LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Need Some Advice On Beers

so i'm turning 21 next month and i'm throwing a beer tasting party to celebrate. i've already got some blegian whitbiers selected but am interested ina dding more unique or unusal beers.does anyone have any advice? and no i will not be swallowing and the beers will be doled out in small amounts. after we get through them all if anyones still thristy then we'll have us a kick ass party(at that point we should all be pretty well lubricated i would think). so what are your pickls? and give me pointers on what they taste like and where to get them if you cna please.

well just a fun activity to do for this is go buy some cheaper beer like pbr, bud, coors etc... right and do a blind taste test with those and some of the micro brews and foreign beers you get... will be fun to see who can guess which is which!!!

also try some newcastle, guiness, and local microbrews, depending on where you live you might have some good blueberry and strawberry ales... also sam adams is good.

i like Hienikien is a light beer, Alaskan ALe is a ale beer is really good, Coors Light or know as the sliver bullet, Fat Tire is good, Irish Red, Kokanee, kokannee gold is really good, pbr for a dark beer, and Molson Canadain beer is good to. I know a lot of beers, only because i love hockey. Most of the beers you can get it at any store.

As far as beers I would recommend Stella Artois, New castle is one of my favorites. Since it is Summer I would also suggest a pale ale. Right now I love Bell's Amber ale.

Taste are going to range. I would purchase a few small notebooks and then have your guests write what they think about the beers. At the end of the night while you are drinking the leftovers compare notes that should make for some very interesting conversations.

Finally I would say save this idea for another and go out and s**t faced. I remmeber a little bit about my 21st birthday. Supposedly there was the roof of a car and me pissing of of it while my friend and his girlfriend made out in the front seat, but that is all I am going to say on the matter.

This has to be one of the most responsible and mature posts I have read in a long time, which is kind of amazing on an AB/DL board :P

Anyways, I like Sarah's reply. To make it a truly memorable and fun experience, 'test drive' a bunch of different beers and see what you like. There are a TON of different brews out there today, and I am sorry to say I am very disappointed in much of the big domestically produced swill they pass off as 'beer.'

I have tried many brands and I am partial to a few, mostly specialty brews or micro brews, as I drink for flavor and taste, rather then getting trashed (already went down that road in college) :P

if you have a 'Bevmo" close by, you can get individual bottles of many types.

"Stella", mentioned above is good,

"Bass" is another favorite,

A hard one to find is "Henry Weinhards private reserve" (personal favorite :thumbsup: )

"dogfish Head" is very interesting,

"Fat tire"

On the extreme, get some Guiness Stout and extra stout (Ale) just for kicks.

Also, try different types, not just brands, as there are Ales, pilsners, Beers, and other classes of 'beverages' that fall under the very 'general' category of 'Beer' see what you like.

Comparing the higher quality and flavor of micro brews and 'specialty' brews against the big domestics Budweiser,Coors,Pabst blue ribbon (PBR), which are all ugh...YUCK. Will get you to experience there really is a difference in each one.

It's a lot like wine tasting, which I have also done, and there is a H*U*G*E difference, in flavor and taste and texture and 'character' of each one. It goes the same with todays 'Beer' choices. There are some truly wonderful brews out there, and there is the swill for the common man :P

I drink for flavor and taste....leave the swill to the rest

Either way..{{{{{HAPPY 21!st BIRTHDAY}}}}}

Make it safe and sane, don't drink to much and might as well diaper up too, better then peeing on the floor, specially since beer goes right through you.

have fun! It sounds awesome!

qwack

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

My favorite beer in the whole world is Kostritzer, it's a schwarzbier (black beer) from Germany. They call it the "dark beer with a blonde soul". Very yummy but hard to find. Link

Stella Artois, as mentioned before, is a fantastic beer, easily my favorite pilsner. Link

1554 from New Belgium Brewing Company is good. Link

Pretty much anything from Highland Brewing Company is good, I like the Gaelic Ale, the Oatmeal Porter and the Black Mocha Stout best though. Link

I'm a fan of darker beers, especially porters. Everyone's taste will vary, so sample a bunch of different beers. Remember though, just like anything else in life, you get what you pay for. ;) Drink responsibly and enjoy the party! :thumbsup:

For the most part, American beer sucks! There are a few exceptions. The Boston Beer co produces a good brew. Avoid all Anheuser Busch products. Busch should not even be allowed to call their product "beer"!

