LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Walgreens: Diaperless

Had to get some medicine from Walgreens tonight as one of my medical problems is flaring up (ie: completely deaf in one ear atm.) and I happened to notice that the incontinence aisle contains no diapers anymore! All they have is five brands of pull-ups. No real briefs! Has everyone with heavy/complete incontinence turned to the internet for their products?

I remember visiting Kroger's a while back and saw the same thing, only I'm pretty sure the briefs weren't in the diaper aisle either. Considering how much effort it took to steel myself in preparation of buying diapers from a physical location (this was back a few years when I was more paranoid), I was pretty damn miffed that I was out of luck!

I would have to agree, there just aren't "diapers" in stores any more. They all seem to be pull-up's of some sort. I did see regular Depends but they seemed to be cloth backed and you had to really read the package to see if they were pull-ups or diapers. It's like the old ways are disappearing so fast. The internet is bringing out so many options for shopping it's great.

My local Walgreens is the only store around here that carries the Depend Fitted Maximum Protection diapers. I think they also carry the Walgreen's diaper, but I'm not sure. Both Walgreens and Kroger carry the Depend Adjustable Underwear (but they make a better pullup than a diaper, though that isn't saying much). Kroger no longer carries any real diapers.

I liked the Kroger pullups, but then they went and had to copy the design of the new Depend pullups, which have no stand-up leak guards and completely suck, so now I get the Walmart pullups and/or diapers because they are the only ones left within 30 miles that still have the oh-so important leak guards (a lifesaver for bowel incontinence).

I remember a couple years ago, I looked up a chain pharmacy that sold attends (according to their site) a couple towns over. Only one in the area. I drive 45 minutes to get there and they didn't even have a spot for them. Ended up getting depends.

Shelf space in retail stores is like real estate, it is valuable. The store will allot space based on sales so if one brand isn't selling well they will allot it less space and give the space over to something that is selling well. This is one contributing factor to all the diaper manufacturers investing in the ability to vacuum pack the diapers into a smaller package. They sold it as a convenience to the customer but it was really intended to fit more packages into a smaller footprint on the shelves. They knew long ago they were working on the pull ups and products targeted to each gender so they had to gain real estate somehow.

Hugs,

Freta

Nope, I know my store. They had diapers before, now they gave all the space to for-men and for-women pull-ups, not even shelf tags for briefs now.

Yikes! I was going to check out Walgreens diapers next but I may be too late :o

I should be able to go by the local one here this week and I'll post about what I find then- I hope it's good news :huh: If Walgreens stops carrying briefs the other chains might follow and that worries me :(

Bettypooh

Yikes! I was going to check out Walgreens diapers next but I may be too late :o

I should be able to go by the local one here this week and I'll post about what I find then- I hope it's good news :huh: If Walgreens stops carrying briefs the other chains might follow and that worries me :(

Bettypooh

it seems locally that many of the stores have gone the route of the ineffective pull-ups.

Nope, I know my store. They had diapers before, now they gave all the space to for-men and for-women pull-ups, not even shelf tags for briefs now.

While they're at it, they might as well pull all the absorbent undergarments because (1) Walgreens cannot make a quality diaper to save their life and (2) not many people have the chutzpah to walk into a physical store and buy them.

More and more I see actual diapers dissapearing from store shelves. There is a reason for this and it's a manufacturerd change in the market. The market for people who need actual diapers due to old age and incontinence is a lot smaller than many people think. Therefore, in order to increase profits, manufacturers had to manufacture a whole new market for their products. The idea here is to tell everyone that having leaks and bladder issues is very common among regular people and now you don't have to worry about it anymore. "It's OK if you wet your pants a little because everyone does it from time to time. Just make sure you protect yourself with disposable underwear that you just throw away when you have an accident. No big deal!" These manufacturers know that normal adults won't want to wear anything that looks like a diaper that has to be taped on and has some bulk to it. Hence, disposable pull on underwear that are not bulky and actually look like underwear. Over the years they have suceeded in getting people to feel that it's OK to wear these undergarments and that has lead to a big increase and change in their market. Now the trend is to market a product for this new and larger group of people so actual diapers for incontinent people have taken a big back seat in public stores. To see the store's side of things, I would guess that people who are really incontinent and wear actual diapers buy them by the case either at a medical supply store or by mail order as opposed to buying one or two packages in a drug or grocery store. It wouldn't be practible for someone who is 24/7 incontinent to buy their diapers one or two packages at a time at a store due to the volume they use daily. On the other hand, it makes a lot more sense for some normal person to stop and pick up a package of disposable underwear at Wallgreens on a regular basis instead of ordering them by mail order. I don't think diapers will ever dissapear in favor of disposable underwear, I just think that the day will come when we will have to order them from a medical company instead of being able to buy them off the shelf. There are too many incontinent people who need an actual diaper who would really raise the roof if manufacturers stopped making diapers in favor of the disposable underwear.