LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

For All Cloth Diaper Wearers?

Cloth Diapers  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of cloth diapers are most popular?

2. 2. Do you wear in public?

3. 3. If you wear in public do you need a onsie?

To all those who wear cloth diapers 24/7 or at least as their main diaper: What kind of cloth diaper do you wear?

1. Flat

2. Pre-folded

3. Contour

4. Pull up kind

5. All in one

I'm trying to decide if cloth diapers would be feasible in public, like at my job where I work side by side with people. You could also add noise factor into your post. I've never worn plastic pants out in public. So I have no idea how noisy they are.

Welll.....like disposable diapers, or most anything else, this comes down to personal preference. personally, I used to fold diapers (or the fabrics i used as diapers) for years, and got tired of it, and really wanted some prefolds. FINALLY, when I went on-line I found what I was looking for a bought them. The only decision I had to make was what material i wanted them made from (either birdseye or gauze) so I got a little of both...and I L*O*V*E them :wub: No more folding! YAY! :D

Some people like the flat diapers so they can customize them how they like. I have a couple of contour fits also, which I'm not totally satisfied with really, but I'll keep looking.

I just depends on what you like or want, I wanted to NOT have to fold anymore (or have minimal folding) so I chose what I wanted...people are different...and you really have to think about it and what you like or want. What LOOKS good?? if that matters..or what might be more functional...You need these answers before you buy anything, since cloth is more expensive.

Check ebay under 'adult cloth diapers" and sometimes a deal comes along thats pretty good, but you have to look.

Thats all I can add, sorry, it really comes down to personal desire and what you like.

qwack

Keep your eyes on the swinging pocket-watch and keep repeating "Square Duck in Diapers"- Now you're doing fine :P

Wearing cloth diapers is a much different experience. My flat-folded Birdseye diapers don't hide well on me :o but I almost always wear plastic panties ;) So far no problems there. The sound they make under clothing is so subtle that almost any background noise will mask it :thumbsup: Having said that, if someone works really close to you and is more than averagely aware of sound, they might hear- and coupled with what they see you might get discovered :( Women have better hearing than men. Plus women notice things far better than men, so there's another extenuation of circumstances to consider. My own hearing isn't good and I've heard myself crinkle at work, but usually there's enough other noise so that I don't worry.

It seems fit has something to do with that- it's the plastic moving that makes the crinkle blush.gif Worst is when the stress is diagonal, causing a long fold or crease to move. The plastic itself matters too with the cheapest ones usually being somewhat louder :rolleyes: For me none of this is a problem, though when ultimate discretion is called for I wear a cloth-backed pull-up and euther PUL Salk Sani-pants or a pair of nylon panties over that B) If you're going to let it worry you, then you might want to first try this in other quiet public settings to settle your mind :mellow: And you need to recognize that there's always a small chance of exposure, even in a 'perfect' setting :unsure: You really need to be ready and comfortable with how you're going to handle that possibility before wearing any diaper outside of your home.

Many people wear cloth diapers and plastic panties 24/7 with nobody being the wiser about it so you can too. I prefer mine for home wear only because of the bulk. A contour diaper might help there, but I like the folding and the bulk of my chosen diapers :wub: Putting one on or changing takes time and forces me to concentrate on the experience which I also like. That's another issue with cloth diapers- you have to do something with the wet ones when you change; they're too expensive to toss in the garbage. Nothing that can't be overcome with a plan, some experimenting, and some common sense angel_not.gif

Bettypooh, still tired of typing in text instead of clicking to get my precious emoticons to appear :crybaby::badmood::bash:

Well I prefer mostly a pocket diaper, I guess most like an all in one. I wear in public occasionally but no I don't use a onesie most of the time. I also have flat diapers, I would like a good pre-fold but most I find are ridiculously expensive, I don't get spending 20 + dollars on an adult pre-fold when I can get a pocket diaper for 10 dollars more...thats just my take on it anyway

I've been wearing cloth diapers at night for over 12 years. After trying diapers from Kins, Angelfluff and Adultclothdiaper.com, I have been wearing the 4-ply flat birdseye from ACD for the past 3.

They are much softer than flannel, easier to wash and dry and when worn in combination and layered properly are wonderful. Even though I wear a onesie, the birdseye don't stretch out while worn as much as the flannel so I could get away without one.

I wear mostly at home, so the bulk is not a problem. When I have gone out, I just reduce the number of layering.

CDL

As a DL for many years I have found cloth pullips are for me. Since I truely enjoy the feel of a wet diaper, I sometimes wear a disposable depends over to lengthen the time between changes. I don't usually wear in public, but a light cloth pullup {without plastic pants} gives the desired feeling without the noise. One must remember that the leak protection is not there.

I was once asked this by Criss and I made a zip file with the images and explanation. My diapers are specially made to save money and go a longer time between changes

My diaper

As one of the members in the same generation as most of the other responders to this post, I prefer cloth diapers but I don't think they are discrete enough for going out in public. At home I have used prefolds with pins/snappi and baby pants. I've tried buying pocket diapers but keep finding that they leak around the legs way too early. I'm in the middle of project to try to make a pocket diaper that doesn't leak like the others and will let this forum know if it works.

A pocket diaper has a waterproof shell and highly water permiable inner layer. The inner is usually 100% polyester in a thin microfiber suede weave and helps to keep your skin dry. In between, the pocket holds a highly absorbent pad that could be your flat or prefold diapers or a custom made microfiber terry or "Zorb" pad. The key advantage is that the soaker gets seperated from the shell for washing and drying. This solves the biggest problems with AIO diapers, particularly adult sized ones. They are notorious for taking forever to dry and being difficult to wash perfectly clean.

While I'm old enough to prefer cloth diapers, I appreciate the modern improvements to cloth diapering that have been developed.

Aloha,

Honu

Although because I am incontinent when I must be a responsible adult I wear disposables, only pinned gauze diapers enhance my AB play.

Since DPF went out of business I have bought my 36" square flat 2-ply gauze diapers from Adult Cloth Diapers.com I fasten one of those snug using ordinary infant diaper pins. Inside the large adult diaper I use 1 or more Gerber Birdseye baby prefolds as soaker.

Once Pampers brought out Cruisers with Dry Max I have substituted one or 2 of those for a baby prefold.

I use Kins soft thin vinyl pull-on pants, cat 10300V

While I do wear cloth ones occasionally, I mostly use disposables. Yes, cloth is more comfortable. I still hope to to not need my diapers some day, so I remain in this denial. Kind of like not buying cigarettes by the carton I suppose. On the plus side, I just flew from Seattle to London with only one change. ;)