LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Heard At The Doctor'S Office

Not usually one to report "deekeresque" sightings, but this one was cute and right in front of me, so hard to ignore. Went to a new Doc today about my ear trouble and while in the waiting room a little boy, 4 or 5 years old suddenly announced: "I Peed!"

His Mom "Why did you pee?"

Kid "Cuz I needed too!"

Mom "Why didn't you ask to go to the potty room?"

Kid: "Cuz you said not to touch anything cuz there are sick people here!"

Mom realizing her son is smarter than her: "Okay. You can change your pull-up when we get out to the car."

On a related note: Have an amazing new Doc! Fixed my ear, noticed my Psoriasis was acting up, so treated that too, noticed my BP was high so gave me meds for that. Had a nurse treat and flush both my ears to "be safe." And all of this: $60 no insurance! Finally found a real doctor who cares about his patients!

On the BP meds: He recommended HCTZ the diuretic. I told him about my bladder issues and said I really couldn't handle the extra wetting right now. Without asking me a ton of questions, he accepted that I knew my body best and went with a different therapy type.

Guest little_jonny

Not usually one to report "[That site]esque" sightings, but this one was cute and right in front of me, so hard to ignore. Went to a new Doc today about my ear trouble and while in the waiting room a little boy, 4 or 5 years old suddenly announced: "I Peed!"

Kid "Cuz I needed too!"

that is cute. :D

Oh I've taken it before... no diaper on earth kept my bed dry. That's a last resort pill for me!Plus, just about everyone in my family takes it and now had kidney issues: no thanks.

Not usually one to report "[That site]esque" sightings, but this one was cute and right in front of me, so hard to ignore. Went to a new Doc today about my ear trouble and while in the waiting room a little boy, 4 or 5 years old suddenly announced: "I Peed!"

Kid "Cuz I needed too!"

Mom realizing her son is smarter than her: "Okay. You can change your pull-up when we get out to the car."

On a related note: Have an amazing new Doc! Fixed my ear, noticed my Psoriasis was acting up, so treated that too, noticed my BP was high so gave me meds for that. Had a nurse treat and flush both my ears to "be safe." And all of this: $60 no insurance! Finally found a real doctor who cares about his patients!

On the BP meds: He recommended HCTZ the diuretic. I told him about my bladder issues and said I really couldn't handle the extra wetting right now. Without asking me a ton of questions, he accepted that I knew my body best and went with a different therapy type.

Can I ask, what did he do to treat the psoriases? Dr. just gave me a script for a med that's like $80.00 a tube. OUCH!

Can I ask, what did he do to treat the psoriases? Dr. just gave me a script for a med that's like $80.00 a tube. OUCH!

what cream is it? doc has had me try three different creams, one cortisone ish, one steroid, and the other dovenex and i've had no luck with any of them even helping my psoriasis..

what cream is it? doc has had me try three different creams, one cortisone ish, one steroid, and the other dovenex and i've had no luck with any of them even helping my psoriasis..

It's a steroid: Clobetasol. My personal trick is to spot treat the small areas, but for the large spots (elbows, knees) I apply the ointment variety (thicker than the cream) directly to the pad of a waterproof bandage, then put the bandage on over the spot, and secure it overnight with an ace bandage. Allows the medicine to penetrate the thick scaly skin which washed away in the morning shower, making further treatments more effective.

That is very cute I must say and not actually made up fiction like the sightings are at deeker that the pedophiles come up with.

Oh, did I forget to mention he had seven brothers who were all there in nothing but diapers and took turns changing each other, and pointed out that I looked like I was wearing a diaper too so their mom changed me on the floor of the waiting room while everyone looked on? Dang meds make me forget things sometimes! :roflmao:

Oh, did I forget to mention he had seven brothers who were all there in nothing but diapers and took turns changing each other, and pointed out that I looked like I was wearing a diaper too so their mom changed me on the floor of the waiting room while everyone looked on? Dang meds make me forget things sometimes! :roflmao:

Glad you had fun. Did you happen to get the mom's number by any chance?

+1

Just outta curiosity, when do most kids get fully toilet trained and out of pullups? I havn't taken care of many normal kids (mostly just disabled ones), so normal markers kinda elude me. I'm always making stupid comments to moms like "wow, he's three and he can talk?!" only to be met with incredulous and offended faces.

