LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First Time You Bought Your Own

I worked at a store called acres as frieght crew and they had one classic depends. i wanted it so bad, so when i was put on night crew i waited till my shift was over and before the rush of people going home i went and bought it (id never see the person in the pharmacy again) hid it in 2 milk crates walked to the changing room hid it in my backpack went to my friends (hadnt told him yet) slept over so i had an exuse to have a bag got his mom to drive me home early so no one would be up hid it in an old prop stand waited till everyone went to sleep and well the rest is history. I kept the reciept, i dont know why i guess it took alot of balls to do that so i kept it. Anyway i planned the whole thing out over about 2 weeks

My first was during the summer in between my years at college. I was at home, my Mom was asleep, and so I resolved to go and make my first purchase. I went to my local CVS Pharmacy and (being relatively inexperienced on the make and brands of adult diapers) bought a package of Medium-sized Depend Adjustable Underwear. I was utterly nervous when going up to pay, although it helped that the cashier didn't blink or give any reaction that suggested some clear oddity about a young man in his twenties buying Depends. She rang me up and I paid and left as fast as I could without drawing attention to myself. Then I went home, tried them out in the bathroom, and was feeling ashamed so I didn't bother keeping the whole package.

Things improved once I discovered Depend Maximum Protection briefs and then my current joy, CVS brand Fitted Briefs. ^_^

I was about 16 or so I believe and wasn't driving yet. It was a freezing cold winter day and my parents were gone out somewhere. I trekked on my bicycle over 6 miles to the next town on the sidewalks to the CVS and walked around and around getting the nerve to get some goodnights. (What I had been put into during my bedwetting phase) finally got the courage and went up and had no issues. Man, my heart was racing. As for buying my depends and diapers, my girlfriend goes in for me. :P I'm spoiled.

Boots in Preston. Feels like just yesterday (but it wasn't :P). I spent ages lurking around the store as a teenager carrying a backpack waiting for the area to clear some. I'm sure the store detectives must've been watching me by the time I bottled it, grabbed a pack of god-awful Boots Stay-Dry, practically ran to the checkout and... it was a girl, probably a few years older than me :o. God did I blush :lol: I seem to remember feeling like she was smirking at me but that was probably paranoia. I also felt like I was about 2 inches tall but that only lasted until I got outside. Then the adrenalin kicked in and I floated on air back to the station and home :D

Pity my first adult diaper was so poor that they leaked at the first little dribble. I had to wait about another 6 months or so until I was living in a student house and had a bit of privacy to order some Tena Maxis off the internet... That moment was heaven :wub:

Boots in Preston. Feels like just yesterday (but it wasn't :P). I spent ages lurking around the store as a teenager carrying a backpack waiting for the area to clear some. I'm sure the store detectives must've been watching me by the time I bottled it, grabbed a pack of god-awful Boots Stay-Dry, practically ran to the checkout and... it was a girl, probably a few years older than me :o. God did I blush :lol: I seem to remember feeling like she was smirking at me but that was probably paranoia. I also felt like I was about 2 inches tall but that only lasted until I got outside. Then the adrenalin kicked in and I floated on air back to the station and home :D

Pity my first adult diaper was so poor that they leaked at the first little dribble. I had to wait about another 6 months or so until I was living in a student house and had a bit of privacy to order some Tena Maxis off the internet... That moment was heaven :wub:

Ahhhh boots in Preston, I remember spending ages trying to work up the courage to go in there and buy some. Finally did so but couldn't find them, and I wasn't about to ask anyone (those boots girls are good looking, which was half the problem :P).

I went to a Walgreen's across town to purchase my first bag of Depends. They were on sale with a coupon. I didn't worry about checking out because I thought the clerk would assume that I was buying them for an aging parent and I was across town so no one would recognize me. Hiding them at home was my problem. Since I bought them when my wife was going to be shopping for several hours, I had time to get them hidden.

Now that my wife is aware that I wear diapers, we buy them locally at CVS or Walgreen's, which ever has the best price on Depends or Tena Extra Absorbent pull-ups. I haven't tried the house brands yet, but from what I've read in this forum, I may give the house brands a try. I usually try to get my pull-ups for $.50 apiece or less.

Ahhhh boots in Preston, I remember spending ages trying to work up the courage to go in there and buy some. Finally did so but couldn't find them, and I wasn't about to ask anyone (those boots girls are good looking, which was half the problem :P).

That's quite a coincidence :lol:

I scoped out the store a week or so prior so I knew where they were (pretty much in the middle of the place, I think). It was just a matter of finding some Dutch courage...

