LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena X-plus

Talking with someone at KCK medical, I was informed that there will be some new products coming out, late this year but was not given any information on what to expect from abena. Just that they are really impressive sooooo speculation starts NOW!!

Talking with someone at KCK medical, I was informed that there will be some new products coming out, late this year but was not given any information on what to expect from abena. Just that they are really impressive sooooo speculation starts NOW!!

That's just cruel!

Yeah, not sure if this is the "new" item or not. Basically "Go Green" diapers. It's a good idea though. Not a fan of the stretch tabs though. Companies need to stop with that already.

From Website:"Premium" label

Abena is now introducing a new range of environmentally friendly incontinence products under the "Premium" label. A key feature of the new range is that all the products are produced according to The Nordic Eco-label

Don't get your hopes up too high... Just snooping around Abena Denmark's website and if the new product line is this:

http://www.abena.dk/Default.aspx?ID=12689&M=News&NewsID=1300&pid=7343

Then it's a cloth covered diaper in their Air Plus line with the much maligned 'Bambino Teddy' style stretchy tapes... Nothing new or special :(

That's a good point...KCK's own site already lists them, but when you go to purchase, it's the Air-Plus line instead.

They are more or less the same thing except for breathable. I personally like to keep them on hand for when I am on a long jag of wearing, the chance of getting a rash is a lot lower if you alternate between them and regular plastic backed ones.

The downside is that the moisture will leak out in extremely small amounts. Not even as much as a pinhole would leak mind you, it's more like it radiates humidity.

Oh, and to all of this nonsense about them phasing out the plastic entirely, look at the difference in price between the air-plus and the regular line! They would lose a TON of sales if they did that.

I don't like the Air Plus diapers.

"Breathable" means they seep wetness through the outer cover, they actually feel wet on the outside.

"Breathable" also means air flows through, so they produce an obvious smell when wet. If I can smell me, I know others can too!

The cloth covering also stretches, meaning they start to sag and the tapes need to be redone after a few hours.

They are OK if you wear plastic pants over them, but otherwise I suggest you avoid.

I don't like the Air Plus diapers.

"Breathable" means they seep wetness through the outer cover, they actually feel wet on the outside.

"Breathable" also means air flows through, so they produce an obvious smell when wet. If I can smell me, I know others can too!

The cloth covering also stretches, meaning they start to sag and the tapes need to be redone after a few hours.

They are OK if you wear plastic pants over them, but otherwise I suggest you avoid.

Agree, agree, agree. I was buying these up what yeah, there were so many cons to the pros that I just stopped. Only pro was quiet, that's it. drugstore.com does sell them in large in air-plus for the same price as the plastic backed. $19.95 for 12/pk. Cheapest you'll find. Have to say, I do like cloth sometimes, but I'm growing away from it. Only reason I really like it is for discreteness and it'd probably be the only way to wear full time for me. For the most part though, plastic diapers worn in public, unless you're going to a library or someplace quiet, it's so undetectable you shouldn't even worry. Wearing plastic pants and/or tight underwear over top of a plastic diaper reduces sound drastically.

The only gripe i have had with the air pluses is winter time use. They don't stay warm like the plastic backed ones do and on the job i only have lunch time to change. They are fantastic for the summertime and that is when i use them the most.

• 5 months later...

Yesterday ordered a case from AB Universe, because they were on sale.

They have a long name. I think it was Abri-Form L-4 with plastic backing.

They were about $ 52 with free shipping and there is 36 in a case of 3-12 packs.

Not even cheap on sale. But I am willing to pay extra for quality.

Do you think I did okay on the brand and price?

• 2 weeks later...

What's the trick of treat of the white and blue tapes on the X-Plus?

It's like 2 tapes. Which would be like 8 tapes in all.

Obviously the diaper will rip if adjusted.

Then you gotta resort to packing tape.

Are the blue tabs a "second chance"?

I've been wearing them this week and they do hold a lot.

The only down side is after a while the turn into a big clump.

Kewl... I was using the blue tape first, but same basic concept.

Before I learned this, must of wasted a couple of diapers.

They may be disposable, but that's after they're used ;o)

• 4 weeks later...

Proper order to use the tabs on Abena X-plus? Which order are you suppose to tape the tapes to the diaper in? 1. The top two first, then the bottom two? 2. The bottom two, then the top two? 3. Both tabs on side first, then the other? My diaper was on tight but it didn't look quite straight. Should the top or bottom ones be tighter than the others? Any tips for a diaper rookie?

Abena X-Plus are good, but the pin hole leaks are really annoying. I too like Attends with Waistband, but I pad them out with either Moliform Super pads, or Abri-San 11 pads. I will also use clear packing tape to make a tape landing zone for both brands....this makes moving the tapes easy.....and they never pop loose! EVER!

I've found the easiest way to put the packing tape on the front is to pull the diaper up and tuck the wings under me (I wear larges...but can fit in mediums) holding the front taught....then I apply the packing tape in 3 stripes across the front.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just wondered if anybody could answer me the following question. I was recommended the Abena M4 by a friend but I wasn't sure what they were. Are the Abena M4 the same nappies as found at this link....

http://www.incontinencechoice.co.uk/product/abena-abri-form-medium-70-110cm-27-43in-x-plus-3600ml-pack-of-14-416310.html

These, as the page suggests, are Abri Form X-Plus.

Any help gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

Wow...so my packet of Abri Form X Plus arrived today and I am amazed at how thick they are! I haven't tried one on yet but I compared the thickness to my usual Tena Slip Maxi and the Abri Form win hands down! Can't wait to try one on later!! I may have to change nappy brands!

• 1 month later...