LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena X-plus

atleast when Attends made there change from Proctor & Gamble they let you know that there diapers would be made different, unlike Abena and pull a fast one with new packaging and totally changing the diaper without making consumers aware of the change before they continue to buy them. They are just a cheap company cutting corners, making the plastic so soft that refastening them after taped is impossible, not to mention the thinner absorbancy matting, they added the cheaper powder polymers that wick up wetness into a snow ball the diaper loses it's flat metting shape and is nothing like the previous diaper that was made by the same identical company!. I'm back to Molicare's screw that I'm not dropping another penny on a company that pulls crap like this. Likee I said before they are now nothing more than a regular generic pharmacy diaper but 3 times the price.

Oh.. and they did say they had so many complaints that they were going back to making the absorbancy matting the same way they use to? have not seen this B.S. happen and I can bet my farm that we won't thats why I decided not wasting any more money on these and going back to the Molicares. atleast they are consistant and have been for years. CVS diapers are better than these now!

• Like 1

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks they haven't changed that much? They still hold loads, the tapes are better, and the plastic changed. I've not seen any of these other issues.......

On reflection, no you're not. My earlier comment about less absorbency might well have been through rose-tinted glasses as I suspected. I drink a lot more water (tea, coke, etc) these days and that's probably why they don't seem to last as long - what goes in must come out :lol:.

The tapes are still good (as blue two-layer tapes go) the fit is still not that great but OK and they're still very thick and nice and high-backed (good thing for overnight). I've not had any with pinhole leaks either. I don't like the new pattern that much. Maybe it's just this batch but the pattern is off-centre. It makes it awkward to put the diaper on straight because I always seem to automatically want to centre it based on the design.

• Like 1

Its unfortunate they changed the look of the Abena, not a big fan. Seems as with my experience with them as well that they are also not as absorbent. Its OK, because they are not my main diaper so no real loss...just won't ever buy em.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Just got a case of M4's - why did they have to ruin a good thing. the shape is prettymuch the same but the fit is now weird because the plastic is too soft. They appear to have WAY more cellulose fiber, not sure on the SAP as I'm just wearing the first one of the case.

upon inspecting the bag, I didn't notice any - ANY- issues with SAP causing pinholes which was a chronic problem with the old design. I'd get about 30% of each case having pinholes. :S

I've mentioned to B4NS.com that they need to update their website indicating the difference in what they're advertising vs what they are shipping.

I'll bump the post, in a few hours when I've put this M4 thru its paces... er or is that puddles ;)

Cheers.

df

I've been wearing the X-plus regularly for a while now. I haven't noticed any change in capacity, they still hold more than any other diaper on the market. The tapes on the new revision do hold better than the older ones, they're not as stiff so they flex more. I have not had any pin-hole problems with the X-plus... however the same cannot be said for the Super and Extra.

I have been buying my cases from diapersdirect on E-bay for several months. His prices are about $5 lower than XPMedical and his service is great... plus I get E-bay bucks to use on other purchases. Check him out if you are an E-bayer... some of his stuff isn't a bargain, but some is.

Hey DF, Yeah, I've had a lot of issues with the extras having pinholes myself, I've been emailing lot numbers to abriform they dont seem to care though.

and yep the M4 iteration seems fine. if anything a tad more comfortable than the old style.

I have never tried the Extras before - are they like in between Abena X-Plus and Supers?

Hi Adrian, the main difference on the extras, is the padding is slightly thinner, and it is not as wide at the front. They are a great daytime diaper if you can change every few hours with no issues. they fit almost exactly the same as the xplus/m4 the only difference being less padding.

Hi Adrian, the main difference on the extras, is the padding is slightly thinner, and it is not as wide at the front. They are a great daytime diaper if you can change every few hours with no issues. they fit almost exactly the same as the xplus/m4 the only difference being less padding.

Lets not forget not only the less padding but also the thinner cheaper plastic covering making refastening impossible! Not all wear for daytime, I use stricktly for night time incontinenece and Abena was not very professional at answering my straight forward questions about there specific changes, To me their just another CVS generic polymer filled diaper, they have lost what they was initially known for and Molicare seems to surpass them in the quality and strict manufacturing guidelines in a diaper.

I use the X-plus M4's...In a way I sorta' like the softer feeling plastic; I haven't had a problem with the pin holes as others have mentioned, my problem is that with the last case I've had the plastic has been splitting in the back....hopefully what's going on will only be with this case, 'cause I do like these diapers.

Huh, not good feedback for the Abena X-plus/M4's whatever they are called now lately. Back when I actually had some Abena X-Pluses I never had problems with pinhole things - I just hated the tapes. The tapes are what bothered me - but other than that the absorbency was always good and no pinhole problems.

Well pin holes are the least of your worries if buying Abena now days, there tapes sometimes you will get an entire case where the tapes are creased in half causing for them to come off, and lets not forget you only get two attachment tries with these new saran wrap plastic diapers, after the blue tape has failed you only get one more chance to get it right without having to resort to using DUCT tape to save you! If they are splitting up the middle in the rear sounds like they ran the plastic as thin as possible at there expense now costing them to loose good customers that was once willing to pay 55.00 a case for a good diaper, Me I think I'm back to Molicare in efforts to wait out the storm and see if another competitior that listens more to their customers and designs a very nice expensive diaper rather than a generic pharmacy diaper. Sounds like they have cut every corner imaginable at customers expense because I have not seen the price of these diapers go down only their quality but I have wrote Abena only to get ignored as another DL complainer, I hope there nursing homes industry is enough to keep them afloat because I refuse to invest in cheaply made diapers specially when they are 54.95 per case for mediums. thats not cheap!

I've been wearing the Abena's now for the past few months and have grown to just love them. I've bought the Air x-plus and regular x-plus as well as some Supers now. I guess it would be the L4 and L2 (large). The air plus is nice since they're the same price per diaper as the regular ones. Many companies are charging more for the same diaper just because of the cloth outer shell however from what I've seen and bought, Abena's not which is a plus. The tapes are super strong but I have noticed on the cloth ones especially, the lower tabs seperate from the diaper at the wing if worn for extended periods of time and being active. I'm talking like 8-12 hours of wear so maybe it's to be expected and maybe I'm putting the lower tab on too tight so it might just be operator error too. The physical tapes though have never come loose. The only real issue I've had is the padding in the front tends to clump eventually, again after extended wearing but it is the most disappointing problem. It doesn't really affect things too much but when I take it off in a standing position especially, and it's real wet, all the padding will fall down to the bottom of the diaper as I hold it up by the top. If they could solve this problem, I'd love them even more. I've had no leaks, even when the diapers full and I can tell it's wet from front to back it will take another full wetting and still absorb and contain it without leaking. The diaper becomes very squishy feeling and bulky but no leaks! I feel more comfortable wearing these as I feel nomatter what position I'm in I don't have to worry about leaks. Some other diapers leak in the butt when I sit and they are real wet but the abena doesn't seem to have that problem which is awesome.

As for the L4's both air and reg, the padding and absorbancy is very expansive. The front padding covers nearly the entire front even above my legs so not just the groin area. I like this as it can "catch" dribbles while in different sitting positions. It is definately thick but dispured well around so the padding coverage is great both front and back. Being male, the front is what I really need and many diapers fail here with little front wing coverage, Abena does not. It almost feels like a real cloth diaper when wearing it at first since the paddings everywhere.

As for the L2's, the padding is thinner and less coverage across the front. It isn't too much wider in the front than the leak guards. I was nervouse at first about side leaks but acually haven't had one get so my concerns have gone away. The guards typically will catch it and not let it go into the wing, it's just the wider wing like L4's have more room to dispurse the wettings than these do. The still hold a ton and are a bit more discrete if you're worried about that. Honestly though, is at most a couple mm going to be that noticeable? I don't think so anymore. The reason I do like these too however is first they're less expensive, neary a third less than the price of L4's. Granted you get less absorbancy but I don't always need the L4's capacity so why pay for it. I'm sure many of us put on different diapers depending on how much absorbancy for a time frame we think we'll need and the L2's most often fit the bill. The L4's I mainly use at night. I do want to try the L3's thought or the Extra's to see how they are. Infact, I think I'll go order them now.

I have been using Abri-San 7s for a year or so, buying in bulk from XP Medical. They do what I need, and the changing is far easier with liners than it is with diapers or briefs. Lately my bowels have been acting up, so I placed another order, this time buying the 9s instead. XP doesn't carry them, so I had to order from NorthShore. Well, the liners (huge pads- diapers with no waist tapes IMO) no longer have plastic backing. They use the "Air Plus" backing like the Abena diapers. Long story short- they leak. That cloth material leaks right through before the padding ever fills up. Long before it feels full and in need of a change, it has wet the back of my jeans.

Well pin holes are the least of your worries if buying Abena now days, there tapes sometimes you will get an entire case where the tapes are creased in half causing for them to come off, and lets not forget you only get two attachment tries with these new saran wrap plastic diapers, after the blue tape has failed you only get one more chance to get it right without having to resort to using DUCT tape to save you! If they are splitting up the middle in the rear sounds like they ran the plastic as thin as possible at there expense now costing them to loose good customers that was once willing to pay 55.00 a case for a good diaper, Me I think I'm back to Molicare in efforts to wait out the storm and see if another competitior that listens more to their customers and designs a very nice expensive diaper rather than a generic pharmacy diaper. Sounds like they have cut every corner imaginable at customers expense because I have not seen the price of these diapers go down only their quality but I have wrote Abena only to get ignored as another DL complainer, I hope there nursing homes industry is enough to keep them afloat because I refuse to invest in cheaply made diapers specially when they are 54.95 per case for mediums. thats not cheap!

3 posts of you whining about Abenas on the same page. I think we all get it by now... you don't like them.

• Like 1

3 posts of you whining about Abenas on the same page. I think we all get it by now... you don't like them.

Sorry my friend to have offended you but this is a News Group intended to express opinion's about "DIAPERS" i.e DaileyDiapers? or have you not learned that over the years? If I'm not mistaken this thread was intended for information "GOOD" or "BAD" about Abena X-Plus's product and nothing other! If you have a problem with me trying to inform others or stating or other wise expressing my personal opinion to people about the diverse flaws of a company's product that continues to take money with a smile and change there product using un-ethical tactics than you need to get a real life other than this thread my friend! if this bothers you this much. or better yet act your real age 39 for a few seconds and grow up and just stop reading this thread if you don't like hearing about the "BAD" side of the Abena product that I have had, or are you going to moderate this thread to how many negative post a member can put on this thread?.

I read your about me and was rather mislead, well PLEASE tend to keep the LOW profile if you have nothing nice to add other than trying to start flame wars or moderate a thread to your liking, sorry if you got left in a soggie diaper over night? I am almost 100% certain that starting flame wars are rude and most deffinetly not welcome here, and I don't see where this is trying to make new friends? as you clearly state in your about me dialog. PLEASE be more friendly and try to make more friends like you have stated in your About me post. Not calling other posters "Whinners" thats really acting like a toddler.

BD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darkfinn's about me:

"I've been online in one form or another in the ab/dl scene since 1998 or so...

I tend to keep a low profile, mostly because its easier and I'm just too busy irl with other stuff.

I'm very much involved in the local bdsm scene. And I'd like to get more involved with the local ab/dl scene, make more friends etc.

I'm friendly and always willing to make new friends.

I primarily identify as a DL, I lean more towards the Daddy side of things when it comes to AB type play.

I cant think of anything else.. if you want to know ask.

feel free to say hi"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I apoloogize if I have offended anyone on this thread but I try my best to stick to the facts as best of my knowledge and I try to word every post so that it is not directed at any one particular member in anyway that might cause hurt or anger or start a flame war in anyway, I would hope that others would also respect others opinions and comments without having to be negative or degrading towards other members, If I have done anything wrong please forgive me for that in advance because this is not my intentions on this newsgroup and I would hope that everyone can understand that not everyone has had a good experience with Abena's products and there is not very many of us to afford creating hatred to one another. Please next time try to not call a poster a whinner that is what I am talking about with the hurtful comments, I am not here to argue or start a war.

babydoug

• 4 weeks later...

the abena x-plus is the best diaper i have used. the tapes could stand some improvement. but if you use some white duct tape to secure them, they will not break loose. you will actually have a problem taking them off due to the duct tape. abena x-plus and duct tape makes for an indestructable diaper. try it, you will not be dissapointed.

Guest lilme

I wanted to mention the Abena Abri-let Maxi diaper doubler. I don't ever see anyone talking about it and I feel like it's this great secret I stumbled upon a few years back.

Abena makes a doubler that goes nicely with their diapers and fits almost the whole thing making it TWICE the thickness. Even if your not into the Abena diapers, their doubler is worth spending money on. It is the largest diaper doubler I have ever seen and is quite thick.

for a comparison check this out http://www.xpmedical.com/boostercompare.html

The bottom doubler is the abri-let maxi and they even show it inside one of their diapers. I always buy a case of doublers when I buy my case of diapers. To date... I've never leaked and you can go almost the WHOLE day in just one diaper if you wanted to.

~lilme

P.S. While the Abena xplus diaper is by far the best diaper out there in my humble opinion, I do agree that the tapes arn't the greatest. I've solved this. Buy a roll of white or clear duct tape and use to re-enforce the diaper tapes. Never have a prob after putting a small piece over the regular tape.

I wanted to mention the Abena Abri-let Maxi diaper doubler. I don't ever see anyone talking about it and I feel like it's this great secret I stumbled upon a few years back.

Abena makes a doubler that goes nicely with their diapers and fits almost the whole thing making it TWICE the thickness. Even if your not into the Abena diapers, their doubler is worth spending money on. It is the largest diaper doubler I have ever seen and is quite thick.

for a comparison check this out http://www.xpmedical.com/boostercompare.html

The bottom doubler is the abri-let maxi and they even show it inside one of their diapers. I always buy a case of doublers when I buy my case of diapers. To date... I've never leaked and you can go almost the WHOLE day in just one diaper if you wanted to.

~lilme

P.S. While the Abena xplus diaper is by far the best diaper out there in my humble opinion, I do agree that the tapes arn't the greatest. I've solved this. Buy a roll of white or clear duct tape and use to re-enforce the diaper tapes. Never have a prob after putting a small piece over the regular tape.

You are so right, I also use the white duct tape for those periodic non-stick tapes, I usually split it down the middle to make it the same width as the tape and making it last much longer! Glad I wasn't the only one resorting to this maybe this will help many others, I remember when I was very young I use to use electrical tape only to find it stretches to much and rolls up, I eventually figured out that duct tape works best and needs to be cut off with siccors. I like those doublers for long trips very handy and they do fit perfect, thanks lilme

The most serious issue I have with the tapes is that they're paper, so if they get wet they rip. Don't do that then... I get that when I wear them for extended periods with a cotton all-in-one over them. But then the cotton diaper holds it nicely. Both the M4 as the L4 have that. The latter being too big for my 32" waist but they hold more.

I agree that the Abri-Let Maxi are a great companion! I get my stuff from Herr Weidlich in Germany (shipping is quite cheap living in Amsterdam) and I always order several packs there.

Mr. Weidlich also carries a nice, cheaper alternative called Forma Care X-Plus. A little less absorbent but from the same factory and quite a bit cheaper.

I got a new bag of M4's the other week (that Medco Health deal) and they were a bit different. The blue of pattern wasn't as bold, in fact it was almost grey rather than the usual bright blue. The thing I noticed straight away though, was that the plastic was different. Smoother, stronger, less SAP crystals pressing against it from the padding...

Anybody else seen these differences?

• Like 2

<!--QuoteBegin-Spanky+Feb 23 2005, 07:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spanky @ Feb 23 2005, 07:27 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I am trying my second pack of Abri-Form X Plus and I'm not happy with them.  I got a pack several months ago because everyone talks them up so much.  When I tried them on, they felt great and I thought that they were the greatest.  Then I started to wet them and they started to leak through little pin-holes in the plastic.  Not just one diaper, but most of them from that pack.

I thought that I would give them another try and got a new pack a few weeks ago and these are doing the same thing.  The diaper is far from soaked, but leaks through the plastic when I'm wetting.

Does anyone else have this problem with these diapers?

<div align="right"><a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2293"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Never had that problem with Abri-forms, had it several time with Walgreen's store brand.

I've had the pin hole issue a couple of times, but my biggest issue is still their taping system. I don't understand why people are fine with using duct tape, and all kinds of other solutions. Find a better diaper, there are a few out there.