LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pubic Hair Good Or Bad?

@Babygeebee

In addition, keeping your pubic hair shaved and short also can make it easier to wipe down yourself yourself so that you are clean and sanitized, and not only that, pubic hair has the unfortunate property of either smelling really bad if you were too release number one, or the unfortunate property of getting tangled up in anything else that you are trying to remove if you are dealing with #2. not only that, but this stuff can get caught up On things you don't want, and it can be a mess. keeping your pubic hair shaved down below towards particular shortness will make it so that you don't have to deal with the odor and all of the necessary steps necessary to try to keep yourself clean down there when everything is tangled up. this is why I keep it short because I don't want to have that problem. It's bad enough that you end up having pubic hair at all, but when it all gets tangled up and it starts to smell and it gets in your way, you have to shave it off. I would rather have mine shaved right down to almost nothing, so I don't have to worry about that!

Brian

• Like 1

It's good to keep you area shaved, and it's best to use a trimmer over the toilet, and then finish it with a razer in the shower. Don't be after of the blades, you actually have a more chance on nicking your *cough* tennis balls with the trimmer then the razor

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dubious said:

The problem I have is, where do you stop?

I might try shaving everything in winter as I wont be doing much. 
Everything from bellybutton and down to toes. 

Go for it. Just stinks things up and causes more problems for us diaper junkies.

• Like 1

I had my waxing appointment today and everything from the waist down to the toes is super smooth. Worth every single penny and the hour of mild discomfort. I find waxing last much longer than shaving and over the months of doing it the hair is much finer and there is much less with each appointment.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Snugglebear_69 said:

I had my waxing appointment today and everything from the waist down to the toes is super smooth. Worth every single penny and the hour of mild discomfort. I find waxing last much longer than shaving and over the months of doing it the hair is much finer and there is much less with each appointment.

Interesting, I would try this out, but I would not like the pain tho

12 minutes ago, Dubious said:

Good luck finding a place that waxes pubic area on males. 

I tried many years ago in my area, and all only did female.
Male could get almost anything else waxed. 

Us guys are always getting the shaft. Don't feel very good!

13 minutes ago, Dubious said:

Good luck finding a place that waxes pubic area on males. 

I tried many years ago in my area, and all only did female.
Male could get almost anything else waxed. 

I have an amazing esthetician in Ottawa. There were a few others who were comfortable with makes but uncomfortable with me being genderfluid. Honestly, there are professionals that do male Brazilian waxing but it takes additional training so yes, not as many as though who do female Brazilians.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, TommyBubbles said:

I hate my pubic hair, have hated ever since it came as a teenager, I was gutted, I'm 38 and use hair hair removal cream every week (with sudercrem afterwards as it can get a bit burny), I have looked into laser hair removal and should be ok as I'm light brown in hair colour but it's not looking good for when I get old and grey as apparently some of the  laser hair removers struggle with grey hairs 

You're 38 buddy?!???? I thought you were 55. That's good to know!??♥️? Big hugs! You're a good baby! I love you very much.?♥️

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, TommyBubbles said:

I hate my pubic hair, have hated ever since it came as a teenager, I was gutted, I'm 38 and use hair hair removal cream every week (with sudercrem afterwards as it can get a bit burny), I have looked into laser hair removal and should be ok as I'm light brown in hair colour but it's not looking good for when I get old and grey as apparently some of the  laser hair removers struggle with grey hairs 

@TommyBubbles

they say that pubic hair is supposed to protect everything downstairs. It's supposed to hold sweat and it's supposed to be able to be like a layer of protection. what I find with my pubic hair is that it grows, and it grows wild all over the place, it gets all matted and knotted, and then because of the fact that it's supposed to hold back your sweat, that it stinks. That's what it's supposed to do I guess it's supposed to protect everything downstairs, but I have noticed that the only time my pubic hair was actually a protection, was when it was a lot thicker. I remember shaving it off at 16, because it just itched. Then I learned that every time you shave it off, it gets itchier and itchy, I have it down to where it's not as bushy as it was, but it can be annoying.

So I have this shaving tool from a company named Happy Nuts, and it'll allow you to go in with a waterproof shaving apparatus, And you can go and shave everything off, everywhere on your body. you just have to be extra careful that you don't get it caught you're trying to shave it off, and you have to be extra extra careful when you are going real close, 'cause you could nick yourself, But this thing I use doesn't Nick too much.

Every once in a while I will go in and I will shave it all off: Once you actually shave it off and you feel better, it will feel really good. All I can say is I ended up doing it the first time and I ended up spending about an hour and 45 minutes just doing that, because it was so badly matted and it was really really awful. Once I did that comment was really easy.

