LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Would It Be Legal To Open An Establishment Like This?

Guest diaperguy68

Guest diaperguy68

A dream of mine is to open a restaurant that only employs female waitresses. Ok some men could be hired too, for equal opportunity employment. But I want it so that all female waitresses have to wear diapers. So they would serve you at your table in only a thick diaper and the company tshirt/slogan.

Wearing diapers is legal, but why would not concealing them be illegal?

• Like 3
  1. Wearing diapers may be legal, but only employing staff that wear diapers is called discrimination.
  2. Forcing staff to wear diapers is infringement of personal rights and freedom.
  3. Failure to conceal ones undergarments verges on prostitution. In some states / countries, it is also illegal for a diaper wearing child to not have their diaper covered.
  4. Forcing a staff member to dress in such a manner as to expose their undergarments IS infringement on their right to privacy.
  5. Causing a staff member embarrassment by forcing them to expose diapers IS infringement on their right to privacy.
  6. Forcing a staff member to USE a diaper IS an infringement on their rights. All staff, by law, MUST have access to a bathroom, and allowed time to use same, while in the performance of their duties. = INTERNATIONAL LAW, not only valid in the USA
#1 to #6 are all criminal offenses and you would not last long in business. If you chose to wear diapers, and expose them to anyone, YOU can be prosecuted for indecent exposure.
  • Like 6

I think if you got past all the previous points, the vanilla public & department of health would not be very responsive to your concept

I think in a nursery themed restaurant the uniform would be legal, but requiring anyone to use the diapers wouldn't fly. It usually takes a start up restaurant at least years to turn a profit so I would recommend having at least a million dollars on hand for start up costs and to live off of while waiting for your business to really get going. After all that demographics are too narrowly defined to be profitable.

1. Wearing diapers may be legal, but only employing staff that wear diapers is called discrimination.
  2. Forcing staff to wear diapers is infringement of personal rights and freedom.
  3. Failure to conceal ones undergarments verges on prostitution. In some states / countries, it is also illegal for a diaper wearing child to not have their diaper covered.
  4. Forcing a staff member to dress in such a manner as to expose their undergarments IS infringement on their right to privacy.
  5. Causing a staff member embarrassment by forcing them to expose diapers IS infringement on their right to privacy.
  6. Forcing a staff member to USE a diaper IS an infringement on their rights. All staff, by law, MUST have access to a bathroom, and allowed time to use same, while in the performance of their duties. = INTERNATIONAL LAW, not only valid in the USA
#1 to #6 are all criminal offenses and you would not last long in business. If you chose to wear diapers, and expose them to anyone, YOU can be prosecuted for indecent exposure.

Uh, you mean to say that it's highly dependent upon the standards and laws of the community that you are operating the business in, right? There are also a load of assumptions in your post beyond that. Did he mention anything about forcing his employees to actually use the diapers? Not that I see. So where did you get that from?

Good grief, you're a smart guy, but you pass conjecture off as fact an awful lot.

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/

waitresses.jpg

OP, the biggest problem you are going to have with such a restaurant in all likelihood is having enough demand to stay in business. I doubt that the majority of the populace would like to see somebody in adult diapers bringing their meal out.

OP, the biggest problem you are going to have with such a restaurant in all likelihood is having enough demand to stay in business. I doubt that the majority of the populace would like to see somebody in adult diapers bringing their meal out.

True. What you have to remember is not a lot of the general public is aware of the AB/DL lifestyle, and those that are think we are pedofiles or that we are disgusting beings. Just because we AB/DL's enjoy this lifestyle and sometimes fantasize about some things (like a restaraunt with diapered watresses), dosn't mean it's practical or that the rest of the world would like it or think it's a cool idea. Legality aside, I think you would go bankrupt within a month no matter how good the food is. There just isn't a market for a diaper waitress restaraunt that could sustain it.

True. What you have to remember is not a lot of the general public is aware of the AB/DL lifestyle, and those that are think we are pedofiles or that we are disgusting beings. Just because we AB/DL's enjoy this lifestyle and sometimes fantasize about some things (like a restaraunt with diapered watresses), dosn't mean it's practical or that the rest of the world would like it or think it's a cool idea. Legality aside, I think you would go bankrupt within a month no matter how good the food is. There just isn't a market for a diaper waitress restaraunt that could sustain it.

not unless he puts it out as a fetish restuant, and makes it clear about being 18 to enter etc, then he'll get all sorts of costumers. It also depends on the area i think... If he opens up where theres say a fetish market near by or an GLBT area then I see it being more successful then opening it up on say the high street.

