LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Did Warn Them!

My doctor insisted on a urine sample and I reminded him I was incontinent and couldn't just go on demand. So we decided that I would sit in the examination room, holding a collection bottle, until I peed. I pointed out that I flood, and the collection bottle was going to be of no help at all. So, joking around, he produced a 2 liter glass vile that measured in millimeters. I sat there for three hours before I finally peed and he was in the room when it happened. We're friends and do community work together so we were just talking. It measured out to 1.735 liters! The urologist said it was impossible for a bladder to hold that much liquid. I let the doctor correct him. The urine test proved just fine, but now the urologist wants to do tests. I've had enough tests so I declined. I just have a really big bladder that fills all the way up before I void.

I feel for ya..

I'm not innocent but when i go i go for a good 2-3 minutes sometimes and its stil coming out, whats weird is i can go for days upon days of not needing to go and then suddenly i'd feel the urge.

I tend to pee a lot also, which kind of bugged me, so I don't feel so strange or alone :P

This is also why I like the heavier 'extended wear' diapers I use. I can wipe out a diaper in one good pee, and I have done it.....then I have to go change...UGH! So I stay with the Abena X or Eurobriefs and secure Xplus and Bambinos....anything less is almost a waste for me. I'm not nearly as 'talented' as Turtle pins, but when I need to go..I REALLY need to go and go a LOT! I try to avoid this, but it happens now and then...Especially when I travel and have to wait......then ....Look out! :P

qwack

• Like 1

The secret to long term diaper use is slow gentle peeing, Yes only if your bladder will let you do it that way.

I tend to fill for a while then release it all at once too, and when I'm sitting or lying down I seem to save pee up till I stand up then it all rushes out.

In the mornings when I wake I'm usually wet as I dribble in my sleep, but when I stand up I will wet heavily.

My urologist said it has to do with gravity and the pressure on the bladder outlet.

When I'm standing and walking around I tend to leak a little and often, I have to be carefull when showering or going to the bathroom because I can leak at all the wrong times usually on the floor when unprotected, I have got used to brushing my teeth and shaving before I take my diaper off in the morning.

My doctor insisted on a urine sample and I reminded him I was incontinent and couldn't just go on demand. So we decided that I would sit in the examination room, holding a collection bottle, until I peed. I pointed out that I flood, and the collection bottle was going to be of no help at all. So, joking around, he produced a 2 liter glass vile that measured in millimeters. I sat there for three hours before I finally peed and he was in the room when it happened. We're friends and do community work together so we were just talking. It measured out to 1.735 liters! The urologist said it was impossible for a bladder to hold that much liquid. I let the doctor correct him. The urine test proved just fine, but now the urologist wants to do tests. I've had enough tests so I declined. I just have a really big bladder that fills all the way up before I void.

Your Doctor sounds like a decent one, but I would dump any urologist who denies the obvious truth :huh: When I told the first surgeon who worked on my colon what I felt inside of me, he too said "That's impossible- you don't have any nerves like that there." Then he botched the surgery :bash:

People who aren't ready to accept the truth should be kept at a distance, if kept at all- especially Medical people who you are trusting with your very life :o

Bettypooh

You know turtlepins, the flooding can be good or bad depending on how you look at it. If you know you only void once and it's always big, well it sucks for the diaper as they typically not designed for flood(I'm assuming that's why you use cloth, much better for flood) but on the flip side you could probably almost not wear a diaper for an hour or two after a void since you're "building up" to the next one. Kind of nice I suppose too, not to dribble and what not while not diapered like out of the shower and what not.

Crazy though, nearly two liters voided. I imagine it's due to urine retention expanding the size of your bladder over the years which I'm sure you know is pretty risky really, but I'd imagine you already had test for that.

Your Doctor sounds like a decent one, but I would dump any urologist who denies the obvious truth :huh: When I told the first surgeon who worked on my colon what I felt inside of me, he too said "That's impossible- you don't have any nerves like that there." Then he botched the surgery :bash:

People who aren't ready to accept the truth should be kept at a distance, if kept at all- especially Medical people who you are trusting with your very life :o

Bettypooh

Bettypooh, there is nowhere in the body where one can't 'feel' or get some sensation. It is this feedback, that the body relies on to control itself. Certain places (brain / digestive system / lungs / heart) most people tend to ignore the feelings, but medical science is well aware that the nerves exist. There is a common myth that the brain does not 'feel'. It is true that the brain tissue do not have direct input for pain etc, but the brain DOES sense touch. That 'surgeon' as you found out to your peril, was an idiot.

Re the OP, what it seems to me, and your urologist should have told you, is that your bladder functions correctly, as do your sphincters, but the impulses that tell you of a full bladder are failing to be registered with your brain. As a result, your bladder fills and empties by reflex action. I suspect that there may be a problem with the myelin sheath (insulator to nerve fibers) which is causing cross connections or signal loss. Low B12, MS or childhood immune disorders can cause this.

All:

If a person (medical or other) tries to deceive you, it means that they don't respect you enough to tell you the truth, and all they are doing to you is using you. I suggest that you give them the same or less respect.

• Like 2
Guest Wetnmessy247

What IS the general max capacity for the human bladder?

Whatever it is, I can flood most diapers to the point of bursting in two to four floodings.

Hey Turtlepin,

I'm new to this forum, but not to incontinence, going on my 7th year now. I've got what the urologist calls a neurogenic bladder with overflow incontinence, which just means that it will ill completely before letting loose.

When I was in the hospital back in '07 for my 3rd back surgery, I had to be cathed to drain my bladder, because even with the incontinence, it wouldn't drain on it's own for almost 2 weeks. Anyway, the nurses would come in to do it for me and use one of those bed urinals, you know the 32 ounce ones. Well, I would regularly fill one of those and then part of another before my bladder was completely empty. It was usually around 35 to 40 ounces. So I can believe you when you say you can hold 1.7 something liters.

My nurses couldn't believe that I could hold that much. I guess they don't normally see someone with our problem very often.

I too use cloth diapers just for this reason as well. I hadn't found a disposable yet that could handle one of my floods.

Cropduster

As I get older, I've been having to pee more. The last time I did a urine test, I filled the container, but the problem was finding an OFF button. I couldn't stop, so I let the overflow trickle down into the toilet. I always ask to "make a sample" in the bathroom. I can piss like a racehorse -- and when I can't control it, watch out.