LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abu Cushies

Good point. XP does an amazing job of keeping their diapers in stock (as able due to supplier issues, of course). Sadly, many of the "premium" and/or AB/DL issues have had horrible supply issues lately including: Awesocute, ABUniverse, Bambino, and Dry 24/7. It's just hard for me to turn to a competitor, when they are just as bad with in-stock issues (which is why I have such a large supply of diapers on hand).

• Like 1

Knowing what I know about the manufacturing side of the coin, I find it incomprehensible that they don't order more product until after they've sold out completely.

Having worked in both manufacturing and inventory etc, (long ago) most of this is just plain poor management and inventory maintenance :P As said above, if your selling a lot of one thing, order more of that and let the slower stuff dwindle down until it gets to a level where a new order is required! Sheesh! It's really not hard! especially when there are all sorts of software tools to help monitor and maintain stocks and inventory like this. It's not like disposable diapers have a short shelf life...

One thing that might be to blame in this is a concept that came out a few years ago called "just in time manufacturing" which was designed to help cut down on excessive inventory and allow for better product flow. That works fine for domestic manufacturing, where things are local or at least on the same Continent. You can factor in shipping time and adjust for possible delays and allow some slack for delays of unknown nature etc, and there by still keep production going and meet shipping requirements blah blah blah.

Since almost everything is now made 1/2 way around the world and shipping is a H*U*G*E factor in getting products from A-->B AND the manufacturing facility is in a Foreign land, where, more then likely English isn't a common language, All of this compounds the issue and creates a mountain of headaches. Add in manufacturing set up and lead time and you can imagine the logistic headaches this all creates. They probably have to place orders something like 6 months in advance for an unknown level of sales etc..then again is the lead time lag, and the shipping, which does come buy "ship" 1/2 way around the world, into port and customs etc..

So given this 'thumbnail" of how things possibly work (and I am sure there are things I didn't mention or really know of anymore) it's the reason there are shortages and outages of inventory for these companies.

Possibly they don't have the money or 'clout' to get things done 'NOW" so they have to wait while larger orders are processed, since they can't 'bump' an order in front of them, where a larger company might have that clout and be able to get stuff done and shipped while others have to wait etc.

Such is the world today and having a small business I am sure isn't what it once was. When getting supplies and inventory are some much more complicated than it was years ago, it's hardly surprising that there are inventory outages and stuff isn't available "until it's shipped" with smaller companies.

I imagine it isn't any fun watching your customers fume because they can't get products they order or want to order, until the ship comes in. UGH!

Hard to manage "just in time" inventory when shipping it from another part of the globe. I would wager that the niche manufacturers aren't really making all that much money and may not have the funds on hand to order more stock until they are close to running out of what they have.

Hard to manage "just in time" inventory when shipping it from another part of the globe. I would wager that the niche manufacturers aren't really making all that much money and may not have the funds on hand to order more stock until they are close to running out of what they have.

• 3 weeks later...

My apartment smells like babyfresh scent for the past few hours even though I havent worn one for a few weeks :3

Down to my last sissy diaper, waiting for the right time to wear it <3

• 2 weeks later...

So should we just assume that the company is belly up? No updates, no responses from the company, and most of their stock has been on pre-order for months. Has DD talked to these people?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So has anyone had experience with ABU since they went under new ownership? If so is the quality the same or did it drop? Also, how's the turn around time from when you order to when you get the product. I'm interested in trying them out but would like to hear people's experience first.