LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena X-plus

I have been using x-plus continuously in the past months but either I need to change pretty frquently throughout the day or my diaper obviously leaks. I have read about putting baby disposable diapers inside the one you use, but I was thinking if wearing one or two x-plus at once would simply solve the problem? Please give me some info!

One XPlus usually lasts all day/night for me, but I've tried that, once... I hadn't wet yet but saw that the outer plastic had gotten ripped somehow (probably caught in the zipper of my jeans). Didn't want to waste an otherwise perfectly good diaper, so I taped another over it.

It was obvious THICK-- forget about people not knowing you're wearing a diaper! Then, after I'd worn it all day, it got pretty heavy (just pee) and I had to re-tape the outer diaper... they were sagging pretty low. My plastic pants helped keep them on, but if not for those and having to re-tape, they would have eventually sagged right off... they got REAL heavy. But they never once leaked... wore them for 12+ hours!

XPlus are pretty expensive per diaper to be doing that all the time... yeah, I'd just try stuffing with baby diapers instead, or try plastic pants...

good luck!

wv.

Wearing plastic pants helps to keep you from leaking, but if you're looking for extra absorbancy, you could also try boosters that are made especially for that purpose. They're relatively inexpensive. Or you could use baby diapers as stuffers, but I find that the boosters are easier than using baby diapers.

It sounds like a plan but it also sounds really expensive.

I have been using x-plus continuously in the past months but either I need to change pretty frquently throughout the day or my diaper obviously leaks. I have read about putting baby disposable diapers inside the one you use, but I was thinking if wearing one or two x-plus at once would simply solve the problem? Please give me some info!
  • 2 weeks later...

I just went to xpmedical.com and on the front page they show an X-Plus with backward printing. The diapers are fine, but Gary is selling them at a discount of $47.99 per case, shipping included! This is an unbeatable deal, it seems, for the right person.

The hitch? They're only in medium and, of course, the quantities are limited. The fact that they're mediums makes them useless to me, but I'm hoping to be able to help some people here. Go check it out!

-RMS

I'm happy to say that these were still around after pay day. I picked up a case at the discounted price. Awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering if anybody had any info on the Abena AirPlus. XPMedical started selling it recently, and they make it sound like it has air ventilation, feels comfy, and will hold 10 liters, but somehow I doubt it's that nice. However, since it's from Abena, I bit it's well worth the money.

Has anybody tried these?

I'll look them up in a sec, but 10 liters, that's gotta be a typo???? my x-plus's would be lucky to hold 2 liters, course I'm in a small but geeze thats about 2.5 gallons (10 ltr) isn't it??? (didn't look it up yet though) thats just crazy!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I never had that problem with Abri-form, what I found wrong was the tapes; they just would not stay on! :angry2:

At first I was loving the look and feel of my nappy but after only about an hour both tapes had given way! I thought that maybe I'd just not done it properly so I carefully refastened making sure they were very secure, but they cam undone twice more before I got fed up and changed :(

They did hold a lot which was nice, but the padding appeared to be the sort that breaks apart if you stay in the nappy too long.

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! this is exactly what happens with abena. The newest ones i think have softer plastic but the inner absorption padding/material does break up if you're in them long enough and the tapes are still an issue with these diapers/nappies. Once you tape them on you better not retape cause they will not hold up. Still love the thickness and feel and absorption and all that stuff though.

• 1 month later...

I have been using the Abriform Super for quite some time now and I find the padding and tapes hold up quite well. I have had a tape pop off once in a while but I can usually refasten it and it holds up ok.

I just tried some samples of the air plus in both super and x-plus. The tapes really suck! If one pulls of, it takes some of the cloth covering with it and it's impossible to get it to hold again. Bleh... Although the air plus helps with sweating and all that, I'll stick with the originals.

• 2 weeks later...