You just have to make sure that you're taken care of everything downstairs, because you don't want there to be infections, you don't want there to be rashes or anything like that. pubic hair can cause that issue because you can get it caught in your razors, And you can also get rashes because of the shaving. You just have to be extra careful, and you put shampoo on your pubic hair to clean it, And then when you clean it all off, just make sure that your skin is moisturized. If it is, are you oil it up, it should be OK. but be extra careful, because your pubic hair does being there, even though I don't like mine to get too bushy.

Brian

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, TommyBubbles said:

I've never been lucky with shaving, I've had a few rashes, not a good place for a rash that is going to get a wee shower lol, hence why I've been using nair

@TommyBubbles

That electric shaver that I was talking about, that is designed for taking care of pubic hair! you we'll have to be careful, but you could literally shave all your hair right off your shaft, with no problem at all. if it's all tangled of course, it might take awhile, and you have to be careful because you have to go in and find it all, cut it off. if you're used to it, it won't be bad, it's like using a microscreen razor.

Ive never been lucky with Nair, it just sprays on, and then all of a sudden I'm supposed to wait five or ten minutes It looks like it's doing its job, and ends up popping and snapping, And then I end up wiping it off, but I end up pulling most of it out by the roots anyway, so that's not good.

Brian

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TommyBubbles said:

Ouch Brian. That sounds painful 

@TommyBubbles

Nope:  the only reason it would hurt, is if you had hair in there that was really matted, and the first time you do it, of course is gonna be hair that probably hasn't been cut in a long time, so you're gonna end up feeling a little funny, but I can guarantee you you'll feel a lot better once all the hair is gone. I have to from time to time go across it to keep it short, so that it's easy.

Brian

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ~Brian~ said:

@TommyBubbles

they say that pubic hair is supposed to protect everything downstairs....

@~Brian~, hair on humans is an inherited trait from when we ran around naked, and the hair kept us warm as a form of coat / insulation. Paleoanthropology identifies that man came from apes or ape like creatures who had hair covering their whole body. Since we are clothed for the last 100,000 years, the need for hair is now a recessive gene and is slowly dying out however, androgenic hair (normally refered to as hair that grows past puberty) seems, by statistics, to be getting thicker per generation. What controls the quantity / speed of growth of this hair is ones testosterone levels and or hormonal balance. An old proverb identifies that the more stressed/worried a person is, the more hairy s/he is liek to be. This is one of the reasons that some people tend to avoid heavily bearded men, and why, to some, visibly hairy women are a turn off. However, in colder climates, hairy males / females tend to be more attractive. 

The hair that is being refered to is genital hair, which is normally thicker. The location of this hair tends to sweat less than the rest of the body due to the different temperatures required other than body temperature for the production of sperm (in males). Females have similar hair for the same reason, although they do not produce sperm. As a result, the associated glands release a thicker, more oily sweat. When this is mixed with urea (from urine), this can cause a fungal infection rather than simple caustic skin breakdown.

This hair can be shaved, but cut hair is sharp and hurts. Using hair removal products like nair etc. is less than effective due to the oily substance on the hair plus the thickness of the hair. Also, hair removal products only remove up to 1-2mm below skin level. As a result, the hair will continue to groww where one hopes it grows back out the same hole it used to be. Otherwise, one gets an ingrowing hair which can easily become infected and need medical intervention.

Some here have mentioned waxing. Waxing does remove a percentage of these hairs from the root, but also lifts a layer of skin cells (both dead and alive ones). This is needed to be repeated on a regular basis as the root is still alive and will continue to produce new hairs. The risk of ingrowing hairs grown from the root is much less than hair removal products. Also, the hair tends to grow back lighter and lighter on each new growth. However, the hairs will always grow back.

Electrolisis is supposed to kill the root, and therefore remove all hairs now and in the future, but due to the huge count of hair folicles at the genital location, and that groups of them grow on a cycle that changes every so often, and unless electrolisis is done correctly (most practioners take shortcuts and do not kill the root) this process has to be repeated a minimum of 20-30 times (depending on the person).

The most effective way of hair removal is laser, where the hair root is killed not only in its growing cycle, but also the dormant cycles. Compared to all other forms of hair removal, laser is new, and its permanance is still being tested. I would suspect that unless the focal point of the laser is set to the correct skin depth, the roots are not being killed. One should be able to notice this in the second part of laser, the removal of the hairs. Since there should be nothing at the root holding the hair in, other than the friction between the hair and the skin, this type of hair should really fall out in a shower within 12-24 hours after the laser treatment. If one has to refer to waxing to remove these hairs, the hair is still attached to a living root.

Electronic processes (laser / electrolisis) try to electro-chemically (via change of ph) destroy the hair root. Waxing trys to pull out the root with the hair.

Since hair removal has been going on since circa 3,000 B.C. (waxing in some form, but mostly shaving), it is surprising that we still have not got a process that works today other than some forms of chemo-therapy, and in that, it is, for some, and unwanted side effect.

Finally:

It is better, medically, scientifically and emotionally, if you are wearing and using diapers, to have your area free from hair. However, that been said, unless you wish to cover the expense of repetitive laser treatment, a hair shaver set to be 2" lenght will have to suffice. Waxing will damage the skin that one is trying to remove the hair to enhance. On top of this, baby wipes on every change, and daily shower and dry the area to ensure baby is clean. Baby powder is not a good idea as all it does is clump up when wet and create 'hot spots' of rash. Diaper rash cream is a must around both openings and in the skin folds.

Diaper rash makes babies cranky and irratable... and is best avoided. Fungal infection will rapidly grow is area is not cleaned well, and usually requires specific cream.

• Thanks 1

Shaving cost money..

I did another take on shaving downstairs and while it feels good, not sure its worth it. 

Laser is the only way to go if you are young.
In the long run you save money, but as you get older, you save less and less. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have shaved with an electric razor for years now, just need to go slowly and watch what your doing. I always coat everything with a good amount of Vaseline after I'm finished. I can sometimes be a little sensitive after I'm finished so maybe not for everyone. I prefer to be smooth as It makes cleanup much easier for me and helps cut down on odor. But you do what's best for you. 

I was just saying another message board how I feel an advantage of shaving includes the fact that the skin's nerve endings get to feel so much more contact when they are not covered in pubic hair. I love having my soft diaper pulled up against my freshly shaved skin. It feels amazing! Hair blocks the soft padding from making contact.

15 minutes ago, Wheels said:

I was just saying another message board how I feel an advantage of shaving includes the fact that the skin's nerve endings get to feel so much more contact when they are not covered in pubic hair. I love having my soft diaper pulled up against my freshly shaved skin. It feels amazing! Hair blocks the soft padding from making contact.

@Wheels

not only that, but my doctor once told me that the pubic hair is supposed to protect that region. my feeling is, that although pubic hair is supposed to protect that region, what usually happens if you don't take care of it is that it will start to be knotted, ratty, and then and then it will grow and grow and grow, you have is this Humongous Bush, which you have to go in there and basically use a Weed Wacker to be able to get all of that hair out of there. I agree with you that having no pubic hair is a lot better for people that are in diapers, because not only does that hair grow like a weed, but that can also pick up the odors of the urine or fecal matter, and that can be a pain in the butt!

It also feels good when you can go in there and you can get rid of all the scenarios scraggly hair that you deal with, but you don't see. When you have to take care of yourself in the pubic region, it's a lot easier as you said, to just be able to go in and wipe down all that area and clean yourself off.

the first time I use my pubic hair trimmer, I ended up turning it on, and I went into the shower 'cause she's waterproof. I spent one hour just going down through and cleaning up all this hair that was all over the place, and it just took seconds! Once you actually shave all that ridiculous hair out of there, all it does is make it real easy You might make four swipes or so and the hair starts coming off really good. Sometimes I have to go back and forth to make sure that I'm getting it all, but it really works well.

The last piece was to take the whole entire triangle air section of that bush, and go right down the middle side to side, cutting all the hair off! Once I did that, just like you said, this felt like $1,000,000.  Now that I have this trimmer, I can simply turn it on when I see something that needs to be taken out, and I just shave it off, and then can wash that area and clean it all out.

I also agree with you that it feels better to not have any hair in your in your pubic region then to have a ton of it, and then have your cutters get stuck in it because it's all nodded and ratted. If you don't have that hair all over yourself, it can't get all mangled and disheveled, and you can clean it up like you would shave every morning.

Good Luck!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
word edits
  • Like 1
On 2/4/2023 at 6:09 PM, ~Brian~ said:

...but my doctor once told me that the pubic hair is supposed to protect that region.

@~Brian~ You, and your doctor is somewhat correct. In males, it allows for airflow and reduced temperatures (lower than body temperature) around the genitalia (ideal is 3-4 degrees lower than body temp) to allow the production of sperm. However, when wrapped in a diaper, this area can be warmer than body temperature which has a direct relationship to sperm production. (i.e male diaper wearers commonly produce less sperm than non diaper wearers) Some physicians suggest increasing almond intake (argintine) to counteract this. This is also mentioned in the 12 Month Diaper Program.

I would suspect that we / humans would be happier and probably healthier if we were naked 24/7. Babies love to run around naked or just in their diapers. It is only convention that we wear clothing. @Wheels identified how wonderful a diaper feels with skin contact (no hair blocking it)... something a baby adores also, but a baby also gets skin to skin contact with another. Those with active children will have noticed how their child will attempt to strip itself - i.e remove shoes and socks when it can manage to get the cordination to do same.  

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...