LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena X-plus

• 4 weeks later...

The -AP product has a cloth-like waterproof outer backing instead of the standard plastic sheet. there is M-AP and L-AP and as AutieAB had mentioned yuck. I don't like for the cloth backed either.

they are quiet and supposable be able to breath and let air to your skin. same absorbency as there counterpart. i don't like them because of the cloth like back love the plastic backed feel beter

Is it less absorbent or does it crinkle less? Whats the comparison with the AP and the Plastic one?

Thz for the input~

Necros~

I've tried both, and I hated the AirPlus. The tapes are bad enough on the regular X-Plus, but they somehow managed to make it worse with the AirPlus. The tapes are half velcro, and half normal tape, but the velcro part doesn't really stick well at all, and if you try to refasten them, the adhesive rips off some of the cloth-like material. They're quiet, and they seemed to have the same amount of absorbency, but I prefer the plastic backing. The regular X-Plus aren't really that crinkly, though.

--Brandon

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone....amm new to this forum and would like to know if there is a drugstore chain that carrriers abri forms x plus......was introduced to them a couple years ago and found them to be my very favorite disposable diaper,but have not been able to find any since.......please help me find some place where i can get theses ,price is not a problem.....but very much want some of my very own :(

----------------------------------------

03-03-2007/Saturday/0315 hours

Good luck finding them in a USA store. I have only found them online. Trying them for the first time tonight (drinking lots of beer). I am trying 3 of them at once. So far, I like the thickness of them. The waist could be a bit higher as they tend to want to drift downwards when walking, but the thickness and bulkiness of them feels wonderful. I think they really need a third tab on both sides also. Depends and Attends are junk compared to these so far.

Been using diapers as a diaper lover for over 25 years now. Depends for about 10 years, then switched to Attends until Proctor & Gamble sold out to PaperPak. That's when the design change came about 2 or 3 years ago and I left Attends. Used Walgreens brand for a long while.......using 4 at one time with packaging tape for a nice thick diaper. My first order arrived today, and I am going to give them a workout to see if they can take the test. I'll keep you all up to date as to how I think they are doing............

soggy

I like them!

To our US members: You can order Abena diapers from XP medical and earn us a small comission that helps pay to keep this site free:

http://www.xpmedical.com/id.html

I just signed up with XPmedical for a case of diapers every two weeks for the next year. What should I tell them to help you help you keep this a free site? Haven't seen the first case of my automatic

order. Perhaps I still have some barganing power to help you out. Please advise......

• 2 months later...

I love XPlus's, can't really add anything that hasn't been already written here... except for this one small caveat:

I'm a 32 waist, and the Mediums fit me just right. But a few months ago, I bought a case of LARGE XPlus by accident (darn twitchy mouse finger!). When they arrived, I saw my mistake but thought "hey let's try em out". They fit me with pluses and minuses:

Plus: longer and high-waisted fit -- looked just like baby diapers.

Minus: They leaked at my butt just as bad as Depends! I mean, after ONE flood (the Mediums can take at least three). One serious wetting into an XPlus Large, and I'd need a change. This wasn't a taping problem or something incidental-- I got that case two months ago, and have just finished it off, and every single Large XPlus leaked-- way before a Medium would have. Considering the top-shelf absorbancy of the Mediums, I was amazed.

Is this a problem with the Large XPlus's? No-- they just don't seem to work as well for somebody who should be in a Medium, that's all. So if you're an Medium-wearing XPLus fan thinking of going for the extra absorbancy of the Large's, I'd suggest you start with a sample-pack or the single pack of 14... don't jump for the full case right off! See how they work for you... there seems to be a very small margin of size-intolerance with them.

Other than that... I love my Mediums!! :thumbsup:

Vinyl.

I just got my first package of Large X-Plus and can't believe how thick they are, thats a good thing though. When I first pulled one out I thought I had pulled two out, lol. I certainly feel secure in them and defiantly not worried about leaking with them, unlike depends, tenas, attends, walgreens, riteaid. I don't think I have drank enough though as I have only wet it once so far, need more to see how far before I start worrying about it leaking. Going to try the medium next time though as even for a 38" waist they seem a bit big, figured the first time though that bigger was better then to small.

The Abena is the best disposable I have ever worn.

I just got my first package of Large X-Plus and can't believe how thick they are, thats a good thing though. When I first pulled one out I thought I had pulled two out, lol. I certainly feel secure in them and defiantly not worried about leaking with them, unlike depends, tenas, attends, walgreens, riteaid. I don't think I have drank enough though as I have only wet it once so far, need more to see how far before I start worrying about it leaking. Going to try the medium next time though as even for a 38" waist they seem a bit big, figured the first time though that bigger was better then to small.

