LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Quitting Smoking

:boxing:

I have been prepping myself for the last few months, a little history for you here.

Just over 5 months ago I discovered the 12 step program of AA. I'd known about AA for a long time, and during parties I'd even said "yeah, I'd go to AA but I don't wanna hang out with a bunch of quitters". To many it's a funny joke, but to friends of Bill W. it's even funnier.

Anyway, I was getting tired of going outside to smoke (my roomates son is 12 and I won't force my smoking on him), and I figured that it was getting to the point that I wanted to quit. Here it is, winter (well it was) and I'm standing out in the cold while it's snowing and blowing. I'm telling myself "this is ridiculas". I said to myself "YOU IDIOT, YOU'RE PAYING $5.00 A PACK TO STAND OUT HERE AND FREEZE YOUR NUTS OFF"

So I said to myself that before I had 6 months of sobriety, it would be great if I gave up smoking too. Well every time I went out to smoke I'd remind myself of just how stupid doing this was, and that I was wasting good money. Add to that that I was paying that money to ruin my health, well I figured that I'd be better off quitting.

It's been 6 days now, I didn't use "chantix" or lozenges, gum or patches. I figured that if I went ahead and went through the misery of nicotene withdrawal then I would be less likely to "cheat" every now and then by bumming a smoke.

I'd done that before and wound up back to a pack a day habit in just a couple of months. I figured that this time I really wanted to be deadly serious, the health problems caused by smoking are deadly serious, and that's some serious money I'm talking about saving, $35.00 a week adds up quick!

I hope this might spur some of our community to think about giving it up too, imagine how many cases of Bambinos you could order a year off of the money you'd save! The DD would have more donations every month too!

Just somthing to think about,

peace,

Vic :thumbsup:

• Like 3

I quite a while ago I was a heavy smoker for quite a few years, after about a week I had one cig, but after that one I never smoked again, I didn't use anything but the will power I have in me, I also quite drinking a few years later that was even easier than the smoking to quit.

I have a long history of quitting habits I no longer wanted, I quit biting my fingernails when I was 12, I over ate until I was 18 and lost half my body weight buy 19, anything can be done if you really want to do it.

Hang in there if you really want the cigs gone, You have to want to quit something to get it done.

• Like 1

:thumbsup:

I know that you have to really want it, I've quit before but after a few months I'd cheat, then the next thing you know I'm back at it.

I know this time I've definitely had enough. I hate to even think of what my lungs must look like, but I want them to recover as much as they can in the time I have left in this life.

I'll just keep at it, I want this a lot more than I want to smoke. So I'll just keep up the good fight :boxing: .

Peace,

Vic ;)

• Like 1

I got off cigarettes a long time ago, but still smoked cigars, less nicotine than cigs but still habit forming. today is day 8 without smoking any. another week and I should be good to go

• Like 1

GOOD LUCK! i know how hard it is to quit smoking.. especially cold turkey.... you can do it.. we all have faith in your...

congrats on your choice to give up both drinking and cigarettes!!!

• Like 1

I used to rock the cigarettes, it was so hard quitting cause its so nice to have an 'after-toke smoke'. There was no chance of quitting in high school, college I tried a few times... but I'd only smoke maybe 5-10 smokes a day, more on weekends. The final time I quit, I needed nicorette and would only have half a piece when I would feel some crazy cravings. Didn't even use a quarter of the pack and I was fine.. Then it was wild when I'd be with friends who were all smoking, but I'd just have my half nicorette.. I think one night I needed a full one. After 2 weeks, I was starting to feel better. Cheated once. Then after a month I was feeling really good. Sometime after that, maybe a month or 3 after smoking, I got CRAZY cravings on things that I was used to smoking a shitload for, such as camping and concerts. After a few concerts I was okay.

The only shitty thing to all this is the fact that I smoke weed (although I vaporize mostly these days) and also drink. Thankfully its been a year and a half and no more cigarettes for me... now I just gotta work on my other addictions like marijuana, alcohol (tall can per day), sex, watching wrestling, music, diapers, slacking...

Good work to ya amigo, the beast is injured, slayeth thee!!

-Jason

• Like 1

nothing like a nice fine cigar and a tasty glass of bourbon on the rocks. I smoke socially I've done much worse than smoking or drinking in my time and I've always prided myself on how strong my will is never to get "hooked". I can make a single pack last two weeks. Sometimes I just want one. I might quit one day but hey.....if I give up everything fun whats gonna break up the monotony of the daily grind? A fine cuban and tasty glass of bourbon on the rocks.

