LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pink Clothing On Boys...

Me & Loopy were having a bit of banter today about that if I bought myself a pink onesie, if it makes me a bit of a sissy.

Now my argument is, well I have pink adult clothing that I wear so why should it make me any less of a baby boy cause I have a pink onesie?

Simple fact is, I'm comfortable in my sexuality that being a straight (non sissy) male I can wear a pink onesie, like I would wear a pink t-shirt/shirt out about.

Thoughts?

PS: No one better call me a sissy otherwise there will be trouble :P

Now only you real old people will remember this, but back in the late 60's it was THE thing for guys to wear gray slacks and a pink shirt. Of course I only read about that in history books...whistling.gif

For those in UK, here is the link for QI - Girls & Boys (Available until: 8:59pm Friday 12th March 2010)

Not available to me across the pond in the US. Bummer, wanted to watch it. And its true that men should be able to wear pink without repercussion of people thinking he is gay or sissy. But I do wear pink because it makes me feel more girly. Just my $.02

Now not that i think that pink clothing on a boy necesarily makes him a sissy but it does help . Even thou baby blue yellow and green can also be considered sissy colours because i have seen them on e-bay and other sites What i think makes a sissy is themselves . But i have to agree it is a slippery slope lol. Try wearing a pink shirt in front of your friends and listen to what they would say

And its true that men should be able to wear pink without repercussion of people thinking he is gay or sissy. But I do wear pink because it makes me feel more girly. Just my $.02

Why thank you for that comment. I just like the colour pink at the end of the day :rolleyes:

Try wearing a pink shirt in front of your friends and listen to what they would say

Well I wear pink shirts / t-shirts all the time and I know plenty of people who do including my sisters boyfriend, so from where I am from no one would say anything because its "pink".

Even thou i am a sissy im from a small town area . People don't get freedoom of expresion so thats why i would not wear pink in public here . but behind closed doors oh yeah love it !!! so you take what you can get i guess !!

I hate pastels so baby blue and girly pink don't touch my body. I'm more earth tones.

Awwww i bet you'd look better in pastels :P

I've never bought into the idea that colors are gender specific. I have pink shirts.

I definitely agree. I hate that society determines what is for "guys" and what is for "girls" be it in colors, styles of clothing or even hairstyles. The only thing that makes something "guyish" or "girly" is society.

totaly agree with Jabez i have had long hair for at least over 20 yrs and everybody has told me to cut it . i get everything to you look like a girl to your a hippy to if you got it cut you would look so handsome . Well sorry about ther luck even my GF.Not going to cut it .But the wierd thing is i would still not where pink in public . strange very strange lol

Even thou i am a sissy im from a small town area . People don't get freedoom of expresion so thats why i would not wear pink in public here . but behind closed doors oh yeah love it !!! so you take what you can get i guess !!

Blimey it is the 21st Century for peet's sake! Why are people so bothered about what colour clothes other people wear.... :bash:

I definitely agree. I hate that society determines what is for "guys" and what is for "girls" be it in colors, styles of clothing or even hairstyles. The only thing that makes something "guyish" or "girly" is society.

Spot on!

Does it really matter what anyone else thinks YOU should wear?

I agree that if your comfortable enough to wear pink shirts, a pink onesie is only logical :thumbsup:

But, you won't catch my ass wearing one princess :P

That is very true and I'm not bothered what other people think, I just thought I would see what others would say as Loopy suggested its the slope to a sissy :roflmao:

I guess so...might go order it now ha!

Interestingly, I've noticed that in the UK, pink on young fellows is stylish whilst in North America, it is strongly associated with being gay. *shrugs*

We are in with the times ;)

Interestingly, I've noticed that in the UK, pink on young fellows is stylish whilst in North America, it is strongly associated with being gay. *shrugs*

In the mid 1950's it was stylish to wear a pink shirt with charcoal gray trousers, jacket, tie. and white bucks Then this pastel was joined by pastel blue, yellow and later, green. then charcoal gray was joined by charcoal brown and charcoal black. But this was after gender had become established

At least as of thirty years ago, the "gay" color was pastel levender

The problem with this thread is that it inquires after things that are established conventions intended to make a distinction between boys and girls at a young age and would be of no matter to 99% of the real-world participants. To the infant on whom the onsie is put, the color makes no difference. The matter is relevent to the adults who take care of the infant. Ordinarily they would not even inquire into the matter. That is the way it is because it had to be some way and it is that wa: Luck of the draw and it is no skin off anyone's teeth and only the obsessive and malcontent would go into it.

Since this is an adult choice, it is forcing adult questions into the world of being a baby, which is the equivalent of having a quarterback concern himself with the pay scale of the NFL in his play calling.

Such a convention is called, in philosphy, an "irreducible primary" and is taken as a given for the activity. The boy-girl colors were reversed in the 1930's, prior to then, it was considered that blue, being a "cool" colr was more appropriate for girls and pink, a "warm" color was more appropriate for boys. Dresses do not count since they are already gender-specific.

I reckon that this is just the start of a long slippery slope. Before you know it you'll want the frilliest of dress, and a pair of mary jane shoes.....

Don't say I didn't warn you :X :P

So, Loopy have you purchased your frilly dress and mary janes yet? I might suggest frilly pink knickers to go with the outfit and hair ribbons too. Don't you just love it when others toss your fears back at you?

wribbit

I see plenty of boys and young men wearing pink. At least I did last summer, it was very trendy among the middle school through college are groups. Mostly t-shirts, polos and button down shirts but I did see a few with pink flip flops too.