Thirstiest diaper I've ever worn, no doubt but the fit just isn't right for me (skinny) and the tapes suck - tape landing zones are the way to go rather than those annoying double-layer things. The tapes also are quite stiff and the corners can really dig into my leg while walking around or sleeping.

They used to be my favourite diaper until I tried Secure X-Plus, which remained my favourite diaper until I tried Bambino :D

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Anyone try the Airplus Abriform Xplus?

They are the same as the regular abriform we all know and love but instead have a cloth like cover.

Im wearing my first now and it seems very good. Will fill you in later.

• 2 weeks later...

Well as promised i will fill you in on the air plus.

It is basically exactly the same as the regular xplus except it has a cloth like covering.

The fit and comfort are exactly the same as the normal xplus. The only difference is the cloth like cover and thw tapes which a part velcro style attachemnts. I have had some very mixed experiences over the years with the quality of the tapes.

I would have thought the air plus range would have fixed these problems but the reality is that the tapes still need work if they are going to live up to the rest of the standards. I would say that the Japanes makers have the fastening system better arranged than this. The tape system is one area that I have noticed adult diapers/nappies have lagged behind baby diapers in recent years. The tape system on the air plus in half sticky tabs and half velcro. Over the product cyle I would expect to see this improve.

In conclusion I would say that the air plus range is worth trying. If you need a very thick nappy/diaper for day time use then it is well worth testing. If you dont, then I would wait for some inevitable improvements to the tape system. At the moment it is not worth paying a premium for.

Well I just got a new shipment of disposables, this time I got the abena x-plus in size medium. I just put my first one on and I am a little disappointed. First off it feels like it might be a bit too big which isn't the diapers fault but I did base it on the sizing chart from XP medical. Maybe im just not used to the new brand but the padding that goes right in between your legs seems kinda... stiff I guess. This is compared to the Restore brand I wore before (which was my first pack ever) it may also be because it is a fresh diaper and just needs to be worn in.

Well I just got a new shipment of disposables, this time I got the abena x-plus in size medium. I just put my first one on and I am a little disappointed. First off it feels like it might be a bit too big which isn't the diapers fault but I did base it on the sizing chart from XP medical. Maybe im just not used to the new brand but the padding that goes right in between your legs seems kinda... stiff I guess. This is compared to the Restore brand I wore before (which was my first pack ever) it may also be because it is a fresh diaper and just needs to be worn in.

It may take you a week to get used to them!! It took me two weeks to get used to the bulk and then I ended switching to the ABENA X-PLus as a full time diaper. I wouldn't switch to any other brand. I have tried them all. They work out great for bowel incontinence because of the fecal guards.

Been really happy with Abena X-Plus because it was nice to find a disposable that actually worked overnight regardless of whether I'm sleeping on my stomach or back.

• 1 month later...

I have a retarded question. My boyfriend wears the Xplus (the normal ones, not the ones with velcro) and I have a question about the tapes. Can you only adjust them once? They have the blue tab, then the normal one. But what usually happens is, I first fasten them using the blue tabs, with the white tabs still attach. My boyfriend usually ends up adjusting them, but you can't take the blue tabs off, without ripping the plastic. So he takes the white ones off the blue tab, reapplies them. But you can't adjust them after that, can you? We haven't found a way. Am I just diaper retarded??? He loves them, but it would be ideal to be able to adjust them multiple times without causing problems to the plastic, or the adhesive.

Nope your not "Diaper Retarded" your doing it right. Blue tape first adjust with white tape. I guess I'm not understanding why they need adjusted so much? I rarely have to tighten the fit. IF I do it's usally once and it just lands back on top of the blue.

I am only Urinary Incontinent, so when I am out and about I only undo one side, to use the big boy potty. If for some reason later I need to go again I undo the other side. They seem to last longer that way as the adhesive won't take multiple retapings even on the landing (blue) strip.

Nope your not "Diaper Retarded" your doing it right. Blue tape first adjust with white tape. I guess I'm not understanding why they need adjusted so much? I rarely have to tighten the fit. IF I do it's usally once and it just lands back on top of the blue.

I am only Urinary Incontinent, so when I am out and about I only undo one side, to use the big boy potty. If for some reason later I need to go again I undo the other side. They seem to last longer that way as the adhesive won't take multiple retapings even on the landing (blue) strip.

I diaper him, most of the time he ends up having to adjust them at least a little once he stands up. Hell I have to adjust my own after I put them on! The other needs for adjusting come from enjoying enema play. Hehe. There are other brands we have and do use, which work fine. It would just have been nice if these were more adjustable. Thanks for the info!