LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How To Be A Little Less Embarrassed When Buying Diapers

i go to the medical store either they are very cool or more embarrassed than me .But i have been doing this for a long time now i guess i have gotten over the being emberrassed part . the more you look suspicious the more attention you will get :thumbsup:

Guest little_jonny

has anyone mention sing the self-scan? most wal-marts, meijers, krogers, and other stores have them.... just a quick swip of the package, bag them up, cash or card, and be on your way... but i have bought depends a while back and the women behind the register didnt say anything

Wait til you are about 60 and nobody will give it a second thought!

Yep no one looks twice when I come to the checkout with a few packs of diapers.....but I do get looks when I'm shopping in the kids department for cloths.....I was asked if the footed jammies were for me, and I said yes I wear them all of the time, and have for years....

True that on-line stores have a better selection and all, but you must remember that everyone just can't mail order diapers for delivery. Some people are in the closet and live with roomates or family members and can't take any chance on a package of diapers being delivered to their home weather they are home to recieve them or they are at work. Sure, you could have them delivered to a mail drop, but if your going to go to all that trouble of setting up a mail drop and then stopping to pick up a case of diapers, wouldn't that be just as embaressing as going to a store and buying them in person?

Dude! Read my previous post! Some people can't just buy them on line which is why they post questions about how to buy them in stores personally without being embaressed.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JS1989

Just take a deep breath and calm yourself down. Go into the store, buy the diapers and try to distract your self. Remember buying a pack of diapers is like buying a pack of gum to a non AB/DL.

Get drunk you will not care if any one sees you. Lol

But seriously just ask yourself am I breaking the law? am I hurting anyone? am I going to be arrested for wetting too many nappies and killing someone with a car?. Just remember a little humility and fear will not hurt you it will make you stronger.

Just go for it HE WHO DARES WINS!!!!

Guest Wetnmessy247

Just go in nd buy them.

It has asubconscious help to go buy them in a diaper that's already wet and or dirty. The urgency to change makes you not care who sees or smells ya. With changing on the mind you don't care who sees you.

Kind of like buying drugs for a drug addict. When you need a fix you don't care how you get the money. ALl u care about is getting high.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to have a problem with it when I was a teenager, and I'd shuffle around the CVS aisles nervously for 20-30 minutes before working up the courage to bring a pack to the cashier. Then I'd usually try and give the clerk some BS line about them being for my incontinent grandfather as I was checking out.

I don't do that anymore. I've become more comfortable with it over the years, even though it's still a secret. The way I justify it to myself is that the clerk probably assumes that I'm using them out of necessity, instead of choice. I've gotten the weird looks before, but most people don't even seem to think twice about it. I know the clerk isn't going to say anything, or they could lose their job. Sometimes I even get a little kick out of wondering if the clerk knows they're for me or not.

so i'm not sure if its possible, but if its the whole paying for it thing, checking account/debit card thing, i know you can put money on a card at walmart money center, the card has your name on it etc... and you can use it to make online purchases like a credit card, but its preloaded.. so at least thats one way to be able to buy things online.. not just diapers.. but just stuff in general..

as for shipping as has been said multiple times on here, many places like fed ex and ups will let you have the package held for pick up at the store, or you can rent a po box as well...

in all the times i have bought froma store and not through the net, i have had ONE person ask about it. thats all...just ONE. she was a cute cashiere and asked if they were for me. too bad i didnt say yes lol

I just don't think anyone really cares that much what you're buying. I just go buy what I need if I don't get it online.

The only time I've had anyone say anything to me was several years ago. I was in line behind a few people. This older lady in front of me noticed I had a bag of Depends in my cart. She said, "I have something for you." She dug around in her purse and found a coupon for Depends. I thanked her and she winked as she handed it to me. Then I noticed she also had some Depends, the pads with the button straps on them, in her cart. And in her hand was a big stack of coupons.

Guest lilme

actually with all the cloth backed and pull ups, I will probably never buy in a store again :crybaby:

I'm with you on that. All the store brands (which were never that good to begin with) have all gone cloth backing and I dont' buy in stores anymore.

Someone had the idea of buying a card and the diapers as though it were a joke... I was thinking... I should make a card that says "Sorry we had to put you back in diapers, grandma" and it shows some old lady on the front lol. It's bullet proof!

