LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Reputation System

Guest rosemonde10

Guest rosemonde10

Hello everyone. I have a simple question about the reputation system. Does it work efficiently or does it get abused here? Because I was looking at my profile and saw I have a -3 reputation. I'm not sure if I offended anyone with some comment I don't even remember.

This was just on my mind. If this shouldbe moved somewhere else, I understand. It bothers me that someone out there does not like me. Three times. lol.

• Like 7

It bothers me that someone out there does not like me. Three times. lol.

I think -3 is still a pretty neutral score. If it gets way down into the -50s or so, then you might want to take it as a clue. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

IMO the system works, broadly, it's just that some people read too much into the numbers and are fooled into thinking that a low score equals a bad poster and a high score means a good poster when in actual fact, it's just an indicator :)

I wouldn't get bent out of shape if you post something and get a neg here or there. But if you are consistently getting negs on all your posts then you should think about the words you write. Since a couple bad apples have been removed and/or stopped posting here the rating system has been fairly benign IMO.

Consider that's it tends to be a bit harder to get positive ratings on your posts than it is to get negged. You have to make a pretty good point or say something really funny to get people to actively give you props for it; whereas, for instance, if you casually say you prefer disposables over cloth or whatever someone who may disagree with you will neg you just because they hold a different viewpoint, even if you weren't trying to be insulting or anything.

Bottom line is don't take it too seriously; I like the rating system mainly because it lets people know when they are upsetting people with their posts. a couple negs is no biggie, -50 means you might suffer from Foot-in-Mouth Syndrome.

• Like 2

I also suggest to people to be fair when rating a post. For example, I've seen some members get a negative rating for a post simply because they stated they like cloth diapers instead of disposables. In that case it's someone's personal diaper preferance and not something I feel should get a negative. That would be like the cloth diaper wearer giving the disposable guy a negative because he likes disposables and not cloth. The rating system should be used more for sending a message to someone who has what people feel is a truly inapropriate post, someone who is using foul language, really nasty to another member or posting inappropriate posts (under age, pedofilia, openly wearing messy diapers around others in public to get his jollies, etc.) I also see no problem giving someone positive feedback when they have an interesting or insiteful post or comment. The idea behind a forum is for people to discuss different things and share their views. If someone disagrees with someone else, talk it out first in a civalized mannor. If things get out of hand with someone and everyone feels that one person is out of line, see if it can be worked out before leaving that negative feedback. I have used the negative feedback a few times with you-know-who who was banned recently, but based on that person's overall feedback rating, most other people felt the same way. Feedback should be used appropriatly, but not over used or abused.

• Like 1
Guest rosemonde10

So RustyPins, does that mean if someone mentions how they love canadian bacon, I can't neg them because I think canada is a bad place?

Kiding. lol.

• Like 2
Guest rosemonde10

HEY!! Who negged repped my post about my neg repping my own posts??

When I find out who, I'm gonna neg rep you! Don't think I can? I have a whole basket of Neg Reps next to me waiting to be thrown. Lol.

• Like 1

Kinda useless, but some members like it. Your warning level is far more important; as that indicates how many official warnings you've gotten from mods. Warnings lead to time-outs or banning. Rep is just a tool for... well I don't really know how people use it, lol.

Kinda useless, but some members like it. Your warning level is far more important; as that indicates how many official warnings you've gotten from mods. Warnings lead to time-outs or banning. Rep is just a tool for... well I don't really know how people use it, lol.

Soooooo...ah.... I should stop sending them as reports to the credit bureaus?? :huh:

Guest rosemonde10

Well I may chance use it to spread my political views and spread my general sunshiny happiness.

This means if you don't like SpongeBob Squarepants, marijuana, or Jack Johnson, don't let me know. I will neg anyopne who publicly disses Jack Johnson. lol :thumbsup:

Well I may chance use it to spread my political views and spread my general sunshiny happiness.

This means if you don't like SpongeBob Squarepants, marijuana, or Jack Johnson, don't let me know. I will neg anyopne who publicly disses Jack Johnson. lol :thumbsup:

Spongebob = win

Marijuana = not allowed to smoke it, but I've tried it a few times in my life and it was great.

Jack Johnson = who?

~ moogle

There, I bumped you up a few notches, Too bad there is a quota limit.... :whistling: