LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Are You Eating Right Now?

OMG NUUUUUUUUUU! Waffles and bacon? The waffles are for chicken:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5qawlht-alU

Go make some bacon muffins! Maple syrup candied bacon in a cinnamon sugar muffin!

~ moogle

English muffin pizza: Cut 2 English muffins in half. Spread Francesco Rinaldi Tomato & Basil suace, Slice hot dog and put the pieces on then cover all with grated Parmisan cheexe, bake for 10-15 or until donel Enjoy

British

Biscuit: Hard and normally sweet. It's derived from a French word, literally 'cook twice'. See Digestive biscuit

Cookie: Soft and sweet. Like American cookies. Only baked once. See Choc Chip Cookie

The difference is the second cooking, which removes almost all the moisture and hardens it. Yes, Oreo 'cookies' are biscuits :)

American

Biscuit: A baked, pastry/bread wrapped item, normally filled with something. Not dissimilar to a Cornish pasty. If it's unfilled, it's basically a scone.

Cookie: Same as both British cookies and biscuits although the softer ones are the norm.

This post brought to you by a two-year British expat in the USA ;)

You got it wrong. Over here, a Biscuit is either a doggy treat or a round or square (usually flaky or somewhat crumbly) bread-like thing that one either serves with chicken or smothered in sausage gravy.

What you called an American Biscuit would more accurately be called a type of Roll, here. Or a jelly doughnut, if it's sweet and filled.

And an American Cookie is a round, sweet snackfood. More often hard than soft, due to dehydration to preserve shelf life. Home-made are almost always softer. It also refers to a cook (or rarely an actual chef), or as a popular nickname for someone with the last name of Cook.

What you called an American Biscuit would more accurately be called a type of Roll, here. Or a jelly doughnut, if it's sweet and filled.

I think the problem is that to say 'the American type' is an over simplification - I'm willing to bet that if you order a biscuit in NY, AL and CA, you'll get three different things back. The first pic you posted look very much like a [british] scone though, so I think I was pretty much right on the money there :P

Now then about that gravy :lol::

British

A brown meat-based sauce made from the scraps and fat of the meat after roasting with carrots and onion added, thickened slightly and then strained. Delicious :)

American

Sticky white goop commonly found in Waffle House :P

[edit to add]

Eating apple cobbler. Now that's a Southern American delicacy right there :D

I've been to Rosco's Chicken and Waffles. At first it seemed liked a very weird combination. When I tasted the two together, wholly crap that was sooo good!

Right now, I'm snacking on some tasty frosted animal cookies.

I think the problem is that to say 'the American type' is an over simplification - I'm willing to bet that if you order a biscuit in NY, AL and CA, you'll get three different things back. The first pic you posted look very much like a [british] scone though, so I think I was pretty much right on the money there :P

I have family all over and one of the few things we all agree on is what a biscuit is. Also, NY and CA are well-known for out of touch with the rest of the country...