LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Care Down There To Open Soon!

Greetings and Happy Canada Day!

It's time to celebrate in more ways than one. Are you tired of not being able to order what YOU want, simply because you live in the land of igloos and polar bears?

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Shaun, the owner of CDT Medical Supply Ltd., or as the business licence says, "Care Down There".

Here's a quick run down of the five W's in classic reverse order...

Why?

How many times have you had the desire to order a premium product, only to find that it is not available in Canada, or the shipping costs would drive the price out of your reach? That pretty much sums up the why. If there is a demand from our customer base, we will do our best to import the product and make it available at a reasonable cost. We are here to bridge the gap.

When?

We've been conducting super stealth research to see what our customer base wants for the last eight months. OK... you got me. We read the forums just like you.

The time has come to introduce ourselves so we can get a better idea of who exactly wants what. We're at the stage where we have a fully functioning company with an office and licences and a bank and all that good stuff, and our realtor is hard at work locating a suitable warehouse for us. We have lines out to a few of the vendors and we're calculating shipping times and costs. So NOW is the time to make our presence known so YOU can speak up. We'd like to be in full operation, shipping product, by September 1, 2010, shipping what YOU want.

Where?

We're in Edmonton, Alberta. Our product will mostly arrive via Vancouver and ride the train up to the CN intermodal terminal in West Edmonton, where we will transport and store to our warehouse. From there we will ground ship across Canada.

What?

Well, that's the question for YOU. As I mentioned above, we are trying to talk to as many vendors as we can. Some are open to Canadian distributorship, and some are not. The majority of vendors will want us to import by the full container, so we have to ensure our customers are interested in what we stock before we stock it. We want to please as many people as possible but at the same time we have to keep a reasonable numbers of products on the go, so we will not be able to get everything. At least ... not yet.

Who?

Who the heck are we? Hopefully the answer you've been looking for! But seriously, I'm a 32 year old entrepreneur who is tired of the computer-based businesses that I've grown so far, and it's time to move to a new industry. I'm not new to business, and I will strive to provide you with the product and service you desire.

Now, where are we at right now?

Our website is non-existent. Why? Mostly because I can't decide what shopping cart system I am going to use! I need something that is going to be easy for you and make it easy for me to integrate and ship. That's in the works this week.

Our office is empty, since I'm out looking for warehouse space. So at this point in time, I won't post our phone number, because I don't want you to get a phone that is not being answered. Also, the toll-free number is not up yet, and I don't want you paying for the calls either.

I will however, give you the e-mail address where you can send your requests, questions, likes, dislikes, bad poetry, karma, or whatever happens to be on your mind. It is sales@cdtmedical.ca

I want to hear from you. Seriously. If you live in Canada, this is your chance to speak up and demand product. Without your thoughts, we won't know what to negotiate to bring in. Well, I mean, I know what you want, but how many of you want X and how many want Y? That's what I need to know.

So please... comment reply, or e-mail us. We'd like to start importing product ASAP as it can take eight to ten weeks for it to arrive.

And hey... nice to meet you. Hope to talk to you soon.

Soon as there is more to tell, it shall be told!

Basically just getting all the ducks in a row with shipping and customs, duties, sales tax, search fees, container storage *YAWN* trucking rates, looking for dock loading warehouse space *YAAAWN* insurance blah blah blah

You get the idea :) The simple idea of getting a product and reselling it complicates logarithmically when importing is involved :crybaby:

Yep... that's it.. but when you think about it there's a few phases that fit...

Canada Diaper Traders ... or

Canada Diaper Truckers.. lol .. or

Can Dispose These ...

Couldn't Directly Transport ... that explains us too...

Can't Direct in Toilet ... :roflmao:

I could go on. :lol:

Yay finaly folks that thinks about us canadien folks :)

As For Now the Top on my mind would be

Secure personal care

Kendall Lille ?

As to my knowlege i have contacted them and they do not have any suplier in canada or are in the works with that

As of this moment, I am speaking with both Unique Wellness and Dry Care about bringing in initial small scale shipments. When they arrive we will be sending out free samples to interested customers so they can decide if they would like to order them. After that, we'll take pre-orders against bringing in full container loads (which are anywhere from 650 to 1000 cases, depending on vendor and size). This keeps our exposure and risk balanced and avoids stocking product that is not wanted.

If UW & Dry Care don't pan out, then we will advance to the next vendor. If they do pan out, then once our first containers have arrived and partially sold, then we still go for another vendor. We'll keep trying vendors in this model one by one until we land on the ones that are the most popular.

Container loads of these product are about the cost of a luxury vehicle, so we need to watch our steps carefully. Thus for our first few vendor setups we will not choose ones that are already available in Canada through B4NS or direct ship from XP, etc., but we will look at them in the future once we are better established. We want to be able to service you properly and in the long term.

So again, I ask you for your feedback. Knowing the first two brands we intend to import, we'd like to hear your thoughts if you'd be interested in receiving samples, ordering product, or what else is on your mind. Feel free to email me at sales@cdtmedical.ca or post a comment here!

Cheers!

Maybe you could partner up with someone too in the US to get us the products from the UK and Canada that the US citizens may want. Sounds like a promising idea. I still can't believe in this day and age we are limited to what we can buy and where without spending an arm and a leg to do so.

I'm from the US but good luck an hopefully you can parter up with someone here too and run one out of the US if everything goes well!!!

As of this moment, I am speaking with both Unique Wellness and Dry Care about bringing in initial small scale shipments.

Are their products actually physically distinct? It's been a while since I wore them both but I seem to recall they're different labels on the same diaper or at least, it appeared and felt that way? Something to check and be aware of before you go buying a container of each! :)

Another well known diaper that is in fair market with the Abena, Wellness and DryCare is the Secure XPlus diaper.

This diaper is only available in the US and not shipped to Canada either.

You can get Bambino Biancos and Classicos from B4NS in Canada (although they seem to be mostly back-ordered at the moment). They're the same underlying diaper as Secure X-Plus, just without the pattern on the landing zone (or with the baby print for Classico) and the wetness indicator.

Hi folks,

Seems we've had our first bump in the road and our e-mail isn't working properly. Apologies if you e-mailed this week and received a bounce back. It should hopefully be working again soon, so please keep trying.

I really wish that someone in North America would carry European Tena Slip Maxis. Even if it was in Canada I could arrange international shipping to get them. Importing them from Germany is way too expensive.

• Like 1

Let's address some PEEEEeess... :lol:

Privacy

Privacy is one of our founding policies. As part of our product quality testing, we will be opening all boxes to ensure the right product is indeed inside. Since we are opening the boxes, we will be turning them all inside out if they have markings, and re-taping them back up. This way the product will not be identifiable.

Since the case shipments are within Canada, there is no reason for any of the shipping companies to open the boxes as there is no customs - that is handled on the way to us!

Shipping labels will say CDTMS LTD and our address, plus your shipping information and a barcode. Nothing more. Your invoice will be tucked inside the box so there is nothing for anyone to snoop into.

Progress...

On another note, our merchant account has been created, and I really need to get that online store up and running!! I am training someone to take over my job I'm leaving, so I've been a bit tied up.

Our E-mail appears to be all in order again, so please keep those comments coming - sales@cdtmedical.ca

Payment

We understand not everyone has access to a credit card, or does not want to pay the fees associated with a pre-paid card. We will accept Canada Post money orders for shipments, with immediate ship upon receipt.

Why Canada Post?

- Easily accessible at a large number of PO outlets including the ones in the back of Shoppers Drug Marts, convenience stores

- They have a 1-800 verification number. The moment we receive them, we can verify they are authentic and ship your product the same day without waiting for bank clearance.

- They are also one of the cheapest MO to buy over the counter (unless you have a bank account that covers them)

- If you want to pay by credit card but are worried about giving out your credit card information over the Internet, you can purchase a CPMO using credit cards.

- They are all computer printed now, nothing to fill out. Simply go to the counter, give our name, the amount, and you can pay by credit/debit card or cash.

Quick and easy, and hey, you have to mail it to us, so you are already going to the post office.... see? :D Buy your MO, envelope and stamp, fold up your order printout, lick, bang, drop. Done!

Product

Dry Care and Unique Wellness - to my knowledge, yes, they are made in the same factory, but I am waiting for confirmation on that. I may only bring in one, and right now, I am leaning towards Dry Care. They tried to call me today and I missed it, so hopefully more details tomorrow.

Secure X-Plus and Bambino, same company, and since B4NS carries Bambino I will not be contacting them just yet.

Cheers for now!

We've spoken with Dry Care this morning and we're beginning arrangements on shipping in a mixed container of Medium and Large product. Currently the small product has not yet been re-tooled into the newer, more absorbent product so we'll only be getting medium and large for now.

The case price hasn't been determined yet, but as soon as I get the shipping and customs pricing from my broker I'll be able to set a price.

I really need to get that online store up...

Cheers

I use the Bambino's exclusively these days but I am always up to giving another brand a shot. I can't recommend any brands though as the 3 I like are already available through your competitor. I would be interested in seeing your prices once you get up and running.

If by "here" you mean to SLC, I would not be able to do that within a price range you'd want to pay, since I am Canadian based.

But I have full intention to check them out for shipping within Canada.

No... I mean if you can get them to North America period people will buy them.

Right now my only option is to import via air from Germany... too expensive. I could easily have a case or two brought from Canada to the US on the company FedEx account with no issues. I send and receive stuff from Canada all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I know we are sort of duplicating efforts in two posts, but I wanted to just add a note to the end of this post in case people have it subscribed.

If you do, please shift your subscription to the other post regarding Dry 24/7, as I will continue to post updates there.

Our first shipment has been ordered and we are expecting product in early to mid September. Right now it is on the manufacturing line.

I will not post anymore updates in this thread.

Cheers!