I'd also like to point out that it is not illegal if the staff sign on there contract that they are well aware of the dress code. And in a lot of places its not illegal to not have a rest room either.

Yeah well they sure like those orange silky shorts though.! :P

mmmmmm.....orange shorts! :D

*Snap* :o uhhh...anyways....errrr...if you did this like it was a costume, and the diaper part was non-functional, kind of like the ones that sell at Halloween, it might work...but you have to have paying customers, so not only would you have to offer some kind of 'eye candy' but a good menu with quality food items as well. Tough challenge there. I work in a restaurant, and though we don't wait tables (if its slow we will) we still interact with customers and try to make the visit entertaining, memorable and fun.

One thing to remember, is that dining out is a LUXURY and a treat. In todays economy with tight money, and depending on your location (location, location, location) not many people might have the funds to spend on the novelty that you offer. worst case scenario, you attract a bunch of perverts repeatedly who are only interested in your employees, and sadly it does happen :( waitresses and female bartenders get attacked or assaulted every year. A female bartender was reported missing last year and her body was found up in the local mountains about a week later. I was working with one of her friends when it happened..... sad stuff.

Anyways....*shrug* you can make it a legal thing, using the uniforms as a costume as many paces do...but I doubt there would be much demand for it, though you could follow "Hooters" lead....who knows?? :P

qwack

Since restaurant laws vary so much from one jurisdiction to another, once you have drafted your business plan, find a local attorney to research the legal situation.

Would having only female servers wearing diapers improve the odds of your restaurant being a success? If you search the past posts here on DD, you will find a whole lot of proposed AB/DL related business plans. Are any of those still in business?

Think about such huge USA cities as New York City and Los Angeles. Both have a large and active AB/DL population. None currently have anything like this proposal. Could there be a reason? It is hardly as if NYC has overly prudish attitudes about kinky businesses. Club Paddles has been a spanking success for 20 or so years. My experience is the general public is more open to adults spanking other adults than eating in a place where adult diapers are obvious.

it is not illegal for a business to not provide restroom facilities to patrons, however employees MUST be garunteed restroom use. This is illegal, you cannot deny an employee the right to use the restroom...

If the person is well aware of the dress code and it is written into the contract and other paperwork they sign when they begin employment then it is NOT illegal, for example bikini barista's, bikini bartenders, strip clubs, hooters restaurants, and any other business that requires their employees to dress in any manner, whether provocative or not. For example when i worked at home depot, i had to wear either polo shirts or women's blouses, we were not allowed to wear tee shirts at all... nothing illegal about requiring me to wear certain clothing... as long as i am aware, and agree to it..

exposing your underwear is not necesarrily illegal, and if it is a business, which is private then its legal... look at the underwear cowboy in new york city, he plays his guitar just in his underwear in public every day ....

Indecent exposure seems to vary from place to place. I've seen some instances on shows like Cops, where they consider exposed underwear to be indecent. It also may be part of the context of the situation. New York is known for its weirdos, so they let the underwear cowboy slide. Try doing that in small-town Kansas, and you'll probly go to jail. You'd have more freedom if you established that the business was for adults only, rather than just open to the general public, or as a "family environment". This goes back to the context thing. If the environment is intended to be for adults, then you can generally get away with stuff like skimpy clothing and exposed underwear. That generally won't fly in a family setting, and may be controversial in a "open to the general public" setting. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if there wound up being something requiring stuff like the gals wearing underwear under the diapers.

course hooters isn't really advertised as a adults only restuarant... but a sports bar/family restaurant... the few times i've been there, i have seen many families eating.

A dream of mine is to open a restaurant that only employs female waitresses. Ok some men could be hired too, for equal opportunity employment. But I want it so that all female waitresses have to wear diapers. So they would serve you at your table in only a thick diaper and the company tshirt/slogan.

Wearing diapers is legal, but why would not concealing them be illegal?

Imagine the smell of other stuff than food from the group of persons who would come there and think it was ok they also wore a nappy, and that they did ofcourse have to use it since it's on. I guess you would have troubles hiring/paying anyone enough to take the job, especiaally since you'll be serving a very small exclusive group of pee ple.. afteralll you'll not be serving anyone using nappies, or anyone liking to watch waitresses in nappies, but only those who like to see waitresses in napies while they eat, and not caring about the possible smell from the neighbouring tables. Besides that you'll probably meet a wall of militant womens rights fighters in front of the restaurant evry day doing their best to scare off all customers and applicants for the many vacant jobs. But onlyy way to find out, try it, maybe you hit a nieche no one had ever thought of needed to be served and be able to open restaurants in avry city in evry country, could be that evrybody needd this as much as they need a bun consisting of almost only air with a thin slice of cooked ground beef in the middle.

course hooters isn't really advertised as a adults only restuarant... but a sports bar/family restaurant... the few times i've been there, i have seen many families eating.