My first purchase was Depends from the grocery store. My parents were out of town so getting them into the house was easy, it was buying the next bag that was harder. When I bought the second bag I had to sneak them into the house and hide them.

There was a pharmacy around the corner from where I used to live. I got up just as it opened on a Saturday morning while my housemates were still asleep and brought them home. Before then, I'd relied on the internet to get stuff.

I've moved to a different house since then, but I still use the same pharmacy, so I've had to change my timing patterns somewhat in order to make sure nobody is in the house before I bring another bag of nappies home.

First Kid Diapers -

I bought goodnites at a grocery store... it was so tough but I felt I had a good excuse to say they were for my little sibling...

First Adult Diapers -

Some good ol Walgreens Store brand (they were on sale) I was in High School and had to walk 1/2 mile. I had nice big army backpack to carry them in. It made my backpack look like Spongebob, all square and stuff. The pack then became my diaper bag for years. In my closet, in my trunk, in the office - it was great!

It always got my heart rate up. Still does but not as bad. I order online for my stuff now and it is way easier!

Guest little_jonny

first time buying

i worked at edar point in arcades (for my 3rd year) and we were doig inventory. someone from ride opps caled games office and said they nee some riders for some marketing thing for the raptor. we would be riding it a few times and said it was going to be from this time to this time the next day. well it wasn't. so i sa there since my mom droped me off around 11:00 ish and i finally thought to myself, "i can go buy some diapers a the doller genral store. i got on the employee bus and once it got to the employee housing, i started to walk to the store. once i got there i looked at the cheap goodnite brand not knowing they wouldnt do so well. i was nerves buying them since i was afraid of what the cahsier would say. he didnt say anything. i walked out put them in my back pack, walked to the mcdonalds and tried one on. it fit pretty good but seem to leak easy.

second time buying.

i worked at a hotel water park resort (kalaharia) and i was a lifeguard there. i had inservice and after that i decided to go to one of the small stores and buy some baby diapers. the only kind they had was Luvs in a size 4-5. i knew i could of made them fit some how. i bought them and some reason wasn't afraid.

thrid time buying

my aunt cousin and little cousin were heading down south of ohio for some cheerleader thing and it was where my now ef-gf lived at. the said there was a meijers close by and i thought to myself for a moment. he next day they asked if i wanted to go to breakfast at bob evans and i said no that i wasn' that hungry. they said ok ad bought me some mcdonlds before they went. once they did i made my move. i got my wallet nd walked over to the meijers. i did anted to buy some adult diapers but was short on time. i bought a pack of goodnites and shirt to hide it in incase they were back at the hotel before i did. i tried one on and toke off in the bathroom in the main hall way before leaving to go out. that night i wore one to bed and i was realived thye didnt notice.

fourth time buying.

my family went into a place called pacatans (some craft store ad i went into the goodwill nextdoor. i walked to see if they had any adult diapers and they did. yeah it wasn't a good price but i didnt care. i bought them and two hoodies to hid them in. when i went to check out i was EXTREAMLY nervouse there was about 3 people behind me, i kept looking to see if my mom or dad was about to walk in, the women checking the price looked at the package of diapers looking for the price when it was right in front of her, gave me two seperate bags, so i toke a bigger bag and wraped the hoodies around the package of diapers and walked out. i got in the car with my heart beating not sure if they wuld fit or not. i got home and they fit perfectly.

fifth time buying.

my brother in law wanted me to stay at his and my sister house for a day or so, so i did. the next day my sister had to work and he had to stay home with his 3 month old son. i had my back pack so i told him i was gonna to go CVS just down the road from where he lived at. he asked what i was going to get and i tld him there was something there i wanted to see if they had. i walked down there and it toke me about 30 minutes. i walked to the adult diaper aisle and looked. i was hoping for abeana but no luck. so i looked at the depends and ehard the new olds aren't so great. so i looked at a packeage that had a red and white lable and bought them since they were $5 OFF (thats a steal if you ask me) i checked out for once not having any fear what so ever. once i walked out and put the package in my back pack and walked right next door to the doller general and asked where the bathrooom was at. he point it out and i tried one on. i examed myself in the mirroir and had to pee. soooo, i wet it and i wet it for a good long time. it held up pretty good. i had a few dollers left and i bought a small lock to put on my back pack so no one will try to see what i have hiding.

and i think thats about all the times i have bought them.. it seem to get more and more easy, just the hard part is hiding them from my parents since i still live at home