I'm not one of those people who quite smoking weed only to turn into a hypocrite but personally I just never liked it. If they legalized it today I still wouldnt smoke it.

well I am in the process of "quiting" (2 weeks without) but using the new electronic cig and already the smell of real smoke has become nasty to me, my taste buds and sense of smell has returned and I no longer smell of aN ASS tray..lol ... i have been able to cut back the amount of nicotine and feel i to will be off the habit soon..

http://www.myluci.com/

for those that are intrested it is not the same as a real cig and takes getting used to but is the best way ive tried to cut smokeing....and is cheaper!

• Like 1

Wow, I'm glad I dodged a bullet when I threw away those packs of smokes I was given. Good luck kicking the habit, Vic and everyone else. You'll definitely feel better a year from now when you can breathe easier and have a fatter wallet.

Vic,

Best wishes on quitting, I really hope for your success in endeavors such as quitting smoking. :thumbsup:

Just a thought, try sunflower seeds, they might help the oral stimulation when you get cravings.

• Like 1

It is all about the desire to quit.

Use the program and stay on that 1st step as long as you can. Don't smoke even if your ass falls off!

Do what ever it takes not to smoke and you will succeed one day at a time.

Stay Pampered

SoCalAB

:boxing:

I have been prepping myself for the last few months, a little history for you here.

Just over 5 months ago I discovered the 12 step program of AA. I'd known about AA for a long time, and during parties I'd even said "yeah, I'd go to AA but I don't wanna hang out with a bunch of quitters". To many it's a funny joke, but to friends of Bill W. it's even funnier.

Anyway, I was getting tired of going outside to smoke (my roomates son is 12 and I won't force my smoking on him), and I figured that it was getting to the point that I wanted to quit. Here it is, winter (well it was) and I'm standing out in the cold while it's snowing and blowing. I'm telling myself "this is ridiculas". I said to myself "YOU IDIOT, YOU'RE PAYING $5.00 A PACK TO STAND OUT HERE AND FREEZE YOUR NUTS OFF"

So I said to myself that before I had 6 months of sobriety, it would be great if I gave up smoking too. Well every time I went out to smoke I'd remind myself of just how stupid doing this was, and that I was wasting good money. Add to that that I was paying that money to ruin my health, well I figured that I'd be better off quitting.

It's been 6 days now, I didn't use "chantix" or lozenges, gum or patches. I figured that if I went ahead and went through the misery of nicotene withdrawal then I would be less likely to "cheat" every now and then by bumming a smoke.

I'd done that before and wound up back to a pack a day habit in just a couple of months. I figured that this time I really wanted to be deadly serious, the health problems caused by smoking are deadly serious, and that's some serious money I'm talking about saving, $35.00 a week adds up quick!

I hope this might spur some of our community to think about giving it up too, imagine how many cases of Bambinos you could order a year off of the money you'd save! The DD would have more donations every month too!

Just somthing to think about,

peace,

Vic :thumbsup:

• Like 1

:angel_not:

It's day eight and things are getting easier, the thought is still there, but not the craving. I wonder why I ever picked them up in the first place, I was ten, so I probably thought they made me look cool. :screwy:

Well 40 years can give you a different perspective, that's for sure.

Once again, thanks for the support. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Vic :D

• Like 1

Well done :). Small steps is what it takes. I've quit twice in the past, managed to stay off them for over 3 months each time. Then all it takes is one :/. The hardest thing to break is the habit, it gives you a serious oral fixation issue imo. If I could, I'd use my paci in public to break that one :P.

• Like 1

It's day eight and things are getting easier, the thought is still there, but not the craving. I wonder why I ever picked them up in the first place, I was ten, so I probably thought they made me look cool. :screwy:

Well 40 years can give you a different perspective, that's for sure.

Once again, thanks for the support. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Vic :D

Thats great.Well its 3 days for me.GOOD Lord willing ill be able to do it to.

• Like 1

It's day eight and things are getting easier, the thought is still there, but not the craving. I wonder why I ever picked them up in the first place, I was ten, so I probably thought they made me look cool. :screwy: .........

The Marlboro cowboy looked indeed cool when I was young. Come pentecost and I have finished the 3rd year after quitting smoking.

Good luck buddy :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The Marlboro cowboy looked indeed cool when I was young. Come pentecost and I have finished the 3rd year after quitting smoking.

Good luck buddy :thumbsup:

Ya and the Marlboro man died of lung cancer.

• Like 1

Thats great.Well its 3 days for me.GOOD Lord willing ill be able to do it to.

:thumbsup:

Way to go!! Once you've fought through the first three days you're half way home :boxing: . After that it's just beating the habit of smoking when you first get up, have your coffee, after a meal, etc, ect. Just remember that you WANT TO QUIT and you won't drive it off into the ditch :drive1: .

When the desire to have a smoke pops into your head ignore it and then replace it with another more positive thought, because if you keep thinking ab out smoking you'll drive yourself nuts :screwy: .

Good luck, and may God bless you and make this easier for you!

Peace,

Vic :)

• Like 1