LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Big Kid Baby Diapers

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it'd be cool if companies (such as Pampers or Huggies) made diapers for a DL community?

• Yes, I'd love to have a real baby diaper
    • No, the adult kind are better
    • Yes, but I'd have to see how much it can hold

I'm with you duck! We bigger kids rule - even if we can't always keep our pants dry :) I like being old enough to know I shouldn't still be in diapers, but thats just me. I like my bike and video games and legos and pizza and staying up late, all the things the little ones can't do :) More power to the playpen set - you keep your rattles and bottles. I don't need none of that baby stuff. Except maybe this bear, but thats it, just this bear... and maybe my sippy cup. But that's it. Just this bear and this sippy cup. Ohhhh is that a puppy?

:thumbsup::roflmao:

Aren't SDK diapers and Cushies with baby scent what you're talking about here? I can't imagine a way those could be closer to baby diapers.

I admit they are almost perfect ... almost. ;) Just some of us are older and remember things a little more retro than that.

Aren't SDK diapers and Cushies with baby scent what you're talking about here? I can't imagine a way those could be closer to baby diapers.

Need's to be thicker, needs padding that sticks into the wings a bit more and a front and back waistband and then they would indeed be much closer to perfect.

Need's to be thicker, needs padding that sticks into the wings a bit more and a front and back waistband and then they would indeed be much closer to perfect.

That would make them more adult style than baby style really. Most baby diapers have only a rectangle for the padding.

Kitten you are correct when speaking about currently available diapers, which was probably what OP was asking abouut - but I was thinking back to the diapers from the late 80's to early 90's which are what I would want copied as a perfect diaper. SDK is supposed to replicate that era of diaper and at least in the thicknes arena they fall short.

Cushies on the other hand try to be a modern diaper that resemble a major brand cloth like diaper while still maintaining a plastic back. To make them into a more appealing diaper for me I would want cushies with a boy print instead of the semi girley hearts and flowers and butterflies (which is nice for the ladies and sissey's - but I'm a boy's boy). They should add a front waistband and the leak guards should be in contrasting colors.

Of course if someone could replicate a 'perfect' copy of todays huggies, luvs or pampers I would be all over that too (Scale them up for adults keeping the same features and overall design - it couldn't be a one to one scale up as an adults proportions are different from those of a baby - but I would love to wear a current huggies or luvs)

Kitten you are correct when speaking about currently available diapers, which was probably what OP was asking abouut - but I was thinking back to the diapers from the late 80's to early 90's which are what I would want copied as a perfect diaper. SDK is supposed to replicate that era of diaper and at least in the thicknes arena they fall short.

Cushies on the other hand try to be a modern diaper that resemble a major brand cloth like diaper while still maintaining a plastic back. To make them into a more appealing diaper for me I would want cushies with a boy print instead of the semi girley hearts and flowers and butterflies (which is nice for the ladies and sissey's - but I'm a boy's boy). They should add a front waistband and the leak guards should be in contrasting colors.

Of course if someone could replicate a 'perfect' copy of todays huggies, luvs or pampers I would be all over that too (Scale them up for adults keeping the same features and overall design - it couldn't be a one to one scale up as an adults proportions are different from those of a baby - but I would love to wear a current huggies or luvs)

It is true, the SDK are a little more modern than they are advertised as. The thickness from the older ones was because they didn't have SAP though, so they were modeled more after the original cloth diapers which have to be thick to absorb much. The Bambinos are almost all SAP and thus their thickness almost doubles when wet, but I find this to be a problem because of their tapes. Maybe if they used all SAP on the SDK it would be better since their tapes hold too well actually (very hard to take off). As for wing padding, the padding seems to wrap all around me for medium size, so not sure what you mean about that.

To make them into a more appealing diaper for me I would want cushies with a boy print instead of the semi girley hearts and flowers and butterflies (which is nice for the ladies and sissey's - but I'm a boy's boy).

*checks his diaper* Well, sure there are hearts and flowers, but there are also stars, balloons, airplanes, and sailboats. There's a fine line between feminine and babyish.

In fact, I'd theorize that female infantilists are much more easily accepted than males based on that.

What I'd really like is to get the original Birdseye diapers and traditional plastic pants that I wore when I was born in 1959. Now those were the days! Babies today don't know what they're missing.

I'm a cloth diaper/plastic panties AB. Cloth diapers are the "original" baby diaper, no matter what the age the person wearing them and cloth diapering has not changed since the beginning. I do like to wear disposables though and I would love to see actual baby disposables made in adult sizes. Everyone would agree that baby diapers are far superior to adult diapers but the Bambinos and ABU diapers are getting close to baby style diaper.

What I'd really like is to get the original Birdseye diapers and traditional plastic pants that I wore when I was born in 1959. Now those were the days! Babies today don't know what they're missing.

I'm a cloth diaper/plastic panties AB. Cloth diapers are the "original" baby diaper, no matter what the age the person wearing them and cloth diapering has not changed since the beginning. I do like to wear disposables though and I would love to see actual baby disposables made in adult sizes. Everyone would agree that baby diapers are far superior to adult diapers but the Bambinos and ABU diapers are getting close to baby style diaper.

ADC makes really nice cloth diapers in either prefold or flat. I was wearing one of my 4x8x4 gauze prefold last night and they are soooooooooo wonderful!! :) So we have those still available today, what I miss are the plastic pants made by VIP...:( I have a few pairs, but had I known they were shutting down I would have bought a box full. I have comcos, but they just aren't 'quite right" the best pants have always been gerbers and the ones made by VIP. The best combination by far (for me anyways) was a cloth prefold diaper and VIP pants *Sigh*

If we can get someone to start making those pants again, that would be heaven :wub:

If I could start a business, thats one of the things I would be making. but finding the people to do the work might be more difficult.....oh well.

As for disposables, I think the Bambino Teddy is possibly the BEST attempt so far. It looks right, has all the great features and performs exceedingly well, and is comfortable. All of which kicks the sh*t out of what ABU offers. I have tried both and the Teddy is superior in all areas. ABU just makes expensive 'props' as far as I am concerned. They don't perform or function as they should. Sure they make "LOOK" good, but if performances is lacking....then whats the point?

Anyways, for me and many of us 'older types" good old fashioned cloth diapers and quality Gerber style plastic pants have always been the staple and superior in form and function. sure disposables are nice, and work well for being discreet, but there is just something about a thick soft cloth diaper that is just......UUUMMMPPPPHHH.....indescribable :D and makes me very happy.

qwack

*checks his diaper* Well, sure there are hearts and flowers, but there are also stars, balloons, airplanes, and sailboats. There's a fine line between feminine and babyish.

In fact, I'd theorize that female infantilists are much more easily accepted than males based on that.

Yeah there is a fine line line between feminine and infantile (Christina waxes about that in a post here somewhere) - but I'm a little different (PUN) than many of the folks on here in that I'm and 'older kid' in diapers - so outright baby isn't right for me. I personally disliked the print on origional bambinos, HATED classy comforts print, and feel meh about cushies print. ABU overnights have the best look of any print diaper, and Bambino Bianco and secure are my personal faves for wearing.

It seems by casual observation, which may not be correct, but it appears that as diapers get bigger the prints seem to reflect the age difference - so I am interested in prints the are toddler / post toddler in nature - like what is on size 6/7 diapers, pull-ups, good nights, etc

I don't really have an expectation that any company is going to make a niche product for a niche of what is already a niche marker :) But that doesn't stop me from wanting. Oh but in a more perfect world :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...