every day, or the kids you know had ADD, or ADHD who were treated a little more special. Funny looking back at how much of an attention grabber I wanted to be as a child but it sounds like I wasn't alone there. Seems silly to want to have things wrong with you just to get attention.

I don't really want any of that other stuff to happen to me now but I know me like several others have that desire for incontinence at times. That for me started about my high school years. The other desires now I think would just suck as I don't want to be sick or break a bone because I have a job to work and bills to pay but incontinence is different from that other stuff and would really stop me from working.

I always pictured myself when I was in high school becoming incontinent somehow and then being found out about my diapers but in a positive way. Basically where most people were understanding about it and thought of it no different than a broken arm or something. Where they'd see me like "ohh cute, he's got that bladder problem and has to wear a diaper", "Must be going to the nurses office to change himself", "poor guy has to wear those diapers", "I saw his diapers, how cute (girls giggling)", that sort of thing. Yeah, sure maybe a fantasy type thing but just how I pictured it and how I got the special treatment more than anything. Also getting the privileges to cut part of class to go to the nurse’s office where my supplies are and change.

This is really the only desire that has carried over into my adult life. I didn't post this in the "Incontinent Desires" forum because it is more about those desires as a child to want a disability, disease or injury of some sort. It may have included incontinence but that's only one part of it.

So what about everyone else here? Did any of you just walk back into memory lane? Did you have any of these types of desires as a child? Have they carried over to your adult life? Have they changed? Were you every the kid that had the special need? If so, was it all cut up to be what you thought it would be? If you did have to wear diapers in your youth at school, how was it perceived and how was day to day life, like what happened, what'd you do, what'd other do or say, etc?

Thanks for letting me share my story, now your turn. Thanks to all who reply!! :thumbsup:

• Like 4

I never had to wish for it, never had time. First, I shattered my leg and I was in a cast for some length of time that felt like eternity to my kid brain. After that my babysitter's dog went a little weird in the head and ripped my face off (literally). After that healed, I did have a brief period where I missed the attention of being injured, but I still remembered all the downsides and didn't want those back :lol:.

As for the minor ones you mentioned, I have my share of scars, more than most people I've met. Can't say I ever wished for them, they just happened. Wouldn't mind giving a few up if someone wanted them, they make it difficult to "pass" :glare:.

Kids are natural drama queens, so the obvious thing to get attention is some kind of injury. I have worn glasses since the 5th grade, so thats never been a big deal for me. One big thing I always notice is kids and bandaids.....they don't need a cut or injury, but they WANT that bandaid....it just looks cool!

Scars are always a wonder to them as well...and always a great thing to show off..or big scabs from scraps and such...it almost gets to a point sometimes of one ups-manship between kids...its funny...but can be dangerous, as someone will deliberatly go out to inflict some damage on themselves all for the attention....but as mentioned above, the pain and inconvenience of being injured and the discomfort and pain kind of brings home the reality of the situation and what 'reality' is all about..

never did any of that as a kid, I wasn't much of an attention whore.

I did plays and theater instead :P

Much safer

qwack

• Like 1
Guest rosemonde10

So....faking incontinence? Incontinence would not be hard to fake. All you need are diapers.......

When I was in high school I faked having my period so I could skip a lot of stuff like volleyball. I think kids fake a lot of stuff. It's kinda what they do. And what's a childhood if it's not been ived in good fun?

• Like 1

when i was about 4-9 my best friend at the time wore glasses, and I wanted to wear glasses, so i would try to 'fake' the eye exam so i would fail and have to wear glasses.

Lots of kids secretly want some form of attention, and if they see a friend, classmate, or sibling who has been injured or is disabled, and see the attention that person is receiving the child may then wish to have the same injury to receive this attention as well.

Yes, and I sexually fetishize disability(most particularly things like MS, quadriplegia, paraplegia, stroke, or pretty much anything that induces paralysis) to this day. Disability and medical play are heavily represented in my diaper fantasies and roleplay.

There's even a very horny part of me that sometimes wishes I was permanently disabled. But of course, the whole attraction is to something that is purely anathema to my character and attitude toward life, so I'm definitely not sitting around hoping for it to happen.

Shame on whoever gave the OP the negative rep that I just canceled out.

• Like 1

Shame on whoever gave the OP the negative rep that I just canceled out.

Despite my post above it, I agree with this statement, I think. People need to remember that we all wear and fetishise something that's designed for disabled/injured/sick people before they judge others.

• 3 months later...

I am speaking from the perspective of someone who had & has & was born with a physical disability. Did I have a desire to be disabled? Absolutely Not! Maybe for me its because instead of getting attention I actually got less attention. In fact because of the extra attention that was required, I got blamed by my mother of taking her away from my Siblings. So no I wish I wasn't disabled, & I wouldn't advise anyone to wish they were. As the old saying goes: "Be Careful what you Wish for." That is sooo True......

I am speaking from the perspective of someone who had & has & was born with a physical disability. Did I have a desire to be disabled? Absolutely Not! Maybe for me its because instead of getting attention I actually got less attention. In fact because of the extra attention that was required, I got blamed by my mother of taking her away from my Siblings. So no I wish I wasn't disabled, & I wouldn't advise anyone to wish they were. As the old saying goes: "Be Careful what you Wish for." That is sooo True......

I myself am also disabled. I'm an amputee from burns and whenever I hear somebody say they wish they were in a wheelchair or disabled I think it's stupid. And I never thought that way before I was burned. The able bodied should be grateful for what they have. They can go swimming, hiking, bike-riding, run, walk, wrestle with the dog, dress themselves, etc. Along with being disabled for many is the difficulty in forming social relationships. I find it very hard to do so, in part because of my bad hearing. And dating/intimate relationships are pretty much non-existent, for me at least.

• Like 1

many children wish for attention as a child, and when they see a friend/peer/classmate/sibling who has been hurt, or has a disability they will notice all the 'positive' attention that person is recieving.

a child at school who breaks his leg has someone helping him carry his lunch tray, gets to sit in a special seat at school assemblies while everyone else sits on the floor, gets a whole seat to himself on the bus etc...etc...

it is completely natural and normal for children to wish they were different, and to wish they could obtain 'positive' attention, and when a child sees someone they know receiving that sort of attention because of a physical ailment, it is also perfectly naturally for that child to 'wish' they had something wrong with them.

does it mean they think its cool to be disabled? no... because at the age children do this, most often they are incapable of thinking beyond the aesthetic's of the injury.. meaning they do not think about the pain involved, about the other factors involved like needing someone to dress you, toilet you, sdometimes even feed you. Children will romanticize the injury to suit their own desire for this attention.

all the OP and others who agree are doing in this thread are stating they were completely nrmal children, who had completely normal 'jealousies' as a child.

never had the desire to be disabled. There was a girl in brothers class a few years younger than me who had spina bifida. Our parents were friends and we went over to their house. Before we went my mom said (insert fem name here) has to wear diapers because of her disability DO NOT make fun of here for it. My first thought was how lucky she was, and why would I make fun of her. After getting to know her and seeing her daily struggles, the feeling that she was lucky quickly passed. Actually if my mom didn't mention it, I never would have came up with it on my own, it was discrete and she was a very independent and inspirational person, she never let her disability get the better of her.

I myself am also disabled. I'm an amputee from burns and whenever I hear somebody say they wish they were in a wheelchair or disabled I think it's stupid. And I never thought that way before I was burned. The able bodied should be grateful for what they have. They can go swimming, hiking, bike-riding, run, walk, wrestle with the dog, dress themselves, etc. Along with being disabled for many is the difficulty in forming social relationships. I find it very hard to do so, in part because of my bad hearing. And dating/intimate relationships are pretty much non-existent, for me at least.