I love Guinnes and heavy German beers. The darker, the better! Guinnes Stout will put hair on your chest!

so i'm turning 21 next month and i'm throwing a beer tasting party to celebrate. i've already got some blegian whitbiers selected but am interested ina dding more unique or unusal beers.does anyone have any advice? and no i will not be swallowing and the beers will be doled out in small amounts. after we get through them all if anyones still thristy then we'll have us a kick ass party(at that point we should all be pretty well lubricated i would think). so what are your pickls? and give me pointers on what they taste like and where to get them if you cna please.

[quote ..pbr for a dark beer,

:huh:

Ummm...yeah...this would have to either be really OLD beer *GAG* or something is terribly wrong as PBR (Pabst blue ribbon) is a lager, and I doubt that Pabst even knows or would want to even try to make a 'dark beer'

Something I found on the PBR site which should provide interest as to how beers are judged:

"Charlie Papazian, president of the Brewers Association, published the following tasting notes for Pabst Blue Ribbon in 2008: "A contrasting counterpoint of sharp texture and flowing sweetness is evident at the first sip of this historic brew. A slowly increasing hoppiness adds to the interplay of ingredients, while the texture smooths out by mid-bottle. The clear, pale-gold body is light and fizzy. Medium-bodied Blue Ribbon finishes with a dusting of malts and hops. A satisfying American classic and a Gold Medal winner at the 2006 Great American Beer Festival".

Meh, its still pee water :P

For the most part, American beer sucks! There are a few exceptions. The Boston Beer co produces a good brew. Avoid all Anheuser Busch products. Busch should not even be allowed to call their product "beer"!

I love Guinnes and heavy German beers. The darker, the better! Guinnes Stout will put hair on your chest!

I tried some Guinness stout and extra stout and all it did was put hair on my tongue :P

I have tried many types of beers and enjoyed them, I just have an issue with something that is so thick, you have to scoop it out of the container with a spoon! :P

Not a fan of heavy dark beers, sorry.

PBR or Corona, you might as well pee in a bottle :P

Killian's Irish red or Leinenkugel's Amber are good flavor but not too heavy. For darker and more flavor maybe Newcastle Nut Brown or anything with Bock in the name yummy

Guiness or any Stoudt's are probably too dark if you are new to drinking beer.

Cheers! :beer:

Guinness is good for you, but if you want a milder stout you can try Sheafs Stout (Austrailian) or Smithwicks (Irish)

Sapporo Black can be difficult to find but is an excellent international (Japanese) take on Malt Liquor - Regular Sapporo isn't too terrible either

I like the tripple bochs, abbey ales, and the scotch ales.

Enjoy your bday and have fun trying new things!

I would have to agree with quite a few others that have already posted. But i will add somethings. First you say your not swallowing, then you say you think you will "be Drunk" when the after party starts? huh.gif Well first let me say that a beer has to be swallowed to a extent to totally understand its body and flavor. But during your party keeping the beer samples to a minimum such as a ounce in dixie cups or a shot glass, followed by a cleanser for the pallet of a shot of water and you guys should not notice to much effects. That would be roughly 24 samples to equal 2 beers, so even most light weights would barely get a significant buzz, and that should dissipate in a hour or so.

I do wonder if you are having your friends all bring a six pack or contributing to the fund. The type of samples and brands could cost a small fortune if you have to take on that financial responsibility alone. Where I am from nobody buys a beer on their birthday! Be safe and have fun, film the event, it's always a good laugh the next day with the hangovers! tongue.gif

Be sure to have a designated driver and take all keys from the patrons before the event starts...and hide valuables and breakables (including TV remotes)