LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Another Catheter Question.

Just a quick question about Catheters. Im up to 20 FR size. Would the size of the Cath make you Incontinence such as 30 FR? Or is it the length of time left in place that leaves your mussels week that cause incontinence. Yes there is risk in it and it is dangerous.

Also wondering people that do use it what is your size up too?

Do a google search on it and there are plenty of stories telling that no, there's no proof that larger catheter sizes or catheters themselves with render an individual incontinent. Wish it were true, then it'd be so easy to do but just not the way it works I guess.

Here's a question regarding catheters I've always wondered. If you have to go to the hospital and the staff wants to cath you do you have a choice to say no and say you'd rather wear a diaper? I know I don't want a catheter if I'm ever in the hospital.

Here's a question regarding catheters I've always wondered. If you have to go to the hospital and the staff wants to cath you do you have a choice to say no and say you'd rather wear a diaper? I know I don't want a catheter if I'm ever in the hospital.

If you have a history with a Urologist who agrees that Diapers are maintaining your independance and lifestyle than yes you probably can continue to use diapers, however unless you are heavily sedated or in postop you will be changing your own diapers. some of us with neuromuscular disease's just simply cant change ourselves and the nursing staff is let it know in advance by our "uro's" that we will be on the floor and need the extra assistance but we are the same patients who cant get out of bed unassisted and cant wander the hallways if we do not have our power wheelchair with us so basicly if you can fake being an "incon" with seriou "neuo" defects you can get your jollies having nurses change you, but i will say nurses have a "radar" for fakers and will make you miserable if your found out.

peace

The bottom line is that you can, if you're competent to do so, refuse any medical procedure you so wish, for any reason. If you really don't want a catheter, they cannot put one in you (that would be assault under most country's laws). If you've rather unfortunately just been whacked by a number 42 bus or something, you're likely to be considered incompetent and they will just do what they consider to be in the best interests of your care and/or follow their standard practise and catheterise. Once competent again, you could of course, insist they take it out.

That said, as the previous poster mentioned, the nurses and doctors will surely know if people are abusing their care to get diapered by a hot nurse and make sure they don't get what they want (by sending in the 6ft 7in male nurse who does body building in his spare time, for example) or they'll just require you to supply your own diapers and look after yourself the very moment you're able. I'm sure they would make you sign away a whole lot of liability too, confirming that you're going against their medical advice, etc. It's not like it's just a matter of an internal catheter or a diaper either, I'm sure most hospitals would recommend condom catheters for men or even just use 'chux' on patients who refused an internal catheter.

These hospital diaper posts always amuse me to an extent because people seem to forget that if you end up there, you're probably going to have bigger things on your mind than what you pee through/into...

I kind of wonder about the whole assault thing. If a hospital deems a catheter over a diaper a necessary procedure for your health then I don't know how much of a choice you'd have. You'd probably be there under your own power and if that's the way the procedures done, that's how it's done. It's not like when you go in for a procedure you are given a checklist of options on how you want it to be done, what stitchs to use, etc. As the patient, you do have say I'm sure in some things but if you have different requests they may say they won't do the procedure unless it's done their way too. Also, keep in mind insurance companies may not pay for somethings you elect to have as different and hospital supplies are charged at very high rates. You may be paying $10 out of pocket for each diaper since catheters are covered and you have no reason not to use a cath except your own preference.

Depending on circumstances too, I'd be willing to bet diapers would be the last option as there are plenty of other options that are likely to be more sterile. Also, depends on what type of procedure you had done too whether diapers could be worn. If you refuse an internal cath, next they'd probably offer an external or condom cath. What reason would you give for not wanting one of those? To request diapers may seem kind of out of ordinary and furthermore, the hospital diapers suck. Also, you'd have to require diapers or a cath for your procedure to even get one in the first place. People I know that've had surgery wake up with the cath in, it was put in after being knocked out and they weren't given any "options".

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is for you to wear diapers by request in a hospital, a lot of stars would have to line up just right for it to happen. Lastly, if your in pain or sick in the hospital, it's not going to be a jolly, fun, erotic time getting diapers put on as one may think too.

• 3 weeks later...

Catheters will make you incontinent, but only if you use them for an extended period of months. Technically the size won't make you incontinent, but I can imagine if a 20fr would stretch and weaken you muscle to produce incontinence in, say, 6 months. Then wouldn't a 30fr stretch and weaken your muscle to produce incontinence in, say, 5 months and 20 days?

As for Hospitalization, I've been urge incontinent for 14 years. 12, 10, 9, 7, and 5 years ago I had been in the hospital for inpatient surgery (overnight or a few days of recover). Each time the doctors wanted to put a catheter in me but I instead opted for the diapers. 12 years ago the doctor put a catheter in me for during the 10 hour surgery I went though, but he took it out before I woke up. I never had the nurses change me except for once when I was so out of it from the pain killers that I only vaguely even remember it.

I also know a friend who is not incontinent but the last two times he went in for inpatient surgery he wore diapers too. The nurses don't care if you want to wear them and won't make you buy your own (well actually the get added to your hospital bill just like the catheters would). But yes, they will care if you're faking the incontinence and try making them change you.

So which is it? We have some people saying prolonged use of catheters will not make you incontinent then the usual 'you don't want incontinence' blah blah blah! Then you get the doom and gloom people preaching on about how your going to mess your body and you'll be hooked up to a dialysis machine for the rest of your days, Every catheter thread ends up like this.

On the other side of the coin you get people saying prolonged use will make you incontinent. Which is it?

• 4 weeks later...

I use catheter for pleasure and I must say that after a long "session" with a big catheter (26,28 or 30) I can't retain my bladder more than one minute and my bladder is full only with 50 ml.After big catheter i must wear a diaper during 1 or 2 days.

Of course after 4 days all is normal.

in the usa you are allowed to refuse any medical treatment you so desire, and if you are a legal adult, barring a court order the hospital has to acknowledge your wishes. However, under some circumstances a hospital could refuse to treat you if the condition were not life threatening, then you would have to find another hospital/doctor who will respect your treatment wishes.

if you are demanding diapers instead of a cathetar, the doctor can request you meet with a psychiatrist, if you say yes, it could be the psychiatrist is going to figure out you are just doing it to get your rocks off, a nd again the doctor/nurses can refuse to treat you.

• Like 1

A.) I hate hospitals

B.) I hate the idea of tubes going in either hole or down my throat.

c.) If I must be in for any urinary track type reason, I will not use a catheter, unless heavily sedated.

D.) If heavily sedated, I am in happy land and could care less.

Nothing worse than waking up from a surgical procedure to find out you now have a catheter in you. Happened to me once, wasn't very pleased about it.

What was even worse was having stents removed a couple of weeks after a lithotrypsy from kidney stones. You're wide awake, on a bed with stirrups for your legs, doc goes up inside you to remove the stents. Not sure how he got them out while I was hanging from the ceiling from the sheer pain of that maneuver. They shoot a numbing gel into the urethra before doing the procedure...that stuff...DOES NOT WORK!!!!!

I use catheter for pleasure and I must say that after a long "session" with a big catheter (26,28 or 30) I can't retain my bladder more than one minute and my bladder is full only with 50 ml.After big catheter i must wear a diaper during 1 or 2 days.

Of course after 4 days all is normal.

How long was this "session"?