LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Frustrations Of Wearing Cloth Diapers.

I wear three diapers at night, because I'm a heavy wetter and will soak them thoroughly by morning. What's frustrating is to get them on and suddenly have a heavy wetting followed by a messy incident. "I just changed into those diapers!" The frustration is the cleanup and changing into three more for the night. That doesn't happen often, but it has happened twice in this month. I hate the idea of losing more control but as I get older I'm sure I will. It happened tonight and so I'm venting.

*hugs*

I know what you mean... I hate being put in a diaper when I really gotta go potty, wetting it, then having to get into a new one. It's just a waste of a diaper in my opinion since I can actually go to the bathroom beforehand. However, usually the decision isn't up to me.

Vent all you need.

-Sophie

I wear three diapers at night, because I'm a heavy wetter and will soak them thoroughly by morning. What's frustrating is to get them on and suddenly have a heavy wetting followed by a messy incident. "I just changed into those diapers!" The frustration is the cleanup and changing into three more for the night. That doesn't happen often, but it has happened twice in this month. I hate the idea of losing more control but as I get older I'm sure I will. It happened tonight and so I'm venting.

Vent away, we're here to listen and to let you know you're not alone ;) You didn't intend it to be, but this post is another good lesson for those who believe they want to be incontinent. The 'guy' part of my mind is quite the analyst and when things in my own life don't go as I like I go back over the situation and similar ones like it from before, looking to see if there was a trigger for the problem or a set of circumstances that enabled or brought on the problem. Often I find something that connects them so when I see it again I become alert to the possibility of it happening again :o Maybe this will work for you here, maybe not. Life has it's frustrations and sometimes there is nothing you can do about them except try to find a bright side to them, or look for some humor in them to make it easier to deal with. I see one bright spot already- if you just emptied your bladder at least it will be awhile before there's a repeat of the incident :rolleyes: Just do what's needed, then find something that soothes you to help you get over it and put the incident behind you into the past where it belongs. Even of you know it will happen again, don't take that negativity along with you until then- it will poison your life and chase away any happiness you could have had if you do :o Sometimes that's the best we can do with what life has given us :blush:

Bettypooh

I hear you, TP!

This happens to me a lot, except I usually use disposables. I just put it on (or sometimes, before it's even taped up) and the next thing I know, it's not clean anymore!

Most people I've talked to in chat look at me funny when I say I prefer the few seconds to few minutes of dryness in my diaper, but for me, it's kind of a nice change - that is, until it's not clean anymore! *hugs*

~ moogle

I hear the frustration, and sympatise with your situation, but apart from that, there is really nothing you can do. For me, when I get into my night diapers, I make sure that I use a lot of barrier cream (Sudocreme or something simmilar) to prevent diaper rash, and do that while lying in bed. When the diaper is on fully, I turn over and am asleep within minutes. I have never worried about being in a wet diaper cause the amount of time in a day that my diaper is totally dry can be counted in minutes. It is rotten to have to change a messy diaper within minutes after changing, but that has happened rarerly to me since I usually mess my diaper overnight or first thing in the mornings. This can be managed with training etc.

When I was fecal incontinent, I would change in the shower. It was a bad time for me then. Not only was I loosing poop, I was loosing blood. The surgeon's knife cured my messy problem. I am just wet at night now. Have you seen a doctor about the issue? It could be something really dangerous.

I hear you, TP!

This happens to me a lot, except I usually use disposables. I just put it on (or sometimes, before it's even taped up) and the next thing I know, it's not clean anymore!

Most people I've talked to in chat look at me funny when I say I prefer the few seconds to few minutes of dryness in my diaper, but for me, it's kind of a nice change - that is, until it's not clean anymore! *hugs*

~ moogle

I have to agree with you the 10- 20 mins of a dry diaper are always the best!

one very frustrating night was exhausted and although i usually put my diapers on standing up i was so tired i laid down to put on the new diaper.... i woke up some time later as i was wetting all overmyself :( apperantly i feel asleep before i taped the new diaper on! it was still underneath me but was not really on!

• 3 weeks later...

one very frustrating night was exhausted and although i usually put my diapers on standing up i was so tired i laid down to put on the new diaper.... i woke up some time later as i was wetting all overmyself :( apperantly i feel asleep before i taped the new diaper on! it was still underneath me but was not really on!

That is funny I have done the same laid down to change and wkae up to peeing all over and falling asleep before I was fully diapered up. I can also sympathize with getting changed for bed and walk downstairs to take meds and such and get down there and end up messy or super soaked..Really nothing to do except change and hope!!

• 1 month later...

My biggest frustration with wearing cloth is that I run and hike alot so I really large thighs and the seams on my plastic pants would tear after a few wearing. That got expensive fast. If I could find a good plastic pant that would last I would go back to them untill then I am sticking with my abena xpluses.

Stay dry,

John

CollegeBaby86,

I assume you have used prefolds, pins and vinyl baby pants. That is traditional cloth diapering, but modern cloth diapering means using pocket diapers with a barrier, soaker and stay-dry layer. The last is usually microsuede or other such material that passes urine to the soaker layer quickly and helps you feel dry until the diaper is totally soaked.

There are advantages to cloth as well as sposies. They are all diapers and they are all good :)

Aloha,

Honu