And thats ok, the sooner babies learn where the food comes from the better it is.

There would certainly be a lot of negative publicity... I imagine it would be all over the news, and especially covered by shows like the Daily Show. None of which would have a positive outlook on it.

Uh, you mean to say that it's highly dependent upon the standards and laws of the community that you are operating the business in, right? There are also a load of assumptions in your post beyond that. Did he mention anything about forcing his employees to actually use the diapers? Not that I see. So where did you get that from?

Good grief, you're a smart guy, but you pass conjecture off as fact an awful lot.

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/

waitresses.jpg

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Babykeiff, you wouldn't be breaking ANY laws at all in most communities. Bikini's can be worn at the beach all day long so why not in a restaurant? Covers less than a diaper would. Some shorts like a hooters I gaurantee cover less than a diaper would. Also, wouldn't have to use diapers for their intended purspose but if they did willingly you're escentially saying it's unsanitary and the health board would be on them. Sooooo does that mean anyone who needs and uses diapers could not work in the food service industry? Nope!

I agree to to the OP it would be pretty hard to have a business like this and have it successful. It would probably have to be a kid restaurant that all the staff dressed up as little kids/ babies like a Chuck E Cheese or something with games too.

I would suggest opening it as a private club restaraunt for ABDL members 18+ only. Members can be pre screened to keep the pervs and predators out. Open in a large city with a large ABDL demographic. While diaper wearing could be mandatory dress code for serving staff, diaper use should be discouraged for sanitary reasons, and staff could be allowed to wear underwear beneath the diaper. Kitchen staff shoud definitely wear full kitchen attire - picture a 45 year old balding, slightly overweight and hairy New York male wearing nothing but a diaper and a shirt flippin burgers! :o

Since restaurant laws vary so much from one jurisdiction to another, once you have drafted your business plan, find a local attorney to research the legal situation.

Would having only female servers wearing diapers improve the odds of your restaurant being a success? If you search the past posts here on DD, you will find a whole lot of proposed AB/DL related business plans. Are any of those still in business?

Think about such huge USA cities as New York City and Los Angeles. Both have a large and active AB/DL population. None currently have anything like this proposal. Could there be a reason? It is hardly as if NYC has overly prudish attitudes about kinky businesses. Club Paddles has been a spanking success for 20 or so years. My experience is the general public is more open to adults spanking other adults than eating in a place where adult diapers are obvious.

-----------------------------------

Thanks, Angela

A very reasoned response that puts the prospect into a 'reality' perspective. Well said.

after reading a few more replies... it would be cool, if say a certain munch got big enough, and had enough financial support to say like do a 'new years' dinner where you hire professional 'models' or whatever to act as waitress's and waiters, and have your friends get all dressed up and be served by women in diapers with say some cute little shirt on that say different things like "big baby" etc.... could be a very fun invite only private party....

something to perhaps start looking into for a year or two from now, get a bunch of active people in a munch, or even just a group of abdl/s who want to go in and finance this sort of party... also i know some fetish clubs have rooms that could be rented out for this type of event...

If you were to hire a staff as "Models who serve" (Thanks, Ocean's Thirteen!) then you can require them to dress in any attire deemed proper to your specifications, as well as discriminate based on sex and other factors, including those in the "protected" status category. The legality of what you're trying to accomplish relies solely upon your description of the job your potential principals are to perform.

Sarah's idea of a private party with diapered models/servers isn't as farfetched as the original post. A one-time event for like-minded friends to attend would be ideal, since this isn't something that's sustainable for any significant length of time due in part to its novelty and lack of customer base.

Hooters is a franchise, and can be bought; clearly its business model is not only sustainable, but profitable for those who choose to buy in. While they are allowed to be elitist in their hiring practices, I've yet to hear of one involved in a discrimination lawsuit as a result. (How many fat chicks get denied a Hooters job every year?) Another perfect example -- strip clubs. While I'm sure that each and every one of us has been subjected to discrimination in the hiring process for a job (whether we knew it or not), filing suit against a business entity is a long, and rather expensive endeavour. If you're already unemployed, it would seem irresponsible and wasteful to gamble on such a legal action.

Bottom line, OP: If you want to start a restaurant, go for it. Subway franchises start at 35k, and are a fantastic investment. Currently, they're the Number One franchise -- above McDs! And at only 12.5% royalties, if you can pull at least 7500/wk in gross sales, you'll do just fine.