LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pull-Ups Vs. Tapes

anondl

Pull-ups vs. tape on  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Are Pull-ups real diapers?

uuuuuh :) this IS a pickle for me :) but hey, I say yes. because: "diaper is a sponge-like garment which people wear who are incapable of controlling their bladder or bowel movements, or are unable or unwilling to use a toilet." (wikipedia) = thus a pull-up has diaper-like qualities by which it can be classified as a diaper :)

• 3 months later...

I say YES!

Of course they are different but trust me if someone saw you in a pull-up or diaper they would know you had some wetting or messing issues. The level of protection is the only difference between the both. Personally I wear both but as I go out into the public I wear pull-ups way more then taped just as a matter of convienence. More often than not when in "taped" diapers I have had negative experiences with the strength of the tapes, for some reason they come undone. When enjoying a fun playtime in a diaper I will tape the diaper secured so no matter what I won't have a tape malfunction. Pull-ups give you a nice bulky feeling between the legs and when worn with plastic pants they protect fairly well from leakage.

Yes pull-ups ARE diapers in my mind.

This kinda reminds me of the "Less filling - Tastes great" commercial, LOL :lol:

I say yes because both perform the same function though at different levels ;)

An axe and an Xacto knife are both wood removal tools, one meant for lesser work than the other. A house and a tent both serve as shelters. A pull- up and a tape-on are both diapers- they both contain bodily excretions and protect the outer clothing- the same job at different levels of work, but the same job regardless- thus they are the same thing B)

It seems that some of the replies indicate that it's the absorbency level which defines the product.:huh: We all know store-brand tape-ons can't come close to a Molicare, Abena, or a Bambino so does that mean that the store-brand tape-ons aren't real diapers because they don't hold enough?

Yes, there's a difference between pull-ups and tape-ons, and some don't like pull-ups, but they are definitely both diapers- like it or not :D

Bettypooh

I do not classify pull ups as diapers. If you look back to the original intent of "Pull-ups". They were marketed as disposable training pants as an alternative to cloth training pants just the same as a disposable diaper is an alternative to cloth diapers. As been said, pulls up are an absorbent product, yes, but their intent and use are two different things.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, webster defines diaper as -"a basic garment for infants consisting of folded cloth or other absorbent material drawn up between the legs and fastened at the waist, also a similar garment for incontinent adults.

As far as preference goes I'm all about my cloth diapers at home, when I go out I wear goodnites a lot.