My first in-the-flesh purchase was at a small local medical supply. Nervous almost to the point of shaking, I went in and picked up a bag of Kendall 'Wings'. An older lady was the only employee visible. so feeling red as a beet I checked out. She was super nice, smiling and polite, and said nothing about my purchase B) The next time I went there it was much the same, but the nice lady quietly said "Don't worry honey, you're not the only one with problems." I said "Thank you" as I felt a wave of relief coming over me :D There's a gentility in our old Southern traditions where you go out of your way to be nice and to make others feel good about themselves :wub: The older man (hubby?) and the younger one (son?) I've dealt with there were just as nice but make no mention of my purchases :) Sadly, these traditions are fading away quickly as the world changes far too fast :crybaby:

That set a pattern of a few years, lasting until recent times when I've bought the cheapo's at a Dollar General, and my little Med Supply stopped carrying my 'Wings'- now all they've got is the 'Prevail' line (which I haven't tried yet) :(

I'm more embarrassed than nervous anymore but that too is fading away pretty fast. I still have a need to be discreet, which limits the where and when of my diaper shopping, though at my age I know I'm not the only one needing a little help :rolleyes:

Life goes on- and so do my diapers :P

Bettypooh

I made my first diaper purchase when I was a teenager at 14. I would always walk down the diaper aisle at the grocery store or drug store and look at the boxes of pampers and want them. One day I just couldn't resist the urge anymore and I rode my bike to the grocery store and picked up a box of the biggest pampers I could find. My heart was racing as I walked to the checkout lane to pay. I remember putting the diapers on the checkup belt and hoping that the checkout lady didn't ask me about why I was buying diapers. I paid for my diapers and rode to the near by woods to open them up in a hiding place. I remember openning the box and immediately being taken by the familar smell that I remembered from childhood - the distinct smell of the plastic backed pampers. I pulled my pants down and put on the diapers, which were too small but I could still feel the bulk between my legs, and pulled my pants back up. I walked around and heard the crinkle sound I missed so much. That crinkle sound was always a dead give away to others that you were wearing diapers. I remember as a child trying to walk in my diapers without making the crinkle sound, but it was always there and always drew attention. That was my first time buying diapers.

The first pack I bought for myself was Poise Panties at Target. I convinced myself (and figured I could convince others, if need be) that I needed them for heavy periods, even though I knew deep down what my real reasons were--I just needed a practical excuse to buy them. I remember I bought a cheap shirt at the same time just so I could hide the package under it in the cart. I used the self-checkout, and I was terrified something would go wrong with the machine and I'd have to stand there and wait for the attendant to come over, but thankfully all went smoothly, and I got home and put on my first "diaper" since childhood.

Before long I realized I wanted to try tape-ons. Of course, the period excuse was more of a stretch here, and I was so nervous that I decided to get dog diapers. I told the lady at the check-out that my dog was on her period (I don't even have a dog). Needless to say, they make nice stuffers, but that's about the best use a human will get out of them.

Finally, I found the courage to go back to Target and get myself some Depends. While I was in the store, I had my cell phone out, and I was pretending talk to someone about "an awesome gag gift." When I got home, I was surprised at how thin they were.

Several months later, I really wanted to try a thick diaper, like the ones I wore when I was a baby, so I browsed various brands on the Internet (which is actually how I found this site), and learned that Abena Abri-Forms are the thickest on the market. I live with my parents, and fortunately, they've never been curious about packages that arrive for me, so I was able to order a pack from XPMedical without incident.

And it's taken off from there--I've been experimenting with various adult and baby brands. I have a little tradition of saving one of every type of diaper I buy and adding it to my "collection." In ten years or so, I'll have my very own ABDL museum.

First time was when I was 13 or 14. After I had been thinking about diapers for a few years, gotten the internet at home, found Wetset and learned that there were other people that liked diapers. I walked down to the Safeway that was close to our house and bought a 10 pack or whatever it was of Goodnites size large. I don't remember much about paying for them but after I did I shoved them in my backpack and walked home. A few months later the XL size came out and I got a pack of those. That time my parents were driving by on the way back home.

The first time I bought diapers was at a medical supply store here in town. I went in and over to the area where they were kept. The lady who worked there came over and asked what size I was looking for and I was stumped. My waist size was right between medium and large, so I didn't know. I was somewhat nervous, but figure she was a professional. So I told her my waist size and didn't really know which size I should get. In a very professional manor she asked me a few questions like if they were for night time use only or during the day, or if I just leaked a little or a lot at one time. Then she said I could try some samples on in their fitting room. She handed me a couple different ones from the packs they had open for samples. She asked me if I needed any help getting them on to which I replied that I didn't. (had this been today I would have let her) So I tried on a few different brands and chose the Attends brand. I can still remember the smell of those older Attends.