On another note, are bad experiences with doctors really that frequent for you guys? I was kinda surprised that it was unexpected for him to treat the psoriasis and BP as well; it seems like something any doc should do. Then again, I suppose it depends on your insurance.

It's a steroid: Clobetasol.

oh yeah thats the one he gave me, but it didn't work at all. i'm going to see a dermatologist who specializes in psoriasis, as the one i saw did not have many clients in the past 5 years who had it... he said to ask about some of the pill treatments out there... so maybe there is something else i can try... the worst for me is that its over like 1/3 of my scalp its all under my eyebrows

• Like 1

Please let me know what they give you! Always looking for something better. The Clobetasol doesn't work without the wrapping I described. In your case I would go with the lotion (almost a liquid) that can be more easily applied to the scalp area. For me it's mostly knees, elbows and hands.

I use a Zinc shampoo from DHS, works really well at keeping my scalp clear.

yeah i'm gonna call and get a referral to see the doc tomorrow...but the original doc said he had heard there were a few different medicaitons in pill form that have been known to work.

For my scalp i tried every possible tar shampoo, and would put the cream in at night. for my legs, arms, knees, elbows hands and feet i've also tried all the different creams with no real results.. same for my face and ears...

tar never worked for me. Try the zinc. I know both CVS and Walgreens can get it for you in 2 days if not in stock. It's an ask-at-the-pharmacy product: DHS Zinc (not DHS clear or Sal)

On another note, are bad experiences with doctors really that frequent for you guys? I was kinda surprised that it was unexpected for him to treat the psoriasis and BP as well; it seems like something any doc should do. Then again, I suppose it depends on your insurance.

I went to a doctor who knew I didn't have insurance, but still ordered several tests I couldn't afford. He told me the blood draw was only $12, but neglected to mention the $150 bill the hospital was going to send me for the actual blood tests. Also, at the time I had no idea an ECG would cost over a hundred dollars. When I found out how much I was being charged the best they could do for me was set up a payment plan with a low interest rate.

Unfortunately, sometime doctor's hands are tied. If you need an MRI, it's not always up to the doctor, sometimes it's up to the insurance company. If you don't have insurance, forget about it.

I think one of the reasons doctors don't treat people's problems is because some people don't bring them up. These same people will then badmouth the doctor for not being omniscient. There are a series of commercials running in my area trying to address this problem by encouraging people to talk to their doctors. The next time I visit a doctor I have several things to bring up, especially now that I've got a good job and insurance. I don't want to seem like a complainer, but these problems won't go away without being addressed.

Where I live, the rest of the walk-in places are all about profit. They will see you for your primary complaint only - but will be happy to make you an appointment to discuss other problems for another office visit fee.

Need a shot? The Doctor doesn't do that, a nurse does and that's an extra $15 technician fee.

Need a prescription refill called in? Nope. come into our office, bring cash!

I went to a doctor who knew I didn't have insurance, but still ordered several tests I couldn't afford. He told me the blood draw was only $12, but neglected to mention the $150 bill the hospital was going to send me for the actual blood tests. Also, at the time I had no idea an ECG would cost over a hundred dollars. When I found out how much I was being charged the best they could do for me was set up a payment plan with a low interest rate.

Wow, that really blows. I can't imagine how he could forget that little tidbit . . . I mean if he can tell you the price of a blood draw, he should know the test price too!

Where I live, the rest of the walk-in places are all about profit. They will see you for your primary complaint only - but will be happy to make you an appointment to discuss other problems for another office visit fee.

It might be because of insurance reasons, but I'm not sure exactly to whom it applies. A pediatrician explained to me how if you go to the doctor for a specific ailment, the insurance company (or medicaid) might only cover that one thing; if the doctor decides you need something else, it won't be covered unless you make a separate appointment. So she described how if a kid comes in for immunizations and it turns out they need some other tests, she'll just bill insurance for whichever is more expensive and give the cheaper procedure as a freebie. But if they're both expensive, she needs to do it another time unless she wants to lose out on several hundred dollars.

Just outta curiosity, when do most kids get fully toilet trained and out of pullups? I havn't taken care of many normal kids (mostly just disabled ones), so normal markers kinda elude me. I'm always making stupid comments to moms like "wow, he's three and he can talk?!" only to be met with incredulous and offended faces.

It seems like potty training is getting more and more lax these days--only recently have I been hearing about preschool/kindergarten-aged kids being in pullups during the day. My understanding is that most kids are fully day-trained by 2.5-3, and might wear pullups at night until 4-5.