Me i am an attention whore but i wouldn't do crazy things like try to break a leg or burn myself or things that can really harm me in such a bad bad way i understand there is great attention but the downfalls as you have stated are why i didnt even try or want that.

Me i am an attention whore but i wouldn't do crazy things like try to break a leg or burn myself or things that can really harm me in such a bad bad way i understand there is great attention but the downfalls as you have stated are why i didnt even try or want that.

Exactly pros and cons---Very few pros, LOTTTTS of longterm cons.

WOW did everyone miss the whole we are talking about children here NOT ADULTS... children do not have the same insight into disabilities and disorders and adults do, which is why children often yearn for something to make them different. It doesn't mean all kids want to be an amputee or something, it just means they see a classmate getting attention for having a cast on their leg and the child then wants a cast on their own leg.... children do not have the insight to think about the pain involved in breaking the leg in order to get the cast.... they just have a desire for the attention, and because the attention is as a result of a cast, they consciously say they want the cast...

geesh we are talking kids here... not adults......

WOW did everyone miss the whole we are talking about children here NOT ADULTS... children do not have the same insight into disabilities and disorders and adults do, which is why children often yearn for something to make them different. It doesn't mean all kids want to be an amputee or something, it just means they see a classmate getting attention for having a cast on their leg and the child then wants a cast on their own leg.... children do not have the insight to think about the pain involved in breaking the leg in order to get the cast.... they just have a desire for the attention, and because the attention is as a result of a cast, they consciously say they want the cast...

geesh we are talking kids here... not adults......

I know that but you forget that in his original post even as an adult he feels this way.

• Like 1

1. if someone serves no purpose in society, they shouldn't be part of it. (nothing against disabled peoples, just a point in economic eden)

I'm glad you aren't in charge of MY healthcare!!

you've taken a simple principal of economics and made a judgment about the value of life - I don't think any sane economist would take your point of view. I hardly think that is ANY kind of Eden! Please reconsider! Perhaps people who hold such points of view have no place in society (nothing against you, just a point of basic humanity) :badmood:

• Like 2

This is a very interesting topic. Yes, I remember distinctly wanting to break my arm when I was around nine or ten. I even tried a couple of times in our apple tree in the back yard. I think I was insecure and suffered depression as a child. I wanted something to identify me as extrodinary and brave. In my mind having an injury would somehow prove my "manliness" and make me attractive. When we are children we think as children. From a mature standpoint wanting to do injury to yourself is unbalanced.

-DR

Well, I have BIID but I don't want to amputate my left leg for the attention. It's because I, honestly, think that my soul would 'fit' better into my body without that extra... 'not me' thing dangling off my knee. (It barely works from nerve damage anyways.) I think of it as being almost on-par with how a transgendered person feels.

But, on topic! Yes, kids are natural drama queens and they love the attention. Well, most of them do anyways. When I had a cast in the 2nd grade on my finger, I wanted people to stay the hell away from me. I was like "It's just plaster and bandages on my finger! What's so cool about it?!" (I was such a logical kid, but I grew up to be a daydreaming romantic somehow.)

I don't know you (or most people here on that matter) well at all, but... here's a hug. *hug* I have IBS and endometriosis, and I'm in pain a lot of the time and I can't do a lot of the same things that people my age usually can, so I feel for you. Your well-being and future happiness are definitely on my wishlist.

I never really wanted attention but after my injury I got a lot of it, for me it was embarrassing being doted on.

A few years ago(10) I was on 2 crutches with a full leg brace and I slowly worked my way off 1 crutch at a time and then I dumped the leg brace.

I'm still suppose to be using the brace, it took me a long time to get my mangled leg strong enough to go without it, I still walk a little strange and if I have shorts on my leg is very obvious.

For the most part I'm glad people try not to notice or say anything, I hated being known for my injury.