That was over 20 years ago and I still shop there from time to time. The same lady is still there. She usually asks me how whatever product I'm using is working out for me, and if I've had any problems or accidents with them. I've encouraged her to see some of the products that are available on the net and she looks into them. They've added a lot of new lines over the years. Every time I'm there she tells me about the new products they have, which I usually already know about, and offers to let me try them on or gives me a sample or two to take with me.

Surprisingly, I don't remember ever being very scared about buying diapers.

it was earlier last summer, and i pretended to be on the phone buying adult diapers for a school project, i rode up on an electric scooter xD.

it sucked cause i knew alot of people in the grocery store since its only a 4 minute walk from my house, good thing they had self checkout lines :3

i think it was a pack of those top care belted things. those were kinda cool but dident hold much D:

First (successful) buy was about a month ago. Was with a friend, told him i had to stop at walgreens--stopped at the one on the other side of town, where I knew nobody i knew would see me. Had a duffel bag with me, hauled ass to the back of the store, grabbed a pack of Depends without looking, brought them to the pharmacy checkout--and it wasn't until I had actually PAID for them that i realized i had bought Larges, I had figured i'd fit Mediums, so i had to trade them in for Mediums.

Got home and that night i put one on.....and GAAAAAAAH! barely fit!!! I DID need the larges!!!

Oh well.....they fit and the only gripe i have is I have to tape them on the wings not on the front......but that's the price i pay for not looking before I buy!

When I was growing up my Mom (and most of our family) was anti-disposable. All I had ever worn was pinned classic Curity 21x40" flat gauze diapers. In the summer of 1981 I was weeks away from moving to a university dorm. The day I received my acceptance letter I wrote a personal letter to the housing director, explaining I had no nocturnal bladder control. I promised to bring my own waterproof sheets and gauze diapers, assuming there were washing machines in the dorms. Soon the housing director wrote back, saying not to worry, a lot of college students wet their beds. She complimented me on being honest and responsible. However, she also told me none of the dorms had washing machines. Her suggestion was to use disposables, adding the campus general store stocked the entire size-range of Attends.

I was scared to show that letter to Mom. Screwing up my courage I finally told her that I would need to wear disposables to bed at college. Mom smiled, said she expected that to be the case and suggested I start getting used to sleeping in Attends before I left home. Mom reminded me that a few times when my youngest sister Missy was a toddler it was necessary for Missy to wear Pampers, which she did not like.

Back then I did not have a driver's license, so I had to ask Mom to drive me to a supermarket. The smallest Attends they stocked were Medium. By then I was used to sometimes wearing diapers under my clothing during the day, so buying the Attends did not embarrass me very much. Nobody at the store asked me anything or made any remarks. Of course once home it was obvious those Medium were overly large for me. The Attends box had a toll-free phone number. That was ages before websites! Naturally evening in Southern California was hours after Attends in North Carolina had closed, as the answering machine informed me. The next day I got up at 6am to call Attends customer service. I fretted about talking to a stranger about needing diapers.

My worries were for nothing. The Attends customer service lady was very kind. She asked a few questions about my size, saying they made Junior, Youth and Small. She felt sure I was way too large for Junior (about the size of a current Size 6 baby diaper). Small might still be too large. After placing me on hold, she returned saying a medical supply store about 20 minutes from my home had Youth and Small in stock. According to their file they would open at 9am. The nice lady gave me their address and phone number. I had to wait an hour for Mom to wake up to tell her the good news. Mom said she would drive me to that store on her way to work. It was almost 9:30am when we reached the medical store.

Waiting on the counter was a box each of Attends Youth and Small. It was the store owner at the cash register. I thanked him for anticipating my need. He told me the Attends factory representative had asked him to give me each of those boxes as a sample. That was so considerate. Also really good public relations. I have purchased more than a few cases of Attends in the 27+ years since then.

As soon as I had put on a Small and found it fit me very well, I phoned Attends customer service to thank them. I had not needed to open the box of Youth, which I offered to return to the store. Instead the customer service lady asked me to keep it, perhaps taking it with me to the dorm in case a smaller person might need them. In fact I packed half that carton of Youth in my stuff which was going by freight to the dorm. I also call the store to thank them. Certainly that was a friendly first experience buying my own diapers.

Fortunately I started wearing Attends Small to bed almost a month before I had to leave. For the first 10 days I could not sleep well wearing an Attends. Each night eventually I would have to take off the Attends and pin myself into a gauze diaper for the rest of my bedtime. I took to wearing an Attends around the house after I got home from work, to speed up the getting used to them process. I did pay for my second box of Attends Small. My Granny Vi drove me to the medical store that time.

Sure enough the campus store did stock all the sizes of Attends, plus waterproof sheets.