~lilme

I used to be a little nervous about this too. But after doing it many times it got much easier. I just go in, use a cart to get them. Go through the check out and leave the store with them in a bag. No big deal. No one looks what your buying except the clerk and she is used to seeing everything in the store. Even young girls buying condoms. Just get over your fear and go in and buy them. You'll get used to it. Now I fantasize about the cute check out girl asking me if I'm a diaper lover. It will never happen but it's fun to think about.

I dont really think i can be embarrassed anymore , it started to become second nature buying 2 packs every month or two when i first started out , and i think i had been wearing diapers for 3 months and while i was still nervous when i walked in after i walked around a bit and got comfortable it wasnt so bad .. until i thought the person at the cashier was someone i didnt know , well it turns out the one night i go to buy my diapers , i think it was around 11 pm , i was nervous and was trying to get in and get out and i would always make sure the cashier was someone i didnt know . well in my nervousness i ended up going to the only cashier left available that late and it turns out to be a very attractive girl i used to hang out with and she knew i liked her and when i looked up at her i nearly had a panic attack right at the counter . lol . after that it didnt really matter to me anymore .

I think it was partly because she never said anything , she never laughed , we actually talked for about 15 minutes and she never brings it up . My guess would be she had no idea im a diaper lover.

The best way to not be embarrassed is to be more mature about it. Unfortunately, this only comes with age and/or self confidence. Treat it like any other business transaction and you'll be confident enough to buy anything anywhere.

I'm sure the same thing is discussed in cross dresser forums about how guys go to Victoria's Secret and buy things in their sizes and make up stories about their big women. A really confident guy would ask to try it on before he purchased it. :)

There really is great advice here, but in my experience, nobody really pays attention as to what you are buying. I believe it's a matter of your comfort level, :blush::thumbsup: meaning if it is some thing you haven't done alot,you have to work up enough nerve to do it. In time it really does become easier to just go in the store & buy them.I did however use the excuse that I had family coming to visit & that I have a nephew that wets the bed & I didn't want him to ruin my mattress. And I only used the excuse because I ran into someone I knew. It was never mentioned again. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I find that the older I get, the less I care. I'm 29, and I couldn't care less what the clerk thinks about my purchase. The only thing that get's me nervous is bumping into someone I know and having them see it in my cart. I do try to cover it up with other stuff, and get out quick once I have them in the cart for that reason alone.

There really is great advice here, but in my experience, nobody really pays attention as to what you are buying. I believe it's a matter of your comfort level, :blush::thumbsup: meaning if it is some thing you haven't done alot,you have to work up enough nerve to do it. In time it really does become easier to just go in the store & buy them.

Being a clerk is a job. A boring job at that. They just don't notice. Any stunt you do raises the chance you will be noticed. Browse the aisle for 20 min and they think you might be a shoplifter. They watch and record it. And now that you had their attention they might even show it to their friends.

Think of these things.

Go 5 or 10 miles from home and no one knows you.

Go to a store in an area that has a lot of senior's and their stock will be greater and it will be more routine to sell them.

Most people who work for a living are decent people. Even more so in a drugstore. A drugstore does not want workers who are rude. If they think they are for you they will think you are in need of them and feel sorry for you.

The two types I think that might look close are those that have to wear them and might be looking for someone else who has to wear and be understanding. Or other kinks like us. I worked part-time in a CVS and I hoped I could meet someone. (didn't work)

• 3 weeks later...

The others are right. Just walk in, get the diapers, wait in line like everyone else, pay for them, then leave. People really don't care that much, and the very few who do only ask you about them because there interested in them too. You're average run of the mill cashier won't risk their job offending you, the other people around you are in their own little worlds (unless you draw attention to your self), and it's not against the law to buy diapers so don't worry about it.

Nobody's mentioned the "get the diapers and check out with the girl/guy with the most body mods" method yet? It's what I use, and I've gotten a few smiles/winks out of it.

Seriously, they don't know your name unless you tell them, and why pass up an opportunity to meet open-minded people?

When I got my first package of diapers, it was at a large grocery-store just down the road from where I live.

It was quite an ordeal to motivate myself to do it, but that made the reward all the sweeter.

Let's see if you go to buy diapers and a re nervous because you think everyone is going to be staring at you,well then all of this is true as well: You go in and pick up a laxative, everyone will know your plugged. If you go buy(women) tampons they know it's your period. The list can go on and on. No one cares, everyone is into themselves. If someone does stare or look at you or even makes a comment, and no one will ever say it to you. I had one clerk in all the years I had been buying diapers in public ask me if these were for me and she worked in the medical supply store that I frequently shopped in.